PDA

View Full Version : Easter Themed Adventure Ideas [3.5]

Sillycomic
2010-04-02, 03:43 PM
I’ve been asked to GM a one off for my group a couple of days after Easter. So, I’m thinking the adventure should be easter themed.

My idea is that this giant bunny has tricked all the children of a village into his evil burrow. The adventurers have to go and save the children.

The burrow is locked by 5 keys, in the shape of eggs, that are separated throughout the dungeon in 5 different places. So… they have to go hunting for easter eggs before they can fight the bbeb (big bad evil bunny)

I need some more ideas though. What do I fill with this adventure that’s in the theme of Easter?

They have to fight chocolate golems.

Peeps of doom!

Chickens? I know there’s a couple of large birds in the MM that are chicken like.

Flowers, or other plant type monsters.

Zombies

Am I missing anything? Anything funny, or epic I can also throw in there?

El Dorado
2010-04-02, 04:20 PM
Gummi were bears

Sillycomic
2010-04-02, 04:33 PM
oh yes! And jelly beans? Perhaps oozes in the shape of jelly beans?

That is awesome.

TheCountAlucard
2010-04-02, 11:55 PM
Yes! The world needs more "Gelatinous Beans." :smallbiggrin:

As for the Peeps of Doom, you can just apply the Gelatinous Creature template from Savage Species to the Murder of Crows from Tome of Magic. Swarm of Marshmallow Peeps! :smalleek:

Malificus
2010-04-02, 11:59 PM
{Scrubbed}

Sillycomic
2010-04-04, 05:12 PM
I thought having a bunch of zombies running around would work well for the christ references... coming back from the dead and all.

Although, I do think an idea of going through hell and back would be epic. Perhaps for something a little better than a one off adventure though.

The good news is I have a bunch of easter candy that I will use for miniatures. All except gummi bears.

Bibliomancer
2010-04-04, 07:18 PM
Throw in a few chocolate eggs as adventure rewards that hatch in wyrmling chocolate dragons.

Apart from that, you could consider adding a chocolate template to all opponents:

Vulnerable to Fire + Delicious Aroma (all creatures within a 20 foot radius must make concentration checks against DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con Modifier or take a -2 to all d20 rolls from hunger).

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-04, 08:51 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: There is sufficient secular Easter that this could have been an okay topic. But apparently not this year.