PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PEACH Elan Race as Template

westb3
2010-04-05, 09:24 PM
This is meant to be a redux of the Elan race. It is a template that can be applied to any Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid. It is meant to be used for my homebrew world. A couple of things that I want to address in advance.

The template is meant to be a +1 LA. I would welcome points to alter the LA to a +0 BUT I do not want to try to set the LA much higher, at the max I would want more abilities (such as SR) added to make it a +2 LA. Nothing should raise it further than a +2, anything suggesting so is off topic. The power level should be high, to use the Tier system it should be a 3 or 2, possibly a 1. It has severe RP restrictions to the degree of hamstringing any character that gets out of control powerwise. This means while I want it to be balanced I want it to be a high power level, just toned down from anything that is completely out of proportion.

The same issue as the dragonwrought kobolds are present in the form of mental scores accruing and physical ones not happening, I want this to be ignored in terms of evaluating the play balance, PCs will NOT be allowed to take the race using this to give free ability points.

Changing the Ability Modifiers is completely ok, as is making the template NOT change the race (so as to make Hold Person and the similar things still apply). Points that are NOT subject to negotiation are the Naturally Psionic points (though the number could change), as are the 4 linked abilities need to be present and usable with just the PP from the template. A usable version of telepathy needs to also be present for use at all times.

Template XXXX

Humanoid and Monstrous Humanoid changes to Aberration (do not recalculate HD or skills, does gain Dark Vision 60' as most Aberrations do)

Ability Modifiers
-2 Cha
The process of transformation makes the creature less able to relate with others and seem subtly off from how they normally should be.

Naturally Psionic: XXXX gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.

Resistance (Su): XXXX can use psionic energy to increase their resistance to various forms of attack. As an immediate action, an XXXX can spend 1 power point to gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws until the beginning of her next action.

Resilience (Su): When an XXXX takes damage, she can spend power points to reduce its severity. As an immediate action, she can reduce the damage she is about to take by 2 hit points for every 1 power point she spends.

Repletion (Su): An XXXX can sustain her body without need of food or water. If she spends 1 power point, an elan does not need to eat or drink for 24 hours.

Endurance (Su): Gain the effects of Endure Elements and gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation for 24 hours.

Telepathy of 30' +15'/HD (including racial and class HD)

Immortal, no max age, no penalties to physical scores from aging.
Middle Age 200 years Old Age 400 years Venerable Age 1,000 years

Lore (as the Bardic Knowledge, or Lore feature of the Loremaster) Int+HD (racial HD or class HD count)

Medium Size Base 30

Level Adjustment: +1