PDA

View Full Version : ScienceDirect Access.

Mordokai
2010-04-02, 03:07 PM
As it stands, my access to sciencedirect.com database is somewhat limited. And to be fair, I still don't quite understand their policy. If one of the articles in their database is locked to me from my library, does that mean it's locked to everybody else as well? Or is it possible for people in America to be able to read it?

I would ask for favor, of all you nice people. If there is anybody out there with access to SD.com database, could they check if they can read the following article in full?

Childhood sexual abuse and the course of alcohol dependence development: Findings from a female twin sample.

Authors are as following:

Carolyn E. Sartor, Michael T. Lynskey, Kathleen K. Bucholz, Vivia V. McCutcheon, Elliot C. Nelson, Mary Waldron and Andrew C. Heath

I am limited to reading the abstract, but would like to read the whole thing for a project of mine. If anybody could check if they can access and download the whole thing in pdf, I'd be extremely grateful to them. At that point, we shall somehow arrange for the pdf file to be exchaned via email.

Force
2010-04-02, 07:28 PM
Uhh... That's probably bordering on piracy. I suggest contacting your local university and asking if they have a hard copy of the resource in question. Alternatively, see if you can pay a buck or two for the .pdf in question, which some databases allow.

EDIT: Google-fu shows me the full article... here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1950724/