PDA

View Full Version : What could possibly go wrong?

pendell
2010-04-06, 04:05 PM
New Road sign in Italy (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1263210/Italian-prostitutes-road-sign-warn-motorists-impending-distraction.html)

Law of unexpected consequences in 3...2...1...

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ilena
2010-04-06, 04:09 PM
Before i even read that, everything :P

after that

ya ... everything :P

Forever Curious
2010-04-06, 04:09 PM
We need some here in the states (signs, that is. We have enough prostitutes).

Worira
2010-04-06, 04:10 PM
"Danger: Cool, refreshing smokes ahead".

golentan
2010-04-06, 04:11 PM
2 words: Free. Advertising.

Icewalker
2010-04-06, 05:31 PM
"Danger: Cool, refreshing smokes ahead".

Well put! Makes one wonder if they didn't realize this...

Shas aia Toriia
2010-04-06, 05:37 PM
Obviously the answer is to legalize prostitution, like where I am. :smallamused:

Flickerdart
2010-04-06, 05:59 PM
What I'm wondering is - can't they just...move?

RandomNPC
2010-04-06, 09:21 PM
after reading that, I figure there'd be a point before then where the mayor would just have police round up suspects and charge them fines just to make people stay off the streets. Make being a suspect half the fine of being caught, the streets will clear out in no time. I think.

Crispy Dave
2010-04-07, 01:17 AM
after reading that, I figure there'd be a point before then where the mayor would just have police round up suspects and charge them fines just to make people stay off the streets. Make being a suspect half the fine of being caught, the streets will clear out in no time. I think.

How about innocent until proven guilty?

RS14
2010-04-07, 01:23 AM
If I were a prostitute, and my town was actively attempting to arrest me, I'd probably avoid the signs indicating that an area was known to the town to be frequented by prostitutes. Such areas are likely to be heavily patrolled by police.

News coverage of this could also lure sex-tourists to the town, expecting widespread prostitution. Fine the clients but not the prostitutes, and this could be made lucrative.

Vulkarius
2010-04-07, 07:43 AM
It's to notify those of us that like to play tag with our cars that said area is now subject to a 2x combo multiplier. For those who like to keep score.

PersonMan
2010-04-07, 09:57 AM
It's to notify those of us that like to play tag with our cars that said area is now subject to a 2x combo multiplier. For those who like to keep score.

Does that stack with the +500 bonus points per pedestrian hit? Or with the x3.5 multiplier for causing an accident?

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-07, 10:05 AM
What, you planning to hit on hookers?

Groundhog
2010-04-07, 12:48 PM
If I were a prostitute, and my town was actively attempting to arrest me, I'd probably avoid the signs indicating that an area was known to the town to be frequented by prostitutes. Such areas are likely to be heavily patrolled by police.

News coverage of this could also lure sex-tourists to the town, expecting widespread prostitution. Fine the clients but not the prostitutes, and this could be made lucrative.

On the other hand, you're not going to get any customers if you hang out someplace where no one knows to find you.

Fining the clients is a good idea, since fining the prostitutes won't do much. There will always be people who are that desperate for money, and for whom the fine will therefore not be a deterrent, since it's a choice between making money and risking a fine and not making money at all. But if the customer pool dries up, then it will no longer be profitable, and will dry up as well,

Cobalt
2010-04-07, 04:39 PM
What, you planning to hit on hookers?

Win. Enter "lulz" here.

Kuma Da
2010-04-07, 04:49 PM
I'm with RS14 on this one, and I think using prostitute-crossing signs as a way to entrap tourists into boosting the local economy is a kind of devilish genius. Now, if you just crank that fine-money into the local schools, the problem'll be all cleared up in a few years.

Of course, this is all assuming that you're not pro-legalization in the first place.

Dr.Epic
2010-04-07, 07:56 PM
Belkar must be happy.

thubby
2010-04-07, 08:22 PM
*reads* what does them being transsexual have to do with any of this :smallconfused:

Shas aia Toriia
2010-04-07, 08:32 PM
*reads* what does them being transsexual have to do with any of this :smallconfused:

After reading the whole article, that is what caught your attention the most?

Raiki
2010-04-07, 08:37 PM

Well, to be fair, they did seem to make a really big deal about it.

~R~

thubby
2010-04-07, 08:40 PM

well they made a point of including it in the picture's caption, and honestly there's not much else to be said about the rest besides *facepalm*

Krade
2010-04-07, 08:48 PM
I put the picture of that sign as my wall paper. I am teh happeez:smallbiggrin:

Tequila Sunrise
2010-04-07, 09:10 PM
{Scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-07, 09:31 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please avoid real world politics in this Forum.

Cealocanth
2010-04-07, 10:10 PM
Just to name a few really good ones I've seen.

Attention! Leprachaun Crossing!

Warning: Water.

Attention! Hitchhikers may want tips.

Recycle! Save the enviornment.(Found printed on a recycleing bin tossed into the middle of a river like trash.

Kallisti
2010-04-09, 12:43 PM
I'm with RS14 on this one, and I think using prostitute-crossing signs as a way to entrap tourists into boosting the local economy is a kind of devilish genius. Now, if you just crank that fine-money into the local schools, the problem'll be all cleared up in a few years.

This. /thread.

RandomNPC
2010-04-09, 05:07 PM
How about innocent until proven guilty?

Just to play devil advocate, how about "being held on suspicion"

Also, this one may have been setup i duno, but there was an episode of COPS a while ago where they walked up to a woman on the streets in Vegas, told her they thought she was a prostitute and they would arest her if she couldn't prove she wasn't. They gave her a cell phone and fifteen minuets, nobody she called showed up to vouch for her and she was arrested.