PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Rich.

amanojaku
2010-04-06, 11:42 PM
I wanted to say thanks to Rich for answering my question on half elves vs. half orcs but some git closed it before I could do it there.

So thanks, Rich. I was just curious about that as we do seem to see several human/orc hybrids but only one human/elf. I'd just wondered if it was because elves were more discerning than humans but I appreciated your explanation.

(Too bad in a way. it could have been funny to have had someone ask V about the issue and V struggle to find a polite way to say elves are too haughty to breed with anyone else. :smallbiggrin:)

Good health to you!

Elfin
2010-04-06, 11:49 PM
I want to point out that the "git" who closed it was Roland St. Jude, our chief moderator in the Playground.

Darakonis
2010-04-06, 11:53 PM
some git closed it
:smalleek:

*gulp*

Rich has selected a number of Moderators to help keep the forums in line; the Moderators were selected by Rich personally and are acting on his authority, so what they say goes.

amanojaku
2010-04-07, 12:19 AM
{Scrubbed}

Jagos
2010-04-07, 12:21 AM
Word to the wise, calling mods names is a good way to shorten your stay here. Just let it be, Roland does do a good job.

-Edit- Also, after a question is answered, usually the thread turns to spam. I believe he was just heading off that nonsense before it got to be too much.

Nimrod's Son
2010-04-07, 12:40 AM
Oh, dude.

I've stuck up for you before, but you're asking for trouble here. I'd consider rephrasing and/or deleting ASAP if you have any intention whatsoever of staying on these forums.

But if you're that set on being An Hero, well, far be it from me to stop you.

mucat
2010-04-07, 01:17 AM
{scrubbed}
Thing is, he's a good one. You're not impressing anyone here.

KBF
2010-04-07, 01:20 AM
I don't see what you're getting at either. Roland is a good mod. We all like him, he keeps things in order. Seriously. Not earning any points with the community.

What does this even have to do with OotS?

Lycan 01
2010-04-07, 01:25 AM
Okay, I have to admit, its pretty awesome that Rich commented on something you said. He rarely posts, to my knowledge, so its pretty special for him to answer a random question, considering how many are asked... So yeah, that's awesome.

However, its not cool that you're going to go off and insult one of the mods. Let alone one of the most well-known and popular mods on the site. He's actually quite nice, and he's a pretty reasonable guy. He's just doing his job, though, and that job involves closing threads once the questions they involve are answered. So, don't get mad at him and insult him for doing the job Rich gave him. That's just not nice...

Y'know, if you'd PMed him and asked nicely, Roland might have re-opened your old thread for discussion. Heck, directly PMing Rich would have been a better course of action. But now you've set yourself up for trouble. So unless you're looking forward to some serious warnings, I'd edit those posts of yours, and/or apologize. :smalleek:

sofawall
2010-04-07, 07:05 AM
Especially seeing as how making a thread similar to one a mod closed is considered a violation, even without the 'git'.

And for the record, while Roland/the rules and I do not see eye to eye, they are generally much more decent than some other places.

ThePhantasm
2010-04-07, 08:43 AM
{scrubbed}

Wow, so you just decide to generalize that all mods are bad?

Why don't they teach logic in schools anymore?

Water-Smurf
2010-04-07, 08:48 AM
One, it's really cool that the Giant replied to you. I think Lycan already touched on this point, so I don't have to really expand on why it's cool, but yeah: he doesn't do that often.

On another note, I suggest deleting and/or editing out the 'git' comments. Roland is, one, quite popular and two, is actually good at his job. He had a perfectly good reason to lock the thread--the question was answered--and he's quite friendly and reasonable if you're just polite. You could have PM'd Rich or asked for the thread to be unlocked. He's a good mod. And even if you don't look at that, you're not supposed to call fellow posters names or throw around personal insults.

But I have a feeling that this thread will be locked too. It seems like a duplicate more than anything, even if you discount the personal insults.

Closak
2010-04-07, 08:55 AM
Errr...dude, insulting DA MOD is kinda asking for it.
It's like painting a big red target sign on your forehead.

Now if you excuse me i'm gonna run and hide so i don't wind up in the cross-fire when DA HAMMAR comes out to play :smalleek:

*Hides*

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-07, 09:07 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: When a thread just asks a question, and Rich answers it, there's little left for the thread to do but get spammy - which it usually does. If he had popped his head into a complicated discussion to address some part of it, that's one thing, but where it's a "Why is X?" thread and Rich says, "X because Y." We might get a thank you for responding, but we're likely to get more off-topic stuff because the question's been answered (or, surprisingly, people saying that Rich's reason isn't the real reason or similar nonsense).

The OPs insulting PM to me on this exact same issue was responded to with suggestions to: 1) PM The Giant directly with thanks and 2) to NOT INSULT ANYONE HERE.

Thread Locked.