PDA

View Full Version : Everything Is On Fire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 12:16 PM
You are a loose grouping of mercenaries and do-gooders, most recently returned from putting down a tribe of goblins terrorising a farming hamlet. Getting rid of the threat is all well and good, but goblin-slaying pays poorly, and the hamlet has nowhere near enough to support even a small mercenary company for any extended period of time, so you've quickly found yourself on the road again, looking for somewhere which can at least pay you well before you go your seperate ways.
As the sun sets, you find yourself nearing the gates of Drefganypyllaugnocio, a large village that you've saved a remarkable number of times for such a sleepy place. The mountains behind are obscured by a thick column of smoke, which is fairly normal, this being a mining town, but you realise as you near it that the Wayfarer's Inn is burning merrily, and that there is a great deal of panic in and around the entrance. The gates themselves, on the other hand, appear to be wide open, and there is no obvious sign of attack, other than the fact that the inn is on fire, which is usually a pretty good sign of there having been a raid.

russdm
2010-04-06, 12:26 PM
Durge looks at the burning inn and pulls out his longswords.

arguskos
2010-04-06, 12:47 PM
"Great. Another group of meats needs saving. Cannot this area remain secure for one tenday without our intervention? Truly, a waste of this one's talent."

Proto-01 finishes off his mug of ale, stows the mug, and pulls his weapons. Upon closer inspection, he notices the Wayfayer's Inn is what's on fire.

"Shame really. The bartender there made the best rum cannonball this unit has ever tasted. Perhaps now is the time to inquire as to his formula."

OOC:
He's currently bound to Paimon, meaning he has the stats on his sheet. I'll let you know if he binds Savnok one morning, and I'll change the stats accordingly.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-06, 01:10 PM
Toi-en

"Oh for the love of...again with the burning inn. Don't these people have any imagination? It's a sad day when mercenary-ism gets dull. Oh well, shall we?"

The Psion is a Human with black hair and purple eyes. He looks normal enough except that he has crystals of various colours growing out of his skin.

arguskos
2010-04-06, 01:13 PM
"Indeed, Toi-en. And the inn, of all places. Why do they never burn down town hall, it's always where the alcohol is."

If a construct could sigh, Proto-01 would do so.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-06, 01:18 PM
Toi-en

"Or for a change they could just not burn something. I remember the old days when people would weaponize Halflings or tunnel under the fountain just so they could pop out of it. Kids these days."

The slightly-demented Psion shakes his head in mock disgust.

arguskos
2010-04-06, 01:19 PM
"Toi-en, this unit wonders if you are alright at times. You make curious sounds that have no relevance to anything, and it confuses this one. Perhaps a firewine would clear your head. This unit will save you a glass of firewine when next it finds some."

Trodon
2010-04-06, 03:37 PM
Seeing the burning inn Aledar pulls out a figure. "Alright, let's got this done." Then the figure grows to about the size of a dwarf with it's greatsword at the ready. "Whenever all of you are ready."

NineThePuma
2010-04-06, 04:25 PM
Damien is silent, as the psion and construct bickered. "If you don't mind, I'd like to get started. Even if we're mercenaries, we hardly need payment in advance for this."

That said, Damien begins jogging toward town, already analyzing the entrance and searching for any sign of an attack.

((OoC: Do I need a spot check for more info or...?))

arguskos
2010-04-06, 04:33 PM
"This unit isn't stopping you. No need to be snippy."

Proto will move forward, but lets Damien take the lead.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-06, 04:39 PM
Toi-en

"I suppose I can cope the the mundaneness of burning bars for now."

The Psion will move forward, ready to act.

---------
Planning to use Control Flames to make pathways etc., unless this isn't an exp encounter and sinse it's right at the start you'd let me go over the top and extinguish the whole place in one huge DBZ style manoeuvre.

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 06:00 PM
Hank
"Woah... dat's a pretty campfire. Y'reckon dey's started by'a fight?" Hank wanders over to the burning building, and pokes it with his rapier.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 06:07 PM
Actually, I'll just use the result of a take 10 rather than having you roll this time.

Damien

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the gates won't close. One of them is hanging at an angle. The hedgerows rustle as you pass, but nothing seems to be in them when you turn.

Hank
Evidently a very fast wander.

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 06:09 PM
Hank
Wandered very quickly earlier because he slipped on a chicken, which very luckily managed to carry him swiftly to the building, at which point he fell off the exhausted chicken and luckily landed safely.

arguskos
2010-04-06, 06:10 PM
Proto's been wandering that way, I'll just make my own Spot check here, to see what can be seen, it seems to be the cool thing to do.

Spot: [roll0]

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 06:12 PM
I guess we could all be a bit spotty.

[roll0] Spot (At the building)

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 06:19 PM
P-01 and Hank

Like Damien, you see that the gates have been damaged. Unlike him, since you're looking more closely at the building, you realise that the fire is starting from the thatch, which would have allowed everyone to get out safely. The main risk is letting the fire spread to the village's walls.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 06:23 PM
A clump of burning thatch falls down the chimney, igniting the rushes on the lower floors. Now everything is on fire.

Happy now, Koury?

arguskos
2010-04-06, 06:25 PM
"Well, no one's inside. But, the liquor is about to go up. Anyone have a solution to the flames?"

Proto stands at attention, looking about for any signs of life at all, and I'll make another Spot check to that effect. [roll0]

Koury
2010-04-06, 06:26 PM
Corretha

Corretha approaches the building with her allies. She takes stock of the building, noting which parts seems to be the origin of the flame.

If the first floor is not on fire yet, she goes inside and upstairs. Once she is near the thick of the flames, she casts Expeditious Retreat, followed by Aura Against Flames, and begins double moving every round, extinguishing as much of the fire as possible. She is able to cover 140 a round, for three rounds. If she believes she can do it without the ER, she doesn't cast it.

Aura Against Flame
AURA AGAINST FLAME
Abjuration
Level: Cleric 2, druid 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level

With the casting of this spell you are surrounded
with a cool, blue mist that clings
to your body, dampening the heat of the
nearby fl ames.

You create an aura of blue mist that
protects you against fi re, absorbing the
fi rst 10 points of fi re damage as a resist
energy (fi re) spell (PH 272). In addition
to the resist energy (fi re) effect, the spell
can be used to snuff out fi res.
Any nonmagical fl ame that the aura
contacts is immediately extinguished
if the fl ame’s maximum damage is 10
or fewer points per round. This means
that torches, small fi res, and hurled
alchemist’s fi re are snuffed out and
cause no damage if used against you
or if you touch them.
You can use a standard action to
touch an existing magical fi re (such
as a flaming sphere or a wall of fi re) and
attempt to dispel it as if using a dispel
magic spell against it (use the caster
level of aura against fl ame for the caster
level check). If you succeed, you take
no damage from the touch and the
magical fi re and aura both vanish. If
you fail, you take damage from the
magical fi re source normally (reduced
by your aura against fl ame), and both
spells remain.
With a readied action, you can use
the aura as a dispel magic effect to counterspell
a magical fi re attack against
you. If successful, the spell is counterspelled
and the aura disappears. If you
fail the dispel check, or if the attack is
not a fi re attack, the aura remains.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 06:35 PM
Corretha
The first floor is burning, but not badly, and it's possible to reach the upper floors. The source, however, is the thatch, which is rapidly collapsing along with the structure of the loft and top floor. You're able to extinguish most of the flames on wood without resorting to Retreat, but are left to hope the thatch above you burns out of its own accord.

P-01
Nothing's inside the building, but the constabulary have just arrived with buckets and water, and the patrons of the bar (a human barmaid and three elves of indeterminate gender) are watching from the safety of the nearest alleys. You're also being watched by an unkindness of ravens from the village wall.

arguskos
2010-04-06, 06:43 PM
Observing all this, Proto moves over to the bartender, stashing his weapons as he walks.

"This unit is curious as to your exact formula for your rum cannonball. Would you so kindly share it with this unit? Given that this unit's comrade is saving your enterprise, it is the least you can do."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 06:49 PM
P-01
"Splash dark rum, two splash light rum, splash med'yum rum, ginger ale an'...oh, leave it, Unit, and grab a bucket." She brushes you off as she hurries to grab a bucket from the constable and pass it up the gatehouse to be poured on the roof from above. You remember having asked this particular barmaid before, after saving her life, and she wasn't much more impressed then.

Koury
2010-04-06, 06:52 PM
Corretha

Corretha exits the building and gives the fire brigade a description of the fires source and location, as best she can.

Then she has an idea. She takes her backpack off, removes its contents and hands them to Hank, telling him he'll regret being born if anything happens to her spellbook, then fills it with water. It can hold 120 lbs of water. She fills it at the same source the city is using, then goes to dump it all where needed. The pack never weighs more then 5 lbs, so she is able to move the water very rapidly.

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 06:55 PM
Hank
"I've ne'er regretted bein' born." Nevertheless he holds onto the book tightly and steps away from the fire. "Do dem ravens b'long to anyone? 'Cos I smell dinner..."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 07:01 PM
Corretha
It's a short run to the well, and the constabulary have made several trips already by the time you catch up, but you manage to get some water. You get some funny looks as you pass your backpack up, followed by a short cheer as it pours out enough water to extinguish the last of the flames.

The inn's roof is badly damaged, but on the upside, it's no longer on fire.

Hank
A raven lands on your head and looks at you upside-down. Doing its best to whisper, it tells you:
"Sure theerre's gob'ins aaround 'ere somewheere, loord. Seen 'em sneaking, I haave, loord."
It doesn't actually come out any quieter than usual: ravens aren't exactly made for quiet speaking.

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 07:05 PM
Hank
"Cor, a talkin' blackbird! I'm a callin' you Marty!" Hank attempts to grab the bird.

[roll0] Grapple

EDIT: And just to be extra sure I caught him, I'm adding another +1 from my stance for a total roll of 23

Koury
2010-04-06, 07:10 PM
Corretha

Corretha casts Prestidigitation, drying her pack inside and out, before heading over to retrieve her belongings from Hank.

Upon seeing him wrestling a bird, she immediatly regrets handing him her spellbook.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 07:10 PM
Hank
The bird pecks at your hand, prompting you to drop it, and circles your head cawing angrily.
"The naaaame's Roääääc, if you please, looord, aaand I'll beg you noot to graaab aa priest like thaaat."

Trodon
2010-04-06, 07:25 PM
Aledar finally catches up. "Sorry I um... tripped."

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 07:27 PM
Hank
Rubs his hand. "Priest?"

Koury
2010-04-06, 07:29 PM
Corretha walks over to Hank, keeping an eye on the bird, and retrieves and stows her gear again.

"Friend of yours, Hank?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 07:32 PM
Hank
The raven lands on your head again, and presents a wooden pendant of an eye, painted blue.
"Of the Aall-Faather, loord, and I'll beg you not to forget it."

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 07:40 PM
Hank
Tips an imaginary hat. "Dunno no Aall-Faather, but forget it I'll not. So, wha was that 'bout goblins?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 07:43 PM
Hank
Roäc thinks you're attempting to grab him again, and takes off, landing on Corretha's shoulder instead.
"Sneakin' aaround in the villaage somewhere aafter they set thaat fire."

Koury
2010-04-06, 07:44 PM
Corretha

((Assuming I take 10 on my K: Religion and it passes))

"So, whats a priest of Moradin doing as a bird? And wouldn't the Soul Forger be mad that you merely watched that tavern burn?"

Corretha is more talking to herself then the bird, but is talking loud enough for the bird to hear.

NineThePuma
2010-04-06, 07:48 PM
Damien

Damien, being a kobold and not fire inclined, having seen that his companions are handling/have handled the fire, begins to scan the area, but is quick to approach Hank. Something seemed off.

"[Religion appropriate title for a priest], what occured here? The gates are damaged... The inn was on fire, and... Hank, stop attacking the raven. We can hunt dinner later." Damien is being uncharcteristically forward, and is paying more attention to the civilians than the raven.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 07:52 PM
Corretha
The raven ***** his head on one side, laughing. It sounds like someone trying not to choke.
"The other Aall-Faather, laady. Odin. God of the Haanged. He waasn't telling me I'd be needing waater today."
Turning to Damien, he croaks:
"Gob'in raiid, aas everr. The gaates fell bad when we tried to cloose them. Daamaged before, I think."

Can't be describing ravens if it's going to be auto-censoring my descriptions. Nuisance. Synonym of rooster. Means "tilts".

Koury
2010-04-06, 07:58 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry. So, goblins, you say? Any idea what they were after?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 08:01 PM
"Chaoos. Paanic. The usual. Whaat puzzles me is thaat they haaven't fled yet. Aas I saiid, theere's aat least two still heere."

Koury
2010-04-06, 08:03 PM
"Two, eh? And you're sure they are goblins? Any idea where they are now?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 08:08 PM
"Could be aanywheere. I've been watching the road with oone eye, the fire with anoother, and the hills with a thiird. Pooxy flat-faces aare the least of my worries. Towaards the mine, maybe?"

Koury
2010-04-06, 08:21 PM
"So, it appears the gates were sabotoged, the goblins attacked, and they still linger for some reason? What is it about this town they find so damn appealing? Any other information you have would be appreciated."

Then, turning to her comrades "So, to the mines then?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 08:24 PM
Roäc ruffles his feathers. "The kobolds hit oore a fortnight ago. Thaat's all the news aaround here." He takes off. "Braam. Show them which way they're going."
Another raven alights on your shoulders, croaks in greeting, and settles down to preen its feathers. After a brief pause, it taps you on the cheek.
"Thaaat way."

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 08:30 PM
Hank
Draws his rapier. "Follow da blackbird!"

Trodon
2010-04-06, 08:33 PM
Aledar nods his head and then follows with Skitter next to him.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 08:49 PM
Bram leads you towards the rear of the village, accompanied by a small crowd of small human and elvish children, young ravens and adolescent kobolds, only to stop well before the mine when he sees a house with its door left open. There's no sign of damage, but since there doesn't seem to be anyone inside either, it seems fairly suspect.

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 08:52 PM
Hank
Does a full house search of anything particularly suspect. (Search, taking 20 for a total of 28)

Trodon
2010-04-06, 08:54 PM
Aledar will do the same. (Taking 20 for a total of 31.)

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 08:56 PM
You find...well, everything. It's a small house, but it's got a great deal of personal effects, child's toys, holy symbols to various gods, tools of the occupant's trade (they're a cooper, apparently). Oh, and an open shutter upstairs and a bottle of lamp oil wrapped up in the bedclothes, with an oil-soaked dress leading into it.

russdm
2010-04-06, 09:13 PM
Durge will stand ready for action and try to look menacing. He will mutter under his breath, "Poor Inn. Was on Fire. Hopefully we find something to smash soon."

OOC: I'm using red for Durge. Rolling for spot.

[roll0]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-06, 09:15 PM
Durge
You don't notice anything particularly out of the ordinary, though you do notice that there are quite a few roofs around with damaged thatches.

NineThePuma
2010-04-06, 09:17 PM
Naturally, Damien keeps pace, but stays outside and smiles to the crowd of children.

"Have any of you seen any goblins?" He asks, offering an arm for Bram a shoulder to rest on. The 'big folk' would be spending a fair chunk of time searching, and he might as well give the kids some entertainment.

russdm
2010-04-06, 09:28 PM
Durge will shift impatiently and say, "We go mine now yes?"

Durge will be standing by the kobold, looking bored.

NineThePuma
2010-04-06, 09:42 PM
((OoC: Dirge, stick to past tense please, it hurts my reading a little.))

"Relax, Durge. If there are goblins lurking, we must handle them first. The mines are well defended; barring an ogre or some such, I doubt there is much trouble." Damien said quietly.

russdm
2010-04-06, 09:49 PM
OOC: Durge has an Int of 9.

IC: Durge nods. "Me like goblin hunting. Me go smash." Durge smiles at the thought of violence.

OOC: Durge will search round for some Tracks, remembering his teacher mentioning tracking. As they are goblins, he is looking for the tracks of, how would i be doing the rolling/taking twenty for that?

Roc Ness
2010-04-06, 09:59 PM
Hank
Inspects the lamp oil. Takes the lamp oil. Throws everything else oil-soaked out the window. "Someone failed to flame."

He then sticks his head out the window and looks first down at the ground, then along the walls, and then along the guttering (or just the edge of roof, as the case may be) to see if anything is wrong or if there is someone still hiding somewhere. (Taking 20 on Spot, for a total of 25)

Temotei
2010-04-06, 11:50 PM
Dagon runs up panting from his previous stone cold stance on the road.

Tell m' I di'n't miss th' action.

The dwarf scans the room, taking in the sights.

Err...goblins? Goblins attacked the town...again? Gods! Ya'd think they'd durn learn a lesson after the first several massacres.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 12:22 AM
Hank
"Mmm. Hundreds of little goblin brains ain't a pretty sight."

Temotei
2010-04-07, 12:30 AM
It i'n't? I was under the impression ya liked smashin'. I know I do.

The stout earthshaker cracks his neck several times, stretches his back, cracking his vertebrae, and continues to crack nearly every bone in his body--including his jaw, toes, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, hips, and ankles.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 01:34 AM
Proto's been following quietly, since the barkeep was reticent with the rum cannonball recipes, and just now decides to speak up.

"Comrades, perhaps we should cease dialoguing with a bird and return to our stated goals of hunting down and exterminating the goblin threat. Dagon, if you will assist this unit in creating a perimeter?"

Proto will then begin to walk around the house, checking the exterior for threats or structural weaknesses that could be exploited by a clever foe.

OOC:
rrkkskrrk or Temotei, please, bot me if I'm AFK when something important is happening. I trust the judgment of the two of you. NO ONE ELSE BOT ME, PERIOD.

Temotei
2010-04-07, 01:53 AM
Of course.

Dagon has several names in mind, but he decides to keep them to himself, as none of them are reminiscent of "Proto-01."

arguskos
2010-04-07, 01:57 AM
Proto-01 eyes the dwarf as they make a perimeter, watching for threats.

"Tell this unit, short meat, of your people. This one knows little about them, and it is prudent to know one's allies. Do they drink?Do they eat well? Do they make war or merriment predominantly? Do you do any of the above?"

While talking, Proto makes a Spot check on our environment, looking for movement, bodies, anything out of place, etc. Spot: [roll0]

Temotei
2010-04-07, 02:09 AM
Ho ho! Do we drink? Thar's no exception for us "short meats!" We all drink heartily! Where 'ave you been?

And eat well? Tha's an understatement! Slabs of meat--juicy tenderloins. Veritable mountains of delicacies! Our race is one of stomach pleasures! I s'pose for ye it would be pentagon pleasures.

We do have discipline, though. That is the life of most dwarves. Discipline. Us short meats are always prepared for war, but we always hope it doesn't come to a war. Losing a fellow dwarf is losing a fellow family member...a loved one. That said, I appreciate a fight, as do most of my kind.

Tha' answer yer questions?

The dwarf doesn't pay much attention to his surroundings while talking, absorbed in his conversation with a sentient piece of metal.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:18 AM
"You are a most perplexing companion, Dagon. At once insolent yet welcoming. It is confusing, yet refreshing, for this unit to comprehend. We must share liquors sometime, you and this one. Perhaps this one will cook this evening."

Proto is moving along, and stops under a tree for a moment. He stows his short sword momentarily and reaches to grasp a sturdy branch with a free arm, and he hefts himself off the ground with it. While still keeping his Dragon Mane at the ready, he uses his two free hands to pull a pair of mugs from his "pack", and fills them with a powerful bitter black ale from the hand keg he keeps at hand. He drops an ice crystal in one, and then lowers himself back to the ground. He places the mugs on the dorsal side of his core, and then carefully walks towards Dagon.

"This unit has a tradition. All comrades must share one drink with it. Drink." Proto proffers the non-ice crystal'd ale with his third, non walking, limb. Once Dagon takes the ale, Proto takes a hearty swig from his mug, and the central light flashes several times in rapid succession. "Orc Bitterblood Ale. Powerful, nutty, and bitter, yet oddly sweet and delicate. A true rarity. This one has only partaken of it twice before. It is pleased to share it with such as you.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 03:14 AM
Hank
Leans out the window. "Hey! Do any o' ya have a grapplin' hook?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 03:55 AM
Toi-en

Moving for the first time in a good while, Toi-en shudders and seeks out the party. "Sorry about that. Stupid brain crystals freeze up sometimes. What did I miss?"

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 04:37 AM
Hank
"Well, Ar'm missin' a grapplin' hook..."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:49 AM
Hank
The roofs are thatched, so no guttering. No-one's there at the moment, but the thatch looks like it's been knocked recently opposite the open shutter. Recently enough, in fact, that some of the dust from old straw snapping hasn't quite settled yet. There's also some signs that someone's been climbing up and over: dents in the thatch and similar further up.

P-01
The edge of the roof looks more ragged than it should be, but you can't see anything else.

Damien
The nearest child shakes her head at you solemnly. Her little brother is pointing down the street towards the mine, but she slaps his hand down and tells him not to be silly.

russdm

Roll Survival; taking 20 would represent several minute's work just to start finding a trail, by which point your companions will have hared off somewhere else.

russdm
2010-04-07, 01:14 PM
OOC: Should i then roll to find tracks? I am looking for goblin tracks. Would i be rolling spot or survival?

IC: Durge walks towards the mine, viewing it as unlikely that they will find any goblins around. He feels impatient and wants to break something.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 01:17 PM
Survival for tracking anything.

russdm
2010-04-07, 01:25 PM
OOC: How does the spoiler bit work?

Rolling for tracking. I assume I get a +2 since its goblins, my favored enemy.

[roll0]

IC: Durge tries to track some goblins.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 01:30 PM
What, typing them?
[ spoiler ]Text here[ /spoiler ]
Without the spaces.

You think you see some faint prints leading towards the mine. They're barefoot with rags in the arches of their feet, but they could just as easily be the footprints of children. At least one, though, has claws instead of toenails, a sure sign of goblins.

russdm
2010-04-07, 01:34 PM
Durge will mention that he found a goblin footprint if one of his comrades is around. Either way, he will track the footprint and see where it goes.

Durge tracks goblins

[roll0]

arguskos
2010-04-07, 01:37 PM
"Durge, this one hears you. It will be along momentarily."

Proto turns back to Dagon. "We are called upon, short meat. Let us finish our ales, and move on."

Proto drains the mug, stows it and the ice crystal, and moves to meet with Durge, pulling his short sword as he moves.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 01:40 PM
Durge

The clawed footprints you're following lead up the street and into another house. The door's unlatched, and traces of mud and scuff marks lead you upstairs, where the bedclothes and wardrobe have been soaked in oil. The thatch above the window is also dripping in it, and claw marks lead downwards from the window into another back alley. You think you see the goblin itself turning a corner out the window.

russdm
2010-04-07, 01:42 PM
Durge will howl in rage, and then charge the goblin. If need be, he will leap out the window after the goblin.

Initiative for Durge,
Jump check for Durge, if needed. [roll]1d20+6

ooc its not rolling for the jump check...

arguskos
2010-04-07, 01:49 PM
Following after Durge, does Proto see anything? Spot check, if need be: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 01:55 PM
Toi-en

Toi-en follows the robot, in general he seems to be a reliable beacon for when his brain breaks.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 02:03 PM
P-01
You're sure you see at least three goblins ahead of you, but they're doing a good job of keeping ahead of you. One of them, however, has just run vertically up a wall instead of turning another corner, and is now on the roof. It's also definitely a goblin, making this the first time you've actually seen one today.

russdm

Can you reroll that jump check, please?

russdm
2010-04-07, 02:09 PM
ooc the jump check, since it was not working before.

[roll0]

I think i am going to take 10, can i?

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 02:11 PM
Toi-en

Seeing the goblin run up the wall Toi-en strikes with intent. The sound of bellowing demons roars out through the town and a streak of flame escapes from his forehead and streaks unerringly towards it.

------------
Initiative: [roll0]
Manifest Energy Ray (2PP).
Ranged Touch: [roll1] / Damage: [roll2]

Edit: Oh for ****'s sake, my first attack roll. WHAT THE HELL GITP!!! :furious:

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 02:17 PM
russdm

Ouch. Sorry, no, take 10 is for non-stressful situations, and jumping in the middle of a chase is basically the antithesis of that.
For nonlethal damage from the first 10ft [roll0]
For lethal damage from the next 10ish ft [roll1]

Toi-En
You narrowly miss both the goblin and the thatch of the roof, putting a spring into the goblin's step as it scrambles up the roof.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:19 PM
I need some details here. I'm guessing the wall is a DC 15 check (very rough surface) or lower? If so, Proto charges after the goblin and performs an accelerated climb, taking a -5 penalty to move up it at 15 ft/move action, and he'll take 10 on this check (nothing says he can't, just checked, and since I'm not engaged in combat, I'm neither distracted nor threatened). Assuming the wall is under 30 ft high, he'll clear it in one round.

If the wall is DC 20 (so, not super rough stone or some such), Proto will probably pursue the fleeing gobbos on foot, taking quad-moves to catch them, and will pouncing charge once within range.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 02:28 PM
Durge

1 Lethal hit for you, I'm afraid.

Despite a bad landing, you manage to get back up from where you slipped down and pound after the goblins in the alley. You don't catch them, but you manage to keep them in sight.

P-01
The walls are plaster, so while you could climb them by digging in, you have a feeling you'd have an equal chance of just bringing the outer layer of the wall down to your level instead. Moving after the goblins, you overtake Durge and nearly catch up to the other two goblins, who are attempting to draw knives and run away at the same time, with little success.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:34 PM
Damn plaster crap.

I'll Pounce-Charge one of the gobbos (nearest one I can get). Attacks:
Dragon Mane 1: [roll0]
Damage DM1: [roll1]
Dragon Mane 2: [roll2]
Damage DM2: [roll3]

Possible Flowing Mane Strike: [roll4]
Damage FMS: [roll5]

Short Sword: [roll6]
Damage SS: [roll7]

Precise Text on the Dragon Mane, for reference:

A flowing, hard to handle weapon, the dragon mane is a very unique and rare blade. A dragon mane is a two-handed exotic weapon, dealing 2d6 slashing damage with a critical range of 19-20/x2. You can use Weapon Finesse with a dragon mane. A wielder proficient in the dragon mane may use it in a unique attack called the Flowing Mane Strike. If you attack and damage an opponent at least twice in one full attack with the dragon mane, you may take one extra attack with the dragon mane, at your highest attack bonus.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 02:40 PM
P-01

Goblin's saves:
[roll0] versus 18 (Not assuming critical)
[roll1] versus 18
[roll2] versus 18
[roll3] versus 17

You cut the goblin down in a series of fluid strokes, leaving him unconscious and bleeding on the floor, though still, through some miracle, alive.

Critical confirmation roll needed, same as usual. Extra damage from a crit just results in a higher Fort save DC. Doesn't matter, though, it wouldn't have brought him any nearer to death.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:44 PM
rrkkskrrk (edited):
First hit IS a critical. Dragon Mane is 19-20/x2. I don't know how to handle crits with Injury though. Solutions?

Otherwise, it looks like a pile of hits there, something like 9, I think.

EDIT: Kk, I'll do that in the future, but not here (no need).

Once it becomes my action again, I'll Pounce Charge another gobbo (if possible, or full attack (if possible, thanks to the miracles of 5-ft steps).

russdm
2010-04-07, 02:49 PM
Durge swings one of his longswords at the goblin after charging him.

[roll0]

There. Rolling damage if hit.

[roll1]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 02:56 PM
Durge
Amazingly, the goblin weathers your blow, and by now has his dagger out. He slashes wildly at you, hoping you'll go down and make his mistake escape a little easier.

[roll0]
[roll1]

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:58 PM
I'll just leave this here... :smalltongue:

Attack Routine for Proto's next Pounce-Charge:
Dragon Mane 1:
Damage DM1: [roll1]
Damage DM2: [roll3]

Flowing Mane Strike: [roll4]
Damage FMS: [roll5]

Damage SS: [roll1d6+2

arguskos
2010-04-07, 02:59 PM
Dammit, broke the damage roll on the SS: [roll0]

russdm
2010-04-07, 03:06 PM
ooc: Fort save

[roll0]

IC Durge is suprised that the goblin survived, but will be quick to change that.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 03:08 PM
The goblin gives Durge a nasty cut across the legs, but nothing seriously damaging.

NineThePuma
2010-04-07, 03:13 PM
Damien has been following on ground level, and given his 50 ft of base movement has been easily keeping pace with the chase by double mpging when appropriate; at some point he drew a mind blade to assist his next move and, as battle is engaged, he now hurls a Mindblade at one of the goblins, preferably the one still in retreat, the blade twirling end over end.

((bear with me, I just woke up and am not sure of the dice roller code off the top of my head; I think this is right))

(Assumes the goblin is within 60 ft)
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll=Crit?]1d4+1

((I'm willin to make relevant checks like spot and what not, to show me following, but I assume that a suit of armor and Durge would be easy to follow.))

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 03:35 PM
Jumping down from a nearby rooftop, the creature called Chik joins in the fray. "T'chikto Pok'chakta has arrived. The gob-flesh is now his!"

He steps forward and attacks the closest Goblin. Grasping his Bow-Staff in all four arms, he brings it to bear with all of his might.

Actions -
Move action to get within 5ft of a Goblin. Jump Check: [roll0] should be +26 for a result of 39

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Bludgeoning

Critical Confirm: [roll3]
Critical Damage: [roll4]

russdm
2010-04-07, 03:37 PM
OOC: I have an appointment at 2:30pm today, so in about 40 minutes for me. I will be gone for a bit. So i am saying this to let people know. Rsk, Durge will continue attacking with his longswords at the gobbo. You can use the char sheet for info about the attacks.

So later until I return.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 04:07 PM
Chik
The goblin somehow manages to take what would have been a nasty blow to the head and roll with it, seeming not to take any damage. You, on the other hand, jar yourself quite badly jumping down.

Ah well, next round for our ridiculously tough goblin:
[roll0] versus 18
[roll1] versus 17
And for our nearly-dead one:
[roll2] versus 15

The goblin at P-01's feet is now dead, and the one now being battered to death has taken some nasty blows, but is still standing. He strikes at Durge again with his dagger, now surrounded and given up entirely on escaping.

A few streets away from you, another roof bursts into flame.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 04:15 PM
OOC:

Based on the init rolls in the OOC thread, and your comments about the gobbos, I have that Proto goes first, followed by Durge, then the gobbos, and finally Toi-en. Not sure where Damien and Chik fall, since I've not seen their inits. rrkk, is this right?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 04:19 PM
Goblins then Durge, actually. I got a little mixed up last round.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 04:21 PM
OOC: INIT roll. [roll0] Tell me who I go after please, I haven't been able to keep up very well.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 04:24 PM
OOC:
So, Init currently is:
Chik
Proto
Gobbos
Durge
Aledar
Toi-en

with Damien and Dagon being unrolled as of yet.

If this is the case, I'll make another post with my actions this round.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 04:28 PM
OoC:

Chik
The goblin somehow manages to take what would have been a nasty blow to the head and roll with it, seeming not to take any damage. You, on the other hand, jar yourself quite badly jumping down.
What do you mean by "jar yourself quite badly?" Is this just fluff, or does it have a mechanical effect of which I am not aware?

So, Init currently is:
Proto
Gobbos
Durge
Aledar
Toi-en

with Damien, Dagon, and Chik being unrolled as of yet.
I rolled a 19 in the OoC thread, actually.

Ninjaed!

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 04:29 PM
The goblin swings wildly, but is unable to land a solid blow on P-01's metal skin.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 04:39 PM
OOC:

So, Chik went, Proto went, gobbos went, we're waiting on Durge, Aledar, and Toi-en, yes? Durge gave bot permission, so I can do that, unless you'd rather rrkk.

Proto ignores the blows. "Apparently, your mother was of questionable ancestry, goblin."

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 04:46 PM
Toi-en

(Assuming it's in line of sight etc) Toi-en sights the roofbound Goblin. Again noise roars into the minds or everyone in town; this time the screams of those in agony, and a double helix of white energy streaked towards it (one from each temple).

------------
Manifest Energy Ray (Cold).
Ranged Touch: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 04:48 PM
Durge swings powerfully, but neglects to account for the goblin's height, swinging over its head instead.

Toi-ean
You catch the goblin just before it disappears entirely, wounding it, but fail to drop it. Pausing before it disappears over the top of the rooftop, it mutters and waves vague but threatening gestures, and you feel a sliver of fear creep into your mind like a worm nestling around your brain.
Spell cast, the goblin drops behind the shelter of the roof.

[roll0] versus 17

Will save, please.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 04:55 PM
Aledar swings his doll toward a nearby goblin, positioning the doll on the other side of someone else then his doll swings his sword at the little creature.

OOC: Move Skitter to a flanking position and attacking.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 04:59 PM
Will: [roll0]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 05:01 PM
Toi-ean
As suddenly as the feeling of fear arrived, it is gone, but you are still a little shaken by the experience.

Aledar
Skitter's attack seems to be the final straw for the poor goblin, who drops, bleeding profusely from a wound to the head.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 05:11 PM
The crowd of children that followed you is still, as far as you can tell, with Damien, Hank and Dagon at the first house. You can hear other villagers making their way to the new burning building, but none have come your way yet.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 05:30 PM
Ok, I'm not sure if it's my action or not, but I'll exercise the fact that speech is free. Proto calls up to Toi-en, having noted the ray, Crystal unit, is your target ended?"

Once Toi-en responds, Proto will start making his way towards the new fire.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 05:42 PM
Toi-en

"No, it lived to cast a spell against me. It failed mind you, but it cast it none the less."

arguskos
2010-04-07, 05:50 PM
"Pursue and destroy. We can leave no survivors. This unit will go to secure the new blaze." Proto turns to the Thri-Kreen. "Would you care to join this one's companion for safety?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 06:02 PM
Toi-en

"I could use some backup, I'm not so much on the toughness."

Though he will pursue.

-------------
Seems like a good time to point out the 90ft Blindsense I have. Just fyi

Trodon
2010-04-07, 06:16 PM
Aledar heads towards the new fire staying within 15ft of Proto-01.

russdm
2010-04-07, 06:36 PM
ooc I'm back. for a bit.

ic Durge will loot teh dead goblins for anything he can find. He is looking for a map or notes or something that might be of value to the party later.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 06:52 PM
Nodding, the Thri-Kreen says "Chik will gladly follow the goblin. Toi-En is more than welcome to follow Chik on his quest for gob-meat... Though Chik will have to hold back a little." With that, the Thri-Kreen motions to Toi-En and follows after the goblin, although slowly enough for Toi-En to keep up.

russdm
2010-04-07, 07:10 PM
Having looted the body, Durge will go to the place where the fire is happening and stand around looking menacing.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:01 PM
Hank
Initiative: [roll0] (Or am I just last on the initiative order?)

Hank moves to the window closest to where he can here the action, drawing his crossbow in the process. If he can see the roof goblin, he'll fire at it. If he can only see his allies surrounding a single goblin, then he'll race out the building as fast as he can.

[roll1] Attack, if requirements are met.
[roll2] Damage, if any.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:02 PM
I use my reroll ability to reroll that initiative [roll0] And I'll add my stance lack bonus for a total 10, or no difference.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 08:11 PM
Toi-en and T'chikto

No sense making skill checks when it's not necessary; taking 20 on climb

You both ascend to the rooftops via the upstairs window of a nearby house and onto the rooftops. The goblin is nowhere to be seen, though a series of indentations and cuts in the thatch make it clear which way he's gone. You both hurry in his footsteps, via a weaving path that takes you across several rooftops, though thankfully the goblin is no keener than you to attempt any major leaps; for you, they're more short hops.

Hank
You see something rush past in the opposite direction to the direction your companions were moving; you shoot at it, but there's no time to aim properly, and the bolt thuds harmlessly into dry straw.

Durge
The goblins are carrying their daggers, poorly-made shortbows with rag-wrapped arrows, and a few bone amulets in unpleasant shapes, but no maps.

P-01 and Aledar
By the time you reach the fire, the constabulary has arrived as well, and are setting up a bucket chain to the well. There's no sign of any goblins there; they've long since made their escape.

Well, so much for going to sleep.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 08:14 PM
Proto glances about, thinks for a moment, and asks whomever seems to be in charge, "This unit desires to know, has anyone reported anything unusual, goblins perhaps?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 08:17 PM
P-01
"No sign of 'em, sir. First thing I know, my house is going up in smoke just as I'm putting the buckets back from the inn. Bad state, this. I'll let you know if we see anything."

arguskos
2010-04-07, 08:27 PM
"Very well. Carry on then, meat citizen." Having been here several times before, Proto decides it may be wise to gather the troops and move to a secure location. He moves to round up the party, and aid Chik/Toi-en in finding this elusive gobbo.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:27 PM
OOC: How high above the ground am I?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 08:29 PM
Fifteen foot (oh, how I loathe Imperial measurements, but that's what the game runs on). Everyone else that's jumped, by the way, has avoided nonlethal damage but taken the lethal.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:31 PM
Hank
Leaps out the window. (Taking 10 on Tumble for a total of 19) Auto-success, I can only take nonlethal. :smallbiggrin:

Hank ignores 3 damage from entering the fray dramatically (i.e. the fall) and gives chase.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:38 PM
I forgot: [roll0] Falling damage

[roll1] Fortitude, for Non-lethal, just in case.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 08:49 PM
Hank
You run alongside the goblin on the roof, which has sensibly decided not to attempt to scale the roof any higher and present you with a clear shot. It doesn't even pause when it reaches the end of the house, launching itself off and landing on the other side. At the very edge of the village, though, it teeters at the edge, unable to safely make it to the wooden wall surrounding the houses. Screaming something in Goblin, it creates a sudden flash of light and steps backwards up the roof.

Fortitude, please.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 08:53 PM
Hank
"Ma eyes!" [roll0] Fort (adding +1 to this from stance for 15) "Ar prob'bly okay!"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 08:56 PM
The light is not quite bright enough to blind you, and you can still see the outline of the goblin above you fairly clearly.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 09:03 PM
Hank
Follows it, drawing his sword. When he reach it, he makes a trip attack [roll0] (-2 Combat expertise. If it is a new round then add another +1 from stance) and if this succeeds he also make a follow up attack [roll1] (-2 for Combat Expertise), with a possible damage of [roll2] and an AC of 21 for this round.

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:03 PM
Durge goes to the mine entrance, or to the flashes (the goblin being chased by his comrades) if he notices them.

OOC: Is the mine inside the town? or outside?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:06 PM
Durge
The mine is...technically outside the village, but can't be reached from anywhere except for through it. It's just up the hill, as far into the village as you can go.

Hank
It's on the roof, you're on the ground, sorry for any confusion. You could try climbing to it and tripping it from there if you really want to.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 09:08 PM
Sure. Climbing ahoy! Taking 20 for a total of 20 since that goblin isn't going anywhere. Although Hank will be climbing wary of any goblin attempts to knock him off the building. Also, by now I think all my maneuvers would be available and then refreshed, but I can't be bothered to keep randomly determining them so I'm just going to assume that I still only have the maneuvers generated in the OOC thread.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 09:08 PM
Having little luck collecting the others, who are ranging all over the place, Proto focuses on aiding the Thri-Kreen and Psibot by tracing their path over the roofs, using accelerated climbing to speed his path and catch up. He makes occasional Spot checks as well.

Spot checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:13 PM
Durge heads to the mine since he knows goblins can be found there. He will be looking for tracks of goblins as well.

To find goblin tracks [roll0]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:22 PM
P-01

There's a goblin right by the village's walls, shooting down at something on the ground. Chik and Toi-en are moving rapidly across the village in a fairly straight line, and the goblin they're chasing has just dropped back down to street level right in the centre, on the village green.
The house on fire is starting to die down now, though it's not quite out. Across the village, you can see yet another goblin with a bow, lighting an arrow ready to burn another house.
All of the houses they've chosen to burn are very far apart from each other, you notice, but from where you are there doesn't seem to be any particular pattern.

Hank
You climb unsteadily up the wall, sheltered from above by the lip of the roof. Several arrows clatter to the ground below you, but none are close enough to hit. By the time that you reach the top, though, the goblin has given up on trying to kill you and is on the other side of the roof, an arrow drawn on where it's expecting you to come up. Before you even fully register the situation, it lets the arrow fly.
[roll0]
[roll1]
...which promptly whistles by your ear. The goblin fumbles for another arrow.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:25 PM
Durge
You can't find any sign of goblin tracks, but thinking that they might have taken the rooftops, you head in the direction of the mine anyway. It's several minutes brisk walk to the mine, and when you get there there don't appear to be any goblins. What there are, however, are a pair of kobolds with spears, who level them at you immediately, looking suspicious.

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:31 PM
Durge charges the Kobolds, Howling loudly.

ooc Shall I roll init and for attacks? i am charging one....

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:34 PM
Reaching new heights of multiple posts due to forgetfulness...

Hank
Your slightly odd choice of a charging trip pays off, and the goblin falls off the roof.

[roll0]
[roll1]

...onto its head. It doesn't seem to be moving.

russdm
Er, yes, you can, if you're sure.

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:35 PM
ooc, init, or the charge. I will roll charge i guess.

[roll0]

Damage for hitting, [roll1]

arguskos
2010-04-07, 09:38 PM
Proto takes a rapid look about, judges that it's probably a merc from the company dealing with wall goblin, figures Chik and Toi-en will catch that one guy, and charges after the firestarter, taking quad moves when possible. If he has to, he'll leap off a building to catch and crush the fire starter. When he gets in range, it's slice-n-dice time! :smallamused:

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 09:38 PM
Chik attempts to find any trace of the goblin.

Actions -
Search check to find a path: [roll0]
Survival check to follow the path: [roll1]

Doublemove at half speed (8 squares a round).

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:42 PM
Durge
You miss the kobold, who responds by attempting to trip you with the butt of its spear.
[roll0]
[roll1]

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:43 PM
ooc: Am i supposed to roll anything for this?

Durge snarls as he misses the kobold.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 09:46 PM
Hank
Climbs carefully back down from the roof, and inspects the goblin. If it isn't dead, then [roll0] Use Rope to tie it up, and [roll1] Search to see if it is carrying anything of importance. If it is dead then forget about the tying up bit.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:47 PM
Currently, no. I'm sorting all the rolls out.

Opposed strength checks
[roll0]
[roll1]

Durge
The kobolds fail to trip you, their arms not being strong enough to pull you off balance.

Hank
The goblin is still breathing, although it doesn't look like it's going to be getting up any time soon. Most of its gear has been done for by the fall; it was carrying several pots and other containers of lamp oil, all of which have now burst or shattered. Other than that, all it appears to be carrying is a dead fish wired together into some sort of holy symbol, a signal whistle, and a sunrod. The sunrod stands out particularly as not being something the goblin would be carrying, since it's the only thing it's got that looks manufactured.

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:51 PM
ooc looks the kobold failed.

ic Durge laughs at the Kobold's foolish attempt.

ooc Can i start smashing on the kobolds now?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 09:57 PM
Chik
No searching is needed to find the goblin: it's sprinting across the village green in front of you, dodging the villagers manning the bucket chain. They shriek and run in terror despite its small size, and you recognise the shapes of spellcasting gestures in its waving arms.

russdm
Yes, I suppose you can.

russdm
2010-04-07, 09:59 PM
AWESOME!

Durge flies into a rage and slashes at the kobold who tried to trip him with his longsword.

Attack Roll [roll0]

Damage if hit, [roll1]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:10 PM
Durge
The kobold drops, bleeding from a wound in its side. Its companion dances out of your reach, dropping its spear in favour of a whistle and a lever hidden to the side of the mine's entrance. A portcullis slams down, and the weight of it dropping lifts a row of sharpened stakes into position in front of it, making the mine completely inaccessible.
The kobold blows frantically on its whistle, though its mouth is obvious not designed for the task.

russdm
2010-04-07, 10:14 PM
Durge will smash against the portcullis. He will attack the kobold with his longswords if he can, the portcullis if he cannot.

Durge will try to break down the portcullis, What should be rolling for this stuff?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:18 PM
Attack rolls in both cases. The other kobold is still within charging range.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 10:20 PM
Spotting the goblin, Chik lets out a strange, trilling/clicking warcry as he rushes at the little creature, staff held high. "Gob-meat belongs to Chik! Surrender the gob-flesh! Trikchik'tichik'trichikchik'trikich!"

Actions -

Charge at the goblin, attacking with the BowStaff four-handed.

Attack: [roll0]

Critical Confirm: [roll2]
Critical Damage: [roll3]

OoC:
Last time Chik attacked the damage roll should've been three higher. I miscalculated the Strength bonus, but that's all better now. Don't worry about changing it or anything, I just wanted to explain the random +3 up there.

russdm
2010-04-07, 10:21 PM
Durge will charge the kobold, while he is raging.

Attacking with one longsword, i dont think i can use both in a charge like this.
Charge roll [roll0]

Damage if hit [roll1]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:24 PM
[roll0] versus 20
[roll1] versus 16

Chik
You drop the goblin easily, the momentum from his flight carrying him several feet beyond where you caught him.

Durge
The kobold goes down as easily as the first, still blowing his whistle up until you catch him in the skull with your sword. He lies there, breathing raggedly.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 10:29 PM
So... did Proto reach the firestarter gobbo? If yes, here, have some Pouncing Charge attacks!

Dragon Mane 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll3]

Flowing Mane: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Damage: [roll7]

Note: sorry to pester ya about it, but you're busy and I figure you just missed it, given the massive speed we move at.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:35 PM
argus

Yeah, sorry, missed it with all of the kobold-slaughtering we've got going on up at the mine.

P-01
The goblin gets off his arrow before you manage to reach him, and is in the process of packing away his bow when he notices you charging across the rooftops. Panicking, he tries to get it out again, but fails to string it before he recieves a slicing blow to the arm.

[roll0] versus 17

Beside you, the house that he's fired into starts to smoke.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:39 PM
The goblin weathers the cut and draws his dagger with his free, uninjured hand.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] versus 16, if necessary

Slashing wildly, he lands a blow, but it fails to do anything other than skid off the polished surface.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 10:39 PM
I'm going to just full attack the bastard till he bites it. :smallbiggrin:

DragMane 1: [roll0]
DragMane 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
FlowMane: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Damage: [roll7]

Also, Proto will begin hollering as loud as is possible (pretty loud I'd think), "Fire! Fire! Bring water! Quickly, quickly! Fire over here!" Since we know the town a little, he'll toss in the name of a local store or inn for them to have a reference for.

EDIT: He doesn't even scratch me.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 10:45 PM
Chik lets out a whoop of victory before checking for other goblins in the area. He then picks up the goblin he just killed, testing its weight.

If necessary, here's a Spot Check:
[rollv]1d20[rollv]

How much does the goblin weigh?

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 10:46 PM
Hank
Heads towards where most of the noise is coming from, dragging the unconcious goblin behind him ("I trussed you won't try to escape.")

He'll be looking around actively for more goblins. [roll0] (+1 from stance for 21)

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:48 PM
Lyndworm
Just under 40 pounds. He's a skinny goblin.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 10:52 PM
P-01
You land a succession of savage blows on the goblin, dropping it to its knees.
[roll0] versus 17
[roll1] versus 18
[roll2] versus 17
[roll3] versus 17
...and, with the final blow, decapitating it. It slithers off the roof.

You spot the Blind Ogre Tavern shambling past nearby. It calls back in slurred, practically Giantish, Common.
"Oh, I hears it, sarh. Let me sort that for you."

Hank
You spot three more goblins down the street from you, but they're climbing out of the village over the wall.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 10:58 PM
Proto hustles down the wall and aids the Black Ogre Tavern with fire dousing the house, and then will move towards the mines, where he spotted Durga moving towards, and hears a whistling from.

OOC:

Oh Proto, you're a whirling death machine. I love it so much. :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 10:59 PM
Hank
Leaves the currently bound goblin, grabs the sunrod and pursues the goblins climbing over the wall. Remember that flask of oil we found in the empty house? Well, when the goblins are all on the ground and Hank has LOS, whether because they are turning to fight or whether Hank has crossed the wall as well, Hank will lob the oil down on one of them, preferably one near the middle of the group.

[roll0] Attack (with flask. +1 from stance for 12)
[roll1] Chance of oil lighting. Aiming for 51 and above.

If Hank comes under fire then he'll retreat.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 11:00 PM
"Too heavy for Chik to fight... So Chik'll have to make it lighter." Wrapping his lower two arms around the goblin's torso, he attempts to rend its legs off with his upper arms.

Actions -

Strength check to remove legs:
[roll0]

Re-rolling Spot Check from before:
[roll1]

Trodon
2010-04-07, 11:07 PM
Aledar shrinks Skitter and attempts to climb to the roof.

[roll0]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:08 PM
P-01
With your assistance, the blind ogre (the tavern wasn't particularly imaginatively named) throws one of the barrels of beer it keeps over its back over the roof and upper floor, extinguishing it but ensuring it will smell of alcohol for weeks.
The ogre counts on its fingers. "That'll be..." It gives up "On der house."
After about ten seconds pause, it realises its own joke and bursts out laughing.

Hank
You splash the retreating goblins with oil, but it fails to ignite, instead simply leaving a trio of oily goblins and a brightly-shining stick in the middle of someone's field.

Chik

Strength DC for dismemberment, anyone?

The goblin screams shrilly, which then dies down to a bubble as the pain of having its leg ripped off finally kills it.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:09 PM
Hank
Fires his crossbow at any goblin.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1]

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:10 PM
Aledar
The plaster starts to crumble under your grip. Seeing the goblin's head bounce past you, you realise the fighting is probably over in any case.

Sorry, you seem to have missed the action.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:11 PM
OOC: There's enough action where me and Dagorn are...

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:12 PM
Hank
Your pot shot misses, unlike your shot with the pot, and the goblins rapidly disappear out of range.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 11:14 PM
OOC: No problem, I got one kill at least! :smalltongue:

arguskos
Proto pauses, and contemplates for a moment. He presses a bag of coins into the ogre's hand (totaling 5 gp overall), and says "This unit will return to sample your ales shortly, big meat."

He'll then hustle off towards the mines, hoping to aid Durge.

Roc Ness
Hank
Sighs, and fetches his crossbow bolt (assuming its still whole). He then goes back to the trussed up goblin, and, dragging the goblin behind him, looks for the other Mercs.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 11:16 PM
Proto, moving through the streets, with his blades bloodied, spots Hank moving back from the wall. "Hank, this unit believes there is a battle near the mines, as this one heard a whistle blowing." He motions for the swashbuckler to follow.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:18 PM
Hank
Follows Proto-01 to the mines.

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 11:20 PM
A concerned look flashes across Chik's face; he honestly thought that he ha killed the creature. With a shrug, he puts the torn limbs in his sack and heads towards whichever scene of battle seems closest.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 11:20 PM
Aledar will make his way to the roof, then follow Proto-01 and Hank.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 11:22 PM
The growing horde of Mercs will absorb Chik as they go. :smallamused:

Time to lay siege to this here mine, boys.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:25 PM
P-01, Hank, anyone else that followed

Following Durge's last stated intentions for actions.

When you reach the mines, Durge is attempting to batter the portcullis down with his swords. He has already chopped through several of the sharpened stakes making it inaccessible, and is now blunting the edge of his sword on the gate itself.
Above him, and presumably beyond his sight, a group of kobolds is fussing around the workings of a ballista, helped by several large men covered in rock flour. They appear to be adjusting it to fire a net rather than bolts. Upon seeing you, several of the kobolds leave working and pick up small crossbows, though they don't fire.
Edit: Oh, and there are several bleeding kobolds lying on the floor near Durge's feet.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 11:26 PM
"Well, there is no reason not to be prepared." Aledar says as he pulls out Skitter and calls him to normal size.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:27 PM
Hank
"Wait. Why're we siegin' dese guys again?" He pulls out his crossbow, nontheless.

Koury
2010-04-07, 11:29 PM
Corretha

While her allies have been wreaking havok, Corretha has been gathering information about the mine. How deep is it? What was mined there? How long has it been taken over by goblins? Things like that.

[roll0]

She arrives at the mines the same time as her party does, and she shares any information she has found out.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:34 PM
Corretha
You're not able to find particularly many people able to talk in all of the chaos, but you find out the following:

The mine doesn't have goblins in it, it has kobolds
It's not taken over by anything; the kobolds have always been there, and they've trapped it to hell and back
Possibly mining iron, or was it tin? No, coal, definitely.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 11:34 PM
Proto, scanning the situation, is highly unsure of what's going on. "Comrades, this unit is unsure of what the situation here is. Perhaps tact is called for. Why are there kobolds here, for example? This one was expecting goblins."

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:35 PM
Hank
"Hmm. Durst coal come in ores?" Hank eyes the kobolds suspiciouly.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:37 PM
Hank
The kobolds eye you suspiciously back. At least, you think they do. It's hard to make our their expressions from this far away.

Trodon
2010-04-07, 11:39 PM
"I don't know maybe we'll learn in a minute."

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:39 PM
Hank
Wanders a little closer to the kobolds. As close as he can get without getting poked by crossbows or restricted by walls. "Da'ya speak Common? Halfling (In halfling)? Dwarven? (In dwarven)"

arguskos
2010-04-07, 11:40 PM
"Corretha, would you speak to the kobolds for this unit? It is disliked by most, and you seem to have a quick mind."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:41 PM
Hank
One of the kobolds calls out to you as you approach: "Don't worry, we've got him. Stand back."
The modifications on the ballista look nearly complete by now, and the kobolds are fining-tuning it to point as directly down as possible.

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:45 PM
Hank
"Got who? Durge?" Hank wanders as close to the ballista as he can. Then, standing away from the ballista bolt, he jams the now used sunrod into the ballista, if he can reach the ballista.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:50 PM
Hank
Nope, it's further up the mountain, and loaded with a net rather than a bolt. Sorry if the description earlier wasn't particularly clear.
"Him as is trying to knock down the mountain down below with sword. Get him in net. You have priest? Be needing healing for Svent and Svend."

Roc Ness
2010-04-07, 11:52 PM
Hank
Looks at the fallen Kobolds. "Oh." Hank produces two potions, and looks to the rest of the team for advice.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 11:53 PM
Proto thinks momentarily. "Why did Durge attack you?Was he provoked?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-07, 11:55 PM
"Don't know. Was not here. Heard whistle, found man chopping stakes through. Saw Svent and Svend bleeding."

Lyndworm
2010-04-07, 11:57 PM
"Durge, stop that at once! Even Chik can clearly see that Durge has gone too far."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 12:00 AM
"Oh dear. Durge, stop that! This unit does not think they are our foes." Proto stows his weapons and tries to drag Durge away from the gate. "Chik, assistance please!"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 12:04 AM
Durge subsides slowly and comes back with you, muttering about how the kobolds were about to attack him before he got the jump on them.
As soon as he is out of range, the battered portcullis opens, the stakes fold back into the ground, and kobolds and humans rush out with healer's kits and potions, swarming around the two injured kobolds.

Lyndworm
2010-04-08, 12:06 AM
"Of course, Proto. Chik would be glad to help." Chik goes to help in whatever (non-lethal) way he can, as stated.

Actions -

Grapple check, if necessary:
[roll0]

arguskos
2010-04-08, 12:23 AM
"Chik, this unit likes you. Have you any rope, to tie the stray berserker's hands with?" Proto gestures to poor tired Durge, who Proto feels should be bound for the moment, just in case the kobolds get any funny ideas about revenge, to show he's harmless.

Lyndworm
2010-04-08, 12:51 AM
"Chik does, in fact, possess some rope. He would be happy to lend it to you, for Chik is not very good at tying knots." Fishing in his pack for a moment, Chik pulls out around 50ft of silken rope and hands it to Proto. "What Chik has, Proto has."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 12:56 AM
Proto makes a quick knot to tie Durge's hands with, and keep his longswords away from him and the kobolds. "This unit shares the thought, Chik. What Proto has, Chik has." He pours a quick Orcish Bitterblack Ale for Chik, and passes him the mug.

OOC:

He uses his short sword to cut 2 feet of the rope, and gives the rest back to Chik. Then, he takes ten on Use Rope (netting a 16) to tie a decentish knot around Durge's wrists, just so the fellow doesn't fly off the handle at the kobolds.

Once this is all done, Proto turns back to the kobolds, and approaches, totally unarmed. "This unit wishes to offer aid with your fallen and to speak with you."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 01:05 AM
P-01
The kobolds pause momentarily, then the nearest one says something in their dialect of Draconic, obviously a welcome or similar phrase. She waves aside any help with the injured kobolds for a second, then pauses again, and suggests (in Common) that they might be able to use you as a stable base for a stretcher to get the injured back to their warrens.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 01:07 AM
"Acceptable. Observe." Proto breaks out four short metal rods, and using some clever ties and manipulation between them and his tarp, makes a "canopy" over him that can be used to hold the kobolds inside of it. He walks forward carefully, and lowers himself to the ground, waiting for them to be placed inside.

OOC:

So, normally, he does this for shade, but I guess it could work as a pseudo stretcher.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 01:13 AM
The kobold spends several minutes walking around your construction, checking it thoroughly for strength and admiring its workmanship, then pronounces herself satisfied and has two kobolds lift each of the invalids in turn into the canopy. Once they are firmly in place, she waves you inside.
The inside of the mine looks like the kobolds have hollowed out the entire mountain, despite its small entrance. Nearly every space is occupied either by a mining tunnel or a small warren housing a family of kobolds or a human worker.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 01:19 AM
Proto follows quietly, taking in everything, and moving slowly, as not to disturb the wounded in the stretcher above his head.

OOC:

I'm heading to bed here. We'll pick this up tomorrow.

Lyndworm
2010-04-08, 01:31 AM
Chik drinks the ale given to him by Proto, taking his time to admire the taste and texture. Satisfied, he places the mug and remaining rope in his backpack for later use/returning to Proto.

Chik follows Proto and the Kobolds into the mine, respectful of the people living there but also very wary of traps and the like.

Roc Ness
2010-04-08, 03:16 AM
Hank
Stows his potions away and watches with interest.

Trodon
2010-04-08, 10:15 AM
OOC:
P-01
The kobolds pause momentarily, then the nearest one says something in their dialect of Draconic, obviously a welcome or similar phrase. She waves aside any help with the injured kobolds for a second, then pauses again, and suggests (in Common) that they might be able to use you as a stable base for a stretcher to get the injured back to their warrens.

I understand Draconic, what did it say?

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 10:21 AM
"May nothing be sprung by your feet onto your head as you pass the threshold."

Trodon
2010-04-08, 10:26 AM
"May nothing be sprung by your feet onto your head as you pass the threshold."

"Sounds like they have trapped the entrance, be careful."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 11:20 AM
Proto returns from the trance-like state he entered while walking carefully into the mines. Is the interior of the warren lit at all? Cause, uh, Proto lacks darkvision.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-08, 11:24 AM
Toi-en

The psion will follow along quietly, lost in his own thoughts.

Trodon
2010-04-08, 11:27 AM
Aledar follows with Skitter to his right, watching for anything out of place.

OOC: Spot check: 1d20+9

russdm
2010-04-08, 12:52 PM
OOC: Durge tends to attack first and ask questions later. Besides, he thought they were attacking him first. Didnt know. Rsk also didnt see anything about there being no reason to attack the kobolds.

ic Durge wants his longswords back to put them away. He apoligizes in common for attacking, but says taht having a spear pointed at him menacingly usually means an attack. Durge has darkvision and can see.

Durge comments on the general chaos of goblins burning things and that seeing kobolds, it was easy to assume they were threats as well.

Durge also requests/demands to be untied.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 12:57 PM
"Be wise, Durge. This one apologizes for the ties, but it was needed to secure a friendship and as an apology. This one will release you now." Proto stops for a moment, and carefully unties Durge's hands. Then, he returns Durge's weapons, and continues into the mountain.

russdm
2010-04-08, 01:03 PM
Durge sheathes his weapons and heads into the mountain. He will stop to give some gold to the kobolds for his mistake, giving them 50 gold pieces.

Durge then will go into the mountain following his comrades.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 04:19 PM
P-01
There's enough light to see by, but nowhere near as much as the sun outside, even so late in the evening as it is. The difficulty in seeing is made apparent when the kobold you're following stops you dead in your tracks at an odd clicking sound, and a few seconds later a cart hurtles by at high speed, evidently on rails that are only visible when standing directly on top of them.

Aledar
You don't notice anything particularly off, but you notice immediately after the cart incident that you're standing on top of what is either another set of rails or a lowered tripwire. Looking around, you're also able to make out a great deal of mechanisms on the wall you just entered through, all of nebulous function.

Durge
The kobold you offer the gold to flinches as you reach out, but takes the money anyway. Within seconds, it's been redistributed to 50 kobolds.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 04:24 PM
Proto flinches reactively, realizes he's carrying a pair of seriously wounded kobolds, and destabilizes. "This unit would like it... *huff* if we could get where we are going... urg... a bit faster please. This is not as light as it looks."

Proto, while moderately strong, is beginning to wilt under the strain of the weight, in the cramped warren, with the traps everywhere, and would like to get where he's going before he just flips out and starts killing folk.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 04:29 PM
P-01
Your guide points to a warren on the nearest wall, one level up. It's definitely a wall climb rather than stairs, but easy enough to scale, and you're not excessively tired by the time you get there and are allowed to shed your load of reptiles.
The female kobold that guided you in squats in the entrance to the warren, watching a few other kobolds take care of the invalids. "You mentioned wanting to talk."

Lyndworm
2010-04-08, 04:44 PM
Chik watches the exchange thoughtfully, considering a snack while he waits.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 05:22 PM
Proto, relieved to have those kobolds removed finally, packs his tarp and poles away, before responding. "Yes. This unit wishes to know what you know of the goblins that raided the town. Also, why there are humans here, in your warrens."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 05:41 PM
The kobold shrugs.
"Flatfaces have always been raiding us. They're not even a threat when the grey ogres aren't bullying them into bravery."
She picks at the ground, then snatches up a blind cave cricket, eating it with relish. Swallowing, she continues her explanation.
"We have a truce. The humans act as a barrier, we allow them into our mine. No humans killing kobolds, no kobolds killing humans. That one--" she gestures at Durge "--would have been deep in the mines in chains if those guards had died. More efficient than killing them, don't you think?"
Grabbing at another cave cricket, she offers it to you. "Bad business before, they say. This was a cave-in three generations ago. We collapsed it on them."
She grins a toothy grin. "But now things are better, and we can sell ores without lives taken into the bargain. Better for koboldkind."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 05:47 PM
Proto reaches out, takes the cave cricket, and stows it for later consumption (possibly filleted). "So, the goblins have always raided you. You mention 'grey ogres', where can we find and kill them? And more importantly, would you pay us for the trouble?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 05:54 PM
The cave cricket makes a valiant attempt at escape, but stays in your pack.
"Where you came from, in the lower hills. The tribe with the lightest skin is our worst foe out of the lot."
She stands back up, still significantly shorter than you even at her full height.
"Payment depends on your success. We can't afford to make bad investments, even for mercenaries of your quality. Half before and half after for the tribe dead or driven away, by the head. Skulls also accepted."
She pauses.
"Refunds also accepted for lack of heads."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:19 PM
"This unit does not appreciate being threatened. It will assume that was a mis-speak on your part." Proto will take a single step forward, to accent that threatening him is a lethal mistake.

"We will find and end these ogres. However, price must be debated."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 06:23 PM
"Payment refund, o contraption. Head refunds would be fairly useless, wouldn't you agree?"
She pauses again, stretching her legs.
"There is an accepted rate for ogre heads at ten score each. You wish to charge more, or undercut your competitors?"

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:30 PM
"Good, that we understand the other." Proto thinks for a moment. "We are the best company around. We need the proper coin. 15 score ea-" He cuts himself off, and looks around rapidly.

"How many of your kind live here, scaled meat?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 06:38 PM
Hank

Since you're the only one with Knowledge (Local):
The actual going rate for ogres is 13 score.

P-01
"Twelve, o contraption. And we number ten thousand. You are wondering whether we could be beaten?"

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:42 PM
"No. What do you eat?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 06:44 PM
"Crickets. Spiders. Cockroaches. Worms. Moths. Fish from the lower reaches. Mushrooms. Some say bats are worth the effort of catching, though I disagree."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:45 PM
"Do you eat ogre?"

NineThePuma
2010-04-08, 06:45 PM
"We eat the same thing humans do, construct. Now please, " Damien said, approaching Proto from behind. He glared at the construct, then began speaking to his fellow Kobold in Draconic (their native tongue >>).

<"Apologies. The wilder is... less than controlled, and the construct is... he's a construct. Can you give approximate numbers for the ogre tribe? Our band is many, and twelve is an agreeable price."> Damien gave a look at the rest of the party, counting them off. <"I would dare say that sending them into the lower levels on a false pretense of hunting goblins for a few days would make them cool their heads, but that is neither here nor there.">

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:47 PM
Proto, surprised at Damien's sudden appearance, responds snappily, "This one's question has merit, fool. Permit it the answer."

Roc Ness
2010-04-08, 06:49 PM
Hank
"13 score each. Ogres ain't worth anything in their pockets, so you lot have to chip in a bit more."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 06:52 PM
Damien
The kobold nods at you, chuckling.
<I don't expect my traps to have silver tongues either, young one. Fifty, or thereabouts. Flatfaces in abundance, of course.>

P-01
"Ogre meat makes better candles than eating, o contraption, unless you enjoy the taste of rancid fat."
She turns back to Damien, and yaps another line of Draconic.

Damien
<You must not know our lower levels very well, young one. I would not wish even the Greys and their flatface thralls down there this past month.>

NineThePuma
2010-04-08, 06:53 PM
"People, please. Let me negotiate with my own kind. If we're lucky, I won't have to give them Durge for a month to pay for the guard he killed." Damien says, annoyed. <"How about refitting our expended or destroyed nonmagical equipment on the return as well?">

<"Hmm... 12 per ogre, and 4 per goblinoid, then? Assuming four goblins per ogre that's a sizeable sum, and should satisfy these louts.">

arguskos
2010-04-08, 06:55 PM
"Wait, friend scaled meat. This one has a proposition for the other. It asks 16, in exchange for heads and for as much meat as can be carried, for the use of the other as candles, food, anything. Scaled meats are creative, yes?"

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 07:00 PM
Damien
"<The head of their head for that. Do we have an understanding?>"

P-01
"The kidney fats make good candle tallow, o contraption, and the belly can grind gears. A dozen halved in advance, and eight more upon production of their bodies."

arguskos
2010-04-08, 07:01 PM
"So, 14 total? Acceptable. You shall have their skulls, fat, and bellies, and we shall have your coin."

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 07:02 PM
"Fourteen score per head." She extends a clawed hand for shaking.

arguskos
2010-04-08, 07:04 PM
Proto walks forward, and proffers a hand. "This unit knows not what you and Damien spoke off, but this one does not intend offense, merely fair payment for service. Do not think otherwise, and do not cheat it, and there is no issue between us."

NineThePuma
2010-04-08, 07:07 PM
Damien sighs, looking past the kobold negotiator, longing for the simplicity of the mines, at least for a short while. Mercenary work was tiring."Can we set out in two days? I want to spend some time in town. It would be nice to restock after our last trip." He said to his compatriots and winked at the task mistress. <"Maybe get a chance to be among my own kind for a little while.">

arguskos
2010-04-08, 07:08 PM
"This one has an appointment. Perhaps some time would be wise. What do the others think?" Proto turns to the others, Hank and Chik and such.

rrkkskrrk
2010-04-08, 07:13 PM
The kobolds shakes your hand, and before letting go starts speaking instructions to one of the other kobolds in the warren, who has suddenly appeared at her elbow.
<"The coffer above the weasel vault would do best. Have another make the value of six thousand gold in shaved mithril coins. None below the stamping mark.">
"None is taken, o contraption."