PDA

View Full Version : I need a new gaming group.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-03, 10:52 PM
What says on the title.

Due some unavoidable circumtances my current gaming group is kinda dissolving, by that I mean we are still gathering for some sessions every once in a while; but those sessions are rare and usually it is only a session every month or so.

Since I want to continue playing on a regular basis, I have started looking for a new group, but my luck is ... rather poor.

So far I have started a thread on the recruitment sub-forum of this page, but the only responses I have, are my bumps to it.

I can't really look for one in my FLGS since it is a bit far from my home and the group that gathers there is infrequent, gathers on a day I can't and plays 4e (which I don't like very much)

I also looked on meetup, but the last post concerning D&D is about a year and a half old.

So does anybody has a suggestion of other ways I can look?
Thanks in advance

Oh and before I forget I am in México City.

Edit: When I googled D&D mexico the second suggestion was a link to my own thread :smallsigh:

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-03, 11:09 PM
You could try hitting up the traditional games section of the Image Board That Shall Not Be Named, but that may or may not be the best of ideas out there.

You could try to find a game on the PBP forums here and join that, but that's probably not quite what you want.

As you're in a relatively large city, you may be able to Google the area for hobby shops, which could give you an idea of how many people may be available for gaming. On a similar note, local colleges may have gaming clubs in them, too.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-03, 11:13 PM
By the image forum you mean... 4Chan?

As I edited before I googled d&d mexico and was sent to my thread in the recruitment forum

I am in some PbP games here but it isn't just the same.

Thanks, I'll try to google hobby shop.. I might get lucky

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-03, 11:19 PM
By the image forum you mean... ?

Regrettably, yes.

As I edited before I googled d&d mexico and was sent to my thread in the recruitment forum

I am in some PbP games here but it isn't just the same.

Thanks, I'll try to google hobby shop.. I might get lucky

Ah, I was typing that before the edit, so I missed that. I do understand how PBP doesn't quite fill the same sense "gaming" that actual tabletop does, so I can't blame you there. Best of luck on the hobby shop search though. I'd open up with "Mexico City Games" or the like.

Lord of Syntax
2010-04-03, 11:22 PM
I love 4chan so much!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-03, 11:22 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

BobVosh
2010-04-03, 11:36 PM
I've seen posts of this nature on craigslist. No clue how successful it is though.

valadil
2010-04-03, 11:57 PM
I can't really look for one in my FLGS since it is a bit far from my home and the group that gathers there is infrequent, gathers on a day I can't and plays 4e (which I don't like very much)

Maybe playing at your FLGS isn't an option, but you can still meet other players there. Just chat with people. Or ask if they have a bulletin board where you can leave contact info.