PDA

View Full Version : Artificer gestalt

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 04:35 AM
What do you think is best to gestalt with Artificer?

My first thought was Warlock, but then I noticed they have class features in common. Another thought was some kind of psion, maybe a shaper.

Your ideas?

JaronK
2010-04-06, 04:44 AM
Factotum's the usual go to Int based Gestalt option, mostly because extra standard actions are awesome but also for the insane flexbility. You can't really go wrong with Archivist either.

JaronK

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 04:50 AM
Factotum's the usual go to Int based Gestalt option, mostly because extra standard actions are awesome but also for the insane flexbility. You can't really go wrong with Archivist either.

JaronK

Definitely Factotum, now I look at it. More bonuses to UMD!

HunterOfJello
2010-04-06, 04:52 AM
Factotum, Archivist and Warblade are all fun choices

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-06, 06:49 AM
Factotum, Archivist and Warblade are all fun choices

Factotum: I can make any item, and I can also use any skill, and I can add my immense brain to it all! Basically, I have nigh infinite versatility.

Warblade: This is a callahan full-bore auto lock with customized trigger double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite weapon.

tonberrian
2010-04-06, 07:08 AM
I like Incarnate/Ironsoul Forgemaster myself, but that might just be me.

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-06, 11:37 AM
Now, an archivist/warlock gestalt, that would be cool. Craft any scroll and learn every spell without DM intervention!

LichPrinceAlim
2010-04-06, 11:44 AM
I actually like THIS combo:

Race: Warforged
Class: Warforged Artificer 20/Warforged Dungeon Crasher Fighter 7/Warlock 3/Binder 1/Hellfire Warlock 3/Warforged Juggernaut 6

Basically, ULTIMATE WARFORGED with tanking, blasting, and heavy damage via Hellfire Glaive and Dungeon Crasher and Shock Trooper

gorfnab
2010-04-06, 01:47 PM
Warforged Artificer // Warblade

Sinfire Titan
2010-04-06, 01:49 PM
Incarnate, because it gives you items for your Infusions, and reduces your reliance on the WBL even more.

Imagine if your entire party only needed 1% of their entire WBL to equip themselves. Incarnate//Artificer does this if built properly.

Mongoose87
2010-04-06, 01:52 PM
Warblade: This is a callahan full-bore auto lock with customized trigger double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite weapon.

I call her Vera.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-04-06, 02:06 PM
Warforged Artificer // Warblade

Or this, but I thought bonus component feats would be worth Fighter. Plus, a Dungeon Crasher Glaivelock is a damage-dealing beast

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-06, 05:21 PM
See if your DM will allow you to take Psionic Artificer on the other side. Uber Craft Reserve :smallbiggrin:

Also this (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060526a)may be of use. Now the party can pay there own damn XP costs :smallcool:

strider24seven
2010-04-06, 05:50 PM
+1 for Factotum
+0.5 for Archivist (only because it's not a Factotum)

If you go Factotum, though, take a dip in Master of Masks (Complete Scoundrel) for free proficiency with ALL MARTIAL AND EXOTIC WEAPONS.

If you go Psionic Artificer, then, yeah Psion is probably awesome.

Whatever you do, on your non-Artificer side, take at least a 2-level dip in Chameleon from Races of Destiny. A feat you can change daily (more often with more Chameleon levels) is just dastardly. You can take an extra crafting or metamagic feat on the fly.

Optimator
2010-04-06, 06:56 PM
When I saw the thread title my first thought was also Factotum. Warblade would be cool as well, what with the Int synergy and all.