PDA

View Full Version : April fools that would have been awesome- if done.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-03, 06:11 AM
As far as I'm aware, the staff in the playground didn't have time for any April Fools pranks this year, so I'm asking the question, what awesome pranks could they have pulled on us had they had the time and been so inclined?

My suggestions are as follows:
1- All staff are suddenly "The Giant" for the duration of April 1st.

2- A warning to watch out for advertising bots, then change everyone's user title to "bot in the playground" for the day.

Capt Spanner
2010-04-03, 09:26 AM
Would be amusing to try to implement, but that would involve hacking forum code to allow multiple users with the same display name. Given that we're using 3rd party software to run the forum (phpBB, if I'm not mistaken) it would probably be far too difficult to be worth it.

Changing all links to point to a popular humour clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw), on the other hand, would be excellent.

Jack Squat
2010-04-03, 09:27 PM
It's actually vBulletin.

Rigging the filter to replace common words with humorous phrases or images would be pretty good. So would putting up a false display message saying the forums were taken down due to too much traffic.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-03, 09:34 PM
A comic update of something not at all related to OOtS.

Everybody becomes TheGiant for a day.

Everybody's avatar is a Peep.

absolmorph
2010-04-03, 10:33 PM
A comic update of something not at all related to OOtS.

Everybody becomes TheGiant for a day.

Everybody's avatar is a Peep.
Questionable Content for April 1 was of Magical Love Gentleman, an anime from the comic.
It was AWESOME.
The first or third would have been hilarious for this site.