PDA

View Full Version : Masters of the Void Above...(IC)

Talkkno
2010-04-05, 11:34 PM
Deep in Malfien hive spires, there lies a secluded home near the border of the noble spires and the middle hive. A nondescript home at first glance, it is a fairly small for a hive spire home, it spans no more a dozen rooms at best. The rooms are darkly lit, the only shadows cast from a few sparsely place glow globes. The libary has much the same lighting, with stacks and stacks of books and data slates, with a large central congitator in the middle of the room. There are stained glass windows on the vaulted ceiling, depicting the actions of the Emperor and several Saints, that leading to the outer skin of the hive.

Lutherius and Belisarius are deeply immersed in their library, scourging for more occult lore, as Nathia stands outside the library, not privy to her master's secrets, standing guard nonetheless just beyond the door....

(Introductions and stuff please...

Hemnon
2010-04-06, 01:05 AM
if ANYBODY want to go into the library, they need to talk to me first.
Nathia is ready for anything, allways a hand on her weapons.

(OOC: i use this Color when nathia speaks, and this one for her thoughts)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-06, 03:40 AM
Belisarius sits, contemplating a neatly laid out array of books before him. Several medical reports, dealing with sanitarium cases, of Imperial citizens guilty of self-harm. Astronomical charts. Astrological charts. A few engravings and cultural artefacts containing eclipses. An extraordinarily old, stasis preserved book of poetry, written by the hand of 'Johann of Milltown'. Delicately flipping the pages with faint telekinetic breezes, he skims over a couple of early sections - 'Losing Paradise', and 'The Areopagite' - and finds what he is looking for - 'Comus'. He reads the short piece of ancient Terran poetry, struggling only a little with the extraordinarily archaic phrasing.

This maddening flame - the light of the black sun - the Tyrant Star - Comus!

Belisarius snaps his fingers - a rather loud and unpleasant sound, given the fact that his fingers are largely made of adamantium - and shuts the book.

It's all there, connected, but of course they of the

Finger quoting ill befits a centuries old Inquisitor.

Wise and mighty Tyrantine Cabal don't feel any pressing need to see it. But what about you, Lutherious - found anything interesting in your browsings?

Saldre
2010-04-06, 09:56 AM
The rustling of papers rises from behind a stack of book, soon followed by Luterhious' cold and inhuman voice- no doubt altered by the mask he keeps over his face.

"The gazers see only the star, and fail to grasp the trail behind it- most of them lack... an open mind."

He says as he flips trough reports of sightings, studying hints of a pattern.

"These ravings are, like you suspect- the key to this mystery, but there is nothing here we have not read before..."

He says, putting aside the papers and moving over to examine a map the sector.

"Perhaps it is time to broaden our horizons- and seek out the Prophecy itself..."

Hemnon
2010-04-06, 02:26 PM
as the time go, nathia gets a little uneasy. Must be this place she thought. since sire, and his friend just sits in there i might as well join them... or not?. her internal debate keeps going a few minutes and desides in the end to join them. nathia hustle in to both of them, in her power armour without her helmet on.. ready if anyone should decide to attack, and picks up a chair on the way. she places the chair next to her master, and sits down and starts humming a sweet relaxing melodi. she then waits untill Belisarius gives the next order.
oh i hope he likes the melodi nathia was thinking.

(Ecks Dee: if you need any standard info about nathia, just ask. im quite sure belasarius would have made some research about his new ''protector'')

Ecks Dee
2010-04-06, 06:00 PM
Belisarius ***** his head at the sage, regarding him oddly.

Everyone who seeks out the prophecy directly ends up dead - they come too close for comfort, or Silas Marr or Erasmus Haarlock or someone has them covertly removed from play. We'd be guddam stormchasers. I wonder what the possibilities are for making some sort of metaphysical remote manipulator arm. Hmm.

He wanders over to the map, but then wanders back again, at a loss for how best to approach a field guarded by a group of psychopathic Inquisitor Lords. Second millennium poetry can only get him so far. He lowers his voice.

Additionally, what's your opinion on the spy that's been assigned to us? Personally, I'm rather flattered by the idea that there's anything the righteous would need to know about us that we wouldn't tell them freely, but she should make a valuable ally - if she's one of them. If not, then, well, I'll have to kill her.

He says it matter of factly - all those not of the Emperor's Elect were but ants, and could not impede The Work. While considering such happy thoughts, he makes the long walk to the door of the library, opening it and gesturing for Nathia to enter, speaking softly to her.

Nathia - please come in. We're all equals here, and, anyway, if there's anything to guard against, it's coming from there.

He vaguely indicates the occult stacks, possibly, ambiguously, faintly pointing to Lutherious. Raising his voice, a little, he continues, in a voice audible to both Agents.

Sitting in - or outside - a library on Malfi. Not exactly lacking for value, but neither is it a vulnerable territory. Would any of my fellow Agents of the Left Hand have any interest, ideas, as to a more productive use of Inquisitorial authority?

Saldre
2010-04-06, 07:39 PM
"I am certain we have both dealt with things far more dangerous than the vague promise of death... but regardless, caution is advised when dealing with the overzealous- whatever we decide must be approached with careful consideration."

He then turns to the door before it opens and sighs.

"She will no doubt prove her worth- as long as she doesn't meddle in our work directly... I do hate distractions..." He says as the Inquisitor heads to the door and invites the crusader in.

As soon as she sheets and begins humming, Lutherious lets out a rather loud cough- clearly annoyed at the sound: it seems they have started out on the wrong foot.

"I am here to provide counsel, Lord. If you wish to pursue the black star, but do not desire meddling with the Cabal just yet... we have more leads to follow: investigating the planets that have been exposed will provide more tangible results then these second hand accounts..."

Talkkno
2010-04-06, 11:16 PM
The sudden gust of wind hits the windows above....
(Awareness tests please)

Saldre
2010-04-06, 11:18 PM
Lutherious simply looks up towards the source of the sound.

[roll0] If no modifiers, its a success!

Hemnon
2010-04-07, 01:07 AM
[roll0] there is no modifier. yes!!! i have 52 in perception
nathia stop humming and was on her feet in a sec and her helmet on.

(cerebral plug: activate auspex, search for heat signs.)

(GM:where is the different heat signs and is there anything odd about them)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-07, 04:18 AM
Belisarius looks up, impassively. Wind? Malfi's not known for its wind. Semitropical. Monsoon. You'd hear the razor rain before any wind.

[roll0] vs. Perception 55 + awareness +10 = 65. If he has time, he's also going to invoke - [roll1] vs. 71, being the paranoid bugger that he is.

Seeing nothing (assuming no modifiers), his eyes continue to flit across the windows above the library. Tiny flickers of light begin to play around his edges.

Talkkno
2010-04-07, 05:51 PM
Lutherious eyes keenly notice, on the windows, their is a small humanoid sized hole that has just been recently sealed, the cracks masterfully sealed to that they are scarcely visible.

Hemnon
2010-04-07, 06:00 PM
Nathia looked around, trying to find the source of the sound, with her suits heat-vision activated.what was that?? did you see what it was sire?? she then looked at Lutherious how about you? did you see anything?? she asked. (heat vision still active).

(GM: do i notice anything while i look around???)

Saldre
2010-04-07, 07:00 PM
"That's rather peculiar- where these there before?" He asks Belisarius, then points to the hole.

"It looks as if we have had some guests."

Ecks Dee
2010-04-08, 03:55 AM
That's fine of them to seal the window after they come in, but, please, we have doors for a reason, you know ...

With his last word, there is a faint omnidirectional 'expulsion' away from the Inquisitor - the ghost of an explosion, perhaps, or a chill wind cutting directly into you.

Fettered sense presence, [roll0] vs a threshold of 7. 50m of detection. For every 5 he overbleeds by, +10m of detection.

While manifesting, he begins to trudge round the library, amicably looking about for the intruder.

Hemnon
2010-04-08, 06:43 AM
Nathia moves alongside the Inquisitor, if by any chance someone would attack him.

(is still scanning with heat-vision to locate everyone in the room).

Talkkno
2010-04-08, 07:49 PM
The Inquisitor senses a stronger then a physic "blunt" presence within the room, a few meters behind Lutherious...

(Saldre, make a dodge check)

Saldre
2010-04-08, 07:59 PM
"Behind you."

Lutherious coughs loudly, his entire body jerks- as if suffering from some great strain... Just in time for him to avoid something probably unpleasant...

[roll0]+7 Vs 11+2 (Arcana)+2 (Sublime Arts) to gain +30 to this check... [roll1].

Talkkno
2010-04-08, 08:12 PM
The adapt jerks just in time to avoid a sword thrust, a glimpse reveals a supernally crafted sword, about as long as power sword, but instead of a shimmering with a power field, it is coated with almost transparent liquid..., the figure supernaturally graceful, tall and lanky, the humanoid is dressed camoline coated armor, though it is clearly light and flexible, as it bounces back from it's failed attack behind one of the stacks 2 meters away, giving him full cover.

Saldre
2010-04-08, 08:38 PM
"How cowardly- to strike at a defenseless old man like that." He turns to the woman, as if anticipating what she's about to do.

"Watch the books- some are priceless, and worth more than your entire apparel..." He says, motioning to her suit of armor and her weapon.

Confident that he has nothing in particular to fear, he simply moves towards the Inquisitor, standing besides him as to face the Intruder.

Hemnon
2010-04-09, 12:05 AM
nathia yells out loud ''In the name of the emperor, surrender yourself and we might show mercy.''

while she draw both her weapons she slowly advance towards the attackers bookshelf.

(OOC: are there no heat signs from the attacker???

Talkkno
2010-04-09, 12:48 AM
The crusader turns to the face the book stack where the attacker dissapered, hwoever it seems the intruder left no trace.....

(Make a awareness test)

Hemnon
2010-04-09, 12:54 AM
nathia keeps going forward ,with grace, looking for the intruder....

''i can't see him on heat-vision, might be a vindicare assasin'' she says to Belisarius and Lutherious.
(cerebral plug-to power armour:cycle all vision modes to detect attacker)

[roll0] 52 in perception and +20 from the intergal auspex in her power armour helmet. huzzaa!!! nice rolling there :)

(OOC:i beated it with 5 steps and 9/10 parts)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-09, 02:54 AM
Belisarius grimaces. Too close. But at least this assassin - whatever it is, has shown its hand now, even if it seems pretty keen on hiding that hand again.

The Inquisitor flexes muscles that you couldn't quite pin down, and suddenly the air is filled with hurt. Four 'edges' - and they're nothing but edge, painful and unpleasant to look at - are now shimmering in the air about him and Lutherious, hanging ominously in the carefully filtered light of the library.

Good show, good show, whoever you are. But, well, I'm afraid, that this can't go on. Careful of that blade. Looks like it's got something nasty on it.

[roll0]+[roll1]+[roll2]+14, again, at fettered level, manifesting spectral hands to animate his Kineblades. He's keeping them close for now, though.

Talkkno
2010-04-09, 06:09 PM
Nathia manages to find the assain in the darkness, the humaniod looking at the sealed window above, it pulls out a pistol of unknown orgin and fires what appears to be a bullet, shattering the already weakened panel, as it turns to the Crusader with its sword adopting a defense stance.

Hemnon
2010-04-09, 06:23 PM
nathia looks at the assasin, aiming the Emperor's sigil at him and then yells
''Die, you son of a bitch!!!'' and then she calls lutherious and belisarius ''get over here quick, i can't protect both of you if you are too far away...''
she then pulls the trigger and the pistol begins powering up.
fire a maximal plasma shot [roll0] got 49 BS +10 for the aim. remember that im hulking size.. giving anyone trying t ohit me +10(i think)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-09, 06:44 PM
Belisarius remains where he is, and grins - a disturbing sight on a largely metallic face, and not a very helpful one. He shifts a single pace, placing his armoured bulk in front of Lutherious - his only concession to the abstract notion of 'protection', or 'safety'.

Perhaps this -

A sudden tearing of the air, as one of the nearly monodimensional slivers of metal blazes forth, streaking straight for the assassin.

- will open up -

Whoosh.

- this trespasser's -

Whoosh.

- defences ...

Whoosh.

Four blades, aimed straight for its heart.

[roll0] for initiative, by the way.

Now I've manifested spectral hands, I'm gonna cut the assassin, real good. Full action to direct all of my kineblades to attack! :smallamused:

[roll1] vs. 26, +/- any modifiers.
[roll2] vs. 26, +/- any modifiers.
[roll3] vs. 26, +/- any modifiers.
[roll4] vs. 26, +/- any modifiers.

Not rolling for damage yet, because I don't know what's happening with initiative, modifiers, and all that jazz.

EDIT:Gaah, Belisarius, so close! Forget being an Inquisitor, a life in the circus awaits!

Saldre
2010-04-09, 06:57 PM
Lutherious looks up to the window.

"Thinking of going somewhere?" He asks the assassin out loud. A crooked smile forms beneath his mask.

Fettered- Rolls in the OoC, its a success. 19+2 (arts) For Psy Barrier- aimed five meters towards the window- to keep him going trough it.
"You should use the door instead- You wouldn't fit trough the window." He says, motioning vaguely towards it.

Talkkno
2010-04-09, 07:13 PM
The barrage of blades all narrowly miss the assassin, impacting solid in the bookcase, followed by the plasma shot that hit the floor just right in-front of it, as the vapors evaporate, the would be killer is gone. Now standing on top of the bookcase, as he fires another bullet, shattering a window on the far end where is standing, you see that he pulling something out in the shuffle....

Saldre
2010-04-09, 07:29 PM
"You're not getting the message, are you?" Lutherious says and turns his attention to the new broken window.

Fettered: [roll0]+7 Vs 21 to repeat my actions on before, sealing the new window with another barrier.
"Stay a while and chat- We don't bite." He continues, with a grin- enjoying the game of cat and mouse.

Hemnon
2010-04-09, 07:48 PM
sheathing her pistol and sword, now having both hands free. nathia jumps upand try grabing the assasins feet and drag him down.

(OOC: rolling in OOC???)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-10, 03:13 AM
Beginning to tire of bantering with the assassin - when it came down to it, what good was it, really, if they don't respond? - Belisarius mentally yanks the monoblades out of the wood, and, stepping into the cover of the bookshelves, sends them arcing back in bloated curves through the air, spinning lazily on their inner axes so that their points are always seeking home ...

And again! Man, commanding a flock of razor-sharp blades was never so fun ...

[roll0] vs. 26. [roll1], pen 4 damage if it hits.
[roll2] vs. 26. [roll3], pen 4 damage if it hits.
[roll4] vs. 26. [roll5], pen 4 damage if it hits.
[roll6] vs. 26. [roll7], pen 4 damage if it hits.

Talkkno
2010-04-10, 03:45 AM
One of the blades misses, the others strike true, gutting him from the inside out as the blades slice and fro, leaving a very messy coprse on top of the bookshelf.

Hemnon
2010-04-10, 03:59 AM
nathia drags the body down from the bookshelf and dumbs it on the floor, and then she starts to study the body.

(OOC:what does the assassin look like, and does he wear a mask?)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-10, 04:14 AM
Wonderful! I should have preferred to have taken him alive, but, well, we do what we can with what we have.

Advancing cautiously, keeping the assassin literally pinned down with his blades, Belisarius cautiously advances on the rather unpleasant sight that now adorns his library. It's nothing to him - what made the assassin 'human', or at least a vital, animate, empersoned individual, its soul, spirit, animus, is long gone - but he'd rather avoid spreading it about the library any more than it already is. The possibility that it might leap up, ready for another go, also hangs heavy on his mind.

Once he's assured that the dead body is just that, he gestures to replace the Kineblades about his person, and then begins to telekinetically search what's left of the corpse. hands moving an inch from its surface, carefully examining, opening, rotating with gentle, easy waves of psychic pressure. Its weapons - a pistol? What kind? What sort of sword nearly laid Lutherious low? What's this poison? Any identifying insignia? If so, almost certainly left behind as a trap, the better to misdirect any attempts to hunt the assassin's masters down. He lacks expertise in many of these fields, but, nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to have an initial appraisal ...

Saldre
2010-04-10, 03:21 PM
"They don't make them like they used too- that's for sure."

He says, as he moves closer to the assassin's corpse. Unlike the others, he studies it for any markings associated with a specific cult or obscure faction- or any such revealing characteristics that would point to his affiliation.

[roll0]- Forbidden lore cults. [roll1]- Forbidden lore Inquisition. Dont forget, Unnatural Intel :P Woohoo!

Hemnon
2010-04-10, 05:44 PM
(Cerebral plug-integral auspex: scan for poisonous fumes, the poison may vaporize slowly like water and be detectable(?), and indetify the substance)

after a full body-scan nathia picks up the pistol he had and tries to figure out what kind of weapon it is.

''Lutherious??'' nathia then calls, awaiting his response.

Talkkno
2010-04-10, 08:37 PM
As you examine the corpse, it is clearly though at first glance appears to be human but you soon discover it is anything but man. The body is tall and slight, posses a angular face, and tall slight ears that taper gracefully. As you look at her face, you are overcome with a sense of captivating beauty that contrasts to the mangled body beneath it. On the hole ridde chest, lies a gem cut by the blades into pices no large then a thumb, each shard reflecing with crimson fury for a moment that lights up the area, before transfixing it in "merely" brilliant red luster they retain.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-10, 09:35 PM
Belisarius claps an adamant hand to his face, groaning slightly as he steps back. He was no expert, but he knew what that facial structure entailed, and vaguely what that gem meant. They'd get mad, send more after them, who'd have to be killed, et cetera, et cetera ...

What did we do this time ...

Talkkno
2010-04-10, 11:48 PM
The pistol appears to be nothing more then a stub pistol, you notice the sword's hilt has a unusual symbol scrawled in it, an eye with a tear drop.

Hemnon
2010-04-11, 06:13 PM
nathia ejects a bullet from the stub pistol and start examine the bullet, what kind is it.

Talkkno
2010-04-11, 10:49 PM
The bullet is very thin, probably a man stopper, but inside you find tiny vials of what appears to be same liquid as is what is on the sword.

Saldre
2010-04-11, 10:52 PM
"Well... That was... Interesting."

He looks away from the corpse and towards the woman.

"I am fine, Thank you for asking." He then turns to face the Inquisitor.

"At least now we have something to do, no?" He says, the same smile etched over his lips beneath his mask.

Hemnon
2010-04-12, 01:47 AM
''good to hear, but why did she only attack you??'' nathia asked lutherious, wondering if he is gonna avoid the topic

''have you ever pissed of any eldars?? cuz i doesn't make sense to atttack you if YOU are not the target'' trailing of on the last word.

''interesting, these bullets are filled with the same liquid as the coating on the sword, this look to me like someone didn't want the one who got hit to survive'' nathia said and then she dumbed the pistol on to the floor, for then to remove her helmet.

Saldre
2010-04-12, 01:56 AM
"Miss Nathia- The Assassin is cowardly, and weak: felled by a single stab wound." He says, motioning to the corpse.

"I am an elderly man, between two towering giants. My death would have been quick, efficient- easy." He continues, speculating.

"Or perhaps I was alone, behind that pile of books- while you an the Inquisitor were standing at the other side of the room." He proposes.

"Regardless, I do not claim to know how these creatures think- and I doubt you are an expert on the matter either." He finishes, turning back to his book.

"All in all, he could have planned not to leave any survivors and decided to take out the weakest link first- to rile you both up. I would not put these tactics past an assassin."

Ecks Dee
2010-04-13, 04:40 AM
Hmm, something to do, to be sure, but I must confess that I'm not exactly an expert on Xenology. They are,

and Belisarius stalks over to the corpse.

Irrelevant. Why concern oneself with mundane enemies, when there are real and metaphysical threats to contend with? Nonetheless, Nathia has a point. They're a dying race, and put great value on each of their lives, which they'll sell dearly. Glorious self-sacrifice? Not their style, I suspect. If one of them has come all the way to Malfi, to say hello to little old us, then, well, that means something's afoot. They go in for precognition, too, so that might mean something's going to be afoot. I don't know what's worse.

Stooping, he lays a hand on the cross-piece of the blade, and closes his eyes.

If I seem to be taking anything back with me, let me know.

Sorry for late posting, guys!

Fettered psychometry on the Eldar sword, and waiting, to find out who, where, why, what, as far as I can. Contacting alien minds for fun and profit is likely to be a more disturbing and unnatural experience than using simply using the power to unveil human secrets. [roll0].

Talkkno
2010-04-13, 06:27 PM
The weapon spays out a splash of the same liquid, but thanks to his mechnial nature, it fails to effect the Inquistor as the delves into the warp....

Belisarius
You see a city made all of silver-glass, captured in a crystal sphere. It is strange... it does not seem to possess the taint of the warp, and it was almost unbelievably beautiful. It is inhabited by hauntingly gorgeous beings of gold and silver, with radiant countenances and hair like flame...you focuses more and the abstraction fades as you eyes immerese yourself in a city that seems almost living, its beuty and majesty nearly overpowering, in a entirelly closed sphere.

Your sense focus further as you see the Ranger that you just laid low and a being that fuzzes in between cerulean mist and you hear it speak.

" Iam Furta CreagLeram Aual, Fir Dinillainn, fein dorchain Murekhalir, Furta...

As you attempt to focus further, Belisarius feels a massive tug in the tapestry of fate, as if some force was attempting to rend it asunder, creating a massive physic backlash that throws him once more into the land of the living....

(WP check please)

Ecks Dee
2010-04-13, 06:37 PM
Belisarius communes with the sword, spreading his will into the blade like a filigree of woven, untarnished metal. Though he may look into the abyss, it won't look into him.

That's not to say it can't push back, however.

[roll0] vs. 71, getting two bonus degrees of success if I pass, and it matters. Would strong minded/resistance (psychic powers) work here?

EDIT: No need. The Emperor is with Belisarius this day, truly.

Saldre
2010-04-13, 06:40 PM
Lutherious looks on the Inquisitor, though surely the entire event takes less then a split second to happen. Seeing that the Inquisitor's brains have exploded, he speaks.

"You were successful, I presume? Anything of Interest?" He asks, drumming his fingers on his staff.

Talkkno
2010-04-13, 06:45 PM
Belisarius manages to successfully to disengage from whatever interfrence there was before the levels of warp energy would have reached critical levels, a little fazed, but none worse for the wear.

Hemnon
2010-04-13, 06:50 PM
Nathia starts to get uneasy when her 'sire' seems to be crush by somekind of invisble force.

''sire, are you allright?''

Dear emperor, please let him be okay. nathia thought, feeling quite uneasy that something she couldn't protect him from exist.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-13, 07:11 PM
Belisarius rises slowly, grinning wide.

Would you believe that I was left a little present in there? No matter,

He stands, brushing spilt poison and dust off his robes.

Their souls burn long, but dimly, and I'm fine.

I'm not sure what I saw - possibly a craftworld, lit by the light of life. They are aesthetic, the Eldar, if nothing else. Better still - I head something.

Who's on for a short trip to the Watching Spire to shake down some Xenoarcanists there for a translation? Fresh air, hopefully. Fewer assassins - no, scratch that last bit.

Saldre
2010-04-13, 07:13 PM
"Our driver is surely still waiting outside." Lutherious nods, and begins to slowly move to the door.

"Make sure to clean up that mess before you join us, Miss Nathia- but remember what I said about these books, won't you?" He says, in an offhand manner, and gestures to the bloody corpse.

"Don't forget to lock up when you finish." He finished, then reaches for the handle on the door and opens it, stepping outside.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-13, 07:20 PM
Belisarius pauses, thinking.

Good point, we should pick up our fourth member at some point.

Oh, and Nalia? Let me give you a hand. See if we can get this corpse on ice, maybe sell it to someone - maybe even her people - later. I don't know. Lutherious, please, go find someone with some cryo-expertise.

Hemnon
2010-04-13, 07:38 PM
''by the emperor!!! Listen very careful lutherious...'' nathia hissed to him.
''im not a-your servant, go clean it up yourself...by my house honour im bound to protect belisarius, and im not complianing. this is the biggest honour of my life to serve him... and YOU tell me to go clean up like im some sort of house maid!!! how dare you??!!! she allmost screeched. she made a short move for her sword, but stopped it halfway, and instead just starred at lutherious, with an allmost mad taint in her eyes.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-13, 07:43 PM
For the second time in as many minutes, Belisarius rests his face in his palms, kneading an adamantium brow with adamantium fingers.

By the Throne ...

Saldre
2010-04-13, 07:48 PM
Lutherious turns very slowly to face Nathia.

"Miss Nathia..." He begins, his voice almost echoing beneath his mask. "You should lower your voice when you address your elders."

"Though your are not a servant, you are no protector either- the Inquisitor was almost killed this evening, twice." He replies, though with a grin- his voice his cold and ruthless.

"The body here further compromises his security." He points out, motioning the tip of his staff towards it.

"I will excuse your ignorance, for you are young and have much to learn" He says, solemnly nodding.

"I am not telling you to clean up "Like a Maid"-" He finishes, "I am telling you to clean up because it is your job."

"I hope we won't be having this discussion again."

Hemnon
2010-04-14, 12:01 AM
Nathia looks at him with fury in her eyes, then to speak with a controlled voice. ''listen, and listen closely.... i dont know who the hell you are.... how am i supposed to save him from thing witch are outside of my physical reach?? and you do NOT outrank me in any way, heck you haven't even served the imperial guard, and it is NOT my job to clean up, unless the books tries to kill him(she points towards belisarius)''
and then she turns towards belisarius, and waits......

Saldre
2010-04-15, 01:00 PM
Lutherious turns his attention once more to Nathia.

"You'll clean up the books if they try to kill him, but not the assassin that just did just that?" He asks, his tone betraying a mix of pity and arrogance.

"Your the newest member of this squad, Miss Nathia- you had best watch your tone. I may not outrank you in the Imperial guard... but were not in the guard, are we now?" He says, moving back towards the door. He reaches for it as he continues.

"You had best become accustomed with threats emanating from "things out of your reach" or surely you won't last long in our company."

Opening it, he steps outside- with these final words trailing behind him.

"You don't know who I am, but I know who are you- and you'll do well to take my advice, and listen to my counsel: for my experience in the real world far surpasses yours."

Hemnon
2010-04-15, 01:17 PM
With a smile on her lips she says ''i do not care what you say to me, cuz he(pointing a belisarius)Gives the orders.... not YOU.... so why don't you stay silent?? ay!!

she when turn her back to him and pretends he isn't there...

ohh and one last thing... stop twisting every word said by others into what you wanna hear... you might get hurt some day... just a warning though.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-15, 06:04 PM
To be quite honest, I'd rather not have to give orders at all, rather working in harmony.

There are greater matters at hand than whether a Crusader feels the need to pettily defend herself against perceived slights to her honour, or whether a sage feels that he's just a little better than everyone else.

Belisarius gathers the corpse into one of the library's fire-proof blankets, then begins to kindle sorcerous fire.

They'd probably think we were trafficking in aliens anyway. I'm disposing of it - if one of you could find somewhere nice to keep this sword?

[roll0] to cast HELLISH BLAST, to hopefully burn that body.

When the psychic flame kindles, he directs it over the body of the dead alien.

If we can't trust each other, and cooperate, we - all - as - good - as - dead.

He punctuates his words with further bursts of flame, to underline his point.

Talkkno
2010-04-15, 06:28 PM
The corpse and the leaking blood surrounding it vaporizes completely, leaving only a small pile of ash that could probably fit in a shoebox.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-15, 06:49 PM
Upon further searching, Belisarius procures, from a supply cupboard somewhere, a shoebox. With the last lingering remains of his spectral telekinesis, he sweeps the ashes into said cuboid, seals the lid neatly on top, and kicks it under a table. Sufficiently secure.

Now, it's off to the Watching Spire. Let's meet our fourth Cadre member.

Leaving the library with Nathia and Lutherious in tow, he begins searching for the Skitarii.

Mr Skane?

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 10:40 AM
Havelock, having no interest in the forbidden knowledge of the one he now serves, is outside tinkering with the ground-car, still clad in his customary carapace armour. He looks up as the Inquisitor approaches, "Stane, sir. Just giving the machine spirit of the car a once over. it's no Chimaera, but it'll do. Are you wanting to go somewhere?"

Saldre
2010-04-18, 12:29 PM
"The Inquisitor wishes for you to take us to the watching spire." Lutherious answers, and moves to sit inside the vehicle.

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 12:45 PM
"Ah, right then, sir. Give me a moment to fix everything up here." Stane collects his tools and closes the maintenance hatch. He climbs in and starts doing the prepwork while waiting for everyone to board the vehicle.

Hemnon
2010-04-18, 01:00 PM
nathia walks towards the front passenger seat, and then leaps inplace.

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 01:16 PM
Stane puts up his hand to stop Nathia, "Sorry, ma'am, my guns sit there, the back's big for a reason." he says, indicating the back with one gauntleted hand.

Hemnon
2010-04-18, 01:22 PM
''Sigh''
nathia looks into the guardsmans eyes for a second, and then takes the backseat intead....

what a wierdo, but hey if he wants his gun next to him instead of me then he is wellcome to that.

Saldre
2010-04-18, 01:23 PM
"You should keep close to your charge, Miss Nathia."

Hemnon
2010-04-18, 02:20 PM
as she takes her place she pulls out a 1st class make-up set and a mirror, and then she starts putting the make-up on.

sometimes throwing a glance towards the others.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-18, 03:39 PM
Hunching over to cram his bulk into the vehicle, Belisarius smiles appreciatively to Stane.

Apologies, sir.

Belisarius is quiet for a time, frowning as he considers the day's events so far.

Sir, in your time in combat, have you ever encountered any Eldar? We,

and he takes great pleasure in confiding this. It makes him feel like he's on the right track if he's got assassins after him.

Had an assassin rambling about in the library. Here, on Malfi, if you'd believe.

Hemnon
2010-04-18, 04:15 PM
''mister Skane?? is there a worthwhile powersource in this nice vehicle, witch i can use to charge this power armour?? please..

she begged a little bit... with a little charming smile on her beautifull lips...:smallwink:

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 04:28 PM
As you make your way to the Watching Spire, you pass my a well maintained park in the smack dab in the in the periphery of the upper mid-hive. Well to couples stroll in and out the park, the artificial lights create the illusion of day here, bright as the noonday sun on any other world, with a pleasant moderate temperature, something catches your eye as your vehicle pass by the park.

( Ordinary +10 Awareness Test, and if you succeed, Forbidden Lore: Inquisition.)

Saldre
2010-04-18, 04:33 PM
"You should look outside."

Lutherious looks out the window- as if expecting something to be there.

Several things- Half Action fettered Glimpse, which adds +30 to my next test if it succeeds. [roll0]+7 Vs 18+2+2 (22)- Awareness Test: [roll1] and finally Forbidden Lore [roll2].

Hemnon
2010-04-18, 04:45 PM
[roll0]

as nathia puts mak-up on she looks at the surroundings in regular intervals....

and notce nothing but her dazzling face in the mirror in her hand...:smallbiggrin:

Talkkno
2010-04-18, 04:48 PM
Lutherious eyes draw focus to the figure, and he instantly recognizes the man as the infamous Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Juron Corex, sitting on the bench as if it was some sort of trance. He is well known for his scholarly research into the myriad natures of the alien and his rather eccentric manner.

Bowerbird
2010-04-18, 10:41 PM
"Stane, and no, it doesn't." Stane replies to Nathia, not even looking back as he continues driving, oblivious or possibly uncaring about the inquisitor. To Belisarius, "Once or twice, sir. The great deal of my time spent serving the Adeptus was on homeguard duties, serving in Forge World PDFs, and the Eldar rarely make the mistake of attacking Forge Worlds. Sneaky buggers.."

Awareness: [roll0]

Hemnon
2010-04-19, 06:38 AM
''oh!... sorry about that..'' she said to 'stane' after the lipstick was on.

then she placed the mirror and the make-up set back in the place she took it from, and after that took the helmet on...(again)

To Bowerbird
ehm nathia is a crusader... not an inquisitor... :smallbiggrin:

Ecks Dee
2010-04-22, 06:50 AM
Belisarius nods as he sees Lutherious turn, and eyeball the other Inquisitor.

Coincidence, do you think, or something more to it? We seem to be practically falling over our Xenos cousins today. Have we found our man? Shall we stop and ask?

Sorry, been getting myself settled back into university. Back now.

Saldre
2010-04-22, 11:56 PM
"Stop the car, Mister Stane." He says, motioning outside.

"The Inquisitor is correct: we need not go all the way to the Spire, when that man sitting just there can answer all of our questions."

Bowerbird
2010-04-22, 11:59 PM
Stane obediently stops the car. He remains in his seat, with the vehicle interface cables still connected to him, his hands ready on his guns, "As you wish, sirs."

Talkkno
2010-04-23, 01:54 PM
Juron seems downcast as you approach him, with a sudden snap his brown eyes at Belisarius, with unsual intenisty.

"You need something, Inquisitor?... He says gravely

Ecks Dee
2010-04-24, 07:25 PM
Belisarius strides out of the vehicle, a metal-bound and well-polished hand already outstretched to the other Inquisitor.

Iam furta creagleram aual, fir dinillainn, fein dorchain murekhalir, furta. What's up, Juron?

Hemnon
2010-04-24, 11:23 PM
and ofcourse nathia is right behind belisarius when he leaves the car.

Talkkno
2010-04-25, 11:22 PM
Juron thinks about it for a moment and mutters if he was in trance.

"The cursed specter shall rise, as the blood moon washes over their dominion..."

He gets up from the bench and takes his ornate walking cane, and begins to walk away without much fuss.

Ecks Dee
2010-04-26, 06:00 PM
Silently, Belisarius turns to the other members of the Cadre, smiling enigmatically. After a short time, he turns back, checking that Juron's out of sight.

Malfi's a wonderful place, ain't it. Blood moon, though ... could be Tenebrae, but could equally be any number of systems in this damnable sector. Does anyone have any Trader connections, any astrographic knowledge that might be helpful? This could have any number of meanings, could mean nothing at all - you never know what you're getting yourself into with those zogging pansees but it still might be a nice field trip, if nothing more.

Saldre
2010-04-29, 12:27 AM
"Hmmm- Blood Moon... that does sound familiar..."

Lutherious ponders for a moment, trying to make something out of the cryptic statement.

[roll0] scholastic lore- astrology. To make out something about the blood moon! Or the rest of the crazy message

Talkkno
2010-04-29, 12:56 AM
Lutherious remembers that the Tyrant Star sometimes manifests as a crimson shaded ghost of a star or moon that hangs over the planets it curses.