PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]God-Blooded Templates

Shadowbane
2010-04-03, 01:20 PM
Hey all, do you have any idea of what a Moradin-Blooded template would do or look like? I want to make one...but I have no ideas.

Since this is based on a WoTC template, I'm putting this here instead of homebrew.

arguskos
2010-04-03, 01:25 PM
The physical change should give them the beard of Moradin, make it clear that Moradin has granted them a great boon.

Obviously, you get Divine Endurance.

The two special abilities are much harder to pin down. I'd say a spiritual weapon effect once per day, summoning the Hammer of Moradin to smite the Moradin-Blooded's foes, and perhaps a passive effect that grants increased abilities to slay orcs and goblinoids, the foulest enemies of Moradin's people.

Honestly, Moradin is not a very interesting god, which makes this sorta tough to create something unique and fun.

Deth Muncher
2010-04-03, 01:31 PM
Perhaps the secondary effect should be granting them an Anymug?

Shadowbane
2010-04-03, 02:10 PM
I think Divine Endurance, Spiritual Weapon (DC 12 + Wisdom Modifier) 1/day, and, as a swift action, +4 to attack/damage rolls, +8 against orcs/goblinoids?

arguskos
2010-04-03, 02:23 PM
I think Divine Endurance, Spiritual Weapon (DC 12 + Wisdom Modifier) 1/day, and, as a swift action, +4 to attack/damage rolls, +8 against orcs/goblinoids?
That looks good. I assume the goblinoid boosts is 1/day as well, right?

Shadowbane
2010-04-03, 02:27 PM
Oop, yes it is.

Thanks for your help!

arguskos
2010-04-03, 02:28 PM
Oop, yes it is.

Thanks for your help!
Happy to be of aid.

Shadowbane
2010-04-04, 02:12 AM
In a similar vein to my last question, what would be a good fit for Corellon-Blooded? Divine Endurance, the same bonus against orcs...and?

Runestar
2010-04-04, 05:11 AM
Corellon excels in archery, wizardry and swordplay. I am thinking that maybe the template could grant the arcane channeling ability (as the duskblade). If you already have said ability, perhaps it might grant a +2 to-hit when using it?

Kinda slanted towards gishes though.

Corellon's grace: ???

Ernir
2010-04-04, 07:19 AM
Corellon's grace: ???

The ability to add your Dex to the damage of a longsword. :smallyuk:

Nai_Calus
2010-04-04, 09:36 AM
The ability to add your Dex to the damage of a longsword. :smallyuk:

The ability to use one with freaking Weapon Finesse.

Also, a +2 to all Craft/Perform checks and the ability to use Perform checks untrained. Corellon is a god of arts and music, after all.

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-04, 10:15 AM
What's the God-blooded template, and how does it work?

Shadowbane
2010-04-04, 10:20 AM
How about allowing Weapon Finesse to apply to a longsword (as a permanent ability), Divine Endurance, and +2 to all craft/perform checks.

Since I'm going to wend my way through my favorite deities here, Olidammara. Divine Endurance, +2 to all stealth/perform/acrobatics skill checks, and...?

Runestar
2010-04-04, 04:31 PM
How about allowing Weapon Finesse to apply to a longsword (as a permanent ability), Divine Endurance, and +2 to all craft/perform checks.

Not enough to warrant a full +1cr, IMO, as this represents just an average increment of +1 damage (from a rapier).

The ability to use dex to determine both to-hit and damage bonus on a longsword however...:smallcool: (this could probably count as 1 of the 2 special abilities).

Bibliomancer
2010-04-04, 04:43 PM
Not enough to warrant a full +1cr, IMO, as this represents just an average increment of +1 damage (from a rapier).

The ability to use dex to determine both to-hit and damage bonus on a longsword however...:smallcool: (this could probably count as 1 of the 2 special abilities).

Seconded.

The other ability should be spellcasting as a first level wizard, or +1 wizard spellcasting if the character is a wizard, given that Corellon is the elven inventor of magic. (Boccob could arguably also include sorcery).

Runestar
2010-04-04, 04:56 PM
Would it be too overpowering if we allowed dex to be applied as damage to both longswords and bows? (Corellon is the master of both sword and bow afterall).

Also, should the dex bonus to damage replace str, or added on top of it?

I like the spellcasting idea. Though it means the ability may not scale properly. What about the ability to cast a single spell 1/day as a SLA, and the lv of this spell scales with your HD?

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-04, 10:11 PM
Access to the silverbeard paladin spell from Magic of Faerūn seems like a must.

"Your beard grows longer, and adds to your AC"

Callus Darkmore
2010-07-18, 08:35 AM
What book is the God Bloooded Template in because I can't find it I have looked through all my books, or do I just have to wing it and create my own template?

PersonMan
2010-07-18, 08:40 AM
What book is the God Bloooded Template in because I can't find it I have looked through all my books, or do I just have to wing it and create my own template?

It's in the MM5, I think.

Psyx
2010-07-18, 08:48 AM
"The ability to use dex to determine both to-hit and damage bonus on a longsword however... (this could probably count as 1 of the 2 special abilities)."

Would be grim. This normally takes several levels of a specific prestige class to pull off.

Dex can be used as a bonus to hit with longsword (assuming nothing is wielded in the other hand) and spear via a Greyhawk regional feat from Dragon. It also gives +2 to confirm with a bow.

Murdim
2010-07-18, 09:16 AM
"The ability to use dex to determine both to-hit and damage bonus on a longsword however... (this could probably count as 1 of the 2 special abilities)."

Would be grim. This normally takes several levels of a specific prestige class to pull off.
Actually, you can get Dex to damage with Daggers, Short Swords, Sais, Sianghams, Unarmed Strikes and Spiked Chains at the cost of three feats (Martial Study, Martial Stance and Shadow Blade), or one feat and one level in Swordsage.