PDA

View Full Version : Egg Bonking

Trobby
2010-04-04, 04:05 PM
Who else on the playground is taking part in the annual egg-bonking tradition of Easter?

Better yet, who else on the playground KNOWS what egg-bonking is?

I will be impressed if any of you know. :smallwink:

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-04-04, 04:16 PM
Is that the same as egg rolling? Because my family does that every year at Ide Hill, to the surprise of those having a pub lunch across the road. Consequently, you now know where I was today. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2010-04-04, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure, but from what the word sounds like, it really is a tradition around here. Everyone does it.

Edit: if it's egg rolling, then no. What I mean is smashing two boiled eggs together, the one who breaks his egg loses.

Trobby
2010-04-04, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure, but from what the word sounds like, it really is a tradition around here. Everyone does it.

Edit: if it's egg rolling, then no. What I mean is smashing two boiled eggs together, the one who breaks his egg loses.

THAT is Egg Bonking! Congratulations, good sir. You win Easter.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-04-04, 05:21 PM
Bah. I shall be rolling eggs 'til kingdom come.

Seffbasilisk
2010-04-04, 06:03 PM
I've been told it's a Lebanese tradition, and used to do it as a child. Not certain of the spelling, but it's called phonetically at least, Fettis.

Lioness
2010-04-04, 07:11 PM
I did it! I celebrated orthodox Easter with BF's family, and they did it.

And he won :(

But oh well. His egg was chosen by Babushka for him, which is why it was a good one. She has years of experience.

Kneenibble
2010-04-04, 09:28 PM
I'll bonk your eggs.

For a price.

Deth Muncher
2010-04-04, 09:51 PM
I'll bonk your eggs.

For a price.

You had to go there, didn't you.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-04-04, 10:38 PM
I've been doing it with my family since as long as I could remember and physically hold an egg... But then, I am Russian, where everyone does it, so this makes it a moot point.

Mattarias, King.
2010-04-04, 10:42 PM
I've been told it's a Lebanese tradition, and used to do it as a child. Not certain of the spelling, but it's called phonetically at least, Fettis.

Hah, yeah, that's what I grew up knowing. Too bad I missed it this year. AB. :smallfrown:

Still, I got to bonk my dad upside the head with an egg pretty good, so it wasn't ALL missed. :smallbiggrin:

Ravens_cry
2010-04-05, 12:34 AM
*snerk*
Ah, euphemisms, what would I do without you (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bonking)?:smallamused:

FinalJustice
2010-04-05, 12:58 AM
The only easter tradition I follow is buying a huge and overpriced chocolate egg, with chocolate inside it, and eat said chocolate.

And this year, I will wait until after easter, so the prices drop. So far, I always got my easter egg full price, then went to the supermarket the week after and got another one 'because is so much cheaper now it's worth it'. I'm skipping to the another one and getting the best chocolate I can get my paws on, hopefully a Ferrero Rocher or, god forbid, a Lindt. A Lindt Easter egg. Oh, the dream...