PDA

View Full Version : An island out of Nowhere IC

Yucca
2010-04-03, 12:10 PM
The boat wasn't big, and most of it was usually for cargo. Not this trip. With the appearance of the island, every ship was taking on passengers. The party paid for the privileged of being the only passengers on captain Horin's ship. They, the captain, 7 crew members and a few tons of cargo left port within a few days of the news arriving in the city.

The (somewhat ugly) ship lumbered out of port on what was expected to day a 4 day trip to the island chain, assuming the wind held. That was yesterday morning.

Alth Falath
2010-04-03, 01:10 PM
Densharr keeps an eye out for what's going on around the ship, but is otherwise relaxing.
[roll0]

Zerkai
2010-04-03, 07:14 PM
Nola lay on top of a crate that was tied and fastened down in one of the lower decks of the ship. The white-furred catfolk had her eyes closed, curled up and seemingly asleep on the crate

Keld Denar
2010-04-03, 11:24 PM
Clothilde

Clotty spends most of the first couple days batting bashful eyelashes at any of the burlier sailors, scrounging within herself to summon up the courage to hit on them. About midday of the 2nd day, she finally screws up the courage to challenge one to a wrestling match, thinking that that will win his affection. After nearly breaking his arm, the captain yells at her to stop disrupting his crew. Clotty retires to her hammock to sulk dejectedly for the rest of the trip. Nobody wants to wrestle with me...

appending_doom
2010-04-04, 08:15 AM
Tikara spends a lot of the time balancing precariously on railings, stacks of cargo, and the like, watching the sailors go about their business. He seems quite excited about the trip, which his compatriots is mostly due to the fact that anything Tikara can stick his nose into excites him, regardless of the chances of it getting him killed.

He's already shown remarkable restraint not breaking into the ship's cargo.

When he catches Clotty grumbling, he winks at her. "I'd happily wrestle with you, if you don't mind spending the rest of the day laid out on the deck," he says. It's true that while he'd happily spar, his time as a gladiator means he puts more stock in winning than in fun, and would probably end up bringing out the poison -- non-lethal, of course, but something of a nuisance to deal with while actually out on a mission.

Yucca
2010-04-04, 04:09 PM
A half-elven woman, introduced to you as Sara, the first mate, glares at you all harshly as she puts the crewman's arm in a sling. "It's not broken, thank Sashelas for that," she says "but if you want to get there safely, you might want to stop attacking the crew."

Dusk comes and the crew and party gathers in the stern cabin for the evening meal. "Nothing 'mportant from the mainland today," the captain says. "and if'n the winds keep this up, we'll be right on schedule to get there in 'nother 2 days. It's the darnedest thing, an island popping outta nowhere like this. Big fuss."

Keld Denar
2010-04-04, 04:20 PM
Clothilde

How does the weather look? An island appearing out of nowhere is often due to to magic, and powerful magic often impacts the environment around it.

Zerkai
2010-04-04, 04:54 PM
Nola

"Wonder what we'll find... there's probably people on it. Someone or something had to have made it appear." Nola wondered as she ate her dinner. She noticed one the of the crewman with an injured arm, glancing at Clothilda knowingly

Alth Falath
2010-04-04, 08:01 PM
Densharr
Densharr sighs at the broken arm. Yet another casualty of strong passion and weak control. He leans over to her. "Do try to keep the competitions to those who can keep up. One hand isn't enough for sailing," he says

Yucca
2010-04-04, 08:27 PM
Captain Horin breaks into a wide grin. "Now, now. Clothilda doesn't get all the blame for the injury. Amir should have been able to see how one sided the fight was going to go. He agreed to it, just as well. Nothing's broken and a little wounded pride might make Amir think twice about wrestling girls who have two feet and ..." the captain had talked himself into a corner, he cleared his throat embarrassedly, "a few pounds on him. 'E'll be fine in a few days, won't he Sara?" She mumbled an agreement, not sharing the captain's jovialiaty.
"And to the weather," he continued, "Tomorrow should be clear enough, but you're right about the magic. The legends say that when the great 'izard Coll-yor raised and erupted that volcano, it snowed for three months after."

Keld Denar
2010-04-04, 08:30 PM
Clothilde

Clotty looks around bewildered at her compatriots and shrugs. Its not her fault that the sailor was too frail. Men...*sigh*

Alth Falath
2010-04-05, 12:57 AM
Densharr
Densharr grins. "Snow would be an interesting change of pace. "

Yucca
2010-04-05, 07:33 PM
Heh, heh... Snow maybe, but large chunks of floating ice that sometimes come with it? Interesting might be one way to put it.

The meal was over and conversation was dwindling. The crew swiftly cleared the table and broke it down into stowable pieces. Hammocks were hung around the small cabin. Twilight had run out during the meal and the crew had uncovered a pair of everburning torches, so the cabin was well lit.

"Amir, Talyn, and Geoff have first watch tonight. You guys can post a watch too, if ya want. Just don't get in their way. Or hurt them."

The three sailors leave out onto the deck, and the two who were out there during the meal come in. They sit on the barrels and quickly eat their meal. The crew hung enough hammocks for all of you to sleep. They cover the torches and the room drops into darkness.

Alth Falath
2010-04-05, 08:31 PM
Densharr
Densharr jumps into a bed and is asleep almost instantly

Keld Denar
2010-04-05, 10:31 PM
Clothilde

Still unable to fit in her hammock, Clotty rolls hers up and uses it as a pillow to sleep on the floor.

Zerkai
2010-04-06, 06:19 AM
Nola

Nola decided to stay awake and keep watch while the others sleep. The catflk sat on the floor on the bow, holding her longbow in hand.

appending_doom
2010-04-06, 06:37 AM
Tikara takes immediately to bed -- one of the hazards of being a spellcaster, he always explains, although it's equally likely he's simply lazy when it comes to assigned duties.

jojolagger
2010-04-06, 09:47 AM
Having set-up his backpack on the mast of the ship, Darcast will watch the decks by looking through the back pack. He will be using mage hand to levitate the rock of eternal flame to act a light for where ever he is viewing.
Pack has be stuck to the mast with wand of stick, the pack is invisible(apparently not), and has the tent set up in it for when needed
EDIT: Only about 15 ft. up the mast

Yucca
2010-04-07, 06:52 PM
An hour passes. Then another. The wind is steady but weak. The moon is dim. The stars are crisp.

A glass bottle falls. Aimed as if by some unseen hand, it strikes the mast near the top. Bright flames leap into existence and rain down onto the rigging and sails. Even the heavily tarred wood begins to smolder. Ephemeral drops of liquid fire rain down to the deck.

For everyone:
I need everyone to roll initiative, and I need the Nola and Darcast to roll spot.

Keld Denar
2010-04-07, 07:41 PM
Clothilde

Init

Init = 9, see OOC thread for roll

jojolagger
2010-04-08, 06:29 AM
Darcast
"Everyone Wake-up, The ship is on fire!"

Spot [roll0]
INIT [roll1]
Will exit pack, Grabbing the pack so he has it with him, Moving to grab his light source while moving it toward him

Zerkai
2010-04-08, 06:31 AM
Nola

Nola stared up at the fire starting on the sails and rigging with shock, taking a look around before she started shouting to alert everyone "Fire! There's a fire! The sails are aflame, wake up!" she shouted along with Darcast

Initiative: [roll0]
Spot Check: [roll1]

appending_doom
2010-04-08, 07:15 AM
Tikara

Tikara rouses slowly at the beginning of the attack.

[roll0]

Alth Falath
2010-04-08, 09:13 AM
Densharr
Densharr wakes up and jumps out of bed.

[roll0] Initiative

Yucca
2010-04-09, 10:24 AM
Both Nola and Darcast were quick enough to try to trace the falling bottle back upwards. As far as they can tell, it came from a point about 50ft off the deck/sea level, and a little to the port side.

Although it's too dark to see clearly, they do see a glint of something up there. Like the firelight is reflecting.

Nola and Darcast get to act in the surprise round. Darcast and Nola can act, 1std action each. Then we'll switch to a party initiative system.

jojolagger
2010-04-11, 09:57 AM
"Let's see Who did this."
As a flame darts toward where the disturbance appears to have been.
Holding the everburning Rock, Darcast fly's toward where whoever did this was. low-light vision and light source mean If I get withing 40 ft. of them they can't hide

Zerkai
2010-04-12, 08:01 AM
Nola

The catfolk keeps an eye out as she pulls out her longbow, taking a look to round to try and find something to put the fires out with.

Sorry about the wait, delays and stuff involving a Jurors summons. Also feeling a bit awkward cause I'm not sure what my character could do, aside form flailing her hands and running around

Yucca
2010-04-12, 04:46 PM
As Nola stomps out the drops of fire that made their way down to the deck, Darcast flies up and towards where he saw the bottle come from.

Quickly a man comes into view. Wearing a black cloak and dressed in slick dark-grey leathers hovers off the port side of the boat. Seeing Darcast fly towards him, he reaches out his hand. Loud arcane syllables and violent gestures bring forth a blast of energy from his fingers.

The bolt of energy flies towards Darcast, missing him. It splashes harmlessly into the water below.

"Surrender your boat and escape with your lives!" He shouts in common.

Keld Denar
2010-04-12, 05:47 PM
Clothilde

Standing up from the ground (move), Clotty manifests Hustle(Swift) linked with Expansion for a total of 4 PP. 15 PP remaining. She then takes her Hustle action to move over to the door and opens the door and peer out(Standard).

Alth Falath
2010-04-12, 08:59 PM
Densharr

Densharr fires off a trio of shots at the mage

Using Rapid Shot
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

[roll4] Attack
[roll5] Damage

jojolagger
2010-04-13, 06:24 AM
Darcast
"Actually I think I'll take your life."
How does he see me, I'm invisible?
Scorching ray on him [roll0]
damage [roll]4d6+7[/roll
After attack move 10 ft. to the left

Alth Falath
2010-04-13, 07:01 PM
Densharr rolls out of bed and grabs his bow.

Zerkai
2010-04-14, 05:07 AM
Nola

Nola stomped out some drops of fire that hit the deck, stopping though as she saw the bolt of Arcane energy shoot into the sky when it missed her adventuring companion. She rushed over to the port side, seeing the attacker, she readied her bow. The tall Catfolk drew an arrow form her quiver, setting it in the shelf of the longbow, drawing it back and letting it fly at the cloaked man.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+4
Total Damage: 17

appending_doom
2010-04-14, 06:15 AM
Tikara

Tikara stands, drawing one of his bolas as he makes his way to the main deck.

Yucca
2010-04-14, 10:39 PM
The man in grey leather is caught off guard by Nola's arrow; it bites into him. Darcast's rays of fire go wide by a considerable amount, but the man turns and flees further to the port side, out over the open ocean. As he leaves the light, the party members loose sight of him again.

The three crew members on watch at the time quickly run towards a cabinet near the stern cabin door. They open it, revealing a rack of crossbows and quivers. They begin to arm themselves. You see Sara open the door to the bow cabin, and the crew members in the stern cabin get to their feet and likewise begin to arm themselves.

The alchemical fire on the sail fails to catch any strong hold and the liquid burns itself out. The sails are singed, still completely functional.

Party can take another round.

Keld Denar
2010-04-15, 01:08 AM
Clothilde

Clotty moves quickly toward the port rail, her size doubling as she moves, pulling her sling as she goes. Reaching the edge, she stares out in to the darkness, scanning for the assailant.

Can Clotty still see the man with her darkvision 60'? If so, sling attack:
[roll0] [roll1]

Alth Falath
2010-04-15, 02:03 AM
Densharr
Densharr moves outside, keeping an eye out for whatever caused the fire.

Zerkai
2010-04-15, 02:23 PM
Nola

Being no longer able to see the cloaked man that had attacked, she rushed over to the other side of the boat in case someone else was laying in wait

jojolagger
2010-04-17, 10:29 AM
Darcast
You see the flame dart toward where the man flew off to, Darcast appearing with arcane energy at his fingertips as he moves, as his invisibility has proven ineffective.
Move after him until I run out of movement or he's within 10 ft.
Attack if I can see him
Scorching ray

[roll4d6+7

appending_doom
2010-04-18, 05:41 PM
Tikara

Tikara scowls at the sight, and makes a negligent gesture with his hand, causing a bright trio of lights to appear 100 feet away from the port side of the boat, marking a line parallel to the boat's side.

Cast dancing lights.

Yucca
2010-04-18, 06:41 PM
As Clotty and Darcast stand ready to attack, Tikara lights up another section of the sky. The new lights fail to show any sign on the man. Nola sees no one trying to make their way on board and Densharr doesn't see anyplace the fire had caught hold.

By this time four of the crew had armed themselves, three are making their way to the bow and one is climbing the ladder to the sterncastle. Sara is barking orders to the crew. "Eyes open," she shouts over the noise. "He's got a boat out there somewhere. Maybe we scared him off, maybe they're coming around to board. We need to see them!

Captain Horin emerges from the stern cabin drawing a throwing knife as he does. He scans the sky briefly, then peers over the rails.

Party should take another turn

Alth Falath
2010-04-18, 08:01 PM
Densharr
Densharr moves up to the deck and looks around, preparing to fire if the mage reappears
Readying action to fire if the mage reappears

Keld Denar
2010-04-18, 09:45 PM
Clothilde

Clotty moves to the edge of the deck on the port side and looks out for a target.

jojolagger
2010-04-21, 04:56 AM
Darcast
I'll keep an eye out up here.
still readied attack, remember I have low-light vision so I can see 40 ft. bright illumination and 80 ft. with shadowy illumination, plus Moonlight lets me see as good as sunlight

Zerkai
2010-04-22, 12:38 AM
Nola

"I don't see anyone on this side." Nala responded, eyes scanning the waters before she hurried to check the stern of the ship to check if anything was behind them

Running to the back of the boat to look around

appending_doom
2010-04-22, 05:27 AM
Tikara

Not seeing the attacker, Tikara commands his spell to begin a circle around where he stands, eyes squinting at the space to see if anyone appears in the range of the light.

Dancing lights can move 100 feet in a round.

Yucca
2010-04-22, 04:35 PM
The crew waits at the railing. Crossbows at the ready they peer out into the night. The lights in the sky show nothing.

Seconds pass.

Nothing shows itself.

"Pirates," the captain says after a moment. "I don't think he was expecting quite such a 'ierce response. With all the military ships going to and from that island I half expected them to be moved on elsewhere. I guess it just means the ones that are left are the strong ones.

The crew relaxes slightly, but doesn't leave their post.

Keld Denar
2010-04-22, 05:58 PM
Clothilde

Clotty paces for a bit, then leans back against the base of the mast to relax before her watch, her sling still gripped in her hand.

Alth Falath
2010-04-23, 03:12 PM
Densharr
Densharr relaxes, as the danger seems to be gone. He doesn't put his bow away yet.

appending_doom
2010-04-24, 05:57 AM
Tikara

Tikara idly removes a bolas from his pack, and then, after a moment's thought, a vial filled with black, viscous fluid. He doesn't do anything with them, but they're there.

jojolagger
2010-04-24, 08:43 AM
Darcast
I'll Stay on guard up here.
I'll use Detect Evil SLA

Zerkai
2010-04-25, 11:56 AM
Nola

Nola kept her bow in her hand as she sat down on the deck, letting out a sigh

"Well... at least the trip will be exciting... he'll be back. I think he'll try at least one more time to keep us from that island... and probably bring some friends."

Yucca
2010-04-25, 03:11 PM
As soon as it becomes apparent that the man isn't coming back immediately the captain orders two crew members up the rigging to assess the damage to the sails. It turns out there isn't much, certainly not enough to affect the speed of the ship.

The captain and Sara overhear Nola's comment. "If he was truly connected to the island, then you're right," Sara says. "Who knows what his motives could be. It's my hope that he was just a pirate. Any pirate that hopes to live long will avoid a fair fight. After what he saw coming out of you all, any pirate would turn tail and look for easier targets."

The crew returns to their hammocks. It is decided that Sara will stay up through the rest of the first watch. There are only 3 hours left in the first watch.

Alth Falath
2010-04-25, 06:04 PM
Densharr
Densharr sighs, annoyed that his sleep was interrupted. "Blasted mages," he mutters. He then goes back below deck and goes back to sleep.

appending_doom
2010-04-27, 06:30 AM
Tikara

Tikara stares at the air a few moments longer before chirping, annoyed, and returning to his bed.

Yucca
2010-04-27, 10:34 PM
Morning comes without incident.

The young sun shows even less damage to the sails and rigging than was reported the night before. The sails are unfurled and progress picks up.

Captain Horin greets the party once everyone is up. "From the stars this morning, we are just about half way there. If we can avoid any more pirates, we should get there just as I told ya. Two more days." He chuckles, "'course, if we do come across any more pirates, we might just as well board them and take their stuff. Amir says that was a mighty fine show you all showed that man last night. You had him pretty much dead-to-rights before I was even outta bed."

The sails carry you along quickly that day, and night comes without major incident. By the end of the day, just before dinner, Sara allows Amir to take his sling off. Entering the small cabin currently serving as a mess he intentionally, but somewhat awkwardly maneuvers his around his crewmates to get a seat next to Clothilda. He proceeds to stare at his meal intensely.

Zerkai
2010-04-27, 11:31 PM
Nola

"I'm just sorry we couldn't capture him to question him. He was pretty quick to run... he probably wasn't expecting arcane resistance when he attacked." She spoke up cheerfully, giving Darcast a fanged grin

Keld Denar
2010-04-27, 11:50 PM
Clothilde

Clothilde tears into her dinner, oblivious anyone who isn't putting more on her plate.

IN SOVIET MICRNOLL, GIRL CRUSHES ON YOU!

appending_doom
2010-04-30, 06:36 AM
Tikara

Tikara spends most of the intervening days pacing the boat and climbing to high vantage points to watch the horizon. While he still attempts to sleep through the night, his daylight hours are spent in quiet vigilance.

jojolagger
2010-04-30, 08:08 AM
Darcast
"I think I have an Idea to deal with him better next time." Say Darcast. "It will likely hurt him more and make him highly visible. I don't know why I didn't think of it before."

Keld Denar
2010-04-30, 09:30 PM
Clothilde

Noticing Darcast busy talking instead of eating, Clotty reaches over and grabs a slice of meat off his plate, sucking it down with a playful grin.

Mmmfmmm Mmmmfff Mmmfffmmmm?

Alth Falath
2010-05-01, 12:17 PM
Densharr
Densharr snickers at Clotty's skilled theft

Zerkai
2010-05-04, 10:05 AM
Nola

"Well if you can make it hard for him to escape, I'll be able to knock him out with a few hits from my bow. The enchantment on it makes the arrows non-lethal." She explained to Darcast, looking down at the plate of food.

The catfolk's ears twitched as she looked down, before picking up a strip of meat and starting to eat, her fangs showing.

Yucca
2010-05-04, 09:56 PM
The rest of the voyage to the island passes without note. Watches are tense, but the no ambushes are sprung on the ship.

Late afternoon on the 4th day at sea, the mate spots land off of the bow. Your destination is not yet seen, this is merely the closest member of the island chain to the mainland.

The ship creeps up on it. These islands are covered in thick, lush jungle. No one lives here, and no exploration party have found any reason to colonize them. No minerals to extract, no good land for farming. So this island chain was pretty well deserted. Rumors of ruins so old they could only be known by the gods occasionally floated around, but until now no one ever gave them note.

Late afternoon gives way to evening.

"From what I've been hearing, most of the expeditions have been setting up their basecamps in the grassland of the northwest corner of the island. The king's army already has a sizeable fort constructed," the captain says. "'course I'll drop you wherever you want."

Keld Denar
2010-05-04, 10:00 PM
Clothilde

Why not go to the mystery island itself? I mean, thats why we're here?

Yucca
2010-05-04, 10:06 PM
"Yes, yes," the captain smiles at the joke, "but where on the island?"

jojolagger
2010-05-04, 10:34 PM
"We should probably try to land far from the other groups, so we don't get crowded out. When we get to the new island I'll can fly up high and get a birds eye view to find a good place to land and make camp. Hopefully Northeast or southwest so were not to far from the others. " Says Darcast, Reappearing right beside the captain. "Also would you mind me putting some illusions that appear to be guards on the ship to scare off attacks."

appending_doom
2010-05-05, 06:18 AM
Tikara

"More glory in the unexplored than the tired and known...even if it is killing people," Tikara adds, grinning (or showing his teeth; it's never quite clear which is meant). "To the more southern shores, I say."

Zerkai
2010-05-05, 05:52 PM
Nola

"But if something's killing off people... it could be the same people that attacked our boat." Nola brought up, looking around the table

jojolagger
2010-05-05, 07:39 PM
"And we all know how successful they were the first time. Remember when all the kings men were trying to kill us? We survived. We can take a few mages." Says Darcast.

Keld Denar
2010-05-08, 06:57 PM
Clothilde

Clotty paces back and forth across the starboard side of the ship, stopping briefly to scowl fiercely at the island before resuming her anxious pacing.

Alth Falath
2010-05-08, 09:40 PM
Densharr
Densharr runs along the rails, overjoyed to be free to roam again.

Yucca
2010-05-09, 01:47 PM
As the ship nears the island, Darcast takes flight. He is gone nearly until sunset, but returns with a smile.

Using some paper and ink given by the crew he draws a rough sketch of what he saw, labeling what geographic features he can.

MAP (http://yfrog.com/08picturenkwj)

Sorry this took so long, I had a rough time with it. Also, north is to the right and you're approaching from the west.

jojolagger
2010-05-09, 03:35 PM
I think it would be best to land near the jungle in the barren rocky wastes. We'll be able to explore the jungle and the wastes and have good visibility in the area around our camp.

appending_doom
2010-05-10, 06:22 AM
Tikara

Tikara shifts uneasily at Darcast's suggestion. "Rocky wastes are rarely ideal places to explore," he says. "If, say, a monster or bandits attacks and steals our supplies, one rarely finds food to subsist."

Zerkai
2010-05-12, 02:38 AM
Nola

"I still think it'd be best if we head to those camps... If we're gonna get to the bottom of what's going on on this island, it seems like the best place to start." Nola spoke up from her seat on the deck

"If we don't, eventually whatever's behind it will find us, and it'll probably be very bad timing."

Yucca
2010-05-12, 06:54 AM
The captain takes a step away from the party. "When you all decide where you want to get off, jus tell me." He climbs the ladder to the helm and begins a quiet conversation with his first mate.

appending_doom
2010-05-13, 06:27 AM
Tikara[/purple]

The lizardfolk shrugs. [color=purple]"Eh. Whatever. If we end up somewhere with no food and run out of supplies, though, I'm eating whoever's idea it was." The statement could be a joke, but Tikara's definitely suggested this sort of thing before; luckily, the party's never gotten to the point where they need to find out whether or not he will eat a colleague.

Alth Falath
2010-05-15, 03:26 PM
Densharr
"Indeed, let's go to the camps. There should be plenty of fresh supplies"

Zerkai
2010-05-18, 08:42 PM
Nola

"The camps would have supplies... and we'll get the answers we need when we find out who's abducting the people in the camps."

Nola looked around at the rest of the group, raising a hand

"Should we vote on it?"

jojolagger
2010-05-18, 09:19 PM
Darcast
I abstain.

Alth Falath
2010-05-20, 12:21 AM
Densharr
"I abstain, long as we're going somewhere."

Zerkai
2010-05-20, 07:56 AM
Nola

"That was quick." Nola's ears slanted back, shaking her head before standing up.

"I think we should land somewhere near the camps... we might be able to do something about whatever is killing or making people disappear. The forests might be a good choice... but then again we don't know what's in there either."

Alth Falath
2010-05-20, 09:14 PM
Densharr
"Let's just go to the camps"

Keld Denar
2010-05-20, 09:27 PM
Clothilde

Appearing crestfallen that her idea was rejected, Clotty instantly perks back up. Maybe there'll be cute men there!

Alth Falath
2010-05-23, 07:25 PM
As the group tell the captain to sail towards the camp....

Yucca
2010-05-25, 05:12 PM
After the group finally comes to a decision, they explain their plans to the Captain.

"Good," he replies, "I had been contracted to deliver some supplies there anyway."

The party makes land on a sandy beach in the bay on the island's northwest. The beach runs about 30 feet deep and then the thick grassy plain that dominates this corner of the island begins. At the edge of the beach they see a recently made, but well traveled, trail leading a little deeper into the interior.

One crew member accompanies the party onto the island. He explains that he's headed to the main encampment in order to find the person they need to make the delivery to.

Seeing nothing to do on the beach, the party heads down the path. A few miles and about an hour and a half later they find "The Camp"

The Onem army has a reputation for well built forts, and this is no exception. Tall stone walls close off the fort, leaving only one gate you can see. The gate is flanked by a pair of towers and barred by an iron portcullis (but it's currently open). You see 4 guards, all wearing the cobalt and black of the Onem Army.

Around the fort has sprung up a shanty town of sorts. Tents, some with walls, some nothing more than canvas and ropes, are scattered about. All sorts and sizes they range from 2 man jobs without room to stand all the way to full pavilions that could house dozens. Muddy paths have already been trudged into the grass leading from one to the other. Some tents have signs advertising services or identifying the residents.

A healthy crowd mills about the tent city. Men and women in all sorts of gear, although martial types seem to outnumber the rest. With evening starting to turn into night, not much seems to be happening. No one seems to be too interested in you.

The crew member who accompanied you smiles and says his goodbyes. He leaves you and walks up to the gate. Presenting a pass to the guard, he is allowed inside.

For Darcast:
As soon as you step onto the island you feel something wrong. There is a tense magic energy about the place. It's sitting there latent and waiting. You understand at once why it was impossible to scry the island from a distance and why teleporting to the island failed.

(completely unrelated spellcraft roll)At a glance you are able to tell the stone walls of the fort were magically formed.

jojolagger
2010-05-25, 06:08 PM
"There is something here. It is very powerful and likely very old. This whole Island could be a trap. We should be careful, this isn't just some foolish mage."

Keld Denar
2010-05-26, 01:13 AM
Clothilde

This is lame. We should have gone to the cave....

appending_doom
2010-05-26, 06:15 AM
Tikara

Tikara hisses, a distracted, almost disinterested sound. "Well, if anyone thinks it'd be worth it asking questions, this'd be the place to do it. Otherwise, setting up camp and setting out tomorrow sounds like a great idea."

Alth Falath
2010-05-26, 02:59 PM
Densharr walks into the camp. He bounds up to the first person not in guards armor, and greets them. "Well met, good sir"

Yucca
2010-05-26, 04:27 PM
Spotting someone not in a uniform, Densharr takes off in the long graceful strides of the catfolk. The man, a tall elf in heavy painted chainmail, moves his hand to the grip of his sword, but does not draw it. The trained martial eyes in the party and the crowd see him steady himself in a defensive posture.

Seeing the newcomer charge up to the elf grabs the attention of a few of those nearby. But Densharr stops short and begins speaking. The crowd, seeing that a fight is not imminent, returns their attention to their own matters.

"Well met, good sir" Densharr begins.

The elf studies him briefly and pauses a moment before replying, "I do not know you. I do not know why you presume to charge me so. Yet it is good to see catfolk. A rare sight this far from your homelands, but one that is thankfully becoming more common. A welcome sight, to me at least. Well met." The elf removes his hand from his sword and extends it.

Alth Falath
2010-05-26, 07:28 PM
Densharr
Densharr happily shakes the elf's hand, careful not to scratch him. "Can you tell me more about what is happening in the city? It seems odd that the fortress could not house everyone."

Yucca
2010-05-26, 08:14 PM
City? HA! A mischosen word for what you see here. The corner, the tents, but most people just call it The Camp. But anyway, the fort over there," he waves to the stone walled structure, "it was put up by the Onem army. See... that's their banner on the post there, and right underneath it is the emblem of the Royal Arcane Order. To get in there you need a pass from an officer.

'Round the corner a bit you'll see a few buildings and tents surrounded by a shorter wooden stockade. Theys the Chartered Forces, a merc group that someone paid to come explore this island too.

And then most of the tents that you see are people like you and me, explorers who come here on their own coin and without being part of some big outfit. A rowdy crew, and dangerous if you don't keep your wits.

So that's how this place happened, hasn't been here fer longer than a few weeks."

Keld Denar
2010-05-26, 11:00 PM
Clothilde

Walking up behind the catfolk, Clothilde sizes up the elf. Determining him too scrauny to make a suitable mate, she scowls at him before looking around for something more exciting.

Zerkai
2010-05-27, 01:56 PM
Nola

"I've heard that people have been disappearing... has this place been attacked since you all made camp here?" Nola asked as she approached Elf, Half-Orc, and other catfolk.

"We were attacked by someone on our war to the island. We should probably tell whomever is in charge."

Yucca
2010-05-27, 04:43 PM
People disappear here all the time. They show up, move through the Camp and strike out to find whatever magical treasures they imagine are out there.

Never seen again. Sometimes other groups find the bodies.

The Camp is pretty safe. The occasional large beast blunders in now and then, but nothing so coordinated that I'd call it an attack.

Well, that's not true. It's far from safe here, but while you're in The Camp you have much more to fear from the cutthroats than you do from the natives.

As for someone being in charge... no one comes to mind. The Onem army follows colonel Genwin, the Chartered Forces here report to General Holt. But if what you're saying don't apply directly to their mission, they don't care. You all being attacked on the way in won't interest them much.

Alth Falath
2010-05-27, 07:57 PM
"Sounds like a lovely vacation spot," Travin says dryly. "Thank you for the info, it'll come in handy." He walks a bit towards the tents, then turns to wait for a bit, in case others are coming.

Zerkai
2010-05-27, 08:03 PM
Nola

"They should still be told. Some cloaked mage flying around at night setting fire to the sails of ships should be of concern to both groups." Her ears drooped a bit as she sighed, folding her arms and following him

Yucca
2010-05-31, 01:13 PM
The party follows Densharr [OOC: Tarvin?] towards the main grouping of buildings. As they get closer they see the wooden stockade just as described. One wooden building and a dozen tents stand within it.

The other tents are strewn haphazardly across the open plain. Tall grass stands in between them, except in the places it has been tramped down into dusty and occasionally muddy foot paths. Most are shut.

One large pavilion seems to be quite busy. In front of it's door you see a sign on a post. A blade of grass below a bright sun. Below that it says "The Wilted Blade" Below that it says "Tavern" And below that (for those who can't read common) it has a picture of a mug. A considerable noise is coming from inside.

Keld Denar
2010-05-31, 03:39 PM
Clothilde

OHHHHHHH!!!! Beer!

Alth Falath
2010-06-01, 07:26 PM
OOC: Sorry, other Character.
Seeing his friend's interest in the Tavern, Densharr wanders off, exploring for a bit. He meanders through the tents, avoiding the castle.

Yucca
2010-06-03, 09:36 PM
Clothilda and anyone following her:
Through a tied open door you enter the Wilted Blade. Dirt covers the rough and hastily fitted wooden floor. Square tables are scattered through out the pavilion, and most are occupied. Two human bartenders work a heavy wooden bar on the far end of the floor.

There is an extreme variety of patrons. Hulking warriors, nearly-decrepit old women, holy and unholy. The greengrey uniform of the Chartered Forces can be found in the crowd, but nowhere do you spot the Onem uniform. Most of the patrons wear no uniform, including one particular table who wear nothing. The din of the conversation nearly drowns out the flute being played by a bard at a table near the bar. At a table all to herself she plays, sometimes loud, sometimes soft, but always over the noise.

Densharr and anyone following him:
Moving quietly down the trodden paths you observe the tent city. What little light there is here is only that which could escape the tents around you.

As the elf described, most of these tents are little more than bivouacs. You do come across two tents pitched right next to each other. Between the doors hangs a sign "The Bizzar. Alchemy and Potions." The doors are closed and tied.

appending_doom
2010-06-04, 04:50 AM
Tikara

Trailing absent-mindedly after Densharr, Tikara pauses at the sight of the alchemists' tent.

"Well, it stands to reason," he muses. "A new island is bound to be full of unusual...ingredients."

jojolagger
2010-06-04, 09:11 AM
Having followed into the tavern, Darcast decides to be aware of the others nearby. Detect Evil DC 18 over time I can get everyone in the bar

Zerkai
2010-06-04, 03:06 PM
Nola

Nola follows Clothilda into the tavern, glancing around as she thought, a Tavern is as good a place as any to find something interesting. After a moment the sound of the bard playing caught her attention.

The white catfolk's ears twitched as she looked over at the flautist playing by herself. She turned her gaze to the empty table the bard sat at. She carefully approached the table, taking a seat opposite of her, enjoying the performance.

OOC:
Apologies for delay in posting. Read something, got inspired to work on this project I've been dragging my feet on.

Keld Denar
2010-06-04, 03:43 PM
Clothilde

Also moved by the sound of the flute, Clotty reaches out, grabs a nearby man by the hands, and starts dancing violently around in a circle with him with a WIDE grin on her face, bobbing her head with the rise and fall of the music.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alth Falath
2010-06-04, 07:32 PM
Densharr
Hanging back for a bit, Densharr notices Tikara's curiosity. However, seeing them closed, he wanders back to the ship, having seen then sights.

Yucca
2010-06-04, 09:09 PM
Darcast:
At one table where five Chartered Forces scouts are sitting, to show with a faint evil aura. Another table with a group of sailors shows one evil aura. None of those who detected as evil seem aware of your spell. There also seems to be a very faint aura of evil hanging everywhere.

Clothilda:
Fortunately you end up picking on someone your own size this time. Sitting at a table near the door is a goliath. With gusto you grab him and pull him into some open space. His friends at the table all come to their feet, but they move mostly in surprise. When they see you move to dance instead of attack they chuckle quietly and sit back down. All except one. A dwarven woman stares maliciously at you as you dance. The goliath returns your grin, but not your exclamation. OOC: Roll Perform (dance)

Nola:
The bard turns out to be a petite human woman. She sways and moves with the flute, sometimes almost disappearing into the large leather cloak she wears, hood up. She looks over to you and nods as she sits down. You get the feeling that she would be smiling and waving if her mouth or hands were free.

Keld Denar
2010-06-05, 02:15 AM
Clothidle

What Clotty lacks in experience, she makes of threefold in enthusiasm!

[roll0]

EDIT: not half bad, I must say!

EDIT EDIT: If that dwarf beech gets upity, I'll totally arm wrestle her for the man! You can't handle none of this Mottlegump! *snap* *snap* *snap* Mmmm hmmmmm!

Yucca
2010-06-05, 07:39 PM
Neither Clotty nor the man she acquired can dance with any masterful style, but they make up for it in their enthusiasm. Bumping into other tables and patrons more than once (the Wilted Bland not having a dance floor) and sending at least one man to the floor they move with zeal and good humor. Eventually the song hits it's climax and begins to wind down. The pair stops their whirling.

The goliath takes a deep breath. "Well met my good lady!" he exclaims. "Let us drink!" By the hand he leads you to his table and his comrades make room for you. He sits across from you, next to the dwarven woman. "I am Vikset, and these are my firends" he gestures at the table. You find a mug of wine set in front of you.

Suddenly you see a man come up behind Vikset. He has a large dark spot on the front of his shirt. Angrily (and a little drunkenly) he shouts "Ye two knocked me down! Watch'a gonna do about it?"

As this is happening, Nola is peacefully enjoying the flute. The song ends to the polite applause of some people near by. Several people drop coins in the table in front of the bard. She takes a long drink of her cup before looking over to Nola. "Hi," she says cheerfully in a very young voice.

Keld Denar
2010-06-05, 11:17 PM
Clothilde

Batting her eye lashes rediculously at Vikset, Clotty thanks him for the dance. She was just about to ask him what he and his friends had planned when the man butts in.

Excuse me?

Clotty brings one hand up to cover her mouth to stifle a gasp. She then wraps the other hand around the arm of the goliath tightly, as if expressing fear that this drunken angry man might harm her. Mentally, she's already calculating the circumstances. Deciding that conflict might be eminant, Clotty manifests Inertial Armor for 7 PP (+7 AC), opting to keep it invisible.
(12 PP remaining)

jojolagger
2010-06-05, 11:46 PM
Appearing before the man, Darcast says. "Here's 2 gp, it should cover your the drink my friend knocked over and then some." He hands the coins to the man and disappears.

Zerkai
2010-06-06, 10:34 AM
Nola

"Hello. You play very well." Nola pulled out two gold coins, tossing them to the bard's side of the table with a smile. She glanced for a moment to Clothilde and the Goliath before looking back at the bard.

"Have you heard of anything mysterious going on on this island?"

Yucca
2010-06-06, 01:30 PM
[OOC: Clotty is sitting across the table from Vikset, not next to him]

The sudden appearance and disappearance of Darcast seems to both enrage and confuse the burly half-orc with a wet shirt. He slaps the coins out of Darcast's hand and shouts "I don't think you understood me! You disrespected me, you disrespected all of my friends!" he wildly gestures towards another table. "What ya going to do about it?" He puts his hand on Vikset's shoulder. "Huh?"

The conversation at several of the surrounding tables ceases. Vikset stands. "Walk away," Vikset says in a low calm voice, "pick up your coins if you want, but walk away." Three others at the next table over stand as well. The drunk glances over to them.

A very tense moment passes before the drunk storms out of the Blade, the three others hurrying to catch up with him.

Vikset takes his seat again. A flute chirps happily through the room.

"Thank you" the bard replies to Nola. "You mean, besides the fact that it mysteriously appeared and it mysteriously wouldn't let anyone scry or teleport to it? I hear that there is a big cloud of energy hovering above the island. That's what was causing all the problems with the magic. No one knows where it came from though. Apparently if you fly up into it, it will dispell your flying spell."

The bard turns her head as the room suddenly gets much quieter. There's a tense moment as four patrons leave in a hurry. "Uh-Oh," she sings, "I think we need some cheerful music now." She puts the flute to her lips and begins a light, quick song. It sounds like birds fighting playfully.

Keld Denar
2010-06-06, 05:32 PM
Clothilde

So, before we were so rudely interupted, I was asking you what brought you and your companions to the island? Everyone seems to have come here for a reason, whats yours? Clotty asks, pooring on excessive amounts of sugar to her voice.

Yucca
2010-06-06, 06:54 PM
"We were sent here to investigate rumors that..."
*Hrrrm* the dwarven woman interrupts. "We are here to serve the Dwarffather. He made his wishes clear to our priesthood, and we were sent. I am Myrria, cleric of Moradin, and I may ask the same question of you."

[OOC: Clotty should roll diplomacy if you want to find out more]

Keld Denar
2010-06-06, 07:06 PM
Clothilde

Completely ignoring the angry little dorf lady, Clothilde feels moved again by the new flute song. Walking around the table, she grabs Vikset roughly and pulls him to his feet, nearly dragging him off the bench. Back to dancing time!

After dragging him away from the dorf, she repeats the question.

Clothilde has about as much diplomacy in her as a mack truck. Shes about as subtle as one too.

Yucca
2010-06-06, 10:07 PM
Vikset gives no resistance as the two of you move to dance again. People move out of your way, and soon you are moving lightly (as lightly as a goliath and half-giant can move) to the flute. After a moment he glances back to the table fleetingly.
"Moradin, the Mountain Forger, sent dreams to his priesthood that they should send someone here to investigate. Myself, Myrria and the others were charged with the task. We arrived a week ago. I really shouldn't say more. And what of you? Are you here as an agent of someone else, or for your own glory?

Keld Denar
2010-06-06, 10:43 PM
Clothilde

You know...the usual. Fame, fortune, treasure, and the opportunity to rip off an orc's arm and beat him to death with it. The giantess gives a toothy grin at that last remark. Just hoping to learn a bit about the environs before we head out. Have you seen or heard stories about the inhabitants of the island? Any humanoids? Giant beasts? Mystical outsiders or strange elementals?

Yucca
2010-06-07, 01:43 PM
"I avoid killing when possible, but yes... your attitude does seem to be "the usual" around here." He pauses here, staring off over your shoulder. "To answer your question, there does seem to be an abundance of predators here. Dire animals and other fearsome creatures have been reported. One group that passes through a few days ago reported a creature that shot paralyzing spines as long as your arm. There are also rumors of abandoned villages in the eastern jungles, but no reports of any sentient life here other than the explorers. But..." he looks up to the roof then back to you, "perhaps most disturbingly, I feel the presence of evil everywhere. It's like it has infused the air, and it swirls around me like dust on the wind."

Keld Denar
2010-06-07, 05:02 PM
Clothilde

I...see...well, thanks for the dance. Clotty looks a little crestfallen at Vikset's more passive ways. I wish you and your companions the best. If we meet in the wilderness, I look forward to crushing the skulls of evil with you, but in the mean time, I wish you a long life!

Returning to the group, Clothilde exclaims: Men, they are all such softies, not strong like giants. Evil requires a STRONG grip, lest it squeezes out between your fingers like warm mud. Shall we find a place to rest so we can set out first thing tomorrow? Clothilde cheerfully recants everything Vikset told her about the local flora and fauna, including the ambient evil aura of evil ambiance and the doomy feeling of doomy doom.

OOC: Unless anyone else has something they want to do, shall we skip on?

Yucca
2010-06-10, 02:33 PM
Leaving the Wilted Blade, Nola, Clotty and Darcast meet up with Densharr and Tikara on the way back from their wanderings. The party all agrees that they have done what they need to that evening, and all that is left is to sleep. The Survival Pouch they carry [OOC: btw, who is carrying the survival pouch and the field provisions box?] provides the tents and a small campfire.

A brief discussion over who's turn on the watch rotation it is, then the group settles down.

The night passes uneventfully. You hear a bugle call "morning station" in the stone fort. Morning comes, but the camp is in the shadow of tall mountains to the east. The sun won't rise over them for some hours.

The fact that the tents will simply disappear 8 hours after being taken out makes breaking camp delightfully simple.

After sharing the information of the previous night, the party plans their day.

Keld Denar
2010-06-10, 02:38 PM
Clothilde

Yawning loudly, Clotty sips on some coffee. So, time to go find this cave?

Alth Falath
2010-06-10, 07:23 PM
"To the caves," Densharr shouts joyfully.

jojolagger
2010-06-10, 07:27 PM
You hear a voice from a bit outside the camp "The caves are this way. Follow me." Moments later Darcast appears where the voices was. "OK, now follow me."

Zerkai
2010-06-11, 08:17 AM
Nola

Nola nodded, following after Darcast in the direction of the caves, taking out her bow as they walked, just in case something popped up.

Alth Falath
2010-06-11, 07:47 PM
Densharr
Densharr draws his bow and follows carefully along, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Yucca
2010-06-11, 11:21 PM
The party sets out to the mountains. Wary of predators on the plains they keep their weapons ready.

[OOC: I'm AFK and AFN(otes) at my sister's wedding until at least Sunday. I'll post more then.]

Alth Falath
2010-06-12, 09:30 PM
Enjoy some delicious free food.

Yucca
2010-06-16, 07:46 PM
The plains are hot, and the dry grass crunches underfoot. The land slopes up and away from the coast, getting hotter and drier. Trackless the plains are, there is little to impede the progress, and the party makes good time during their first day out of The Camp.

It is 3 hours before sundown when Densharr's ears prick up.
Densharr:
Hoofbeats. Several sets.

Keld Denar
2010-06-16, 08:21 PM
Clothilde

Assuming Densharr makes this known...
Clotty manifests Inertial Armor for 7 PP.

Alth Falath
2010-06-20, 07:03 PM
Densharr
Densharr prepares to fire, although he'll wait until he's sure they are hostile.

Ready action, attack when it's clear that they are hostile.

jojolagger
2010-06-20, 07:05 PM
I'll get a better view.
Fly 60 ft. up to get a better view.

Yucca
2010-06-20, 10:09 PM
From his new vantage point Darcast can see 4 humanoids on horseback, riding hard and heading for the party. They're about a 1/4 mile away. One is clearly armored. That one is also carrying a lance, which is forward in its rest.

As they approach the rest of the party begins to hear them.

jojolagger
2010-06-20, 11:02 PM
"Get ready, they seem to expect combat."

Keld Denar
2010-06-20, 11:11 PM
Clothilde

They may want to parley with us...hopefully not!

appending_doom
2010-06-21, 04:48 AM
Tikara

Tikara snorts and flicks his hands. His skin glitters and glows for a moment, and when he next shifts his body, his movements are already more graceful.

Cast animalistic power

Yucca
2010-06-21, 05:41 PM
They draw to a pause a little under 100 ft away. One rears his hand back and throws two small objects towards the party. One glints in the sunlight.

"You dropped these last night at the Blade!" the thrower shouts and the four of them spur their horses on hard.

Everyone roll initiative. Densharr, do you want to fire at the armored one or one of the other three. As far as you can tell from here [rolling spot for Densharr [roll0]] they are 1 hobgoblin, 1 half orc (the armored one), 1 elf, and 1 human.

jojolagger
2010-06-21, 05:47 PM
"It's the drunks from the tavern. Get ready."
Readied action to entangle when they are within 40 ft. of the party
[roll0]Inititave

Keld Denar
2010-06-21, 05:54 PM
Clothilde

I love being right!

Clotty manifests Expansion for 1+6=7 PP, growing to huge size!

Who wants to dance?

Zerkai
2010-06-22, 05:52 AM
Nola

"Great..." Nola sighed, pulling out an arrow and knocking it on her bow as she watched the riders approach, wondering which to shoot first.

appending_doom
2010-06-22, 04:13 PM
Tikara

Tikara grinned and reached into his cloak, drawing out a long glaive that could not possibly fit there.

Alth Falath
2010-06-22, 07:02 PM
Densharr
Densharr releases a stream of arrows at the half-orc, hoping his injury will intimidate the others into yielding.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

Yucca
2010-06-25, 05:50 PM
Densharr's arrow is deflected off the shoulder of the armored half-orc.

Reacting quicker than their foes, the party is able to act before them. They face a groups of hostile but unknown enemies riding towards them on horses. They are in a loose group (about 20-30ft apart) and are 100ft away from the party now. The ground is flat, with dry grass that would be waist high on a halfling.

[OOC: post your character's actions by Monday morning or I'll act for you.]

jojolagger
2010-06-25, 06:10 PM
I'll get them, you try to shoot their horses. Says Darcast, his voice moving toward the enemy.
Shoot the horse. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0437.html) :smallbiggrin: Fly 60 ft. towards the half-orc and readied action to cast thunderhead when the half-orc is in range.

Alth Falath
2010-06-25, 07:25 PM
"I will not kill such magnificent beasts," Densharr shouts in response. Densharr fires into the elf, since the orc seemed too well armed.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

Alth Falath
2010-06-25, 07:27 PM
Confirmations
[roll0] Confirm 1
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Confirm 2
[roll3] Damage

Zerkai
2010-06-25, 10:50 PM
Nola aimed for the armored half-orc, it would be best to take him down before he got too close.

Attack 1-
Damage 1- [roll]1d8+1d6+4
Attack 2-
Damage 2- [roll]1d8+1d6+4

Zerkai
2010-06-25, 10:52 PM
Attack 1- [roll0] + [roll1] + 4 = 15

(OOC: No point in making a second damage roll)

Keld Denar
2010-06-26, 01:56 AM
Clothilde

Clotty holds her ground in front of her comrads, shielding them from charges.

Clotty is readying an attack after she gets the AoO she'll likely get from her reach.

appending_doom
2010-06-27, 05:27 AM
Tikara

Tikara looses one hand on his glaive, making a swift gesture. A dark ray of light springs from his hand, arcing towards the orc.

He then takes his place next to Clotty, glaive poised and ready.

Quick Cast ray of enfeeblement (swift action).

[roll0]
[roll1] Str penalty

Ready action to arcane channel shocking grasp on the first mounted target that comes in range.

Yucca
2010-06-29, 01:56 PM
Well aimed and true fletched, the arrows from Densharr's bow sink into the elf. The chest and the throat, both wounds might have been fatal on their own. Together they are overwhelming. He goes limp and falls from his saddle. Hits tyhe ground with a crunch that can be heard from your distance.

Nola, not to be out done fires on the half-orc leading the charge, only one of her arrows find their mark, but it sinks deep into the charger's thigh. As the orc is recovering from that pain, he is surprised to find himself beset by his own personal raincloud. It zaps him on the nose.

Enraged by all of this, the orc spurs his horse far ahead of his allies. Steadying his lance he covers the entire 100ft distance and bears down on Tikara.

Lance attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Tikara's AoO: [roll2]
Damage[roll3]

His companions, seeing the towering Clotty and the damage done to their elf ally move more cautiously. They close roughly half the distance.

Yucca
2010-06-29, 02:00 PM
[OOC: wow, criticals everywhere]

Confirm Half-orc's critical: [roll0]
Additional damage if confirmed [roll1]

Alth Falath
2010-06-29, 07:55 PM
Densharr
Densharr, noting that the orc is closer, but distracted, fires two shots, then backs up 5 feet away from the menacing lancer.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

Alth Falath
2010-06-29, 07:56 PM
Densharr, noting that the orc is quite the threat, fires at him twice, then backs up about 5 feet.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

Keld Denar
2010-07-02, 02:31 AM
Clothilde

Clotty takes a step closer to the mounted half orc, reaches down, and attempts to pluck him from the saddle. I think you still owe me a dance!

Flurry of Blows, attempting to start a grapple (see PM).
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5] | [roll6] [roll7]

Success means Clotty enters his square in a wierd way. All damage is non-lethal.

jojolagger
2010-07-02, 10:09 AM
A ray of fire appears above the hobgoblin and fires towards him.
[roll0]Flat footed touch attack
[roll1]Damage
After that fly 60 back to above the party
As the hobgoblin is struck (that should hit) you hear "Lay down your weapons and surrender."

Yucca
2010-07-02, 05:12 PM
The hobgoblin howls in pain and anger; a charred streak, the metal still red-hot across his chest.

The human on the horse next to him springs into action, as if waiting for this to happen. Reading from a scroll he gestures towards the area the firey ray came from. A burst of golden light shatters in mid-air. Most falls away quickly, fading before it hits the ground, but Darcast finds himself covered in glittery dust.

Darcast Will Save: [roll0]

The light, bright as it may have been, fails to blind Darcast.

Zerkai
2010-07-03, 11:11 AM
Nola

With Clothilde targeting the armored Orc, she took aim at the human that had just cast a spell from a scroll, and fired of two shots in succession.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]+[roll2]= 10
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]+[roll5]= 13

Alth Falath
2010-07-05, 07:05 PM
Densharr fires at the human, hoping to prevent any more spells

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

jojolagger
2010-07-05, 07:44 PM
Managing to spot the human and the hobgoblin despite the the magic sparkle glitter :smallamused: Bright light. He then sends four bolts of energy at the hobgoblin.

Damage [roll0]:smalleek: all four dice rolled 1
Using the arcanists glove to get CL 7 for 4 missiles.
Casting Magic missile.

appending_doom
2010-07-06, 04:45 AM
Tikara

Severely wounded, Tikara attempts to get away from his attacker before "wounded" can become "dead".

Concentrating, he vanishes in a puff of smoke to appear closer to his knot of allies.

Concentration to cast defensively: [roll0] (DC 17)

Cast dimension hop to move 15 feet back towards the rest of the party.

Yucca
2010-07-06, 09:39 AM
Tikara falls back as Clotty wrenches the half-orc until. Under Densharr's new volley and Clotty's physical assault, the half orc goes limp. Nola opens fire on the human, one of her arrows finding its mark.

The human again gestures towards Darcast, and three bright points of light fly unerringly towards Darcast's shiny gold outline. He's hit for 12 points of damage. The hobgoblin points towards Clotty and snarls a curse:

Clotty Will save: [roll0]

Clotty feels the magic wash over her, but it fails to take hold.

OOC: Post actions for the party. Densharr and Darcast can change their actions if they want, since there was a little bit of confusion. Post your actions by Thursday evening please.

jojolagger
2010-07-06, 10:58 AM
OOC: Post actions for the party. Densharr and Darcast can change their actions if they want, since there was a little bit of confusion. Post your actions by Thursday evening please.

OOC: Last round it was just Four magic missiles on the hobgoblin, total of 15 damage.

"Two can play at that game, mage."
Magic missile again, no gloves this time. [roll0]

Keld Denar
2010-07-06, 09:28 PM
Clothilde

Clotty rushes forward in an attempt to get ahold of the hobgoblin!

Charge attack, should have range with 30' base move (double to 60) +15' reach.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Yucca
2010-07-06, 09:41 PM
As soon as Clotty gets within 25ft of the hobgoblin she feels another wave of magic pass over her.

Clotty will save [roll0]

Again, the magic simply washes over her, failing to take hold.

[not the beginning of a new combat round.]

appending_doom
2010-07-07, 04:47 PM
Tikara

Tikara throws another brief line of dark energy, but this he aims at the human's horse, before retreating behind his comrades.

Ray of enfeeblement targeting the horse.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]

Str penalty: [roll1]

Yucca
2010-07-09, 10:43 AM
Clotty grabs the hobgoblin and presses on his fresh burn. He screams in pain and eventually stops moving. His human friend fares no better. The combination of magic and real missiles is too much for him. He goes down.

No enemies are left standing. Their horses have mostly fled. A weasel crawls out of the human's tunic and hisses defensively at Clotty.

[we're leaving the combat time-scale now, post your actions and after-actions]

Keld Denar
2010-07-09, 03:28 PM
Clothilde

Clotty picks up the tiny weasel and coos at it, smoothing the fur on its back with the back of her massive finger.

Aren't you just the most precious fuzzy little creature I have ever laid my eyes on! So soft and cuddly!

Clotty then reaches into her pack and pulls out a massively expanded dried cranberry and offers it to the poor little guy.

Alth Falath
2010-07-09, 08:36 PM
"So what was the point of that?" Densharr says confused. He looks through the bodies, trying to figure out if they had any clues.

Zerkai
2010-07-09, 11:39 PM
Nola

"That guy and his friends from the bar... The ones I hit with my arrows probably aren't dead." She gestured to her enchanted bow, which shot non-lethal arrows. As she looked around the scene, she kept ehr bow out, drawing an arrow just in case.

"What do we do with them?"

Keld Denar
2010-07-09, 11:47 PM
Clotty

The two I hugged are also only sleeping. Shall we take them back to camp?

jojolagger
2010-07-10, 12:15 AM
"Let's make sure they won't kill us when they get back up first."
Detect evil. They are unconscious, so they don't get a save.

appending_doom
2010-07-10, 05:53 AM
Tikara

"There's no need to go to any trouble," Tikara said. "If we leave them out here, they'll die or head back, given their current state. If we kill them, they won't make any trouble." He shrugged. "Which, I don't care."

Yucca
2010-07-10, 10:59 AM
The weasel hisses again, jumps out of Clotty's hand and returns to the human's side. A quick survey of the bodies show that the elf that fell in the first round is thoroughly dead, the others are simply unconscious although the human is very near to critical.

Densharr searched through the equipment of the fallen until he finds a scroll case on the human. Inside he finds a scroll of glitterdust, a scroll of fly and a rolled up map of the island. Their map is hand-drawn and very similar to the one Darcast produced on the ship, but it has smaller caves marked, some in the mountains by the cone and some in the jungle to the east. They are labeled "vents".

Darcast:
The hobgoblin pings faint evil.

Alth Falath
2010-07-11, 07:19 PM
Densharr puts the stuff he found in his bag. "So, we leaving them or taking them?"

Keld Denar
2010-07-11, 09:43 PM
Clothilde

We aren't pressed for time. I don't see why we can't turn them in to the guards back in the town. I'm sure the last thing they want is a bunch of bandits running around in the wilderness attacking settlers and explorers. This place seems dangerous enough. What they do with them is of little consequence to me. If they attack us again, mercy shall off the menu.

jojolagger
2010-07-11, 09:54 PM
"We could just take their stuff. They wouldn't attack anyone if they don't have any gear."

Keld Denar
2010-07-11, 10:16 PM
Clothilde

We should at least deposit them near town. If we leave them out here in the wild, its likely they'll get eaten before they get back to town unarmed, or even before they wake up. I squeezed that hobgoblin a little harder than I ment too...

Ooopse.

Zerkai
2010-07-12, 08:24 AM
Nola

"We should bring them to the town." Nola said as she put her bow away, making her way over to the dead Elf, kneeling down and pulling out her bag of hollding

Yucca
2010-07-16, 03:53 PM
Stripping the bodies down and carrying them, the party begins moving back towards The Camp. The fight took place about 3 hours before sundown, and the party is not able to return in time. Drawing lots for watches, the party makes camp for the night and rises again in the morning.

By morning the hobgoblin and the human are both awake again, although the half-orc remains out.

The remaining march back to The Camp is uneventful and takes about 7 hours. The party finds itself on the outskirts of Camp, midafternoon.

Alth Falath
2010-07-16, 07:30 PM
Densharr sighs. This had taken entirely too long. Then again, at least they weren't killed needlessly, so that was relatively good. He looks at the captives. "So, is there a prison, or do we just leave them here?"

jojolagger
2010-07-16, 07:43 PM
"They have no combat gear to speak of. We can just drop them off here and they won't do anything."

Keld Denar
2010-07-18, 09:26 AM
Clothilde

Carrying the unconsious half-orc, Clotty speaks up, I'd rather leave them with someone who can make them aware of their shame. Unjustified banditry is not the kind of activity that'll encourage the exploration of this island.

Zerkai
2010-07-18, 05:33 PM
Nola

As they reached the outskirts of the town Nola glanced at the human and hobgoblin before looking around for for something. She pulled out her bag of holding again, kneeling down on the ground as she opened it up.

She reached into the bag, and with some difficulty, pulled out the body of the other group's elven companion. Once she got the body out and onto the ground, she also pulled two shovels from the bag.

"Don't really know anything about elven funerals, but..." She trailed off as she stood up, picking up one of the shovels and starting to dig.

Yucca
2010-07-18, 08:30 PM
The hobgoblin slowly approaches Nola, he puts his hand on her shovel. "No," he grunts, "we burn"

The human steps forward too. "It's true, he would have preferred to be cremated. If you'll give me a few coins from my bag, I can buy the oil."

Zerkai
2010-07-19, 09:43 PM
Nola

She blinked as the hobgoblin as he stopped her, before nodding and setting the shovel down. She went back through her bag of holding, rummaging around for a moment before pulling out a small bag of coins.

"One of the others probably has yours, but this should be enough to take care of what you need." She said, stepping towards the human and offering the bag of coins. There were about 40 gold coins inside, with a few silvers.

Yucca
2010-07-20, 08:20 AM
The human takes the bag of coins. He looks at the hobgoblin. "Stay here with Gorek," he says motioning to the still unconscious half-orc. He briskly walks into the tent city.

The hobgoblin checks on the half-orc, then moves off a few paces and starts to pull up some of the grass. He looks at the party, "We need a clear space to burn him."

Keld Denar
2010-07-20, 11:09 AM
Clothilde

Clotty grabs the human by the back of his collar. Not so fast. I'll go with you. With that she curls her arm under his, clamping down on his forearm with an uncomfortable pressure. To anyone looking, it would appear as if the human were escorting the half-giant on a romantic evening stroll, minus the look of pain from the human under the force of her grip.

Zerkai
2010-07-20, 08:01 PM
Nola

Nola put her shivers away and started to help the hobgoblin in pulling out the grass to clear a space for the body to burn.

Yucca
2010-07-20, 10:07 PM
Without making any attempt to escape the human moves directly to the alchemy store the party found earlier. He buys several pints of oil. The merchant charges what would be an outrageous price on the mainland, but that is a fact of doing business on the frontier.

Clotty escorts him back to where the party is waiting. When the pair arrives they find the elf laid out in a small clearing in the grass. The human hands the hobgoblin a few pints of oil and they begin soaking the fallen elf. By now the half-orc is beginning to come around.

The fire consumes the body. It burns hot and ashes drift away in the late afternoon breeze. Individuals walking by sometimes pause respectfully.

The human turns to the party after the body is no more. "Thank you for letting us do that."

jojolagger
2010-07-20, 10:15 PM
"It is the least we could do. This island is evil, but his spirit has gone to a better place." Comes a voice from somewhere overhead.

Zerkai
2010-07-21, 12:19 AM
Nola

The catfolk kept silent as the body burned, before turning to the human as he approached. "I try not to kill when I can... I imagine you guys were here to investigate the island like us. Someone out there's already attacking people who reach the island, we should do our best not to do their work for them."

Keld Denar
2010-07-21, 01:01 AM
Clothilde

I grieve for the loss of your companion. I have lost friends in the past. We all have. Seeking revenge, however, is the vinegar that spoils the wine that is the memories of those we've lost. I encouraged you to seek an outlet to mourn your loss that honors the memory of your companion, rather than poison it.

Yucca
2010-07-21, 03:14 PM
The human nods at Nola. "It does seem like more people are disappearing than could simply be attributed to natural predators. Had Gorek not invoked a point of honor to find and attack you five, we would have begun investigating some caves in those mountains."

"Sethlas," he pauses and looks at the charred clearing, "called them 'lava vents' and said that some of the bigger ones could actually be a connected, and run all over the island. We had only explored a few, and they all dead ended eventually, but others have said they saw similar caves in the jungle to the east of the mountains."

The human looks over to where the hobgoblin is helping the half-orc drink. "What is to come of us?"

Keld Denar
2010-07-21, 05:22 PM
Clothilde

Unless my companions have any objections, I'm in favor of giving you this choice. We can either turn you into whatever authority governs this island where you will likely be tried as brigands to face the prospect of execution in this distant and lawless land, or we can release you to your own free will with your expressed word that you will forgive any slights to any of your honor that may have occured and to live the remainder of each of your natural lives understanding the mercy that you have been granted this day in the hopes that you will show mercy in your own decisions. We will even return enough money as is required to purchase passage home on the next supply ship that passes through.

Which would you choose? Keep in mind, if in the future our blades cross, such mercy will be undoubtedly witheld.

Yucca
2010-07-21, 06:02 PM
"Ships heading back tend to be mostly empty, passage will not be expensive." He turns and holds the half-orc in a hard stare. "We hold nothing against you," he says, his eyes not leaving the orc. Turning back to thew party he continues. "Fifty coins each should serve for those purposes. We had at least that much in our packs."

Yucca
2010-07-23, 09:41 AM
The party hands the small bag of coins to the human, and the hobgoblin helps the half-orc through the muddy streets of the ramshackle city.

It's not long before sundown. The party is standing at the edge of The Camp.

jojolagger
2010-07-23, 09:48 AM
"It would probably be best to stay near camp for tonight, I'll take first watch."

Keld Denar
2010-07-23, 09:54 AM
Clothilde

I agree.

Alth Falath
2010-07-23, 07:07 PM
"Sounds like second watch for me then"

Zerkai
2010-07-23, 08:38 PM
Nola

"I guess I'll take third watch then."

Yucca
2010-07-24, 01:43 AM
Night passes uneventfully. The tent city never completely quiets down, but none of the watches see anyone approach the party's camp.

Morning comes.

Alth Falath
2010-07-24, 07:15 PM
"So, how about we try that again without the interruptions?" Densharr bounds off for adventure, barely looking back to wait for his teammates.

Zerkai
2010-07-25, 05:29 AM
Nola

"I hope noone else made anymore enemies from the camp we should know about." Nola sighed, picking up her bag and following Densharr

"Those other adventurers mentioned caves in the jungle to the east, I suggest we head there."

Alth Falath
2010-07-26, 07:23 PM
Densharr heads off to the east, looking forward to adventure.

Yucca
2010-07-26, 07:45 PM
Catching up with the two catfolk the party heads east. The noon meal comes and the party decided to consult Darcast's map again.

MAP (http://yfrog.com/08picturenkwj)

It seems that if they want to reach the eastern jungle they have two options: go south until they find the break in the mountain chain or try to find a way to cross the mountains directly. Darcast does not remember seeing any passes in the mountains. (But then again, Darcast has no ranks in Know(geog)) so it's likely climbing would be involved.

Alth Falath
2010-07-27, 07:51 PM
"I vote we go around, it will be far less arduous"

jojolagger
2010-07-27, 07:52 PM
"I'm fine with that. It's not your fault you don't have wings."

Keld Denar
2010-07-27, 07:52 PM
Clothilde

I agree. Lets go around.

Zerkai
2010-07-27, 10:19 PM
"I definately wasn't looking forward to climbing mountains, around it is."

Yucca
2010-07-30, 06:57 PM
The party heads out. Swooping south they move across the grasslands Heading south and east it's two days before they encounter the sparse fringes of the jungle. They plunge in.

Moving through the jungle isn't as easy as the plains. There are no trails that they can find, and it's harder to keep their direction.

At the end of the fifth day out from leaving the camp the second time Darcast flies above the canopy. They have made it east, past the majority of the mountain range. They are firmly in the eastern jungle.

Yucca
2010-08-01, 11:16 AM
The party strikes south east, towards where they saw the vents marked on the other group's map. The jungle is thick and the going is slow. The canopy traps the heat and blocks the breeze that they felt on the plains. It's hot.

The party moves for three more days. A few hours after they begin marching on the 4th, the jungle changes. It becomes thinner, and stumps show evidence of being cut down. Not recently.

Moving cautiously through the area the party pushes forward. At a distance, through the trees it seems like they can see a series of structures, built around the tree trunks.

jojolagger
2010-08-01, 11:47 AM
"Looks like we might meet some of the locals. I'll stay quiet, so They'll have no idea I'm here if things go south."

Alth Falath
2010-08-01, 02:10 PM
Densharr heads quietly towards the structures, keeping an eye out for trouble. He tries to keep to the brush, even as the trees start to thin out.

[roll0] Move silently
[roll1] Hide
[roll2] Spot
[roll3] Listen

Keld Denar
2010-08-01, 07:12 PM
Clothilde

Just because they are out here, doesn't mean they are native...still, it would be good to keep an eye out.

Clotty creeps forward.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zerkai
2010-08-01, 09:22 PM
Nola approached the structures as well, keeping some distance from Densharr though, so if either of them was seen the others cover wouldn't be blown.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Yucca
2010-08-01, 09:40 PM
With varying degrees of stealth and observedness the party creeps forward. Moving slowly and spreading out, the party tunes their keen combat senses toward any noise that could give away an attacker.

They hear nothing. Densharr is the first to get close enough to truly examine the structure.

Long rough-hewn boards make up the walls of the building. It goes all the way around the tree and is apparently centered on it. Has a long steep-sloping roof that runs up to the trunk. At the point where the trunk emerges from the roof it looks to be about 2-3 feet thick.

There is a door on one side. It starts about 6 inches off the ground and stops at five. It is rather narrow. From this side it has a simple latch. It is shut. The building has no windows you can see.

The forest floor around the building is covered in weeds and small plants. Looking around, the party sees more structures similar to this one. Some in various states of disrepair.

Keld Denar
2010-08-03, 10:21 AM
Clothilde

Stooping over, Clotty pulls up some weeds, rolling them between her fingers while musing. Shall we see if anyone's home?

Alth Falath
2010-08-10, 07:56 AM
Densharr heads closer in, looking for people or stuff

Yucca
2010-08-10, 10:01 PM
Densharr carefully circles the building. As he moves inward he sees the other buildings more clearly. It is clear that this is the outermost building of a group. Possibly a settlement or small town, there's not enough information yet.

He neither sees nor hears anything to indicate that there is anyone present at the time.

Alth Falath
2010-08-11, 11:58 AM
Densharr will continue towards the center of town, since he hasn't seen anything.

jojolagger
2010-08-11, 12:09 PM
Darcast will fly 20 ft above Densharr, keeping an eye out for anything.
spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

Keld Denar
2010-08-11, 12:51 PM
Clothilde

Clotty keeps her sling in hand, staying protectively close to her companions.

Yucca
2010-08-13, 11:57 AM
Slipping in and around the buildings the party makes their way into the town. As they move the buildings get closer together and larger. The footpaths worn in the ground become more established trails and eventually almost roads, although weeds have begun to reclaim them.

The buildings are in a worse state of damage and disrepair here. Many of the doors are broken and off their hinges, and most walls have some holes in them. Roofs have collapsed. Some buildings have crumbled almost entirely.

The party continues along the streets until they reach what seems to be a public square. By this point many of the trees they pass have a building constructed around it. In the middle of the square is a massive tree with no construction.

Alth Falath
2010-08-15, 04:01 PM
"So what's the plan from here? I'm not sure why the towns empty. We could look into that, and possibly treasures, or continue on"

Keld Denar
2010-08-16, 12:27 AM
Clothilde

If its empty, it must be for a reason. Habitation is too recent on this island for this place to be that old. I say we explore inside of a few houses.

Zerkai
2010-08-16, 07:04 PM
Nola

"I doubt they'll be any treasures in this place. It looks as if this village has been attacked. Maybe we should try to find natives in the more intact houses?"

Alth Falath
2010-08-19, 05:29 PM
Densharr
Densharr starts looking into the nicer houses, trying to find a clue as to what caused this, or interesting items.

Yucca
2010-08-24, 09:31 PM
The party spreads out and begins searching the settlement. Using the buddy system they make sure that someone is always guarding while the other is searching. In the buildings they find what would be normal for a small town. Some were lived in, some were granaries, some were livestock.

The doors were small, sized for something between a halfling and a human. On many of them it looks like something much larger than a human forced its way through. Darcast notices hatches in the roof along the trunk of the tree in one of the houses. After he points them out, they are noticed in most of the structures.

Within the settlement the building seem to be clustered into groups. Each group contained most types of buildings, as well as (currently overgrown) gardens and what seems to be an orchard of fruit bearing trees.

But something went wrong. The gardens are overgrown with weeds, the fruit trees are untended and piles of fruit rot on the forest floor around them. Inside the buildings it is clear that many of the doors were broken in. The granaries and barns have suffered less damage, some none at all. Food has also begun to rot in the pantries and larders in the houses.

Black stains are not on the floor of every building, but on many.

In terms of useful material objects that are found, several caches of javelins are found, as well as what seems like a botanists lab in one of the buildings.

Tikara recognizes some of the apparatus as seemingly similar to items in his poison making lab.

One building houses an obvious alter that has been inlaid with a colorful polished wood and large pieces of obsidian.

No written material is found anywhere in the buildings.

Alth Falath
2010-08-24, 11:09 PM
"Interesting, but so far useless," Densharr says with a sigh, having gotten bored. "Let's continue on"

Zerkai
2010-08-26, 11:20 AM
Nola

"Hold up, we should make use of any fresh fruit on these trees, gather more supplies for the road." She remarked, walking towards one of the hatches. She ran a white furred hand over it before trying to open it.

Yucca
2010-08-27, 09:47 PM
The hatch Nola pressed on opened stiffly. Running up from it were grooves like handles in the trunk of the tree. Old grooves, ones that had been used over and over again.

Looking at the trees the party can see that there is an amount of fresh fruit still on them. It might take some time to harvest it, but there is a potential for a good amount of food to be gained.

Keld Denar
2010-08-28, 04:55 PM
Clothilde

Clotty tentatively tries to climb the grooves like a ladder.

Yucca
2010-08-28, 09:02 PM
Squeezing through the hatch that was clearly made for someone smaller, Clotty finds herself in the branches in the tree above one of the buildings. The scratch marks head off in one direction and along a one of the larger branches. the branches have been pruned away from the path the grooves take.

Clotty climbs back down and reports that although clearly made for much smaller users, the hatches lead to a second exit from the buildings. One that would allow a quick and difficult to spot escape from anything on the forest floor.

Alth Falath
2010-08-29, 08:38 PM
"So, who wants to go up the small hole. It's a wee bit of a tight fit for me"

jojolagger
2010-08-29, 08:42 PM
I'll go. says Darcast, invisibly moving to check the hatch.

Yucca
2010-08-31, 08:52 PM
Darcast flies up through the hatch and returns after a short time. He reports the same as Clotty, only without the complaint of the route being intended for someone smaller. He moves among the clumps of buildings and has similar things to say about all of the hatches.

It is now past noon. The day still has many hours left in it, but if the party delays longer in the village they may as well camp there for the evening.

Alth Falath
2010-09-02, 04:34 PM
"Since it would seem that this place has been abandoned, let us camp here for the night in the comfort of beds and move on in the morning"

Keld Denar
2010-09-02, 04:50 PM
Clothilde

I agree.

Zerkai
2010-09-03, 05:46 AM
Nola

"I agree too. And if we spend the night, we might encounter survivors... I'll gather some fruit after we've set up camp, we could use more supplies."

Yucca
2010-09-03, 02:05 PM
Nola spends some time collecting fruit from the trees. It is soft and ripe, with a faint fuzz on the rind. It tastes sweet, and has a lot of juice. Judging from the size of the orchard relative to the gardens, this fruit was the main food source for whatever lived there.

The party makes use of the rest of the day for a very through search of the remaining buildings. They collect the several caches of javalins, and count fifty eight of them from various places around the settlement. Near three of the caches they find small bladders of paste, similar to the paste found in near the lab like setup in one of the buildings. They also find some small pieces of jewelry, a polished hardwood with obsidian and agate.

The party sets up cam in one of the large, intact buildings. The rudimentary beds (more cots really) are too small for anyone but Darcast. But the roof over head is better than the tent that has been in use, and the walls provide for a much more secure watch.

The watches pass without incident. Morning comes. As agreed on, Darcast activates his eternal wand of Identify over the bracers and the long bow.
Bracers of Dex +2
+1 flaming longbow

jojolagger
2010-09-06, 01:17 PM
"Well if anyone was here they would have heard us by now. either no one is here or they don't want to be found. Let's mark it down on the map and move on, we can come back later."

Keld Denar
2010-09-17, 01:51 AM
Clothilde

I agree. Lets move out.