PDA

View Full Version : Planetside Trial?

Riva
2010-04-02, 07:38 PM
Hello there all. I've come here to see if anyone still plays Planetside and furthermore if they might know how to get a free trial? My station name is zarchan12 if you can send me a trail that would be great, as I've got a hankering to give it a whirl again.

You see, I played it for a while a few years ago and enjoyed myself pretty well. Its a cute game, if only for a weekend or so. Running around bases, shooting other people, not really knowing what you are doing but doing it to the best of your ability. Its a pretty accurate war simulator in my case.

Anyone have any good stories they would like to relate, or note any good MMOFPS with trials?

KBF
2010-04-02, 07:57 PM
Planetside was the most fun MMO I had the privilege of trying. It was awhile ago though, so I don't remember much.

Sorry, I think they shut down the free trial program awhile ago. They had a free day a couple of months back, but it doesn't look like they're going to do that again. There's talk of a 14 day trial being indirectly offered on the station launcher itself.

Riva
2010-04-02, 08:22 PM
Ach, weel, that bites in an unpleasant fashion.

Anyone know of a good substitute? I'm looking for free trials, I'm in college but I don't have much homework at the moment, and the nostalgia tick left me little reminders of frenetic firefights with real people(and a mostly unnoticeable rash)

KBF
2010-04-02, 08:46 PM
Ach, weel, that bites in an unpleasant fashion.

Anyone know of a good substitute? I'm looking for free trials, I'm in college but I don't have much homework at the moment, and the nostalgia tick left me little reminders of frenetic firefights with real people(and a mostly unnoticeable rash)

You know, MMO isn't the only genre. It sounds like you want an FPS. Specifically, you want to grab the Orange Box and play with us over on the Steam thread.

In any case, I'd check Global Agenda I guess? They're offering what looks to be a free trial up to level 15 without time limits.

Riva
2010-04-02, 08:48 PM
I'd be on that like white on rice, except I'm also broke! But if you want to PM me the pertinent information, I'll have to drop by when I can manage that.

Thanks for the response =D

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-04-03, 07:38 AM
Planetside. Ah, good times, good times. It's kinda dead these days though, I hear. I found that Team Fortress 2 is a decent-ish substitute.

But you'll still miss flying in a bomber, dropping high-yield explosives on unsuspecting massed infantry while your pilot tries to dodge AA fire and keep steady enough for the tail gunner to deal with those Mossies on your 6.

Damn, I miss that game :smallfrown: