PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Shadowpounce+Pounce+Battle Jump=Win?

strider24seven
2010-04-03, 08:07 AM
Will this work:

Assuming that you threaten all squares in your reach, even those above/below you, and

Assuming that you're a Shadowpouncer with Battle Jump and Pounce (and the 2 token levels in Swordsage for Shadow Jaunt/Stride/Blink),

If you teleport 5 feet above a medium enemy, shadowpounce for a full attack, fall (free action) onto your enemy to initiate a charge using Battle Jump, and get a full attack, can you do this again in the same round?

Can this be seriously abused with additional shenanigans like Sun School, Snap Kick, and Flurry of Blows?

i.e., Your Turn:
Standard: Shadow Jaunt 5' above Enemy A
Sun School Single Attack+Snap Kick
Shadowpounce Full Attack+Flurry+Snap Kick

Free: Fall onto your enemy, activating Battle Jump
Full attack+Flurry+Snap Kick treated as a charge

Move Shadow Jaunt 5' above Enemy B

Swift: Shadow Blink 5' above Enemy C

If you have a BAB of 16 or more, do you get 42 attacks in one round, without AoO's or extra natural attacks?

If you can't "charge" with Battle Jump more than once per round, can you still use its other abilities (the grapple/trip)?

Last Laugh
2010-04-03, 09:28 AM
I do not know where Shadowpounce and Battle Jump are from, care to enlighten me?

Eldariel
2010-04-03, 09:39 AM
I do not know where Shadowpounce and Battle Jump are from, care to enlighten me?

Shadow Pounce is on a couple of classes, Telflammar Shadow Lord from Unapproachable East and Crinti Shadow Marauder from Shining South. Battle Jump is Unapproachable East. To OP, I think Battle Jump still requires attack action as per normal. You could combine it with couple of Shadow Pounces tho.

strider24seven
2010-04-03, 10:04 AM
To OP, I think Battle Jump still requires attack action as per normal. You could combine it with couple of Shadow Pounces tho.

So, the hypothetical turn would look more like this, then:
Standard: Shadow Stride next to Enemy

Move Shadow Jaunt next to Enemy

Swift: Shadow Blink 5' above Enemy

Not bad. Can Battle Jump be combined with Leap Attack and Shadowpounce? I might be stretching reality a bit here (but we're shadowpouncing, so who cares), but:

Initiate a charge, jumping to activate leap attack in the process. Then Shadow Jaunt/Blink 5' above the enemy, activating Sun School+Shadowpounce. With Snap Kicks on each. Then, fall onto the enemy, activating Battle Jump. Double Damage+Triple PA Damage is pretty obscene on 10+ attacks. Valorous Weapon(s) makes this pretty profane. Shock Trooper makes this really offensive.

Does Leap Attack apply in this situation? If so, does it apply to the Shadowpounce or Sun School hits? Or just to the Battle Jump/Charge? Or just to the first attack of the charge (since every charger worth his salt has Pounce)?

true_shinken
2010-04-03, 10:15 AM
Battle Jump is Taer-only, though. People tend to forget that.

Eldariel
2010-04-03, 10:21 AM
Battle Jump is Taer-only, though. People tend to forget that.

Meh, who cares about the regional limitations? The feats are fun, no reason to spoil them with bad rules. Besides, 3.5 did away the easy means of acquiring them (2 ranks in appropriate Knowledge: Local) so removing the limitation for taking them just makes sense.

true_shinken
2010-04-03, 12:10 PM
Meh, who cares about the regional limitations? The feats are fun, no reason to spoil them with bad rules. Besides, 3.5 did away the easy means of acquiring them (2 ranks in appropriate Knowledge: Local) so removing the limitation for taking them just makes sense.
I'd agree if it was used to make an interesting concept or the like, but for powergaming only purposes this is simply bending the rules in your purpose to gain extra benefit. And that I disaprove and wouldn't allow as a GM.

strider24seven
2010-04-03, 05:28 PM
The fluff could actually work. A Taerian learns to jump people, and travels to Telflamm. He attracts the attention of the Shadowlords, and joins their number. Bazam, a Taerian Shadowlord.

Besides, I actually liked the 2 ranks in Knowledge (local) thing.

true_shinken
2010-04-03, 07:10 PM
The fluff could actually work. A Taerian learns to jump people, and travels to Telflamm. He attracts the attention of the Shadowlords, and joins their number. Bazam, a Taerian Shadowlord.

Besides, I actually liked the 2 ranks in Knowledge (local) thing.
That would be acceptable. You'd just have to cope with taer's level adjustment and hit dice, though.