PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Master (3.5 Base Class)

Morth
2010-04-02, 07:16 PM
Drunken Master

"This man was crazy! He was everywhere and nowhere, coordinated and clumsy. He was... amazing." -Morth, talking about Nirda, a Drunken Master

Alignment: Any, though many lean towards Chaotic.

HD: d10

Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex)

Skill points: 4 + Intelligence Modifier (x4 at first level)

Drunken Master
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|
Breath of Fire Range

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Improvised Flurry, Improvised Proficiency, Drink like a Demon|N/a

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Evasion, Swaying of the Waist|N/a

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory, Greater Fortitude|N/a

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Staggering Movement|N/a

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Improvised Fighting (1d6)|N/a

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Breath of Fire (3 "doses", 6d6)|20ft.

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Weapon Specialization: Tavern Armory|20ft.

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Drunken Swagger|20ft.

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+3|Improved Evasion|25ft.

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Improvised Fighting (2d4), Greater Improvised Flurry|25ft.

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Greater Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory|25ft.

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+8|
+4|Breath of Fire (2 "doses", 15d6)|30ft.

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+8|
+4|Lurching Movement|30ft.

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+9|
+4|For Medicinal Usage|30ft.

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+5|Greater Weapon Specialization: Tavern Armory, Improvised Fighting (2d6)|35ft.

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+10|
+5|Corkscrew Rush|35ft.

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Drunken Lunge|35ft.

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Breath of Fire (1 "dose", 30d6)|40ft.

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|Master Critical: Tavern Armory|40ft.

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+6|Improvised Fighting (2d8), Feel no Pain|40ft.[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A drunken master is proficient with simple weapons, unarmed strikes and no armor.

Improvised Flurry (Ex): The drunken master is adept at making many, many attacks with whatever is at hand when the time comes. A drunken master may make an additional attack at his highest bonus when he makes a full round attack with improvised weapons. At level 10, you may make a second additional attack at his highest bonus while flurrying.

Improvised Proficiency (Ex): A drunken master can use anything on hand as a weapon without being out of his element. A drunken master is considered proficient with improvised weapons. A drunken master is treated as having the Throw Anything feat when using improvised weapons.

Drink like a Demon (Ex): Your body handles alcohol differently from other people's. You can drink a large tankard of ale, a bottle of wine, or a corresponding amount of stronger alcohol as a swift action. Every bottle or tankard of alcohol you consume during combat reduces your Dexterity, Wisdom, and Intelligence by 1 point each, but increases your Strength or Constitution (your choice) by 1 point. You also gain DR 1/- for each "dose" in your system, but never more then one fourth your class level, rounded up. However, your Reflex save bonus, Dexterity bonus to Tumble, and AC bonus remain at their original levels regardless of your new Dexterity modifier. Your body metabolizes one drink per hour, reducing both the penalties and the bonus accordingly. You only gain the Strength and Constitution bonuses for alcohol drunk during a fight, and the bonuses only last until the end of the combat. (The penalties disappear more gradually.) What quantity of alcohol constitutes a "drink" is deliberately left undefined.

Evasion (Ex): See the monk ability of the same name.

Swaying at the Waist (Ex): The drunken master, while drunk, moves in a manner that makes him harder to hit. This is due not only to his relaxed muscles, but also to his erratic movement. A drunken master may add a dodge bonus equal to his original dexterity modifier up to his drunken master level to armor class while drunk and unarmored. The drunken master is also treated as having the Dodge feat while drunk.

Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory: A drunken master is especially skilled in the use of items found in any tavern. The drunken master is considered to have the Weapon Focus feat with bottles, tankards, plates, and tables.

Great Fortitude: You gain Greater Fortitude as a bonus feat.

Staggered Movement (Ex): By tripping, stumbling, and staggering, you can make a charge attack that surprises your opponents. This has two beneficial aspects while you are drunk: First, your charges need not be in straight lines, and you still move up to twice your speed. Second, make a Tumble check (DC 15) when you begin your charge. If you succeed, your movement through threatened squares provokes no attacks of opportunity.

Improvised Fighting (Ex): A drunken master learns to use anything to it's fullest. A drunken master deals the higher of indicated damage or their normal damage with improvised weaponry, whichever is higher.

Breath of Fire (Ex): A drunken master has such control over the inner workings of his body, letting him ignite some of the alcohol in his system and breath it as fire. As a standard action, a drunken master may lose the indicated amount of "doses" of alcohol to expel a cone of fire, dealing the indicated amount of fire damage. The target gets a reflex save to only take half the damage. You may only use this ability once every other round. (DC= 10+1/2 Drunken Master Level+Constitution Modifier)

Weapon Specialization: Tavern Armory: A drunken master's skill in the use of items found in any tavern has increased. The drunken master is considered to have the Weapon Specialization feat with bottles, tankards, plates, and tables.

Drunken Swagger (Ex): A drunken master is a warrior, using alcohol as a power source. A drunken master now takes no penalty to dexterity while drunk, and gains a bonus to both strength and constitution while drunk.

Improved Evasion (Ex): See monk ability of the same name.

Greater Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory: A drunken master's skill in the use of items found in any tavern has reached a level of minor renown. The drunken master is considered to have the Greater Weapon Focus feat with bottles, tankards, plates, and tables.

Lurching Movement (Ex): Your movement is nearly impossible to follow, and your foes are seldom ready to avoid your charges. Foes are considered flat-footed against your charges while you are drunk.

For Medicinal Usage (Ex): You have astounding control over your body systems, letting you expend one "dose" of alcohol to mimic the effects of drinking a Cure Moderate Wounds potion. This can only be done once a day for every 5 drunken master levels you posses.

Greater Weapon Specialization: Tavern Armory: A drunken master's skill in the use of items found in any tavern has become the talk of the town. The drunken master is considered to have the Greater Weapon Specialization feat with bottles, tankards, plates, and tables.

Corkscrew Rush (Ex): You leap forward, twisting your body in midair as you head-butt an opponent. This is a charge attack that, in addition to dealing normal damage, automatically initiates a bull rush attack (without provoking an attack of opportunity). Furthermore, you are considered to have the Power Attack feat for the purposes of a corkscrew rush, and if you hit your opponent, you stun your foe unless she makes a Will save (DC 10+1/2 Drunken Master levels+Constitution modifier). However, if your attack misses, you land prone in front of your opponent. This is only able to be done while drunk.

Drunken Lunge (Ex): A drunken master is known for strange moves, like smothering his opponents. A drunken master gains Improved Grapple as a bonus feat and, in the even of a missed corkscrew rush, can attempt a grapple check on the target. If it succeeds, the target is knocked prone with the drunken master.

Master Critical: Tavern Armory (Ex): A drunken master's skill in the use of items found in any tavern has become the stuff of legends. Bottles, tankards, plates, and tables used by the drunken master are considered to have a 19-20/x3 critical profile.

Feel no Pain (Ex): Once a day, the drunken master can become so drunk that pain doesn't phase him in the least. For a number of rounds equal to the drunken master's constitution modifier plus the number of "doses" he has stored, the drunken master gains DR 10/- that stacks with damage reduction given by Drink like a Devil, and all damage he would take after the reduction is stored in a pool. When this effect ends, the drunken master takes all the damage in the pool. This damage is untyped and is unaffected by damage reduction.

Alternate class Features

Drunken Fist
You disdain the art of weapons, improvised or other, and instead focus on the art of fists and alcohol, letting them mix.
Level:1st
Replaces: If you select this alternative feature, you don't gain the Improvised Flurry, Improvised Proficiency, Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory, Improvised Fighting or any later improvements of these.
Benefits: You gain the flurry of blows and unarmed damage of a monk of your level as well as all of a monk proficiencies. You also gain Improved Unarmed Strike at level one.

Crashing Burn
Instead of shrugging off pain, you focus your body, burning alcohol as fuel, and make a dramatic display of power, coming to a blazing finale.
Level: 20
Replaces: If you select this alternative feature, you don't gain the Feel no Pain class ability.
Benefits: You may, once a day, burn half "doses" of alcohol in your body, igniting a Crashing Burn. You burn a "dose" of alcohol at the beginning of each round, but you gain the effects of the haste spell. At the start of the round in which you have no more "doses" left, you may make two full round attacks as a standard action, mimicking the Time Stand Still maneuver. After this round ends, the character's body friction ignites alcohol in his perspiration, causing him to explode into a ball of fire, lowering him immediately to -1.

Vile Halitosis
Instead of breathing fire, you instead can launch a blast of repulsive air at the target.
Level: 6th
Replaces: If you select this alternative feature, you don't gain the Breath of Fire class feature or any later improvements of it.
Benefits: You may burn 3 "dose" of alcohol once a day to release a 20ft.cone of putrid air, dealing 6d6 sonic damage. At level 12, you may use this ability for only 2 "doses", and the target must make a fortitude save or become sickened. At level 18, you may use this ability for only 1 "dose", and the target is nauseated on a failed save instead of sickened. (DC=10+1/2 Drunken Master Levels+Constitution Modifier)

Feats

Chug, Chug, Chug!
Your alcoholic obsession has become an asset.
Prerequisites: Drink like a Devil
Benefits: You may spend a full round action to down five drinks, effectively giving you five "doses"
Normal: You may only make a swift action to down one drink.

On the Rocks
Not only can you breath fire but, with ice, you can spit a storm of ice cold alcohol and ice shards.
Prerequisites: Breath of Fire
Benefits: You may choose to have your Breath of Fire ability deal either cold or slashing damage.
Normal: Breath of Fire deals fire damage.

Perma-buzzed
You never really seem completely sober... never.
Prerequisites: Swaying at the Waist
Benefits: You are always treated as drunk, with or without "doses".
Normal: You are only drunk when you have a positive number of
"doses".

Please evaluate and leave feedback!

FlamingKobold
2010-04-03, 01:09 AM
Afew questions:

1. What power level (tier) is this supposed to be? I haven't completely gone through it, but a precursory glance makes it look about tier 4.

2. Why did you make this? This isn't supposed to be sarcastic or anything, but what was the inspiration for turning a well known PrC into a base class?

3. What advantages does it have over thr PrC version, if any?

FishAreWet
2010-04-03, 01:22 AM
Breath of Fire is horribly poor damage. 2d20 at level 20 is just unusably low. Maybe 20d8 would make it worth it, especially only 5/day.

The power level here seems so low. I'd place it tier 5 tops. It just can't do anything.

Realms of Chaos
2010-04-03, 03:23 AM
Okay, I have a wierd opinion on classes like this so just here me out.

In my honest opinion, classes this unique don't need to be strong to see use. If you want to play as a drunken warrior, this guy fits the bill from level 1 and does so better than anything else in all of existance.
Even a drastically reflavored wizard can't pull off the role as well as this class does (again, in my personal opinion).

As long as there is some possible reason for someone to ever want to play this class as is, there is no reason to make it a super-strong tier 3 or even tier 4 class (unless the author wants the class to be more "popular", of course).

And yes, there are plenty of people out there who will use a statistically inferior class to pull off a character in their head a bit better. Many of them suffer from Stormwind fallacy but they're still out there. :smalltongue:

I for one would personally use this class to fight with the most rediculous of improvised weapons (killing people with soggy carrots, sewing needles, my own tooth, etc.) :smallbiggrin:

That said, some of these abilities do look a bit clunky. 5 uses per day on the fire breath would seem a bit odd but reasonable coming from a PrC but looks kind of wierd on a Base Class. I'd suggest either giving uses per encounter (1/encounter at 6th level, 2/encounter at 12th, and 3/encounter at 18th) or, if you prefer the older method of daily uses (which I am oddly fond of :smallconfused:), base it on the master's Constitution modifier (not including benefits from drink like a demon).
Also, the damage is a bit wierd. I can probably count the things that deal d20s of damage on my fingers and toes. If you don't like the above suggestion of 1d6 damage/level, at least consider a progression from 3d6 to 4d8 to 5d10 (or 4d8 to 5d10 to 6d12).

Also, consider changing improved improvise weapon so that it only deals the indicated damage if it would normally deal less (don't forget that heavy improvised weapons can deal tons of damage).

I suggest changing the Corkscrew rush to work off of your Con modifier rather than your Wis modifier unless you want drunkenness to hurt it (which goes against the class' theme).

Lastly, I think you intended the bonus granted by Swaying at the Waist to not decrease as your Dex bonus is lowered by drinking. This is not how the ability works as currently written.

Also, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the class...
1. Full BAB and 2 extra attacks are good. Not great, mind you, but pretty good as a base for a martial class not using tome of battle material.
2. You gain two good saves along with good hit points and decent skills make for a decently well-rounded class.
3. You lose nothing for taking armor proficiency as a feat and wearing armor other than evasion (you even keep your swaying at the waist ability). I'm not sure if this was intentional but it works.
4. The pump ability is fairly decent, usable more or less at will (and every round) even though it requires "equipment" to activate. The addition of DR helps it participate in combat for the first level or 2, also helping this guy out.
5. This guy is fairly awesome at charging. You charge at an opponent, making any number of turns and provoking no attacks of opportunity, gaining power attack and catching the enemy flat-footed to boot. To cap it off, you bull rush and possibly stun the enemy with a hit and can knock the foe down with a miss.

This guy suffers from the same lack of magical weapons and armor (which, as mentioned above, can be solved) that the monk has but not much else (oh, wait, poor will saves as well. Knew I was forgetting something). It isn't the best and isn't even necessarily good but this guy isn't terrible.

In this case, maybe that's enough. *shrugs*

Morth
2010-04-03, 11:44 AM
Breath of Fire is horribly poor damage. 2d20 at level 20 is just unusably low. Maybe 20d8 would make it worth it, especially only 5/day.

The power level here seems so low. I'd place it tier 5 tops. It just can't do anything.

Adjusted the fire breath to 6d6-6d12, and made it work off "doses", not per day.

Okay, I have a wierd opinion on classes like this so just here me out.

In my honest opinion, classes this unique don't need to be strong to see use. If you want to play as a drunken warrior, this guy fits the bill from level 1 and does so better than anything else in all of existance.
Even a drastically reflavored wizard can't pull off the role as well as this class does (again, in my personal opinion).

As long as there is some possible reason for someone to ever want to play this class as is, there is no reason to make it a super-strong tier 3 or even tier 4 class (unless the author wants the class to be more "popular", of course).

And yes, there are plenty of people out there who will use a statistically inferior class to pull off a character in their head a bit better. Many of them suffer from Stormwind fallacy but they're still out there. :smalltongue:

I for one would personally use this class to fight with the most rediculous of improvised weapons (killing people with soggy carrots, sewing needles, my own tooth, etc.) :smallbiggrin:

That said, some of these abilities do look a bit clunky. 5 uses per day on the fire breath would seem a bit odd but reasonable coming from a PrC but looks kind of wierd on a Base Class. I'd suggest either giving uses per encounter (1/encounter at 6th level, 2/encounter at 12th, and 3/encounter at 18th) or, if you prefer the older method of daily uses (which I am oddly fond of :smallconfused:), base it on the master's Constitution modifier (not including benefits from drink like a demon).
Also, the damage is a bit wierd. I can probably count the things that deal d20s of damage on my fingers and toes. If you don't like the above suggestion of 1d6 damage/level, at least consider a progression from 3d6 to 4d8 to 5d10 (or 4d8 to 5d10 to 6d12).

Also, consider changing improved improvise weapon so that it only deals the indicated damage if it would normally deal less (don't forget that heavy improvised weapons can deal tons of damage).

I suggest changing the Corkscrew rush to work off of your Con modifier rather than your Wis modifier unless you want drunkenness to hurt it (which goes against the class' theme).

Lastly, I think you intended the bonus granted by Swaying at the Waist to not decrease as your Dex bonus is lowered by drinking. This is not how the ability works as currently written.

Also, I don't see anything particularly wrong with the class...
1. Full BAB and 2 extra attacks are good. Not great, mind you, but pretty good as a base for a martial class not using tome of battle material.
2. You gain two good saves along with good hit points and decent skills make for a decently well-rounded class.
3. You lose nothing for taking armor proficiency as a feat and wearing armor other than evasion (you even keep your swaying at the waist ability). I'm not sure if this was intentional but it works.
4. The pump ability is fairly decent, usable more or less at will (and every round) even though it requires "equipment" to activate. The addition of DR helps it participate in combat for the first level or 2, also helping this guy out.
5. This guy is fairly awesome at charging. You charge at an opponent, making any number of turns and provoking no attacks of opportunity, gaining power attack and catching the enemy flat-footed to boot. To cap it off, you bull rush and possibly stun the enemy with a hit and can knock the foe down with a miss.

This guy suffers from the same lack of magical weapons and armor (which, as mentioned above, can be solved) that the monk has but not much else (oh, wait, poor will saves as well. Knew I was forgetting something). It isn't the best and isn't even necessarily good but this guy isn't terrible.

In this case, maybe that's enough. *shrugs*

I changed swaying, but because of Drink like a Devil, it freezes the AC bonuses granted as soon as you start, so you wouldn't lose it for being progressively drunker. Corkscrew now has a basic DC formula and works off Con. Any other suggestions?

Morth
2010-04-03, 02:47 PM
Afew questions:

1. What power level (tier) is this supposed to be? I haven't completely gone through it, but a precursory glance makes it look about tier 4.

2. Why did you make this? This isn't supposed to be sarcastic or anything, but what was the inspiration for turning a well known PrC into a base class?

3. What advantages does it have over thr PrC version, if any?

1. I don't try and familiarize myself with power levels. It's just a class that I think would be fun to use.

2. The problem I find with the prestige class is that it could be better, and the abilities don't mesh too well with being a monk, let alone a drunkard seems more chaotic then lawful.

3. No need for Wisdom, more abilities, and better improvised fighting.

Realms of Chaos
2010-04-03, 04:29 PM
The one last change I would make (and this is just a matter of personal preference) would be taking out the bit about throwing plates and giving this guy the throw anything feat (from complete warrior) at 1st level.

Proficiency with improvised weapons + Throwing all weapons with which you possess proficiency = throwing tables, coat racks, wine casks, halflings, etc.

In other words. A bunch of fun that seems to be right up this guy's alley. :smallwink:

Morth
2010-04-03, 08:29 PM
The one last change I would make (and this is just a matter of personal preference) would be taking out the bit about throwing plates and giving this guy the throw anything feat (from complete warrior) at 1st level.

Proficiency with improvised weapons + Throwing all weapons with which you possess proficiency = throwing tables, coat racks, wine casks, halflings, etc.

In other words. A bunch of fun that seems to be right up this guy's alley. :smallwink:

The idea was more so that he could Frisbee them for farther range, maybe give x2 range with plates or such.

wadledo
2010-04-03, 08:44 PM
The idea was more so that he could Frisbee them for farther range, maybe give x2 range with plates or such.

Why would this prevent him from, say, knowing how to bowl a keg?
Or throw a stool underhand?
Or fastball a gnome?:smallconfused:

deuxhero
2010-04-03, 09:10 PM
Swap great fortitude and weapon focus:tavern armory so a drunken master can take Poison Healer (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060605a&page=3) as their 3rd level feat.

Morth
2010-04-03, 09:58 PM
Swap great fortitude and weapon focus:tavern armory so a drunken master can take Poison Healer (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060605a&page=3) as their 3rd level feat.

Weapon Focus: Tavern Armory comes at 3 because its 3 and every 4 levels afterwords. Actually, maybe just move Greater Fortitude down to level 3... No need to move the Focus at all.

Lix Lorn
2010-04-04, 07:28 PM
Hilarious. XD I know that much.

Godskook
2010-04-05, 09:57 PM
Some thoughts on your Breath of Fire class feature:
-It is embarrassing how much better Vile Halitosis is than Breath of Fire. Reducing multiple opponents to a single move action is far more powerful than increasing 6d6 damage to 6d12.
-Call it a 'breath weapon', so that it has access to existing feats that improve breath weapons, such as Entangling Exhalation.
-If you give it a recharge time, you'll give it access to Metabreath feats, another great bonus to the feature. This one, however, is more optional and subjective to what you want to do with the class feature.
-The range is really, really bad, imho. Give it something like 5ft per level in a line, half that in a cone, which at low levels will be similar to what you've already got, but by L20, will be comparable to other breath weapons available.(You don't need to make both cone and line available, just giving the numbers for both).
-The damage progresses very weirdly. 6d6 at 6th level is quite powerful. 6d12 at 18th with no support(like having access to breath weapon feats) isn't. To compare, 6d6 is twice as much as a DFA or Dragon Shaman get at 6th level. At 18th, a DFA can do 45d6 every other round, and has invocations to shore up the 'dead' round, but still, 20d6+ per round, which is quite a bit more than 6d12, or even 12d6(which has the same max, but better average). A 18th level Dragon Shaman isn't as good, but he has access to metabreath feats, and gets double benefits from going dragonborn, so he's walking around with a 10d6 base breath weapon that can potentially nuke very, very well. (Maximize breath, Clinging Breath, Lingering Breath make for quite a powerful blast) A dragonborn version can do this twice. I suggest giving him 1d6 per two levels, either at odd or even levels, perhaps a bit larger if you choose not to give him as much support as a DFA or D-Shaman has for their weapons.
-The alternate damage types would be better served as class features, not ACFs or Feats.
-Keep in mind, that with a 'doses' requirement, this guy's breath weapon requires a swift action, a standard action, and a loss of other class features(due to a loss in doses).

Morth
2010-04-06, 08:12 AM
Some thoughts on your Breath of Fire class feature:
-It is embarrassing how much better Vile Halitosis is than Breath of Fire. Reducing multiple opponents to a single move action is far more powerful than increasing 6d6 damage to 6d12.
-Call it a 'breath weapon', so that it has access to existing feats that improve breath weapons, such as Entangling Exhalation.
-If you give it a recharge time, you'll give it access to Metabreath feats, another great bonus to the feature. This one, however, is more optional and subjective to what you want to do with the class feature.
-The range is really, really bad, imho. Give it something like 5ft per level in a line, half that in a cone, which at low levels will be similar to what you've already got, but by L20, will be comparable to other breath weapons available.(You don't need to make both cone and line available, just giving the numbers for both).
-The damage progresses very weirdly. 6d6 at 6th level is quite powerful. 6d12 at 18th with no support(like having access to breath weapon feats) isn't. To compare, 6d6 is twice as much as a DFA or Dragon Shaman get at 6th level. At 18th, a DFA can do 45d6 every other round, and has invocations to shore up the 'dead' round, but still, 20d6+ per round, which is quite a bit more than 6d12, or even 12d6(which has the same max, but better average). A 18th level Dragon Shaman isn't as good, but he has access to metabreath feats, and gets double benefits from going dragonborn, so he's walking around with a 10d6 base breath weapon that can potentially nuke very, very well. (Maximize breath, Clinging Breath, Lingering Breath make for quite a powerful blast) A dragonborn version can do this twice. I suggest giving him 1d6 per two levels, either at odd or even levels, perhaps a bit larger if you choose not to give him as much support as a DFA or D-Shaman has for their weapons.
-The alternate damage types would be better served as class features, not ACFs or Feats.
-Keep in mind, that with a 'doses' requirement, this guy's breath weapon requires a swift action, a standard action, and a loss of other class features(due to a loss in doses).

Better? Y/N?

Godskook
2010-04-06, 03:18 PM
Better? Y/N?

What'd you change? Far as I can see, all you did was up the dice of damage at the improvement levels, without addressing the other points.

Why do you want an non-standard damage die on Breath of Fire? Admittedly, 15d12 is decent

Looking over Drink like a Demon, why are you limiting use only to combat? That seems needlessly annoying, and down-right crippling in certain situations, like where you're fighting in nearly consecutive battles, where battles are separated by just enough distance to deactivate the bonuses, leaving a very drunk Drunken Master who is very unable to use some of his class features. Unless he, of course, breaths it all out as fire.

Medicinal Use needs a per-day limit on it to prevent it from being a source of infinite self-healing.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-04-06, 08:41 PM
Lol, your class is awesome but I still think it's better suited as a PC. :smallwink:

Realms of Chaos
2010-04-07, 06:45 AM
I'm assuming that Josha means PrC (Prestige Class) rather than PC (Player Character). If so, be aware that the Drunken Master was already a PrC that Morth here turned into a normal base class for fun.

Morth
2010-04-07, 03:12 PM
What'd you change? Far as I can see, all you did was up the dice of damage at the improvement levels, without addressing the other points.

Why do you want an non-standard damage die on Breath of Fire? Admittedly, 15d12 is decent

Looking over Drink like a Demon, why are you limiting use only to combat? That seems needlessly annoying, and down-right crippling in certain situations, like where you're fighting in nearly consecutive battles, where battles are separated by just enough distance to deactivate the bonuses, leaving a very drunk Drunken Master who is very unable to use some of his class features. Unless he, of course, breaths it all out as fire.

Medicinal Use needs a per-day limit on it to prevent it from being a source of infinite self-healing.

I will look into the Medicinal Use problem, but I left Drink like a Demon unchanged, save adding DR /-. Maybe make the range 10ft. per 3 levels with Breath of Fire?