PDA

View Full Version : Lost a feat

Vikazc
2010-04-06, 05:32 PM
I was perusing books looking for things to add to my Warlock1/Cleric4/EldritchDisciple6 when I came across a feat that let you grow dragon scales as armor. I want to say it gave +6 AC at first level, and +1 per 3 levels after. It also granted resistance 5, increasing to 10 at 10. It basically replaced armor, couldnt wear anything over it, couldnt use monk ac with it cause it counted as medium armor, etc.

I think it said you could grow it in 10 minutes, and slough it off as a full round action.. but I'm not sure. I want to say it was in Dragon Magic or Races of the Dragon, but now I cant find it to save my life.

Help?

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-04-06, 05:44 PM
You're thinking of the Dragonscale Husk ACF, in Dragon Magic. It's available to any class that grants heavy armor at the level they gain proficiency, so cleric doesn't get it by default. Sloughing off requires 10 minutes as well.

Vikazc
2010-04-06, 05:48 PM
but clerics do have heavy armor proficiency...?

HunterOfJello
2010-04-06, 05:50 PM
but clerics do have heavy armor proficiency...?

unless you're a cloistered cleric, yes

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-04-06, 05:54 PM
My bad; I meant to say that not all versions of cleric get it by default; since most every cleric theurge build I've seen uses cloistered cleric, I just kind of assumed you were going the cloistered route with that build. Assuming standard cleric, yes, you can take it.

Volthawk
2010-04-06, 06:05 PM
You need the Dragonblood subtype or the Dragon type to use it though. The Dragontouched feat gets you the subtype, though (in the same book).