PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon - The Very Best (OOC THREAD)

Pages : [1] 2

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:07 PM
I think we should move most of the OOC for the pokemon thread here, just to be on the clean side.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 09:11 PM
should probably post characters here >.>

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-06, 09:12 PM
Good idea!

This will keep the main thread clean(er). Bit late for my stuff, though...

Edit: Ninja! Perhaps it is a good idea to post characters here for now. I'll move mine over...

Edit: Here:

Eternal Drifter:
Trainer Class: Chosen
Hometown: Eterna City
Ribbons: (None)
Badges: (None)
Cash: (None... it all went into the temple:smallbiggrin:)

Pokemon:
Pikachu (Male, Level 5)
Chikorita (Female, Level 5)
Sentret (Female, Level 3)
Zubat (Male, Level 2)

There is a reason why Drifter's Poke'mon are all low level...

Drifter:
Human Cleric of Arceus 1/Wizard 1

He leaps into battle himself more often than sending his Poke'mon out... and that is not often, considering one of his projects...

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:19 PM
Trainer: Eric Nomayer
Role: Pokemon League Official (Possible GM, if players want an outside force to decide battles.)

Personality: Eric tries his hardest to behave like his favorite movie stars, constantly trying to portray himself as cool, calm, and collected. The kind of guy the ladies love, and the other guys want to be. Of course, his pokemon have other ideas and constantly love to get their trainer into all sorts of trouble when they aren't playing pranks on him. A junior league official, its his job to monitor other trainers to make sure they aren't cheating or abusing their pokemon.

Pokemon:
Gyrados Level 22
Tackle
Bite
Surf
Splash

Rhydon Level 18
Tackle
Dig
Roar
Screech

Nidorino Level 18
Peck
Double Kick
Thunderbolt
Leer

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 09:22 PM
@Foeofthelance: Epic Win on all counts.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:27 PM
Hahaha, thanks. Now, to see how well this works. My biggest concern is people running into endless loops on whether or not they win or lose against other PCs.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 09:35 PM
like it has been said elsewhere: Players should talk out all fights beforehand. also the Pokemon rules should be observed like say right now if Jake has one grass move on each of his grass types, he should win. all of Tiffany's poke'mon are water.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-06, 09:35 PM
Endless loops... unlikely with my poke'mon... all EXTREMELY low level (currently max is 5).

But a question... how well do you think a human can fight Poke'mon? Because my character was a fighter of sorts, defeating weak Poke'mon with only his staff.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 09:36 PM
i think that is a bit iffy on your char Eternal Drifter i am not sure how that will work.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:43 PM
Endless loops... unlikely with my poke'mon... all EXTREMELY low level (currently max is 5).

But a question... how well do you think a human can fight Poke'mon? Because my character was a fighter of sorts, defeating weak Poke'mon with only his staff.

Well, depending on the pokemon and how well you are trained as a staff fighter, I would probably say any non-fighting, basic level pokemon under about level 25-30. You probably wouldn't be able to beat a Graveller, but a Geodude could be stoppable until it learned things like Rock Throw and Explosion. So it probably depends heavily on the pokemon.

As for endless loops, I just mean the old Cops & Robbers "I shot you! No you didn't!" I think its a good idea if a few of us at least offer to GM fights if other players want us to. Of course, that means we get all the hate for whatever we decide the outcome to be!

like it has been said elsewhere: Players should talk out all fights beforehand. also the Pokemon rules should be observed like say right now if Jake has one grass move on each of his grass types, he should win. all of Tiffany's poke'mon are water.

To which I can only say, "Aim for the horn pikachu!" :smallwink:

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-06, 09:46 PM
Drifter can use a couple Poke'mon moves... but at low power.

Recover (but can be used on someone else instead of just Drifter) (Cleric)
Tackle (Obviously)
Swift (Wizard's spell (think Magic Missile))
Bone Club (Basicly, whack the opponent with Drifter's staff)

Type: Normal or ???
Level: 8
Ability: Anger Point
Stats:
HP: 20
Attack: 12
Defense: 12
Special Attack: 14
Special Defence: 13
Speed: 14

waterpenguin43
2010-04-06, 09:46 PM
also the Pokemon rules should be observed like say right now if Jake has one grass move on each of his grass types, he should win. all of Tiffany's poke'mon are water.

That's not entirely true, see. It would severly damage both, but not kill, or Tiffany's Spheal would one hit KO Grotle.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 09:48 PM
to the joke :smallconfused:

my sister mused that in the poke' universe all people were physically very weak, i mean you beat a T. Rocket grunt or Exec and the run screaming!
Edit: sorry Ice are hard to come by in the game so i don't know much about them. :/

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:52 PM
"Aim for the horn!" is from when Ash fought Blaine for the Volcano badge. Rhydon was naturally shrugging off all Pika's attacks, being a ground type. So Ash had Pikachu aim for the horn...and one shotted Rhydon. Which is also why it now has "Lightening Rod" as a pokemon ability in the games.

Edit: I should have a Rhyhorn, not a Rhydon on my party. I got the evolution mixed up. Serves me right for not checking Bulbapedia first.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 09:54 PM
Name: Blue (no relation to the Blue of the games)

Pokemon:
Floodgate (Rotom-W)
Wellspring (Bronzong)
Orichalcos (Starmie)
Behemoth (Swampert)
Leviathan (Kingdra)
(last slot yet undecided)
Levels as standard for the anime Pokemon League (no idea what that would be).

Blue is a veteran trainer specializing in the Water type, who has competed in many Pokemon League tournaments and won a few. He no longer battles much, but he enjoys the company of younger trainers.

Question: Can I have a Phione? It's legendary, but as far as I know, it's not unique. I'm thinking that perhaps I could have met Manaphy and received an egg from it somehow.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 09:57 PM
I think we're saving the legends for later, if only until we can get the game on solid footing. That, and it avoids complaints about why X has Y legend. I know phione isn't technically a unique, but depending on what we're using as canon (anime? manga? videogames?) then neither is anything else except maybe the Dragon Gods.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:00 PM
All right then. Need to decide what goes in my last slot. Lanturn, maybe?

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:02 PM
Sounds ok. Not sure what we can throw at you yet, though.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:03 PM
I'll mostly just be an observer. Won't be battling much yet.

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:04 PM
Sounds good.

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 10:05 PM
I thought about making a character like that, Blue, but I didn't.

So there. :smalltongue:

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:07 PM
"So there"? :smallconfused:

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why I put that there either.

It's a mystery!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 10:27 PM
Hmmm...this sounds like it could be pretty fun.

Too bad I know nothing about the new pokemon places. I just know Johto and Kanto.

Woodsman
2010-04-06, 10:29 PM
Name: Daniel
Pokemon: Quilava 17, Mudkip 15, Munchlax 10
Description: Brown hair/eyes, enjoys red shirts and blue jeans.
Hometown: Blackthorn, Johto
Badges: 1 (atm)
Ribbons: 0

There, that's taken care of.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:30 PM
Hmmm...this sounds like it could be pretty fun.

Too bad I know nothing about the new pokemon places. I just know Johto and Kanto.

Don't worry about it. Sinnoh is very similar. I'm not even sure which part of Sinnoh this is taking place in right now.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 10:32 PM
the important rules of the first post in the 'IC' thread probably should be put here too. >.>

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:33 PM
Actually, I don't even know if we are in Sinnoh. Spheal is from Hoenn, while Gortle is from Sinnoh. My guys are Kanto for the most part. Let's say Kanto for now, that way we have access to Team Rocket.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:34 PM
The opening post stated Sinnoh, though not where in Sinnoh.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 10:35 PM
Well, very similar, but there's like a million new pokemon, of which I only know Lucario, because he's in Super Smash Bros.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-06, 10:37 PM
Does that really matter? You don't need to know all of the new Pokemon. Just stick with your favorites. Come join us! :smallbiggrin:

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:38 PM
Well, Sinnoh it is then. How about the second city? Sand Gem town sounds like a good place, since its close to the water.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 10:38 PM
Okay, sure. That works.

So, I have a question, though. Will this be more of a "Battle everybody! and get badges" FFRPG? Or a "Players get to choose stuff" FFRPG? Or am I making no sense anyway, but it doesn't matter?

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 10:40 PM
Well, that depends. If people just want to battle each other, that's fine. If you want a more story driven event, that's fine too. Just depends on who you want to deal with. I, for example, wouldn't mind a more story driven game, instead of just a bunch of random shoddy battles.

Goblin Music
2010-04-06, 11:06 PM
but the battles are fine, right?:smalltongue::smallsmile:

i think story would be fun.

i like Canalave for my gym. and i think Vincent (my character) will have a bunch of pokemon i find cool (scyther, spearow, vulpix, Meowth, ditto, furret, and houdour, absol, umbreon, murkrow, poochyena) most of which he will keep for gym battling, the rest he will use when roaming about. you have to find him and talk him into fighting you first. :smallamused:

Edit: playing a pokemon? neat!

Foeofthelance
2010-04-06, 11:08 PM
Hahaha, it wouldn't be pokemon without the battles! I just want some you know, characterization and a bit of a plot to go with it.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-06, 11:14 PM
Oh, I am so getting in on this.

And I think I'll be transferring over one of my current characters. Alysha. She's fun to play as.

Now I just gotta pick the Pokemon.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-04-06, 11:26 PM
I think I, too, am so getting in this. But I'll have to decide between Random Kid and the trainer in my head, Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter.

Of course I don't mean monster hunter as in "Argh, a golbat, taste my silver crossbow bolts!" but more like a Hiker type trainer who goes on long treks on the look out for for rumours and the big, scary looking beasts.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-06, 11:44 PM
hmm.....to play in this or not play in this, that is the question....

well I do play the DS games, but hate the anime that gone downhill years ago....

its times like this when you need to flip a coin, which will be represented by rolling a fictional d2

1d2

edit: for some reason, this isn't working....

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-06, 11:44 PM
Name: Alysha
Description: Wears sneakers, blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a black hoodie. She also wears black half gloves. She has brown hair that falls past her shoulders. She has hazel eyes.

Her personality is pretty much always happy. She seems to be in a good mood all the time. She nicknames every Pokemon she catches. She runs the name by her Pokemon first, to see if they like it. She is very friendly, and likes meeting new people.

Hometown: Goldenrod City

Pokemon:

Leafy (Female Chikorita, Lvl 11, knows Tackle, Growl, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder)

Bongo (Male Aipom, Lvl 7, knows Scratch, Tail-Whip, Sand Attack)

Ember (Female Ponyta, Lvl 10, knows Tackle, Growl, Tail-Whip, Ember)

Smoke (Male Gastly, Lvl 8, knows Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look)

Je dit Viola
2010-04-06, 11:46 PM
Sadly, the dice command doesn't work in this sub-forum. Only in the other Play by Post threads.

...And I don't have a character thought up yet. Yours looks good!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-06, 11:55 PM
Thanks. This seems like it'll be fun.

So, is the Misdreavous a wild Pokemon? Or is it one that you're character will catch?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:02 AM
Well, I don't have a character, so...

I guess the Misdreavus is WILD.

Wild Misdreavus attacked!

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 12:45 AM
oh, it only works in the Pbp forums? weird...

I got a 2....I have decided that means I'll join, this forum is somewhat slow on updates for one thing so I think branching out is good here.

I think I'll play a villain, I'm not worried about losing, no one dies in pokemon anyways.

Name: Scallon
Appearance: He is a youth of 16 years of age, he has messy orange hair, green eyes, and wears a big blue jacket, he wears tan pants and a green shirt, plus normal tennis shoes.
Personality: he acts friendly and polite around people, always setting himself up as a great guy to know, but he is actually a big liar and is a pokemon pickpocket- instead of using unsubtle grab-and-run tactics (like team rocket) he just waits until the person is not looking and then quietly takes their pokeballs when their pokemon is inside, goes in the opposite direction and quickly sells the pokemon on the black market, the Skitty forever perched on his shoulder only enhances his "great guy" image- while being a scout and lookout as well.
Pokemon:
Skitty (scout, lookout, image enhancer, pokeball retriever)
moves:
tackle
sing
doubleslap
dream eater
Diglett (to dig him out of jail)
moves:
dig
magnitude
mud bomb
slash
Marill (primary fighter in case an Officer Jenny or some equivalent with a Growlithe comes along and recognizes him)
moves:
water gun
tackle
bubblebeam
rollout
Vulpix (in case someone thought it'd be funny if they used a grass or electric type to take out the Marill)
moves:
flamethrower
quick attack
ember
confuse ray

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 12:50 AM
Well, that's good that you decided to join!

Villains are good, which is good, which means more plot and confrontations.

Forever Curious
2010-04-07, 02:12 AM
Hmm...any chance I could play either 1) an Ex-Rocket member, 2) an Ex-Elite Four member, or 3) an Ex-Gym Leader?

Regardless, here's my character:

Name: Amadeus aka Alby
Pokemon: Umbreon, Exeggutor, Politoed, Mismagius (levels dependent on backstory)
Description: Tall and lanky with long, unkept dark purple hair. Dresses in black, including a leather trench coat over a black tank top and black pants.
Personality: Once upon a time, Amadeus was a respected and powerful trained in his own right. Then, the incident occured tha would change his life forever...(insert dramatic event based on story).

After that, his sanity stared slipping. He started on a world traveling quest for reasons unknown, just wandering about...
Home town: Ecruteak (sp?)
Badges (update this and ribbons as well): -
Ribons: -

Pokemon

Umbreon (Dark Pulse, Snatch, Assurance, Quick Attack)

Exeggutor (Sleep Powder, Sunny Day, Confusion, Solar Beam)

Politoed (Perish Song, Whirl Pool, Hypnosis, Surf)

Mismagius (Curse, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray)

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-07, 02:13 AM
Looks good to me. Far as I know, you could be any of those.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 03:14 AM
Here my character, and it is:

Name: Alric
Pokemon: Magnemite, Piplup, Shedinja, Psyduck (leveled and evolved as appropriate)

Descripticon: Tall and skinny with wild, curly brown hair and glasses. Wears long, brown trousers and top, with a long yellow raincoat over the top. Red rectangular glasses.

Personality: Originally spending all his days in his room with a small games console for company, he was a frequent player of a game in which you had to catch weird animals, like lions and bears, in these things called "cages" and battling them against each other. He found his first Pokemon, the Magnemite, clinging to the back of said console draining the power from it. It's never worked since. Luckily, this gave him another, more fun hobby - going around in real life catching weird things called "Pokemon" in things called "Pokeballs" and battling them against each other.

Actually, that's not much of a difference.

Oh well. At least he gets some fresh air this way.

(NB: He is... let me say... a leetle bit crazy.)

Home town: Sunyshore City
Badges & Ribbons: still to come

Magnemite (LV 22 ThunderShock, SonicBoom, Thunder Wave, Thunder)

Piplup (LV 9 Pound, Growl, Flail, Bubble)

Shedinja (LV 14 Scratch, Leech Life, Shadow Ball, Fury Swipes)

Psyduck (LV 19 Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Confusion)

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 05:34 AM
Setting question here... So, we've set this in Sinnoh, but will it be before or after the demise of team Galactic?

If it's after, that'll allow for a criminal power vacuum that all sorts of organisations (including team rocket) could try to step into...

I'm very tempted to try RPing a Rocket Grunt (possibly even a rocket executive) of moderate skill, though I can also provide gym battles where necessary...

Edit: In the back of my mind, Rocket Executive Vostok is beginning to take shape... as is the Multiple Launch Capture Rocket System... Shall leave it at that, just in case this doesn't really fit the unfolding setting though.

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 07:19 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/y12df.jpg
Name: Jason
Home town: Goldenrod, Recently moved to Sinnoh, cutting short his gym campaign
Badges: 3 (Zephyr, Hive, Plain)

Pokemon:
Kabuto 25 (Starter, a relative acquired it on a trip to Kanto and gave it to him)
Water Pulse
Rock Throw
Mud Shot
Bubblebeam

Smoochum 23
Ice Punch
Powder Snow
Confusion
Sing

Houndour 23
Ember
Bite
Howl
Flamethrower

His pokemon have certain moves because He bought TMs from Goldenrod

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 07:38 AM
Name: "channeler" Vlad Darkraiborn
Pokemon (be sure to change this when your party changes): Ditto lv. 15 Octillery lv. 25 Porygon-Z lv. 12 Smergle lv. 21
Description:This tan skinned Child wearing an obviously burned
Hat (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11969129) and hair cut similar to darkrai's. when he was born on newmoon island darkrai supposedly entered his body and now possesses Vlad when ever it wants so he is believed to be an evil creature. a criminal in Celestic he now wanders looking for a way to remove his curse...
Home town: Celestic Town (born in Newmoon Island)
Badges: 1

TA-DA! My character!

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 09:09 AM
Okay, I have decided that, unless any objections arise, I shall play the following character:

Name: "Team Rocket Executive" Vostok

Description: Approximately 6ft tall and broad across the shoulders, Vostok is not terribly muscled. Wearing Black jeans, white trainers and a black Hawaiian shirt with a repeated red 'R' motif, Vostok has the deniability that most other Team Rocket personnel lack- and could more easily be mistaken for a member of the general public- though he often wears a black trenchcoat over all of this. He is slightly short-sighted and wears glasses, and his black hair runs past shoulder length and is frequently tied up into a ponytail to keep it out of his way.

Pokemon: LV16 Alakazam, Lv18 Glameow, Lv19 Steelix
Hometown: Cherrygrove City, Johto (he has just arrived in the Sinnoh region- on 'business'
Badges and Ribbons: None, though he has sold fakes of both to finance team rocket schemes in the past.

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 09:30 AM
Vincent

appearance:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_0Kv3yrbDOss/S7yYOvTW3FI/AAAAAAAAAHk/MnCc_7k-xYE/Vincent.gif
Profession: Gym leader
Location of Gym: Canalave
Gym type: Dark
Speech color: gray
backstory and personality to be added later
gym team: (data on them to be added)

houdour
absol
umbreon
murkrow
poochyena

other pokemon:

Sky scyther lvl 22 (wing attack, false swipe, agility, quick attack)
Noctowl lvl 20 (peck, fly, reflect, hypnosis)
Growlithe lvl 18 (bite, ember, odor sleuth, roar)
Meowth lvl 15 (Bite, scratch, cut, growl)
Kadabra lvl 17 (Confusion, embargo, teleport)
Sneasel lvl 15 (bite, faint attack, quick attack, taunt)

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 09:43 AM
Vincent

appearance:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_0Kv3yrbDOss/S7yYOvTW3FI/AAAAAAAAAHk/MnCc_7k-xYE/Vincent.gif
Profession: Gym leader
Location of Gym: Canalave
Gym type: Dark
Speech color: gray
backstory and personality to be added later
gym team: (data on them to be added)

houdour
absol
umbreon
murkrow
poochyena

other pokemon:

Sky scyther lvl 22 (wing attack, false swipe, agility, quick attack)
Noctowl lvl 20 (peck, fly, reflect, hypnosis)
Growlithe lvl 18 (bite, ember, odor sleuth, roar)
Meowth lvl 15 (Bite, scratch, cut, growl)
Kadabra lvl 17 (Confusion, embargo, teleport)
Sneasel lvl 15 (bite, faint attack, quick attack, taunt)

Thought Canalave gym was Steel type... perhaps you'd be better off inserting your own gym in a town that doesn't have one already (maybe Celestic town for example)

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 10:31 AM
Thought Canalave gym was Steel type... perhaps you'd be better off inserting your own gym in a town that doesn't have one already (maybe Celestic town for example)

that is a possibility, but if we are playing a time shifted version of the cannon Byron might not be the gym leader, he could be retired or a raising a kid depending on the time set of the game. As to the type argument, Vincent could be a relative of Byron (a possibility i was thinking of) or a mentor/student. I mainly chose Canalave because it's place on the E4 pilgrimage, almost at the end but not associated with anything else (Hearthome is where the goast gym is but is tied to the Poke' contest for example). it is also part of the gym system already, no need to make major changes to a town to make a gym fit (gyms attract people, and all the small towns are, therefor, flavored against a gym).
at least that's my reasoning. (although the type section probably has nothing to do with type.)

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 10:51 AM
Edited my character

Mina Kobold
2010-04-07, 11:24 AM
This looks really interesting, can i join?

Can I make a character who can understand his Pokémon's speak? You know, like some people and their dogs (though that doesn't seem to work in real life)

Do the character have to 'own' the Pokémon for it to fight for him/her?

I'll make a character as soon as I get answers... And I get refreshed my knowledge of Pokémon, I haven't had much to do with it since I was about ten years old :smallredface:

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 11:35 AM
sure there are some pokemon that know poke'speak to help you with the understanding, chatot (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chatot_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29) is one. don't think so, the poke'mon might have bonded with the trainer for instance, like how some animals treat their owners differently than others.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-07, 11:55 AM
sure there are some pokemon that know poke'speak to help you with the understanding, chatot (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chatot_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29) is one. don't think so, the poke'mon might have bonded with the trainer for instance, like how some animals treat their owners differently than others.

So humans can actually learn poké'speak? I was just thinking he/she had spent so much time with the Pokémon that he/she understood it based on how it was acting and sounding at the moment.

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 11:58 AM
actually it's that the chatot speaks human speak.
I like you're way better though

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 12:01 PM
it's more like the pokemon learns Common but i suppose a human could possibly learn to understand pokespeak (like Han can understand Chewy in Star Wars), the second option would be the easiest, and more probable, of the two.
in summery; yes but to a vague degree. communication would be one sided and you would have a good understanding of your pokemon's mood.

if my logic is sound. *nodnod*

Mina Kobold
2010-04-07, 12:08 PM
it's more like the pokemon learns Common but i suppose a human could possibly learn to understand pokespeak (like Han can understand Chewy in Star Wars), the second option would be the easiest, and more probable, of the two.
in summery; yes but to a vague degree. communication would be one sided and you would have a good understanding of your pokemon's mood.

if my logic is sound. *nodnod*

Well that's kinda what I meant, to give an example:

Pokémon: I smell Beedrills in those trees, let's avoid them

Human: Bad thing over there, don't go there. Got it.

So the human understand that there is something bad and that the Pokémon wants to avoid it, but not what it is or why

lord pringle
2010-04-07, 12:09 PM
Well that's kinda what I meant, to give an example:

Pokémon: I smell Beedrills in those trees, let's avoid them

Human: Bad thing over there, don't go there. Got it.

So the human understand that there is something bad and that the Pokémon wants to avoid it, but not what it is or why
I like it ... My cat and I have the same thing.

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 12:24 PM
exactly. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Wabbajack
2010-04-07, 12:29 PM
Are Pokémon limited to 4 moves? I always saw that as game mechanic and nothing more^^

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 12:33 PM
dunno, it helps to limit the power of a particular pokemon and makes it easier to roleplay battles and that is about as much use as i see.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 12:34 PM
Are Pokémon limited to 4 moves? I always saw that as game mechanic and nothing more^^

It is something they try (and occasionally fail) to stick to in the anime as well though.

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 12:38 PM
or is it that they are trying to portray that pok'emon can "level up" in the middle of the battle?
not trying to contradict you, just trying to apply reason to the occasional fail.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 12:43 PM
or is it that they are trying to portray that pok'emon can "level up" in the middle of the battle?
not trying to contradict you, just trying to apply reason to the occasional fail.

Not in the case I'm thinking of... probably a translation failure actually- because I'm not certain Snorlax's headbutt was intended as the proper Headbutt attack... (this leaves us with Protect, Body Slam, Ice Punch and Hyper Beam...)

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 01:55 PM
I say we bump it up to 5 or 6 attacks. Any objection?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:00 PM
Six attacks?

That's alright. Great, in fact, because I was having difficulty trying to limit down the moves of the Misdreavus down to 4.

With 6, she has:
Perish Song
Mean Look
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
Psybeam
Destiny Bond

So, yeah. That's the moves she will have.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 02:14 PM
About Hypnosis:

I'm going to say, since the 4 was rolled, then it succeeded, because 60% is the target, and it's easier if you just translate it directly from percent to numbers.

So, I would say that a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 would have succeeded, but a 7, 8, 9, 10 would have failed.

That's my thoughts on it.

\/ I agree with that more. It makes more sense, because Pokemon shouldn't forget how to growl, but rules were made up to make it more fair.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 02:18 PM
I think that there shouldn't really be a limit to the number of moves, but each Pokemon should only be allowed to use 4 moves per battle in official battles.

Goblin Music
2010-04-07, 02:24 PM
\/ I agree with that more. It makes more sense, because Pokemon shouldn't forget how to growl, but rules were made up to make it more fair.

more like they forget that it is useful in combat, slips their mind when focused on defeating the opponent.

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-07, 02:47 PM
This sounds like it could be pretty fun if it all works out, though I think it'd be better to use the Kanto/Johto region instead of Sinnoh

Trainer: Strange Lifeform Ikaruga
A man who became obsessed with the musician Imakuni, and decided to become just like him, except using actual pokemon instead of cards. He is South-East Asian, wears black sunglasses, and wears a black rubber suit with antenna things coming out of the top.

Pokemon:

Level 10 MissingNo, it knows Water Gun, Sky attack, Razor Wind, and Earthquake

level 15 Drowzee, knows Pound, Hypnosis, Confusion, and Headbut

Level 13 an X Unown, knows Hidden Power

Level 5 Slowpoke, only knows tackle and yawn

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 02:58 PM
Personally, I think Unown should be able to use secret power as well as hidden power.

John Cribati
2010-04-07, 03:05 PM
MissingNo... really?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 03:08 PM
((Missingno. turns all your Charizards into Magikarp!))
(Well, it's happened to me in Red version, when my brother caught a Missingno, and did stuff to it.)
(Then, I battled him, and my ditto turned into a blue pidgey who knew fire punch)

So, I'm wondering, is there any plot yet? Or is there just adjusting-to-new-FFRPG?

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 03:13 PM
((Missingno. turns all your Charizards into Magikarp!))
(Well, it's happened to me in Red version, when my brother caught a Missingno, and did stuff to it.)
(Then, I battled him, and my ditto turned into a blue pidgey who knew fire punch)

So, I'm wondering, is there any plot yet? Or is there just adjusting-to-new-FFRPG?

Well, Team Rocket Executive Vostok has wonderfully evil plot-type plans once his newly ordered gadget arrives- but he'll probably battle and/or sell fake badges and ribbons until his contact shows. He could do with having some grunts though.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 03:44 PM
Setting question here... So, we've set this in Sinnoh, but will it be before or after the demise of team Galactic?

If it's after, that'll allow for a criminal power vacuum that all sorts of organisations (including team rocket) could try to step into...

I'm very tempted to try RPing a Rocket Grunt (possibly even a rocket executive) of moderate skill, though I can also provide gym battles where necessary...

Edit: In the back of my mind, Rocket Executive Vostok is beginning to take shape... as is the Multiple Launch Capture Rocket System... Shall leave it at that, just in case this doesn't really fit the unfolding setting though.

I'd say after the demise of Team Galactic's biggest plot. My character refers to the incident on Mt. Cornet, so Cyrus is probably gone. Galactic still stands... but is busy working on alternative energy sources instead of creating new worlds. What do you all say?

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 03:54 PM
Cyrus isn't gone. He's still at large, plotting the destruction of the universe.
I would like to see another plot with Cyrus, though perhaps not Team Galactic. That would be interesting, if someone would play Cyrus and whatever NPC minions he may have.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-07, 03:58 PM
Cyrus isn't gone. He's still at large, plotting the destruction of the universe.
I would like to see another plot with Cyrus, though perhaps not Team Galactic. That would be interesting, if someone would play Cyrus and whatever NPC minions he may have.

I'd disagree slightly here. Cyrus is currently behind bars, whilst a trial for the events at Mt. Coronet is ongoing, but there is still the possibility of a breakout or being acquitted by a corrupt judge.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 04:00 PM
I'd disagree slightly here. Cyrus is currently behind bars, whilst a trial for the events at Mt. Coronet is ongoing, but there is still the possibility of a breakout or being acquitted by a corrupt judge.

Is he? As I recall, he escaped the Distortion World without harm, at least in the games. Are you referring to the anime?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 04:00 PM
I said probably. It is possible that Cyrus is still around, just no longer attached to his old team. That way, there is a good power vacuum for other villianous organizations to come to Shinnoh, allowing for some more plots.

Also, Drifter here is trying to convert people to the worship of Acreus, the Original One. This vacuum is for more than just power now...

And just to be safe, Sentret has the following moves in battle:

Scratch, Foresight, and Surf, with the Run Away ability

Edit: 2 Ninjas

ThePhantom
2010-04-07, 04:01 PM
This looks interesting, I might join this later.

Also, as for Team Galactic, you could use Charon. Just a thought.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:02 PM
Wait...Cyrus? Isn't he a good guy? [/istotallyconfused]

Or maybe I'm confusing Pokemon with Chrono Trigger.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 04:02 PM
This looks interesting, I might join this later.

Also, as for Team Galactic, you could use Charon. Just a thought.

Charon? HE is behind bars, unless he managed to escape. Looker caught him trying to steal the Magma Stone.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:12 PM
So, anyone up for something?

Maybe a battle, or random plot thing, or Wild Pokemon Attacked?

The Librarian
2010-04-07, 04:13 PM
*Looks up at forum name*

I've gotta be dreaming this.
*Slaps self*

...Nope definitely real. I think i want in on this.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 04:29 PM
So, anyone up for something?

Maybe a battle, or random plot thing, or Wild Pokemon Attacked?

My Togekiss is still here, though I don't know where to go with her. Maybe if you initiate the conversation?
My computer's been acting up, so I'm sorry if I suddenly disappear in the middle of something.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 04:35 PM
This sounds like it could be pretty fun if it all works out, though I think it'd be better to use the Kanto/Johto region instead of Sinnoh

Trainer: Strange Lifeform Ikaruga
A man who became obsessed with the musician Imakuni, and decided to become just like him, except using actual pokemon instead of cards. He is South-East Asian, wears black sunglasses, and wears a black rubber suit with antenna things coming out of the top.

Pokemon:

Level 10 MissingNo, it knows Water Gun, Sky attack, Razor Wind, and Earthquake

level 15 Drowzee, knows Pound, Hypnosis, Confusion, and Headbut

Level 13 an X Unown, knows Hidden Power

You there! You brought the curse of 'M to this forum!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:37 PM
My Togekiss is still here, though I don't know where to go with her. Maybe if you initiate the conversation?
My computer's been acting up, so I'm sorry if I suddenly disappear in the middle of something.

Maybe...
Or, I could toss in something else, as well, since there's supposed to be a kidnapping, but the kidnapper has deadtimed.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 04:40 PM
...Pokemon?
Squee! Where do I sign up?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:41 PM
You sign up right here!

And, maybe I should make a Trainer person, just for fun.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 04:43 PM
Oh, cool. :smallsmile:
So can we just have random Pokemon, or do we need trainers?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 04:50 PM
Well, so far, I have a random Pokemon, waiting for someone to battle her or catch her or eat her or something.

I think everyone else has trainers.

And I need to make a trainer or something.

nanobot_swarm
2010-04-07, 04:56 PM
You there! You brought the curse of 'M to this forum!

At least it's not Charizard M, which would turn all other pokemon into Charizard M

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 05:06 PM
So, I'm thinking I want my Trainer Person to have...

...Misdreavus (She could catch the one I have?)
Ponyta
Eevee
Houndour
Larvitar
Dratini

And, I'm wondering what's our stance on making up new Pokemon? Maybe if no trainer has it, but it's wild?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 05:10 PM
If it's not on Bulbapedia as a poke'mon from 1-493, Drifter will start yelling about abominations. MissingNo will probably be one of the first to be the blunt of his rantings.
Edit: Ninja'd... Pay attention if you wish.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 05:12 PM
Thanks. I'll think about that.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 05:13 PM
I think MissingNo. should be considered a pokemon, it has set moves and a type. Please PM me pokemon ideas and preferabley a picture with the information.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 05:28 PM
Well, actually, the pokemon I'm thinking of is based off of another game, which has monsters who have evolutions and stuff.

So...I don't know. It's just a silly idea, anyway.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 05:30 PM
Silly? THIS. IS. THE PLAYGROUND! :smallbiggrin:

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 05:39 PM
Well, if you want to know, it was (Slight Screen Stretch)http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/talesofsymphonia_wii/blog/img/images/080701_1b.jpg that came to my mind, since I played the game a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anyway.

And now, I need to get back to trying to decide what color my Trainer's hair should be. Probably red, maybe.

Falgorn
2010-04-07, 06:21 PM
I've chosen my Pokemon, and a trainer!

Name: Youngster Quinn
Sex: Male
Appearance: Tall and lanky, dark, curly hair, dark skin, brown eyes.
Has binoculars, silver-lensed sunglasses, and a cowboy hat.
Pokemon:

Larvitar

Level 12
Knows Bite, Leer, Sandstorm, and Screech

Growlithe

Level 9
Knows Bite, Roar, Ember, and Leer

Trapinch

Level 9
Knows Bite and Sand Attack
Misc:Sprites for teh Pokemans!
http://www.dragonflycave.com/rsspritesshiny/246larvitarshiny.png
http://www.dragonflycave.com/emsprites/058growlithe.png
http://www.dragonflycave.com/emsprites/328trapinch.png

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-04-07, 06:26 PM
Right then.

Frederick Fullbladder, Monster Hunter
Hometown: Lavendar Town, Kanto

Fullbladder is a twenty-eight year old Hiker's son who has travelled across three regions following local legends and reports of the large and scary variety. In the fourteen years since he began his Pokemon Journey, he's picked up a rather eclectic taste, possibly due to periods of no human contact. He's a large, tall man.

Pokemon:
Atlas (Blastoise) 37
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Iron Defense

Thor (Cubone) 25
Bone Club
Aerial Ace
Rock Climb
Substitute

Stark (Aron) 16
Iron Defense
Metal Claw
Roar
Strength

Socrates (Scyther) 21
Wing Attack
False Swipe
Double Team
Pursuit

The Librarian
2010-04-07, 06:28 PM
Ou, ou, would it be okay if I was an Elite Four member, or a trainer.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 06:37 PM
You can be an elite four member... but would you realy want to sit in a building all day waiting for someone to come, who usualy loses anyway?

Anyway, i've gotten some sprites for my pokemon. (thanks for the idea, Falgorn.)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/miscellanious/470leafeon.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/miscellanious/388grotle.png
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/miscellanious/322numel.png

Blue Ghost
2010-04-07, 06:44 PM
In the anime, aren't Elite Four members usually wandering around? My character is slightly lower than an Elite Four, but plays a similar role. An unofficial battle with an Elite Four would be interesting for me.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 06:45 PM
Sure! :smallsmile:

The Librarian
2010-04-07, 06:50 PM
Sweet.:smallcool:

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 06:52 PM
Lucian has arrived! He knows the entire Nurse Joy family! Yeah! That's like thousands of sisters named Joy across the world! Their parents obviously had no life.

Also, is it ok if I make a character registry thread. If nothing else, it would make my life easier.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 06:52 PM
So.... Penguin? Were are you?

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 06:58 PM
Lucian has arrived! He knows the entire Nurse Joy family! Yeah! That's like thousands of sisters named Joy across the world! Their parents obviously had no life.

Also, is it ok if I make a character registry thread. If nothing else, it would make my life easier.

my theory is that they are actually clones bred to be the perfect nurses, same is true for all the Jennies, and that Prof. Oak was the one who created them all using genetic engineering as a part of his plan for world domination.

his pokeballs? also a part of his nefarious scheme.

and also the pokecenters and pokedex, they are also a part of his plot! look at it closely enough and it all adds up! don't trust the oak, he wants to rule the world!!! *is dragged away screaming by Nurse Joys*

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 06:59 PM
Answer my above question please.

Also, I bought the Pokémon themesong on my iPod!

Again also, can someoe interact with Lucian? Please?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:02 PM
my theory is that they are actually clones bred to be the perfect nurses, same is true for all the Jennies, and that Prof. Oak was the one who created them all using genetic engineering as a part of his plan for world domination.

his pokeballs? also a part of his nefarious scheme.

and also the pokecenters and pokedex, they are also a part of his plot! look at it closely enough and it all adds up! don't trust the oak, he wants to rule the world!!! *is dragged away screaming by Nurse Joys*

Can I sig that?

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:07 PM
Or just keep on talking as if I don't exist instead of answering my question. Thanks crimson.

Ooooo! I figured out my Eevees' attacks!

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 07:09 PM
Can I sig that?

sure, go ahead.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:14 PM
Your post is to damn big, even if I remove 3/4s of my sig. :smallfrown:

Lord Raziere
2010-04-07, 07:15 PM
sorry about that....

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:21 PM
... I'll take that as a no, and that you hate me Crimson.

So, no takers on meeting my character?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:25 PM
Just make the thread. >.<

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:29 PM
Yay! I luvs you! In a totally normal way. =p

Ummmm... I had something important to ask everyone, but ya know, I forgot. damn... I'll ask you all eventually!

Also, Crimson. I'm whiney I know. I'm just sorry to be whiney to you. I shouldn't be after all the nice avatars you made me.:smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:29 PM
I made you 2, which should be 3, acshully...

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 07:31 PM
Well yeah, but two is a lot, cuz they were good avatars. And oh yeah, I forgot about that request.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 07:33 PM
Crap, you remember... Numel uses flamethrower!

waterpenguin43
2010-04-07, 07:36 PM
My character:
Name: Tiffany
Pokemon: Prinplup 18, Psyduck 13, Spheal 14
Description: Blonde hair, green eyes, wears blue.
Home town: Moved from Hoenn.
Badges (update this and ribbons as well): 1
Ribons: 1
And her Pokemon:

Calm Natured Prinplup lvl 18
Bubblebeam Brine
Metal Claw Bide

Quirky Natured Spheal lvl 14
Ice Ball Aurora Beam
Water Gun Tackle

Lonely Natured Psyduck lvl 13
Confusion Water Gun
Scratch Disable

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 07:47 PM
Hey, I'm kinda thinking of joining.
So...
Just post a character and jump in...?

bvdk99
2010-04-07, 08:02 PM
Name: Helen
Pokemon: Marshtomp lvl. 17, Hippopotas lvl. 14, Sandshrew lvl. 14
Description: Light brown hair, brown eyes, wears orange and brown.
Home town: Moved from Hoenn.
Badges : 2

Pokemon:

Mild Natured Marshtomp lvl. 17
Moves:
Tackle
Watergun
Bide
Mudshot

Timid Natured Hippopotas lvl. 14
Moves:
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Bite
Yawn

Quiet Natured Sandshrew lvl. 14
Moves:
Sand-Attack
Scratch
Poison Sting
Rapid Spin

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 08:02 PM
Hey Quinny!

Please Repost all character profiles in the character registry thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8245975#post8245975) for easy sorting.

Well yes I do remember that you owe me an avatar. You know, it was fairly obvious since you had just told me before hand.:smalltongue: you iz silly. And ow. Bad Numel!

Foeofthelance
2010-04-07, 08:17 PM
Ok. I'm gonna try and introduce some story line into this, for anyone who is interested.

Woodsman
2010-04-07, 08:22 PM
Honestly, I'm not really interested in this. I have other things to eat up my time.

I'll probably come back eventually, but for now, I'll bow out.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-07, 08:47 PM
Deadtimeing.

Quinsar
2010-04-07, 09:18 PM
Character made. So...
Where is everyone right now?

Viera Champion
2010-04-07, 09:23 PM
Atching a battle on the beach. At least that's where my character is. You're character can meet him and his pokemon.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 09:24 PM
Sandgem Town, probably near a beach, trees, and a Poke'mon Center, from the looks of what people have said.

Oh, and a canyon that leads to a building that is only partily constructed: a temple to Acreus.

Nehh
2010-04-07, 09:25 PM
I'm near the back of the beach, just waking up from a long nap in a bush. In a few post's time I'll be in the local Pokémon Center.

Feel free to talk to him.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-07, 09:34 PM
:smallbiggrin: 5 pages in OCC... 7 in In-Character... and a thread for characters... all in one day!:smallbiggrin:

This is going to be popular for a bit... with Acreus's will, of course.:smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2010-04-08, 05:18 PM
I was thinking of joining, that cool? If so, what's happening?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 05:20 PM
Well, so far, a bunch of little battles, and a tiny plot or two.

Once Kurama gets back, I'm going to continue what I'm doing with him on the Farmland, and then have a (human) character made.

Also, I'm going to introduce a new Pokemon which doesn't exist in the Whatchamakoalabearitisa? thing.

So...welcome!

IcemanJRC
2010-04-08, 05:21 PM
Thank you, I guess I'll whip up a character...

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 05:28 PM
So, if someone wants to do a battle, I'll make a character who might become recurring or might not, depending on the level of witty banter.

...ahem. I mean, if someone wants to RP, I'll have someone battle them.

IcemanJRC
2010-04-08, 05:58 PM
Would you be so kind?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-08, 06:52 PM
I like how Bladder named his pokemon. I think I'll do that with my Squirtle when I get HG/SS.

lord pringle
2010-04-08, 08:09 PM

I'd totally do that! I have some plans too! Mwahahaha!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-08, 10:03 PM
So, this thread, combined with the fact that a bunch of people at school are playing HG/SS, has made me get hit with nostalgia. So, I have just started playing Crystal again.

ApeofLight
2010-04-08, 10:05 PM
Hmm, I'm interested in this FFRP game but... I've been playing my version of Heart Gold... so I don't know if I'll join or not.

Strategos
2010-04-08, 10:37 PM
This looks pretty interesting, it'll be my first FF game though I've read the guide already. I just need to finish drawing my character then I'll post her on the character thread, but I'm about to go now so I'll do it a bit later.

lord pringle
2010-04-08, 10:39 PM
Sweet guys!
also Ape how about you just play a pokemon? it's much less hard than a trainer and your absences are easier

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 10:44 PM
Psst, Strategos:

Your Avatar should be sized at 120x95, not 120x120

Strategos
2010-04-09, 02:00 AM
Psst, Strategos:

Your Avatar should be sized at 120x95, not 120x120

Ah, thanks. I thought it looked a little off but wasn't sure why. I must have forgot to change the size when I changed from my Paint Avatar to my Inkscape Avatar :smallredface:.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 08:57 PM
I am thinking about starting a long term plot... One that spans many months of real time.

Drifter, in this universe, is the Chosen of Acreus. This means he is more powerful than normal humans, more devoted to Acreus than many, and been gifted by Acreus. However, he is willing to share his gift and teach people some Poke'mon moves if he thinks that the person is good of heart.

One of Drifter's goals is to gather sixteen different elemental plates, and take them to Mt. Cornet's Spear Pillar for a ritual. He already has three: a Flame Plate, a Meadow Plate, and a Splash Plate. The other thirteen plates are scattered across Shinnoh, most of them in places related to their types.

I think I will post a move list for Drifter here as a reminder to myself and a preview of what's to come...

Edit:
Drifter's Move List:

Level 1: Tackle, Recover
Level 4: Swift
Level 8: Bone Club
Level 16: Fury Attack
Level 24: Teleport
Level 36: Metronome
Level 48: Acreus Blade
Level 60: Curse
Level 72: Counter
Level 84: Perish Song
Level 90: Judgement

lord pringle
2010-04-09, 09:02 PM
I also am thinking of a plot.

It resolves around Team Galactic and the distortion world.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 09:07 PM
I also am thinking of a plot.

It resolves around Team Galactic and the distortion world.

Wouldn't it be odd if both our plots collided and we met up at Spear Pillar to complete our rituals, only to discover that the other side is in the way of performing their rituals?

Anyway, that's an option, if we take about the same amount of time.

lord pringle
2010-04-09, 09:12 PM
Wouldn't it be odd if both our plots collided and we met up at Spear Pillar to complete our rituals, only to discover that the other side is in the way of performing their rituals?

Anyway, that's an option, if we take about the same amount of time.

Dude that's awesome! Should we use the same thread though? Let's chat about it via PM! When should we start?

Goblin Music
2010-04-09, 09:24 PM
I am thinking about starting a long term plot... One that spans many months of real time.

Drifter, in this universe, is the Chosen of Acreus. This means he is more powerful than normal humans, more devoted to Acreus than many, and been gifted by Acreus. However, he is willing to share his gift and teach people some Poke'mon moves if he thinks that the person is good of heart.

One of Drifter's goals is to gather sixteen different elemental plates, and take them to Mt. Cornet's Spear Pillar for a ritual. He already has three: a Flame Plate, a Meadow Plate, and a Splash Plate. The other thirteen plates are scattered across Shinnoh, most of them in places related to their types.

it would be neat if some of the plates were in the hands of gym leaders or trainers based on the same type.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 09:24 PM
Dude that's awesome! Should we use the same thread though? Let's chat about it via PM! When should we start?

PM sent. And I plan on starting right away, since it will take some time to gather all the plates (and I do not wish to make a Plot thread... it will be in the main thread, with people allowed to help or hinder Drifter's progress).

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 09:28 PM
it would be neat if some of the plates were in the hands of gym leaders or trainers based on the same type.

Not a bad idea... perhaps Volkner of Sunyshore will have the Zap Plate. I was originally intending on having the Zap Plate in Sunyshore, anyway, because of the electric gym, but now I know it's exact location.

Drifter's potential move list is up. Feel free to examine it. I'll probably come up with a move list for more common humans shortly.

PS: Forgive the double post... please.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-09, 09:31 PM
Not a bad idea... perhaps Volkner of Sunyshore will have the Zap Plate. I was originally intending on having the Zap Plate in Sunyshore, anyway, because of the electric gym, but now I know it's exact location.

Drifter's potential move list is up. Feel free to examine it. I'll probably come up with a move list for more common humans shortly.

PS: Forgive the double post... please.

Electric gym? Why not the one in Vermilion City? Lt. Surge? Come on. The original electric Pokemon guy.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 09:33 PM
Electric gym? Why not the one in Vermilion City? Lt. Surge? Come on. The original electric Pokemon guy.

The plates will be scattered across Sinnoh, not across the entire Poke'mon world! That would take far too much time, I think, to have to chase the plates down across the world. Interesting idea though, if I had enough time and patience to implement it.

Goblin Music
2010-04-09, 10:20 PM
what "type" is drifter?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-09, 10:26 PM
what "type" is drifter?

Drifter is currently the Normal type, but that may change... He cannot be the fire, water, electric, grass, ice, poison, flying, bug, rock, dragon, or steel types for various reasons. You wish to hit him hard? Hit with a fighting type move.
And he can be killed, though it may not be wise to do so.

Edit: Err... is everyone deadtiming?

lord pringle
2010-04-09, 11:21 PM
Drifter is currently the Normal type, but that may change... He cannot be the fire, water, electric, grass, ice, poison, flying, bug, rock, dragon, or steel types for various reasons. You wish to hit him hard? Hit with a fighting type move.
And he can be killed, though it may not be wise to do so.

Edit: Err... is everyone deadtiming?

I am still up!

The Librarian
2010-04-10, 09:36 AM
Would anyone mind if I took control of the Pokemart people, and possibly the Nurse Joy's?

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't mind it. That is if I get the ones in mah plot (when it happens.)

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 10:50 AM
Go ahead with the Poke'mart people. I intend to only control Drifter and some Poke'mon, his own and wild.

Edit: So, if anyone wants to have their humans fight along side their poke'mon, PM me and I'll see if I can come up with a move list. Drifter can teach those that his god Acreus approves of, but others will have to learn the harder way: by battling Poke'mon themselves.
And for humans... one shortcut for Poke'mon does not work on them: humans cannot learn moves by TM or HM. Move tutors are allowed, I'd say, but be careful of the source you learn from...

IcemanJRC
2010-04-10, 11:37 AM
Hey Drifter, since you already offered my character some teaching, could he maybe just go with you on the quest. He would like that very much. Sorry I didn't say I deadtimed, I had to leave kinda abruptly.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 12:12 PM
Hey Drifter, since you already offered my character some teaching, could he maybe just go with you on the quest. He would like that very much. Sorry I didn't say I deadtimed, I had to leave kinda abruptly.

Very well... Iceman, Tyler is a ground type trainer, right? This should be a start...

Type: Ground/Normal
Ability: Sand Veil
Level 1: Tackle, Sand Attack
Level 8: Mud-Slap
Level 16: Doubleslap
Level 24:
Around Level 48: Dig

Remember, you start at level 1, since you haven't had any training in battle personally...

Lord Raziere
2010-04-10, 12:19 PM
Very well... Iceman, Tyler is a ground type trainer, right? This should be a start...

Level 24:

Remember, you start at level 1, since you haven't had any training in battle personally...

hmmmmmm........Scallon is a trainer of variety, I don't think he would fall into a type.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 12:24 PM
hmmmmmm........Scallon is a trainer of variety, I don't think he would fall into a type.

Guess again... I have a list for him, too.

Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Pickup

Level 1: Tackle, Leer
Level 6: Quick Attack
Level 12: Faint Attack
Level 18: Sucker Punch
Around Level 40: Thief

That intrest you? Drifter will not teach you, though. You will have to find a different guide, or have him train by himself.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-10, 12:36 PM
Guess again... I have a list for him, too.

Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Pickup

Level 1: Tackle, Leer
Level 6: Quick Attack
Level 12: Faint Attack
Level 18: Sucker Punch
Around Level 40: Thief

That interest you? Drifter will not teach you, though. You will have to find a different guide, or have him train by himself.

I have a creative solution then......

I introduce a new character, also evil who acts as a mentor to him, who has no pokemon but as a result of battling pokemon by himself he is stronger than most at being a "Trainermon"

also this offers an explanation for martial arts work in the pokeworld; the martial artists aren't just learning martial arts, they are learning fighting type pokemon moves......in fact there are probably a few high-level fighting type sensei kind of guys living off on top of a mountain somewhere.

IcemanJRC
2010-04-10, 12:37 PM

Level 24:

Thank you so much fine sir.

EDIT: I was thinking off maybe this as a final list?

Level 24: Rage
Level 36: Endure
Level 48: Dig
Level 60: Body Slam
Level 72: Sand Tomb
Level 84: Magnitude
Level 90: Fissure

How's that look?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 12:44 PM
I have a creative solution then......

I introduce a new character, also evil who acts as a mentor to him, who has no pokemon but as a result of battling pokemon by himself he is stronger than most at being a "Trainermon"

also this offers an explanation for martial arts work in the pokeworld; the martial artists aren't just learning martial arts, they are learning fighting type pokemon moves......in fact there are probably a few high-level fighting type sensei kind of guys living off on top of a mountain somewhere.

That works... but mentors of the evil kind often extract a high price, try to kill the apprentence, or ask them for a very dangerous favor.

Also, I was already concidering the martial artists of the purely fighting type.

You might loose the Normal type sometime in the training, and become purely Dark type...

If you train fast and hard enough... Drifter is in for a shock when he next time meets you!

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 01:10 PM
That works... but mentors of the evil kind often extract a high price, try to kill the apprentence, or ask them for a very dangerous favor.

Also, I was already concidering the martial artists of the purely fighting type.

You might loose the Normal type sometime in the training, and become purely Dark type...

If you train fast and hard enough... Drifter is in for a shock when he next time meets you!

Oh. Oh my!

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 01:18 PM
IcemanJRC: That works, though I was intending for you to stop learning moves around 50th level or so, since your character is not really a legendary or chosen by any of the Legends. (Drifter is chosen by one of the Legends... mainly, Acreus... that is why his moves are few, more powerful, and more spread out.) But if you get high enough level, you will have earned those moves, and perhaps be worthy of them.

lord pringle: Oh yes... be afraid... a Poke'ball thief stealing whatever is not tied down AND on fire... if he gets that far... there will not be a Poke'mon safe throughout Sinnoh.

IcemanJRC
2010-04-10, 01:19 PM
Sounds cool.

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 01:19 PM
IcemanJRC: That works, though I was intending for you to stop learning moves around 50th level or so, since your character is not really a legendary or chosen by any of the Legends. (Drifter is chosen by one of the Legends... mainly, Acreus... that is why his moves are few, more powerful, and more spread out.) But if you get high enough level, you will have earned those moves, and perhaps be worthy of them.

lord pringle: Oh yes... be afraid... a Poke'ball thief stealing whatever is not tied down AND on fire... if he gets that far... there will not be a Poke'mon safe throughout Sinnoh.
oh and he steals souls and secrets.:smallbiggrin:

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 01:35 PM
:smallsigh:Great Acreus, I hope I know what I'm doing...

Allowing people to learn the moves of Poke'mon... and not all of them with the light... And I'm throwing my apprentence at a flying Poke'mon. I hope that grunt isn't too bright... or there will be problems... Primarily, stars all over the Poke'mon Center.

Lord Raziere
2010-04-10, 02:11 PM

that is why they're evil....don't worry I have a good one thought up, but it involves stealing a pokemon from a gym leader, does anyone have a problem with that?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 03:12 PM
If Drifter is in the area of the Gym Leader, then yes. However, I doubt Drifter will be around to stop the theft, so I won't do anything... but if you get spotted, and get yourself onto wanted posters... you may get into significant trouble.

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 03:37 PM
:smallsigh:Great Acreus, I hope I know what I'm doing...

Allowing people to learn the moves of Poke'mon... and not all of them with the light... And I'm throwing my apprentence at a flying Poke'mon. I hope that grunt isn't too bright... or there will be problems... Primarily, stars all over the Poke'mon Center.

Thankfully he isn't to bright
going back to homework...

Creed
2010-04-10, 03:38 PM
Hey all I just joined. Just saying hi to my new FFRPing pals

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 03:41 PM

Hello Creed! Drifter here! From Town? Remember?

A wee bit of bad news there... only one person showed up to the meeting... and today is the last day for it.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-10, 04:00 PM
Hello Creed! Drifter here! From Town? Remember?

A wee bit of bad news there... only one person showed up to the meeting... and today is the last day for it.

Town? I remember going there... *Backs away and runs screaming*

Hi there, Creed!

:smallsmile:

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 04:08 PM

Hi dude!
beware Sudowoodo he's mischievous!

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-10, 06:47 PM
Plates... 16 different plates, one for each type (excluding normal).

Draco Plate-Mt Cornet (Spear Pillar)
Dread Plate-Dark-type Gym (Possession of Gym Leader)
Earth Plate-Crate on Canaclave Docks (Discovered by Rocket)
Fist Plate
Flame Plate-Obtained
Icicle Plate-Snowpoint City-Snowpoint Temple-(Unclaimed)
Insect Plate-Eterna Forest
Iron Plate-Iron Island-(Unclaimed)
Meadow Plate-Obtained
Mind Plate-Solseon Ruins
Sky Plate-Mt. Cornet (North Side)
Splash Plate-Obtained
Spooky Plate-WAS in Old Chateau (Stolen by Team Galactic)
Stone Plate-Oreburgh Mine
Toxic Plate-Great Marsh
Zap Plate-Sunyshore City-Gym Leader Volkner

...Just brainstorming...

ThePhantom
2010-04-10, 06:48 PM
Question: Could one of the things brought by team rocket be a plate?

IcemanJRC
2010-04-10, 06:58 PM
Spooky Plate-Old Chateau
Draco Plate-Traveler-(Perhaps a pokemon league champ?)
Insect Plate-Eterna Forest
Mind Plate-Lake Acuity
Sky Plate-Jubilife TV Brodcasting Station

Some more ideas for you Drifter.

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 07:10 PM
Plates... 16 different plates, one for each type (excluding normal).

Draco Plate
Dread Plate
Earth Plate
Fist Plate
Flame Plate-Obtained
Icicle Plate-Snowpoint City-Snowpoint Temple-(Unclaimed)
Insect Plate
Iron Plate-Iron Island-(Unclaimed)
Meadow Plate-Obtained
Mind Plate
Sky Plate
Splash Plate-Obtained
Spooky Plate
Stone Plate
Toxic Plate-Great Marsh
Zap Plate-Sunyshore City-Gym Leader Volkner

...Just brainstorming...

Oh wow *steals spooky plate* Muwahahaha

Je dit Viola
2010-04-10, 07:18 PM
Alright, so, I have 2 human characters now? Yes, I think I do.

Which is pretty odd, when I think about it, because they're both nowhere near anybody else.

Goblin Music
2010-04-10, 07:18 PM
*Dread plate steal!* *hides in gym* :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-04-10, 07:19 PM
*Hids Earth plate in crates*

What plate? I don't know anything about a plate.

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 07:22 PM
*Hids Earth plate in crates*

What plate? I don't know anything about a plate.

neither of us stole a plate<.< >.>
Muwahahahaha-ahem
sorry I'm allergic to Plates crates with plates crates OoC threads

The Librarian
2010-04-10, 08:22 PM
Dude! You guys gotta check out the new pics for the latest Pokemon game being made on Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml).

lord pringle
2010-04-10, 08:53 PM
Dude! You guys gotta check out the new pics for the latest Pokemon game being made on Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml).

Dude that's super!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-04-10, 09:57 PM
Those pictures remind me of Animal Crossing: Wild World.

The Librarian
2010-04-10, 10:12 PM
Everyone is to promptly put down their DS's and run far, far away if Resetti suddenly appears. Once your a safe distance

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t56/thatlittlestar/smile/nuke_the_site_from_orbit.jpg

LoL:smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Sorry, about the thread warping. The ship comes from the movie Alien I believe.

Goblin Music
2010-04-10, 10:29 PM
1: please spoiler image
2: where is that cruiser from?
3: updated vincent

Mina Kobold
2010-04-11, 01:21 AM

o_O Wow, it looks awesome.

I can't make up a reason for Gardy not to join team Galactic. So it seems they have a new member!... At least, for now.

MWUAHAHAHAHA! *Pets Meowth in villainous fashion*

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 08:03 AM
o_O Wow, it looks awesome.

I can't make up a reason for Gardy not to join team Galactic. So it seems they have a new member!... At least, for now.

MWUAHAHAHAHA! *Pets Meowth in villainous fashion*

I need some members for them and plus you'll be involved in a plot!

Creed
2010-04-11, 08:10 AM
Ohs noes! teams galactic! Absol, I choose you! kill team galactic!

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 08:14 AM
Ohs noes! teams galactic! Absol, I choose you! kill team galactic!

Curses! go smoke bomb! run away!

Creed
2010-04-11, 08:49 AM
smoke bomb? worst. pokeman. evar.
My absol kills you with it's godliness

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 08:53 AM
smoke bomb? worst. pokeman. evar.
My absol kills you with it's godliness

I'm no pokemon! I'm a space station!!11ONE11!!

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 12:08 PM
*Looks around* *Sighs*

Looks like some plates have been stolen...

Primarily, the Dread, Earth, and Spooky plates.

But WHICH Gym for the Dread?

Goblin Music
2010-04-11, 12:36 PM
the gym i have designed for vincent and hope to put in Canalave. (good idea? bad idea?)

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 12:41 PM
the gym i have designed for vincent and hope to put in Canalave. (good idea? bad idea?)

That would make... TWO gyms in Canaclave. Yours would probably be the unofficial one (like the fighting dojo in Kanto).

Goblin Music
2010-04-11, 12:42 PM
i was thinking of usurping Byron...

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 12:46 PM
I don't think Dark is very effective against Steel... so there could be problems.

According to one Poke'mon knowledgable (Real Sorcerer), Gym leaders typically have Poke'mon that make it difficult, but not impossible, for typical trainers to beat for badges. If their Gym is threatened, or a very powerful trainer approaches for a battle... then they bring out their true, most powerful team.

Goblin Music
2010-04-11, 12:48 PM
Byron is old though, he could have retired.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 12:52 PM
I don't know... and there are about two plates in the area already.

Edit: Those that have stolen Plates already, consider them yours until a later date. Drifter is after ALL 16 Plates, so be prepared to roleplay encounters with the Chosen of Acreus as he hunts them down.

For those that have not taken any plates... DO NOT TOUCH ANY MORE UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE RELATED LOCATION AND I TELL YOU THE PLATE IS THERE! This gives people a chance to find the plates without them continually on the move.

And one more thing... Is everyone deadtiming right now?

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 07:26 PM
I don't know... and there are about two plates in the area already.

Edit: Those that have stolen Plates already, consider them yours until a later date. Drifter is after ALL 16 Plates, so be prepared to roleplay encounters with the Chosen of Acreus as he hunts them down.

For those that have not taken any plates... DO NOT TOUCH ANY MORE UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE RELATED LOCATION AND I TELL YOU THE PLATE IS THERE! This gives people a chance to find the plates without them continually on the move.

And one more thing... Is everyone deadtiming right now?

Drifty does galactic have a plate?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 07:39 PM
Oh wow *steals spooky plate* Muwahahaha

One of your characters stole the Spooky Plate. It could be Team Galactic, or your Darkri-based character. Either works (although if it is Galactic, then your plot is tied with mine much more easily).

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 07:49 PM
One of your characters stole the Spooky Plate. It could be Team Galactic, or your Darkri-based character. Either works (although if it is Galactic, then your plot is tied with mine much more easily).

'Twas kind of a joke but
This the evil voice. so victory for galactic!
Vlad talks like this when possessed
and this when not.
but mars talks like this
also I think darkrai-vlad will meet up with drifter in the main thread.
Edit: Darkrai Vlad has gone up to drifter in edit form!

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 08:13 PM
Darkri Vlad meeting up with Drifter? Good idea. His backstory will give him a VERY unique move list...

Drifter is currently around Sandgem, and will probably be heading north by the time the week is over. First destination: Oreburgh City.

PS: You may have noticed Drifter's refusal to teach the Poke'ball Thief Poke'mon moves and some nagging about the potential deal with Vlad. Acreus's doing. He looks over the 4th wall and passes hints to his followers.

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 08:20 PM
Darkri Vlad meeting up with Drifter? Good idea. His backstory will give him a VERY unique move list...

Drifter is currently around Sandgem, and will probably be heading north by the time the week is over. First destination: Oreburgh City.

His moveset if he gets one (he slightly does, he can dtouch people to put them to sleep and give them nightmares) will be messed up!

The Librarian
2010-04-11, 08:47 PM
Curt is currently in Jublife City crashing with his team. He would be willing to join Vivian's or whoever the other good trainers are.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 08:50 PM
Drifter is a good trainer (meaning good of heart), and is willing to join up with other good trainers (or neutral trainers, hoping to change them to the light). If you stick around long enough in Jublife or head south towards Sandgem, Drifter may offer you a place in the growing group.

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 09:13 PM
Drifter is a good trainer (meaning good of heart), and is willing to join up with other good trainers (or neutral trainers, hoping to change them to the light). If you stick around long enough in Jublife or head south towards Sandgem, Drifter may offer you a place in the growing group.

Vlad's good too!

Strategos
2010-04-11, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I fell asleep at the keyboard :smallredface:, that's what I get for going to bed late and getting up early I guess. If you want to meet up with Vivian that's great, I'll reach Jubilife when I'm next on and take it from there I guess. Deadtiming now.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-11, 09:47 PM
Sleep well. I'll need to go too, shortly...

lord pringle
2010-04-11, 09:52 PM
Sleep well. I'll need to go too, shortly...

On for a while but I might conk out...

The Librarian
2010-04-11, 09:56 PM
Deadtime

Over and Out peoplez.:smalltongue:

Goblin Music
2010-04-11, 10:29 PM
Curt is currently in Jublife City crashing with his team. He would be willing to join Vivian's or whoever the other good trainers are.

Vincent is in that area.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 12:23 PM
Apologies for not being around much, but I'm planning to unleash Team Rocket's superpowered secret weapon later tonight... unfortunately, a- real life got in the way of me doing it much earlier and b- there were a few delays in shipping the system- and some of its separate components- to me...

If someone could let me know roughly where the thread has moved to geographically I would be most grateful indeed.

ThePhantom
2010-04-12, 12:37 PM
Well, most people are still at Sandgem town, I think.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 02:03 PM
Well, most people are still at Sandgem town, I think.

Okay, I shall attempt to confirm that without trawling through too many pages... and update my bio with the pokemon component to my secret weapon...

ThePhantom
2010-04-12, 03:33 PM
Hey Mercenary Pen, you might if my character lands nears yours? He is a rocket grunt, and brought the stuff that your character wanted.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 03:48 PM
Hey Mercenary Pen, you might if my character lands nears yours? He is a rocket grunt, and brought the stuff that your character wanted.

Nope, he didn't bring the heavy kit, but he could have been sent as backup (and potentially the fall guy for the operation). The specialist hardware was developed by a freelancer that Vostok sometimes deals with... You might have been sent to hand carry the Porygon being used as the CPU for this system though...

The system is now in action in the main thread though, and an Igglybuff has been stolen from an unsuspecting NPC to test the system.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-12, 04:30 PM
Trouble coming! Drifter has just woken up from Deadtime on Sandgem beach, and is now sneaking toward the truck...

Are there any Rocket Grunts away from the rest of the group that he can knock out and "borrow" their uniform? :smallbiggrin: And the rest of their gear?

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 04:37 PM
Trouble coming! Drifter has just woken up from Deadtime on Sandgem beach, and is now sneaking toward the truck...

Are there any Rocket Grunts away from the rest of the group that he can knock out and "borrow" their uniform? :smallbiggrin: And the rest of their gear?

Think it's pretty much me and The Phantom... I certainly didn't bring any grunts along. Also, I assume there'll be some rustling through the bushes?

Hope you're up for serious fight, because apart from the Porygon and the secret weapon, I still have some fairly dangerous (if low level) pokemon for backup. Porygon needed to be at least Lv29 though, because it needs Signal Beam to control the rockets.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-12, 04:43 PM
Think it's pretty much me and The Phantom... I certainly didn't bring any grunts along. Also, I assume there'll be some rustling through the bushes?

Hope you're up for serious fight, because apart from the Porygon and the secret weapon, I still have some fairly dangerous (if low level) pokemon for backup. Porygon needed to be at least Lv29 though, because it needs Signal Beam to control the rockets.

Eh... Drifter is outmatched... All of the Poke'mon are higher level than he is... but he has a couple aces up his sleeve:

First, the idea of humans fighting in the place of Poke'mon is relitively new, so he has the advantage of surprise.
Second, he has backup elsewhere.
Third, he is the Chosen of Acreus... which means more than you know...

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 04:53 PM
Eh... Drifter is outmatched... All of the Poke'mon are higher level than he is... but he has a couple aces up his sleeve:

First, the idea of humans fighting in the place of Poke'mon is relitively new, so he has the advantage of surprise.
Second, he has backup elsewhere.
Third, he is the Chosen of Acreus... which means more than you know...

Fair enough, though Vostok saw some of the underground wrestling matches in Goldenrod city, so he's seen human vs. pokemon (also his Steelix has done it against its original trainer)... I'm also moving to prevent your Zubat's mission... Not much I can necessarily do against that third point though (maybe I could try capturing you with the system?)

I assume you mean Arceus, not Acreus.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-12, 05:04 PM
Ack! Arceus is how it's spelled! Looks like I've misspelled it for some time...

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 05:20 PM
Well, I've got a lovely bruise on Vostok's arm now, and I'll need to see whether it's broken when I get the chance. But Alakazam gets to try and throw you with its mind now, and you don't have a Dread plate yet, so you can't auto-ignore psychic attacks...

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-12, 05:26 PM
The attack you used lowers accuracy. Nothing else. Though I did have Drifter tossed onto the sand because of it.

Edit: You are about to be overpowered...

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-12, 05:40 PM
The attack you used lowers accuracy. Nothing else. Though I did have Drifter tossed onto the sand because of it.

Edit: You are about to be overpowered...

the name Kinesis is fairly obviously based off telekinesis- so I'm assuming accuracy is reduced by telekinetically moving the opponent off target. Also, I'm not so sure I'll be overpowered- considering I still have two pokes left, plus a few reloads on the superweapon.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-12, 10:27 PM
Before I turn in for the night, an explanation of Drifter's staff, and something for those with human characters learning moves:

For simple moves, like Tackling, you can do it anytime (as long as you aren't down for the count). For many of the more powerful moves, you need a focus. For grass type moves, it could be a twisted staff, with leaves eternally green. For ground type moves, it could be a shovel or a hammer. (and that's all I can think of right now...)
Some moves, however, cannot be performed normally, even with a focus.

There is a reason why Drifter keeps his staff: without it, he looses a good portion of his powerful moves (currently, Bone Club and Swift, but eventually including Fury Attack, Metronome, and Arceus Blade).

A warning on Metronome, however... with Metronome, humans can perfom moves that normally only Poke'mon can perform... but if any of the self-destructive moves come up (Ex: Explosion)... pray to Arceus that you are reincarnated as something that can handle the move in the future (AKA: Dead)

Drifter has finally come close to Death here...but barely managed to escape with a timely attack to the attacker, causing both to faint instead of the attacker still around and Drifter... dead.

Also, it seems that I am getting a recuring Gag here... Sentret poping out on it's own and using Surf on the field...

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-13, 03:48 AM
Cool, I think you'll agree that my pokes gave you a serious workout though. Think Steelix and Alakazam probably levelled from this, so I'll update their stats later today.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-13, 04:03 PM
Sentret and Pikachu probably leveled, though I'm not sure about Zubat and my character... both were knocked out... though if Alakazam levels up, then those two level as well... Zubat, twice (perhaps 3 times!) due to current low level: 2.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-13, 04:36 PM
Sentret and Pikachu probably leveled, though I'm not sure about Zubat and my character... both were knocked out... though if Alakazam levels up, then those two level as well... Zubat, twice (perhaps 3 times!) due to current low level: 2.

Only the one's who actually knocked stuff out get to level, so you probably level (possibly twice because Alakazam gives decent XP), having KO'd Alakazam but I'm not so certain about the other two, since Sentret has very little special attack power, and didn't quite knock out Steelix, and Pikachu only destroyed capture rockets, which don't necessarily grant XP... Don't believe that Zubat actually had the joy of knocking anything out (so it's possible Zubat gets no levels at all)...

Je dit Viola
2010-04-13, 04:42 PM
If I was running it, I would have given them experience based on the experience they learned from the battle.

If it was a cakewalk battle and they didn't do anything new or useful or repetition, then they should get very very little experience. However, if it was an immensely difficult battle, where the fighters had to use and learn new tactics, and so on, then they should get more experience.

Well, that's how I would do it if I was running it.

Actually, I would just throw out the levelling system, and make it easier, if I was running it.

But, I'm not. Too bad.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-13, 05:12 PM
If I was running it, I would have given them experience based on the experience they learned from the battle.

If it was a cakewalk battle and they didn't do anything new or useful or repetition, then they should get very very little experience. However, if it was an immensely difficult battle, where the fighters had to use and learn new tactics, and so on, then they should get more experience.

Well, that's how I would do it if I was running it.

Actually, I would just throw out the levelling system, and make it easier, if I was running it.

But, I'm not. Too bad.

I'm trying to more or less use the existing XP system, but with XP awarded in the case of a double-knockout, on the grounds that more abstract systems than that are gonna be a bit of a handful for me... Pokemon's set the precedent that pokemon don't learn by losing, I'm just working with what they've given me.

Orzel
2010-04-13, 05:59 PM
Cool idea. I'd like to join up if possible.

How about a ground-type hunter/breeder named Dirt?

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-13, 06:01 PM
Cool idea. I'd like to join up if possible. How about a ground-type specialist named Dirt?

Possible... although you might want to watch out for Sentrets... mine has a nasty habit of using Surf in the middle of a big battle.

Edit: Also, Drifter is in the middle of training a ground type trainer to use some moves normally only used by Poke'mon.

Mercenary Pen
2010-04-13, 06:04 PM
Cool idea. I'd like to join up if possible.

How about a ground-type hunter/breeder named Dirt?

Go right ahead, write up your character in the character registry thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148262) then join in the fun as you see fit.

Orzel
2010-04-13, 07:17 PM
I'm gonna have Dirt wash up on the Sandgem beach. If your character has moonstones and is there, Dirt's looking for ya.

lord pringle
2010-04-13, 07:21 PM
I'm gonna have Dirt wash up on the Sandgem beach. If your character has moonstones and is there, Dirt's looking for ya.

well I'm there and will chat with you and maybe fight.

Eternal Drifter
2010-04-14, 06:29 PM
First Team Rocket, and now Galactic... their members are facing direct attacks from Poke'mon (and humans who can use the moves of Poke'mon). They'll need to toughen their hiring or training standards if they want to keep the deaths on their teams low.

lord pringle
2010-04-14, 06:36 PM
First Team Rocket, and now Galactic... their members are facing direct attacks from Poke'mon (and humans who can use the moves of Poke'mon). They'll need to toughen their hiring or training standards if they want to keep the deaths on their teams low.

what? have useful grunts?