PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 (E6) PEACH class balance for homebrew

Deter
2010-04-06, 02:30 PM
I posted this on RPG.net and didn't get much of a response, perhaps here I will.

I've decided to do some major editing (see below) of my campaign world during my downtime. The block I'm having is with class balance. How do I reflect these changes and maintain power balance between the classes?
CHANGES:
-Using E6 rules
-The greater sentient populace is terrified of magic.
-Using classes only available in the PHB
-No clerics, druids, or wizards
-Only sorcerers and paladins can cast magic
-Paladins can only cast from the healing domain spell list on page 186 of the PHB
-Sorcerers have access to this list
-Very little magical healing available to the party from outside sources
-Only paladins can turn undead

I will post my attempt in the next post

Deter
2010-04-06, 02:35 PM
FIRST ATTEMPT AT CLASS BALANCE

-Sorcerers gain an extra spell slot for cure light wounds at 1st level
-Paladins get healing spells at 3rd level
-Rangers gain animal companion at 2nd and wild shape (specific animal) after 6th level.
-Barbarians gain natural armor bonus +1 at 2nd and 5th.
-Monks gain lay on hands starting 2nd level. Uses Wisdom rather than Charisma
-Fighters gain fighter feats at 2nd & 5th plus all 4th level prerequisite fighter feats available at 1st.
-Rogues gain skill points at 2nd & 5th plus Jack of all Trades bardic feat at 1st. The feat gives1/2 rank in all skills (Complete Adventurer )

If this seems balanced or unbalanced please let me know. Your comments, critiques, and questions are appreciated!

The Duke
2010-04-06, 03:45 PM
Eh, you doing anything with the bard? Frankly if you're taking away it's spell casting I''d just toss it unless you want to give it some neat songs

Or you could save it's casting and can the sorc. :smallbiggrin:

Deter
2010-04-06, 04:04 PM
No bard option. The class availability is tailored for the players.

Right now, I'm trying to just get these particular classes balanced. I understand if you don't like the class options but I know the players do. :) Our group's been together for about 3 years now.

Lappy9000
2010-04-06, 04:09 PM
You might wanna edit the Thread Title to include the fact that you're using E6 in order to grab the right kind of traffic.