PDA

View Full Version : Saw some Books

Stevielash
2010-04-02, 04:26 PM
First thread and first post, sorry if this isnt quite the right section, while walking home past a sort of pawn shop I saw several roleplaying game books/sets for only £2-£3 each and wondered if any were worth purchasing, heres a list of what i saw-

Jorune
Advanced Runequest and Runequest Bestiary
Gurps Horror,Basic Set Supers and Wildcards
Etherscope
Shatterzone
Daredevils
Marvel Universe,DC universe
The Terror of Ravenloft, 2nd edtion
Exalted, First edtion

Im not entirely sure of their respective editions or full names due to darkness so apoligies if thats an important issue :smalleek:, thanks.

AslanCross
2010-04-02, 06:37 PM
I saw Etherscope before. It looks like a rather interesting Victoriapunk setting.

bartman
2010-04-03, 02:32 PM
hey, if you have the extra cash, why not...

might find something new and interesting for you and your friends to play around with

Lord Loss
2010-04-03, 02:34 PM
Definitley get GURPS Horror. As for the rest, take a look at them before buying (I'm unfammiliar with the other RPGs)

Anonymouswizard
2010-04-03, 04:23 PM
Do you like rolling dice? If so stay away from Marvel Universe: it is "resource allocation". Make your own marvel system if it comes to that.

As for the others, never played/seen them.

Stevielash
2010-04-04, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the responses, I ended up getting GURPS basic set (3rd edition) and Horror and Ssupers, (second edition) for £4 and £3 each so im pretty happy. Looking through they seem to have been a good buy and a solid system. They also had a copy of exalted which I considered as it seems somewhat popular. The only dungeons and dragons product I found was a second edition copy of Ravenloft which looked quite interesting. There were also several books to strange mostly occult based RPGS and copies and Champions.

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 03:24 PM
Occult based RPGs you say? Like what? :3

Stevielash
2010-04-04, 03:35 PM
I really cant remember their names, they had generic names and taglines the only one I remember was called chill, some of them looked fantasticly complicated :smalleek:.

Lycan 01
2010-04-04, 04:33 PM
Such as Vampire, Werewolf, and other mytholgical things? :smallconfused:

Stevielash
2010-04-04, 05:23 PM
No more to do with deamons and spirits and such, I presume your thinking of the Whitewolf games.