PDA

View Full Version : Colors! [3.5]

Temotei
2010-04-03, 12:20 AM
Right. I'm drawing a huge blank right now. I need some non-offensive effects associated with the colors of the rainbow. I'm going for a power range of about 4th- to 6th-level spells.

{table=head]Color|Effects
Red|Rage, control flames
Orange|Pyrotechnics or other flame effect
Yellow|Lightning ring, [Holy], light
Green|Plant growth, tree stride, transport via plants, command plants, earth/plant stuff
Blue|Create water, destroy water, otiluke's freezing sphere
Indigo|Mind effects, royalty-related
Violet|"Buffed" prestidigitation, scintillating pattern[/table]

I'll keep trying to think on it, but I can't come up with anything in that range I want.

Zexion
2010-04-03, 12:26 AM
Right. I'm drawing a huge blank right now. I need some non-offensive effects associated with the colors of the rainbow. I'm going for a power range of about 4th- to 6th-level spells.

Red|
Orange|
Yellow|
Green|
Blue|
Indigo|
Violet|[/table]

I'll keep trying to think on it, but I can't come up with anything in that range I want.

Blue could be as create water/destroy water/otikuluke's freezing sphere. Violet could be a buffed-up version of prestidigitation.

BobVosh
2010-04-03, 12:29 AM
Do you want them to be related to the prismatic X?
Control flames for red, and that is all I got. A little more background on what you want to do with them may help.

arguskos
2010-04-03, 12:31 AM

Red|
Orange|
Yellow|
Green|
Blue|Create water, destroy water, otiluke's freezing sphere
Indigo|
Violet|"Buffed" prestidigitation[/table]

Red could easily be a rage effect (color of passion and fury).
Orange could be a flames effect, like pyrotechnics.
Yellow needs to be something about lightning, perhaps defensive lightning effects, like lightning ring.
Green needs to be earthy, plant growth, stuff like that.
Indigo I am blanked on.

Eldrys
2010-04-03, 12:32 AM
Green could be Tree Stride, Transport Via Plants, or maybe Command Plants

Temotei
2010-04-03, 12:32 AM
Do you want them to be related to the prismatic X?
Control flames for red, and that is all I got. A little more background on what you want to do with them may help.

It doesn't matter what the effects do, as long as they don't have an extremely offensive bent (more utility is what I'm looking for). Therefore, a lot of the prismatic spell effects are out because of their offensive nature.

I'm...making a homebrew. This is a very small part of it. It's just so I can get some input on what to do with these colors. I was blanking out and really wanted some ideas, so I'm asking for effects associated with them.

The effects could be homebrew, even, but I don't expect anyone to do that. :smallcool:

arguskos
2010-04-03, 12:35 AM
I'm...making a homebrew. This is a very small part of it.
*smacks* Dude, you have a Blade Lord to be reviewing dammit. :smalltongue: Make brew later, review the Lord of Projectiles now.

Temotei
2010-04-03, 12:37 AM
*smacks* Dude, you have a Blade Lord to be reviewing dammit. :smalltongue: Make brew later, review the Lord of Projectiles now.

I saw it for some...two minutes. :smallamused:

I've been working on this homebrew for a while now. It's fairly extensive, so I don't expect to post it for some time. This is only for one very, very small part.

Really, really, very, very small part. :smalltongue: But important nonetheless.

Jack of Spades
2010-04-03, 12:39 AM
[Holy] anything for yellow could work. On the same page, Light

Plant growth, animate plants, control plants, ad nauseum for green.

Prismatic wall/spray uses acid for orange, and insanity for indigo, so.... Scintillating pattern for indigo?

EDIT: Or, insanity. :smallredface:

EDIT THE SECOND: Don't feel like spamming, so:

Also, I am foreseeing a color-based base class. Which would be awesome.
Or possibly a CRAZY race. But agreed on the awesome.

arguskos
2010-04-03, 12:39 AM
I saw it for some...two minutes. :smallamused:

I've been working on this homebrew for a while now. It's fairly extensive, so I don't expect to post it for some time. This is only for one very, very small part.

Really, really, very, very small part. :smalltongue: But important nonetheless.
TWO MINUTES?! Did you know that I make Ephemeral Projection JUST FOR YOU?? :smallfrown: I'm... I'm devastated... *cries*

Temotei
2010-04-03, 12:43 AM
TWO MINUTES?! Did you know that I make Ephemeral Projection JUST FOR YOU?? :smallfrown: I'm... I'm devastated... *cries*

Ho ho! I have a color-based class in my head, but that's not the extensive project. :smallcool:

Yeah, I read through the introduction and stat block, then I started on ephemeral projection, but it was Dad's birthday fifty-nine minutes ago (an hour and fifty-nine where he lives), so I had to call him. I feel like a girl* because I was on the phone for three and a half hours.

*No offense to girls. Not all girls talk on the phone for hours straight. In my experience, girls are the most likely to do so though.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-03, 12:44 AM
indigo= royalty, so charm, detect thoughts, glibness, dominate person.

Zexion
2010-04-03, 11:55 AM
indigo= royalty, so charm, detect thoughts, glibness, dominate person.
Perhaps indigo = mind, so focus effects like true strike and such.

Temotei
2010-04-03, 04:06 PM
List updated. This really helps. :smallbiggrin:

Zexion
2010-04-03, 05:49 PM
Perhaps we should work out what Buffed Prestidigitation means?

Temotei
2010-04-25, 08:44 PM
Perhaps we should work out what Buffed Prestidigitation means?

Dang. I missed this post. My bad.

Yes, let's. :smallcool:

DUSUCK
2010-04-25, 09:17 PM
I believe buffed prestidigitation is something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd07uvkTeKo

Temotei
2010-04-25, 10:19 PM
I believe buffed prestidigitation is something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd07uvkTeKo

I miss 'Laddin.