PDA

View Full Version : Question about magic items and Spellcasting

Wermus
2010-04-06, 11:52 PM
well, this is a dumb question but i will ask it anyways

im planning to make a Gnoll Arcane Hierophant (no HD and no adjustmen, just +s2 str, -2 chan, the gm will anul the -2 int for personal reasons). Im using the "point buy" system with 32 poitns. I end with 16 int and 17 wis. My question is, if i use a magic item that give me int (lets say, +2) and im able to cast lvl 8 arcane spells, can i still cast them even if without the item i just have 16 int?.

Thanks a lot for the Helpin advice.

P.D. trhis would be my stats str 12 dex 10 con 14 int 16 wis 17 cha 10. He will be a lvl 11 pc but it can still change if ya give me some advices.:smallbiggrin:

dextercorvia
2010-04-06, 11:56 PM
So long as you have the item, you will be able to cast up to 8th level wizard spells. If you lose it, take it off, or whatever, you would be back to 6th and below.

Dracons
2010-04-07, 12:06 AM
So long as you have the item, you will be able to cast up to 8th level wizard spells. If you lose it, take it off, or whatever, you would be back to 6th and below.

What they said.

No real tips. Sorry. Never played a gnoll.

He likely canceled the intelligence penality since your only getting +2 to strength rather then the +4, nor are you getting the con bonus. You at least getting the natural armor?

Wermus
2010-04-07, 01:28 AM
well, imnot getting the AC bonus, but i will not have the level adjustmentxDD. Thanks a lot for the info