PDA

View Full Version : Never Try to Out Drink a Wookie (Lets Play KOTOR)

Krankheit
2010-04-06, 04:32 AM
The last thing I remembered I was on a smuggler station near Yavin, murderers, mercenaries, thieves and smugglers frequented it's bar, I, like many others in the place happened to be all four. It was a fun night, I had just finished a profitable venture involving some blasters and a hut, and was enjoying my good fortune with a drink in one hand, and a fairly attractive Twi'lek in the other. Then he showed up, Umbacca, I knew him from a few jobs we worked on, good in a firefight, but would sell his partner out for a better offer, so we never worked together long, still, as far as people I know goes, that's good enough to call a friend. He came up to my table, and offered to buy me a drink, course I accepted, the two gargle blasters I had before most likely clouded my judgment, were I in my right mind, I would have realized the chances of that cheapskate buying someone a drink out of generosity were about the same as me being a jedi. After the first drink, he challenged me to out drink him, loser covering the tab, considering that included the two drinks I had before, there was more to be gained than lost, and I accepted. Must have been drink five where I was no longer able to stay focused, and after the next one, I passed out.

When I awoke I was on a ship, in space, under attack, having just woken up and had a hangover that felt like someone was blowing trumpets in my head. I awoke to find the other occupant of my room dashing in, a man named Trask, he explained to me that I was "contracted" (read press ganged) after Umbacca turned me in for a bounty. I gathered the gear I was issued, as apparently my belongings were either stolen or confiscated. After a wonderful conversation while the ship is being blown to fun sized pieces I am up to date, they apparently needed my expertise to protect a jedi of some importance named Bastila. Trask unlocked the door as we made our way to the bridge after receiving a message from a man named Carth Onasi , I knew it was best to play along at this rate till we get onto a planet, then make my way to some major city and lie low for a while. as we made our way to the bridge, a jedi was fighting a sith.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd109/Island_Lord/swkotor2010-03-2823-55-47-02.png
We made our way to the bridge, and once we got there, found it over run by sith invaders, after clearing the bridge, we encountered a another sith, this time there were no jedi to help us, and Trask sacrificed himself to buy me time to escape, just when I was starting to like that guy.
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd109/Island_Lord/swkotor2010-03-2900-47-40-84.png
Once the door automatically sealed behind Trask, Carth once again contacted me, confirming the worst, I was the last living "crew member" aboard the ship we were on. I made my way to him after encountering some more sith troops, and once I got to him we made good our escape in one of the escape pods

__________________________________________________ ______________

as you can see, this is the start of me doing a KOTOR lets play, comments and criticism are most welcome, and this introduction may be changed a bit at a later time(nothing major, just some embellishment and grammar correction events remain as is), hopefully I will be able to do an update a week, but knowing how life is, don't hold me to that schedule.

Lord of Rapture
2010-04-06, 04:40 AM
*grumbles to himself on how he should have started that damn KOTOR 2 LP ages ago*

Comet
2010-04-06, 05:33 AM
Nice intro!
I suppose you're going to play a bit Dark Side-ish? :smalltongue:

Starbuck_II
2010-04-06, 08:23 AM
So what class are ya?

ScottishDragon
2010-04-06, 08:54 AM
What are the classes again?Too lazy to get up and stick it in my xbox,it's scout,and soldier,and the one I always choose but can't remember the name.
Vthanks,kept thinking it was smuggler.

Gourtox
2010-04-06, 08:56 AM
What are the classes again?Too lazy to get up and stick it in my xbox,it's scout,and soldier,and the one I always choose but can't remember the name.

Scout, Soldier, and Scoundrel. I've always preferred Scoundrel myself.

Vorpalbob
2010-04-06, 11:20 AM
Holy massive resolution, Batman!

That game was fun. And also broken. LP looks good thus far. Subscribing!

Seriously, Master Flurry, Master Force Speed, Dual lightsabers, and you're doing upwards of 150 damage per turn. I've killed BOSSES in three turns.

chiasaur11
2010-04-06, 11:24 AM
Hate to be asking, but can you spoiler the images?

Bit of screen stretch for smaller monitors as it stands.

ZeroNumerous
2010-04-06, 11:24 AM
Screen stretchers need to be spoilered. Or, preferably, cut down to a reasonable resolution.

lostlittlebear
2010-04-06, 11:30 AM
Meh, Go master speed, flurry, double sabers, jedi guardian. After draining Malek's extra lives, I killed him in two rounds.

Emlyn
2010-04-06, 11:38 AM
First time through this game I got to Malak without a single force power capable of draining the extra lives. Lots of fun (df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fun#HFS) insued. It was years before I tried it again.