PDA

View Full Version : Open Game Content Books

Miyako
2010-04-07, 01:23 AM
d20 Modern SRD is Open Gaming Content. Does that mean something like the published WotC books, Weapons Locker, or Critical Locations are too?

What about Call of Cthulhu?

Does anyone know about any free sourcebooks related to d20 Modern besides the SRD?

Rappy
2010-04-07, 01:29 AM
Weapons Locker is mostly Open Game Content due to having a fair dose of its materials cribbed from Ultramodern Firearms.

Other than that...what isn't in the SRD isn't OGC when it comes to Wizards of the Coast content. Critical Locations certainly isn't OGC.

I don't know enough about Call of Cthulhu to help you there.

As for other free d20 Modern items beyond the SRD? Besides fan-created content and the web enhancements from Wizards of the Coast, you don't' have much hope there. Most third party products are (logically) trying to turn a profit.

Lycan 01
2010-04-07, 01:43 AM
Chaosium actually provides the CoC rules for free. Check the site for the Quick Start download, which comes with the basics of the system, character creation, and a pre-made scenario! :smallbiggrin:

Zeta Kai
2010-04-07, 05:12 AM
Chaosium actually provides the CoC rules for free. Check the site for the Quick Start download, which comes with the basics of the system, character creation, and a pre-made scenario! :smallbiggrin:

I didn't know that. That's hot. I'm going there (http://www.chaosium.com/article.php?story_id=87) right now.