PDA

View Full Version : Divine Swiftblade

herrhauptmann
2010-04-06, 09:53 PM
Well, it's been about a month, so that means it's time for someone to make a new swiftblade thread.
In pretty much every thread I've seen, someone has gone and suggested making a swiftblade from a cleric or other divine character, using domains such as celerity or time.
I myself found an additional option which looks fun, but heavy in prereqs, (Heretic cleric of Lathander from Power of Faerun gets Haste).

My question though are these, why do people keep suggesting using Domains to let you qualify for swiftblade? Swiftblade is a PrC that only advances arcane casting, so you lose A LOT by being a Time domain cleric.

Is there a rule somewhere which says a cleric can advance his divine casting with swiftblade?

TheYoungKing
2010-04-06, 10:21 PM
Houserules exist for a reason.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-06, 10:26 PM
If you can get to houserule so swiftblade advances divine casting, you can easily enter with archivist (they can get haste as a spell from a divine scroll of haste, got through a cleric with haste as a domain spell XP)

Though in contrast to wizard or sorcerers, archivist loose A LOT by multiclassing.

herrhauptmann
2010-04-06, 10:53 PM
Giving advice assuming houserules is pretty worthless.
As an extreme example, it's like telling someone "Monk is totally awesome" because your houseruled monk gets full BAB, d10, save DC's are 10+monk level, and a half dozen bonus feats.

Well now that that's cleared up, I can stop looking for the rule.

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-06, 11:17 PM
Giving advice assuming houserules is pretty worthless.
As an extreme example, it's like telling someone "Monk is totally awesome" because your houseruled monk gets full BAB, d10, save DC's are 10+monk level, and a half dozen bonus feats.

Well now that that's cleared up, I can stop looking for the rule.

Meh, it'd still be tier 4 with that set-up.