PDA

View Full Version : Hack and Slash/Dungeon Crawling

Volthawk
2010-04-05, 05:34 AM
Right, here's the thread. Before we start, I have a question: What order will you be in? Once I know that I'll put the map up.

Duskranger
2010-04-05, 05:39 AM
I think I will be second. Right behind the first. So I can attack (Spiked chain) and heal if necessary (clericstuff)

Deca
2010-04-05, 05:54 AM
I'll be in the middle roundabouts so I am relatively protected from enemies and my spells can reach anyone in the group.

HempRope
2010-04-05, 07:24 AM
So that leaves me to be first or last?

It depends on where we are. If we're opening a door, Aefel (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=195943) should be next to (or if we have to single file, behind) Evar (http://www.roguepenguin.com/castellar/profiler/view.php?id=4989). Deca, I know that puts Bing (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=195772) in the back, but with all due respect, he doesn't have any combat spells, and it doesn't make sense for him to go through a door early, if he even goes through at all. I'm assuming, obviously, that Valleron (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=195785) with go first.
(Thought it would be good to have all the sheets linked into this thread.)

If we're walking down a corridor Aefel will be about 50'-60' ahead of everyone else scouting.

EDIT:
Oh, yeah -- what's the premise for this game? How do we know each other, what are we doing, where are we, why are we here, and what's the meaning of life?

Duskranger
2010-04-05, 07:27 AM
I think wizard should not be back. Rogue should be up front, Paladin at back. Rogue for scouting purposes, paladin for backattack so to speak. That's what I would suggest anyway.

HempRope
2010-04-05, 07:32 AM
The paladin is the closest thing we have to a meatshield. She should be in front, especially when going through a door (at which point enemies are unlikely to be sneaking up on the characters unless they stand there for 20 minutes). When they're walking down a corridor, I would suggest Valleron - Bing - Evar, with Aefel scouting.

And I just realized that this is the IC thread, not the OOC thread. We should probably be discussing this there, where is that?

Duskranger
2010-04-05, 07:34 AM
The paladin is the closest thing we have to a meatshield. She should be in front, especially when going through a door (at which point enemies are unlikely to be sneaking up on the characters unless they stand there for 20 minutes). When they're walking down a corridor, I would suggest Valleron - Bing - Evar, with Aefel scouting.

And I just realized that this is the IC thread, not the OOC thread. We should probably be discussing this there, where is that?

Not available.

HempRope
2010-04-05, 07:43 AM
You mean there isn't one? I suppose it could be fun to keep it all merged together. Easier, maybe.

Volthawk
2010-04-05, 07:45 AM
You mean there isn't one? I suppose it could be fun to keep it all merged together. Easier, maybe.

That was the idea, as you don't really need to have separations for RPing.

Oh, and by the way, feel free to metagame.

Duskranger
2010-04-05, 07:48 AM
'First of all, where am I, this is not the plane I come from. Second, who are you and where are you from. Third what are we going to do here'

OOC:

Think that this way is better. Besides, I already start a little bit of RP found it needed here.

Volthawk
2010-04-05, 08:00 AM
OK, you are all in a corridor, with a door in front of you. Behind you is a brick wall.

Map so far:

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/Dungeon1.png
Red line= door
The letters are your character's initials. That is where you are.

HempRope
2010-04-05, 08:12 AM
Aefel

A short elven woman in dark leather armor looks around her in confusion, and draws a longsword from her belt.

"Who are you?" she exclaims. "Where are we, how did we get here, why are we here, and what's the meaning of life?!"

Duskranger
2010-04-05, 08:20 AM
Evar
'Is there a meaning of life than. And drawing thine weapon is not really necessary m'lady. Evar says polite. 'On the other hand, staying here is also not the smartest thing to do. Shall we move on?'

HempRope
2010-04-05, 08:37 AM
Aefel

"I've no idea, but who are you and where are we?"

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-05, 10:16 AM
Valleron

The dashing and valiant Paladin takes his place at the front, as the protector of the weak and needy. Seems like the way back is blocked, and we must continue forward. Is there a door knocker? Doesn't seem so. Valleron knocks on the door with the hilt of his sword. Let us in!
OOCSorry. Had to dump one ability score... INT got the shaft.

Deca
2010-04-05, 05:30 PM
Bingledon

The short pudgy gnome recoils as the woman draws her sword.

"Yaah! Don't hurt me!"

A weasel worms it's way out his robes and hisses at the women before Bingledon stuffs it back into his pocket.

HempRope
2010-04-05, 05:46 PM
Aefel

Assuming nothing happens at the door, the elf keeps on talking.

"Seriously, before we go through that door, I want to know who you are. I guess, for starts... I'm Aefel. A dungeoness by trade. And I can weild this sword, so don't cross me."

Deca
2010-04-05, 06:02 PM
Bingledon

Staying away from the women's sword, he spoke.

"I am Bingledon, Mage-For-Hire, 20th Class."

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-05, 06:17 PM
I am Valleron Antarra, a Knight Protector of Her Royal Highness Queen Shenabra, brought here by forces beyond my comprehension. I suggest we show courtesy to the denizens of this place. But, if they do not return in kind and attack us instead, we should be swift to put them to sword.

Duskranger
2010-04-06, 12:58 AM
Evar Narce, Ghaele Eladrin from Celestia, I would suggest we go on, but with caution. You never know what lurks behind these doors. So thread carefully. And please be carefull.

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 03:47 AM
Evar Narce, Ghaele Eladrin from Celestia, I would suggest we go on, but with caution. You never know what lurks behind these doors. So thread carefully. And please be carefull.

What, are you knitting or something?

HempRope
2010-04-06, 03:48 AM
Aefel

"Pleasure to meet you all. We'll leave the where, how and why parts for later. In the meantime, let me have a look at that door before you get us all blown up," Aefel says in a no-nonsense voice, sheathing her sword and squeezing past her now-comrades to assume her roguely duties.

OOC
[roll0]

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-06, 07:57 PM
Valleron

So, while we're waiting for the Elven Dame to conclude her ritual, can you good gents tell me more about yourselves? For example, what kind of magic would you be a disciple of, good Wizard?

Deca
2010-04-06, 09:32 PM
Bingledon

"Wha..huh? Oh. Magic? Oh, I majored in Transmutation. I'm not very good at it though..."

HempRope
2010-04-07, 03:29 AM
Yeah, volthawk, waiting on you. He's been posting in other threads...

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 03:36 AM
About me there's not much to tell, I'm afraid, I'm nothing else than an outsider from another plane. The question is why am I here.

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 04:52 AM
Will you open the door?

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 05:00 AM
OOC: The question is more has the rogue found something. I would enjoy to open the door, but not my call.

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 05:01 AM
OOC: The question is more has the rogue found something. I would enjoy to open the door, but not my call.

Oh, right :smallredface:

You don't find anything in or around the door. It seems to be a standard, untrapped door.

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 05:04 AM
Real turn:
Did you find any traps, if not let me go ahead and open the door. See if we can escape from here.

OOC;

In that case I step as far as possible back and let the rogue open the door. Why take chances :smallbiggrin:

HempRope
2010-04-07, 07:38 AM
Aefel

"Nothing. Bang your way through."

Aefel retreats to her original place in the hall, squeezing past Valleron and Evar, and takes her bow from her back.

Dusk, can you post Evar's name at the top of your post? At least for a little while so I can learn it. Cheers!

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 08:42 AM
Through the door, you are at an intersection. To your left, the corridor quickly stops at a door. Straight on, the corridor continues until stopping at another door.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/Dungeon1-1.png

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-07, 08:52 AM
Valleron
Well lady Aefel, your trap-removal ritual seems to have worked, since we encountered no traps. Would you do the honors of performing said ritual again at one of the following doors? I would search for traps myself, but I'm a bit far-sighted.

HempRope
2010-04-07, 10:22 AM
Can we keep putting names at the tops of posts, please? I'm bad enough with names in real life.

Aefel

Aefel is already pushing past the others when Valleron speaks.

"Of course," she says, as she begins scouring the alcove in which the closest door is set, for anything dangerous.

When this is done, she puts her ear next to the door, listening for anything from the other side, and then checks the door itself for traps. She repeats the same routine at the other door. Her clothes stay on.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 10:24 AM
On the other side of the door, you can hear quiet moans.

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 11:07 AM
Evar

And?

HempRope
2010-04-07, 11:54 AM
Aefel

(A) Which door?

(B) I assume no traps on either?

(C) Can she tell anything about the species, gender, language, or cause of the moans?

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 12:12 PM
Aefel

(A) Which door?

(B) I assume no traps on either?

(C) Can she tell anything about the species, gender, language, or cause of the moans?

A) The higher door on the map-you said closest.

B) None on that door.

C) Not really, although there seems to be no emotion in them.

HempRope
2010-04-07, 12:17 PM
Aefel

"There's some soft moaning coming from the other side," Aefel whispers as she moves from the first door to the second. After searching the second, she shakes her head and mouths, "Nothing."

She motions the others to take up position at the door with the moaning and draws her bow again.

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 12:21 PM
Evar

Shall I open the door, where after, you can enter Valleron. Or before that Aefel can fire her bow. Bingledon, you can better stay back until we have this under control I would hate to lose a possible friend. If they are friendly inside there, good, if they are unfriendly, make them hurt.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-07, 12:21 PM
Valleron's sword is at the ready. I will be honored to go first, if that is the group's opinion. If monsters those be, they will taste steel in no time, but we best hope we're not interrupting a ... private gathering.

HempRope
2010-04-07, 12:46 PM
Aefel

"Ssshhhhhhhh!" hisses Aefel quietly.

I hope we are interrupting something conjugal, I'd prefer that over a fight, and they can tell us where the frick we are!

Duskranger
2010-04-07, 01:00 PM
Evar

Go ahead Valleron, open the door, so we can find out what will be behind door number 1.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-07, 01:14 PM
Seeing as this is the concensus of the group, Valleron opens the door, and takes a peek inside, smiling, just in case. Sword is drawn, also just in case.

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 01:20 PM
Inside the room, you see...

TWO ZOMBIES!!!

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-07, 01:23 PM
Valleron only has one response to Zombie scum! Initiative [roll0] Also, how far are they?

HempRope
2010-04-07, 01:35 PM
Can you tell us more about the room they're in?

[roll0]

Deca
2010-04-07, 04:04 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 04:20 PM
The room is square, with the two rotting zombie in the two far corners, about 15ft away. Between the two is a chest.

Duskranger
2010-04-08, 12:40 AM
Initiative:
[roll0]

My turn: Walk till first option of attack (left zombie), attack (attackroll:[roll1] and hit for [roll2] damage. Than do a 5 feet step back. So they must use a moveaction to come towards me and I will get a AoO.

Turn ended.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-08, 01:04 AM
Might as well take my turn too. Charge!

Charge-attack the left Zombie [roll0] (incl. charge bonus)
damage [roll1]
-2 AC until my next action

OOCThe wizard actually goes before me. So if he has an area effect or something, I'm not in the room yet

Deca
2010-04-08, 01:12 AM
Well it seems like the gnome has the Initiative.

Bingledon:

The wizard quickly sidesteps several of the adventurers until he runs past Valleron.
'Go with my blessing!'
He waves his hands around before placing them on Valleron to create a field of protective energy around the paladin.

Mechanically, Bingledon moved his 20ft into the square just to the right of Valleron. I can't recall the rules whether a Small creature can move through a group of Medium creatures like that but as long as they're willing it should be fine. Once there, he casts Protection From Evil on Valleron. End his turn.

HempRope
2010-04-08, 04:31 AM
I don't really understand where people are (map?), but here's Aefel's actions assuming she acts before the zombies. If they go first, I'll post something else.

Aefel

The elf jumps down the hallway to get a good sight on the zombies. The paladin has her view of one blocked, but she can just get a shot off at the one the weird guy with the chain attacked, and sends a long arrow straight at its torso.

[roll0] [roll1]
AC: 17 HP: 8

Deca, Mage Armor doesn't stack with Valleron's chain mail. (Though the move is fine, allied characters can move through each others squares regardless of size, as long as they end their move in an open square.)

Duskranger
2010-04-08, 04:53 AM
@Aefel
You probably act before me

OOC:
I think they will be dead

Deca
2010-04-08, 04:57 AM
OOC

>_>
<_<

@HempRope: I didn't cast Mage Armour. You saw nothing.

HempRope
2010-04-08, 05:06 AM
You probably act before meMy bad. Retcon that to not mention spiked chains.

I think they will be deadAgreed. Unless they're advanced a little.

Deca
2010-04-08, 05:14 AM
Agreed. Unless they're advanced a little.

Note that the DM hasn't mentioned what type of zombies they are. They could be zombified Wyrmling Dragons for all we know.

I seriously doubt it but it would be hilarious.

Duskranger
2010-04-08, 05:15 AM
Note that the DM hasn't mentioned what type of zombies they are. They could be zombified Wyrmling Dragons for all we know.

I seriously doubt it but it would be hilarious.

The best zombie is a zombie that has been sliced and diced and gives xp to me :smallbiggrin:

Volthawk
2010-04-10, 08:10 AM
Valleron, you don't have a clear path to the zombies, so no charge.

HempRope
2010-04-10, 10:24 AM
Any chance of a map, or if not, a more detailed description of how we're set up, then? I don't understand why she doesn't have a clear path.

Volthawk
2010-04-10, 10:27 AM
Any chance of a map, or if not, a more detailed description of how we're set up, then? I don't understand why she doesn't have a clear path.

Oh, sorry. I was thinking the rogue was in front.

Map coming up in a bit.

Oh, and can you put your character's names at the top of your posts please? It helps.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-12, 12:27 PM
Hi. Bump?!

Duskranger
2010-04-12, 12:38 PM
Did we croak the zombies?

HempRope
2010-04-12, 03:06 PM
I was waiting for a map that was supposed to be forthcoming? Or a resolution of the combat round.

Btw volt you can probably post enemy Init when you open combat since we're not going hardcore about the roleplaying.

Volthawk
2010-04-12, 03:35 PM
Right...

One zombie nearly collapses before the barrage of blows, but not before striking out at Valleron during his charge (AOO), and strikes him again. The other starts to lurch forwards, following the wall.

Attack Of Opportunity
Slam
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Attack on Valleron
Slam
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Aefel, you get an attack of opportunity.

HempRope
2010-04-12, 03:43 PM
No, she's not weilding a melee weapon. Also... maybe these are abnomal zombies, but the standard model only gets a standard action every round, so they can't move and attack in the same turn. Though it doesn't matter since the attack missed.

Aefel

The elf somersaults ([roll0]) away from the creature into the opposite corner of the room and lets another arrow loose into its decaying flesh.

[roll1] [roll2]
AC: 17 HP: 8

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-12, 03:47 PM
Valleron

Alright, let's finish off the Zombie next to me. [roll0] attack, [roll1] damage.

HP 5, AC 16 18 (forgot about Protection from Evil)

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-12, 03:49 PM
I assume that does him in. And 5' step outside the other Zombie's range. I'll chanrge him next round if need be.

Volthawk
2010-04-12, 03:53 PM
The zombie in the corner collapses (he wasn't on the map there). Aefel's acrobatics fails, and the zombie still managed to try and hit her. The arrow also missed. The zombie lumbers after her.

Attack of Opportunity
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

And 5' step outside the other Zombie's range. I'll change him next round if need be.

Not necessary.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx342/LBF-Volthawk/Dungeon1.png

Duskranger
2010-04-13, 01:08 AM
Evar

Evar as evilhating as he is does one 5' step towards the zombie (getting in front of B) and takes another whack at the zombie with his spiked chain.

Attackroll:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If threat:

confirmroll:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Volthawk
2010-04-13, 07:52 AM
Evar completely misses the zombie.

Duskranger
2010-04-13, 10:43 AM
OOC: I got that when I saw the roll. Sigh the dice were against me :smallbiggrin:

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-14, 07:57 PM
Valleron

So....are we waiting on the Wizard to take a turn? Or is it the Zombies turn? Whenever my turn rolls along, Greatsword attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

HempRope
2010-04-15, 03:18 AM
If only you could switch those rolls...

I was waiting for the wizard, but all Aefel is doing next round is taking total defense, so it doesn't matter.

Btw, we shouldn't have let the zombie get that middle square. Tactical error.

Lin Bayaseda
2010-04-18, 04:51 PM
Valleron's sword seems to be stuck in mid-swing for a few days now.
I wonder what's up with this game. Is it still alive?

HempRope
2010-04-18, 05:13 PM
I'd given up on it. Volthawk's been posting plenty, just not here. Will start hunting for a replacement game. :smallsigh:

Duskranger
2010-04-19, 12:46 AM
In that case it was fun guys. Too bad it had to end this way. Hope that this game will go on eventually.