PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Crazy Grappler

strider24seven
2010-04-05, 09:05 AM
Just a crazy idea I've come up with after a few threads I've read/started. Tell me what you guys think.

Some assumptions:
1) You can take regional feats/classes by spending 2 ranks in Knowledge (Local) or roleplay. Here, they would be Battle Jump, Snow Tiger Berzerker, and Telflammar Shadowlord. No heartburn there, I hope.
2) Falling is a free action. I believe this is actually stated in either the PHB, DMG, or SRD, but I can't remember at the moment.
3) Snap Kick works off of any attack, including AoO's and those granted by Sun School. Not necessary, but it helps tremendously.
4) You can use Tome of Battle maneuvers while raging. If your DM disagrees, then don't rage.
5) Unarmed Strike is both a light weapon and a natural attack. I believe this is stated explicitly in the SRD. Also, natural attacks can be treated as secondary weapons with unarmed strikes in full attacks.
6) You are not actually going to play this build, because your DM will deal your head numerous d6's of damage. The DMG is a bludgeoning weapon, IIRC.

The build:
Human
Arcane Hunter Ranger 1/Fighter 2/Bear Totem Barbarian 2/Swordsage 3/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Black Blood Cultist 8

Take Shadow Hand Maneuvers with your Swordsage levels.

The necessary feats:
PrC qualification: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Track (Ranger bonus), Improved Unarmed Strike.
To make the build work: Snow Tiger Berzerker, Sun School, Snap Kick, Adaptive Style
Optional: Power attack+Imp. Bullrush+Shock Trooper, Cleave+Great Cleave, Craven, Superior Unarmed Strike, Aberrant Blood+Inhuman Reach+Deepspawn, Leap attack.

The tactics: You get three teleports every turn, plus a charge attack for double damage from Battle Jump. Possibly more than one depending on your DM's reading of Battle Jump. It's best to fight unarmed, but you can use a weapon if you wish, preferably a light one with reach.

Your Full Attack when raging should be 4 unarmed strikes, 2 Claws, 1 Bite. More if you take Deepspawn or have other natural weapons.

Bamf 5' above Enemy 1
1)Sun School single attack+snap kick. If the either attack hits, grapple the enemy and skip to the grapple stage.
2)Shadow Pounce full attack+snap kick. If any attack hits, grapple the enemy, and skip to grapple stage.

Bamf 5' above Enemy 2
1)Sun School single attack+snap kick. If the either attack hits, grapple the enemy and skip to the grapple stage.
2)Shadow Pounce full attack+snap kick. If any attack hits, grapple the enemy, and skip to grapple stage.

Bamf 5' above Enemy 3
3)Fall 5' onto your enemy activating Battle Jump.
a)If your enemy is good in a grapple (i.e. bigger than you), use the grapple
option to treat yourself 1 size larger
b)If your enemy is weak (i.e. same size or smaller), use the charge option
to pounce him for double damage. If any attack hits, grapple him.

If you kill any enemy before finishing any full attack, you can use your remaining attacks on adjacent foes, since you now occupy your foe's square (or you will if you fall as a free action). Grapple if necessary.

If an enemy is killed, and an enemy is adjacent to him, you can Cleave him if you have the feats. Single Attack+Snap Kick. If you hit him, grapple him.

If an enemy is grapple, do what you wish, but make certain you do something with a grapple check so you can use Savage Grapple.

If you have Leap Attack, and you face a powerful foe, charge your foe, jumping at least 10' during the charge, and Shadow Blink 5' above your foe. Get your Sun School, Shadow Pounce, and Snap Kicks in. Do NOT grapple yet. Fall and use the Battle Jump charge to do double normal damage and triple PA damage. Now you may grapple.

If you have reach/Inhuman reach, you can destroy large areas of foes by smacking them, grappling them, and savaging them. The more natural weapons you have, the easier this is. Yes, this build is pretty cheesy and is theoretical for the most part.

Battle Jump and Telflammar Shadowlord are from Unapproachable East, Black Blood Cultist is from Champions of Ruin, Sun School is from Complete Warrior.

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Shenanigans?