PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 - Treasure Hunt [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Zazori
2010-04-07, 04:56 AM
You've all somehow made your way to Balzhan.

Marlonian was the first to get to the Counts house, he was told that the Count wasn't to be found here at the moment, he was out hunting.
Marlonian was shown into a big living room, where he was served a fine meal.

Thoros Trannyth was the second to get there, he knocked on the big door to the Counts house, the door opened and in front of him there was this beautiful human girl, her hair was long and blond, it shined in the sunlight, her eyes was blue and she had a white dress on.
"Hi, i guess your one of those strong adventures my father did sent a letter to" she said, her voice was sweet and innocent.

Gaston was the third to find himself in Balzhan, he walked down the main street in the city, not many people was to be found on the street, the city was clearly affected by the war that raged.

Gimble Garrick was the fourth to see Balzhan with his own eyes, he was in a trade store buying Oil (3 pints), he used up the ones he had on the way to Balzhan.
the Oil (3 pints), is those you have in your back, you do not need to pay for it since you already did that d:

Barral Werlagg was the fifth to see Balzhan, he stood in front of the gates to Balzhan, they were made of solid black iron, they looked like they could hold out what ever enemy that would attack the city.

Torlin Ungil was the last to see Balzhan, he was walking the road towards the city, when he came closer to the big gates he saw another dwarf standing in front of the gates, it was the first living person he have seen on the road towards Balzhan.

Facts about Balzhan:

The city is of a fair size.
1 blacksmith.
3 trade stores.
1 tempel.
2 taverns.

Players:

{table=head]Player|Character|Race|Class|Role
VinGoodman |
Barral Werlagg (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=197909) |
Dwarf |
Cleric of pelor |
Healing, Undead Bashing, Secondary Tank |
Leinad |
Thoros Trannyth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=197952) |
Human |
Ranger |
Scout/Melee |
Lycan 01 |
Gaston (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198211) |
Half-Elf |
Fighter |
Tank + Comic Relief |
Tusalu |
Torlin Ungil (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198244) |
Dwarf |
Barbarian |
Melee |
Kaulesh |
Gimble Garrick (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198182) |
Gnome |
Illusionist Wizard |
Support, Distraction, Fine Red Paste |
Devmaar |
Marlonian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=197898) |
Human |
Sorceror |
Support Caster/Buffer |
[/table]

VinGoodman
2010-04-07, 09:35 AM
I should be at Kresea. The dwarf scowls as he stands before the gates of Balzhan. Though the build is majestic, and would meet the approval (though barely) of a dwarven engineer, Barral's heart simply isn't in the right mood to appreciate it. Steeling his resolve not to deviate from the course, he pushes thoughts of Kresea out of his mind and enters the city.

With a bit of guidance of a patrolling guard, Barral manages to find the manor of the Count. He steps up to the door, and knocks.

Kaulesh
2010-04-07, 09:54 AM
Gimble ambles up to the cashier and sets his items on the counter. "I think this will be all. By the by, would you happen to know the location of the Count's manor? I have been summoned, but am new to this city and know where nothing is."

After paying and thanking the shopkeep, Gimble leaves the store and eventually reaches the manor. This is huge... What could someone of such status want from a traveling entertainer? Surely, he can hire someone much more experienced. The gnome approaches and knocks on the door.

(Assuming Barral and I arrive at separate times)

Leinad
2010-04-07, 09:59 AM
"Thank you, Lady Highhead. I am indeed one he sent a letter to," Thoros said as he produced the letter he had received. "Would you be so kind as to direct me to your father?" A slight unnoticeable tear welled up in Thoros' eye as he recalled memories of his own daughter playing in his fields. The wounds were still fairly fresh, and his desire for retribution served to quell the pain from his losses.

Zazori
2010-04-07, 11:44 AM
Marlonian kindly accepts the meal, the meal was like a dream, he had never tasted anything like it before.
He was all alone in the big room, just at the table there was space for 20 people, a big statue watched him as he ate, the statue seemed to be missing something from its hand, he couldn't see what it was.

I didn't write what the room looked like earlier, because i knew that Devmaar was on vacation, and he is the only one having a character in the room at the moment. d:

Tusalu
2010-04-07, 12:12 PM
After catching sight of the city Torlin packs away his weapons. He looks grimly at the large gates. This reminds him too much of the home he fled.
He walks through, not bothering to greet the other dwarf.
Inside he begins to look for a city guard. When he spots one he goes over to ask for directions. Where's the Count live? He's sent for me.
As soon as the guard has answered Torlin moves on in the given direction.
He ignores any present guards and goes up to knock at the door.

Lycan 01
2010-04-07, 02:38 PM
Gaston slowly makes his way down the street, his scale armor clinking with every step, his greatsword strapped comfortable to his back. His expression smug, he tries not to think about his mother too much, or his worry for her well-being. Noticing a merchant's store, Gaston swaggers in and approaches the counter, grinning broadly. "Greetings, good sir!" he says to the cashier, not even bothering to make sure its a guy. "My name is Gaston, and I'm an adventurer! I find myself in need of some things, and YOU are the lucky merchant who will be helping me to resolve my search. Pray tell, how much would a satchel or backpack, bedroll, rope, some trail rations, a lantern, several pints of lantern oil, and a jar of Alchemist's Fire run me?" he grins broadly, hoping his charm will rub off on the business' owner and perhaps earn him a discount.

Diplomacy to impress them, and hopefully get a small discount? :smallbiggrin:

[roll0]

Ouch. Its a chick, ain't it? XD

Zazori
2010-04-07, 03:40 PM
Everyone except Gaston found their way up to the Count's manor, they were all invited inside by the beautiful girl, and shown into the living room.

Thoros sees a human in sitting and eating in the living room.

Torlin sees two humans sitting in the living room.

Barral sees two humans and a dwarf in the living room.

Gimble sees two humans and two dwarfs in the living room.

Everyone is served a fine meal.

The living room is big, there is a statue at the far end of the room, and in the middle of the room there is a big wooden table with space for 20 people.
Carpets on the walls, and flowers in every corner of the room.

The merchant turns around and says with an annoyed voice "Hi, you want to buy some of our finest items, huh?"
She brings forth a book, opens it, and quickly looks through the pages "It will be 21gp for the Alchemist's fire, 1sp and 3cp for the Pint oil each, 8gp for a hooded lantern and 13gp for a bullseye, 1gp and 2sp for a hemp rope, we do not have silk ropes at this very moment, 1sp and 2cp for a bedroll, and 2gp and 7sp for a backpack, we do not sell rations here and satchels is sold out" she says, you can clearly hear on her voice that she's annoyed because you called her sir.
You notice that she's overpricing all of the items that you want to buy.

Spot roll.
(1d20)[10]

It ruined the roll when i edited the text above, so i had to type it in.

Lycan 01
2010-04-07, 03:50 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry, m'lady..." Gaston bows his head in courtesy and tries to flash his prettiest smile, "My eyes hadn't adjusted from the sunlight outside, and you had your back turned. My sincerest apologies for any offense I may have caused." He then pulls a purse of gold from his belt, and drops it on the table. "There should be about 40 Gold coins in there. I think I may have misheard some of the prices you mentioned, so I'm not sure if that's enough to cover everything..." he shrugs.

Whoops...

Not sure its diplomacy or bluff to smooth this over. I have +2 bluff and +4 diplomacy, so I'll just roll a d20 and you can add whichever mod applies.

[roll0]

Leinad
2010-04-07, 04:50 PM
Thoros took his seat at the table and introduced himself to the one already seated at the table, "Thoros Trannyth of Liukin, looks to be a fine meal they've prepared for us. I was unaware there would be others, do you know how many we are expecting?"

Thoros went about his meal with relative quiet aside from introductions and greetings as the other guests arrived. He looked forward to hearing the proposition that the count would be presenting.

As it may be necessary
[roll0]; [roll1]

Stats

Thoros Trannyth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=197952)
M Neutral Human Ranger, Level 1, Init +6, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Handaxe (2) 4 (1d6, x3)
Longbow (Arrows (40)) 4 (1d8, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 11
Condition None
Senses Listen: +6; Spot: +6; Search: +3
Wealth:19 gold, 7sp
Current XP: 0
Skills
{table=head] Skill | Key Abl |Skill Mod| Ab Mod | Rank | Misc
Appraise |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Balance |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Bluff |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Climb |STR| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Concentration |Con| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Craft(Carpentry) |Int| +2 | 1 | 1 | 0
Decipher Script |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Diplomacy |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Disable Device |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Disguise |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Escape Artist |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Forgery |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Gather Info |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Handle Animal |Cha| +3 | 0 | 3 | 0
Heal |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Hide |Dex| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Intimidate |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Jump |Str| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (dungeoneering) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (geography) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (nature) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Listen |Wis| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Move Silently |Dex| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Open Lock |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Perform |Cha| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Profession |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Ride |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Search |Int| +3 | 1 | 2 | 0
Sense Motive |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Sleight of Hand |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Spellcraft |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Spot |Wis| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Survival |Wis| +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Swim |Str| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Tumble |Dex| +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Use Magic Device |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Use Rope |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
[/table]

Kaulesh
2010-04-07, 05:29 PM
Gimble takes a seat and eagerly pulls his food closer. "Not having the head honcho here at the moment may not be so bad. You know how certain higher-ups feel about guests using the wrong fork, right? I must say, this looks and smells wonderful." Shortly before digging in, he seems to remember an important bit of information. "Gimble Garrick, at your service."

VinGoodman
2010-04-07, 09:30 PM
Barral pauses between bites and nods in acknowledgement as Gimble and Thoros introduces themselves. A brief flash of recognition came and went as his hazel brown eyes imprinted the dwarf in his memory. Unable to match a name to the dwarf, Barral decides it's simply a case of mistaken identity. "Barral, servant of Pelor. May his light grace your house this day."

Tusalu
2010-04-08, 10:09 AM
Torlin keeps his silence while the other goes through the formalities. However he looks up when he notices Barral staring at him. Name's Torlin Ungil. I can assure you, there's no reason for blessings for one such as me. Nor my house. The last word is spat out with noticeable in a rather negative tone. Can't say I've done much to earn it. He returns to his meal.

Zazori
2010-04-08, 10:41 AM
"My name is Marlonian, and i didn't know that there would be more than me." Marlonian answers quietly, and begins to eat again.

He introduces himself to the rest as they enter the room.

--

After you all have introduced yourselves and have been eating for a while, the counts' daughter enters the room. "Hi again, my father should be back any moment now, but it seems one of you is missing, she says with a happy voice.

--

"You can have 5 pints of oil, 1 bullseye lantern, 1 hempen rope, 1 bedroll, 1 backpack, and 1 alchemist's fire, at the cost of 37gp. she says, you get a feeling that what you just said helped a bit.

Sense motive roll d:
[roll0]

Leinad
2010-04-08, 11:19 AM
After finishing his meal, Thoros gets up from the table and begins perusing the various adornments and pictures upon the walls in the dining room. "So, six of us will be a part of this venture and a couple of them look rather surly," Thoros thought to himself as he paused before the statue that had been watching over them as they ate, admiring the craftsmanship.

Actively listening and looking for the Count or the sixth member of the party.
[roll0]; [roll1]
Admiring the statue... might classify as a...
[roll2]

Stats

Thoros Trannyth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=197952)
M Neutral Human Ranger, Level 1, Init +6, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 12, Flat-footed 13, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Handaxe (2) 4 (1d6, x3)
Longbow (Arrows (40)) 4 (1d8, x3)
Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 11
Condition None
Senses Listen: +6; Spot: +6; Search: +3
Wealth:19 gold, 7sp
Current XP: 0
Skills
{table=head] Skill | Key Abl |Skill Mod| Ab Mod | Rank | Misc
Appraise |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Balance |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Bluff |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Climb |STR| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Concentration |Con| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Craft(Carpentry) |Int| +2 | 1 | 1 | 0
Decipher Script |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Diplomacy |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Disable Device |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Disguise |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Escape Artist |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Forgery |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Gather Info |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Handle Animal |Cha| +3 | 0 | 3 | 0
Heal |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Hide |Dex| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Intimidate |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Jump |Str| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (dungeoneering) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (geography) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Knowledge (nature) |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Listen |Wis| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Move Silently |Dex| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Open Lock |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Perform |Cha| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Profession |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Ride |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Search |Int| +3 | 1 | 2 | 0
Sense Motive |Wis| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Sleight of Hand |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Spellcraft |Int| +1 | 1 | 0 | 0
Spot |Wis| +6 | 2 | 4 | 0
Survival |Wis| +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Swim |Str| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Tumble |Dex| +4 | 2 | 2 | 0
Use Magic Device |Cha| +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Use Rope |Dex| +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
[/table]

Lycan 01
2010-04-08, 12:17 PM
"Thanks, m'lady," Gaston grins broadly. "You may keep the extra 3 Gold coins, as a token of my gratitude for such good service."

His business done, and his coin-purse empty, the adventurer decides to head on to his destination, unless the woman has anything else to say or add. Once he's finished talking to her, he'll proceed to the Count's residence, and figure out why he's been summoned, and what's in it for him.

Kaulesh
2010-04-08, 01:13 PM
Finished with his meal and content, Gimble lounges about lazily. "Six people, eh? Why six? Hopefully he doesn't want us to have a grand duel to the death. I'm... woefully squishy."

VinGoodman
2010-04-09, 12:22 AM
Barral laughs aloud at Gimbles strange conjecture. "I doubt he called us for mere game. The tone of the missive seemed too serious for that." Feeling a bit awkward at the silence that follows, Barral attempts awkwardly to continue the conversation. "So, is your father an avid hunter?"

Zazori
2010-04-09, 03:48 PM
Thoros have a strange feeling that something is missing from the statue, but no matter how much he searches it, he cannot see what it is.
The statue resembles a Vampire, he's holding out his left hand, while he holds his right hand on his chest.

"Why dont you ask him yourself?, He should be here any minute now," she answers Barral with a calm, but still happy voice.

Gaston makes his way to the counts manor, when he is about to knock the door, he hears a dark manly voice from behind, "Oh, you are one of the strong men i sent letters for, am i right?", when you look at him, you see a well dressed old man, he seems very rich.

Leinad
2010-04-09, 08:00 PM
Thoros thought to mingle with the others a bit more before the count arrived, but there was just something about the statue that was bugging him. He continued to ponder it a bit more.

Taking 20 on the search for a score of 23. Which should be the equivalent of looking at it for 2 minutes- should take at least that long for the count to make it to the dining hall, I assume.

Lycan 01
2010-04-10, 02:59 PM
"My name is Gaston," the Fighter nods, stepping aside so the man may get to the door, "And yes, I am one of the men you sent for. By all means, after you sir. Its your house, after all. How many I be of service to you?"

Tusalu
2010-04-11, 03:25 AM
Torlin stands up from the table. So how long do you think the count will keep us waiting? I don't think someone like him would call for such a band of mercenaries and brigands, just for dinner.

Kaulesh
2010-04-11, 10:29 AM
Gimble stands and begins pacing the room. "Apparently we've got an art connoisseur in our midst."

Zazori
2010-04-11, 11:51 AM
The old man steps up to the door and opens it while he says "I will tell you, why i have called for you and all the others, when we are inside,.

Thoros searched the statue for a while, when his fingers slipped across something on the back of the statue, it felt like a mark or something.
At the same time, the door opens and an old man, and a half-elf steps into the room.
"Good, you're all here, The old man says with a pleasent voice.
"I hope that you have enjoyed your stay, while I wasn't here," He continues.

His daughter silently moves out of the room.

Leinad
2010-04-11, 01:13 PM
Turning abruptly from his perusal of the statue, Thoros nods his head at the count agreeing that he has indeed enjoyed the count's hospitality thus far.

"I trust your hunt ended with favorable results, Count?" Thoros asked with a smile.

Thoros then moves to return to his seat in order to hear what the count has to say.

Kaulesh
2010-04-11, 01:15 PM
Gimble stops and turns to the man. "Yes, sir. Thank you for the food. It was wonderful." He then returns to his seat, politely waiting for the Count to sit first.

Lycan 01
2010-04-11, 01:18 PM
Gaston quickly scurries to the nearest empty seat, plops down, and leans back comfortably in the chair. He decides to save introductions until after the Count has finished speaking.

Tusalu
2010-04-11, 01:53 PM
Torlin turns to the Count. "Finally! Maybe now you can tell us, what it is we have come all this way for?"

Zazori
2010-04-11, 03:09 PM
The count looks at Torlin, "You are all free to leave if you do not wish to join this.. Quest, that i have for you," his voice went deep and serious.
"I've sent letters for you, because i want you to bring me a.." he stops talking for a moment, and then he continues "Statue, it have been in our family for lifetimes, it resembles an angel, it's small so you can easily carry it in your backpacks, you can find this statue in my old house, which can be found to the west out of this city, all you have to do to get there is to follow the road until you see a forest, when your through the forest, you then have to turn right of the road, you will be paid in gold and jewels, if you bring back the statue in one piece," He takes a pouch from his belt, he looks into it, and then throws it on the table, "This is some of what you will get," he says.
In the pouch you find 350gp, and 1 ruby.

Leinad
2010-04-11, 03:25 PM
Thoros pondered the small mark in the statue that was present in the room. Clearing his throat he posed a question to the count, "Count Highead, If I may, what is the purpose of this statue we are to retrieve. It seems a great reward for a task that seems rather simple and overmanned. Are there more dangers you have yet to tell us about?"

[roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-04-11, 03:29 PM
Responding to Thoros' comment: "Aye. It seems to me that anyone pulled off of the street could be hired to hop over there and pick it up for much less. There has to be some kind of catch."

Sense motive [roll0]
Dang, no ranks... Also, RNGod hates me.

VinGoodman
2010-04-11, 06:39 PM
If it's too good to be true... Barral sits back and folds his arms, as he waits for the Count to explain the task further.

Zazori
2010-04-13, 05:36 AM
"Well, in normal times, yes, then everyone would have been able to do it, but in these times with wars and thieves, i need someone cheaper than guards and yet someone that can protect themselves, and i believe that you are capable of doing so, there is no great danger out there, unless you encounter soldiers, but i think that you are smart enough not to put up a fight against them." The count answers.

I'm doing a diplomacy check, to help him convince you a bit (:

1d20+4

Zazori
2010-04-13, 05:39 AM
[roll0]

Anyone able to see what i did wrong above? ):

Leinad
2010-04-13, 06:20 AM
"Indeed, desperate times often bring about desperate acts. I imagine your house is protected in some manner, will you be providing us with keys and such to gain access to the manor?"

VinGoodman
2010-04-13, 06:48 AM
West out of this city, follow the road until a forest, through the forest, turn right of the road...Barral interrupts the conversation. "What town will we be going to to retrieve this item for you?"

Tusalu
2010-04-13, 07:58 AM
Torlin looks sceptically at the count. "You sure enemy soldiers are the only danger present? To me it seems like that would make it a task for one guy, not six.. One fast man on a horse would be better at evading patrols than all of us."

Kaulesh
2010-04-13, 08:04 AM
Gimble sits patiently and lets the two larger races do the talking. The crass Torlin does a better job than he of getting his point across.

Lycan 01
2010-04-13, 11:05 AM
Gaston lets out a throaty laugh, leans back in his chair, and props his boots up on the table. "Have no fear, Count. If anyone can do this, its Gaston. I don't really care about the reasons and details behind all this. Just tell me what to do, and when to do it, and I'll get it done for you. If the pay is handsome enough, of course..." the Fight grins charismatically. "So, when do we start?"

Zazori
2010-04-13, 01:52 PM
"Protected.." The count says quietly, "Keys wont be needed," He answers Thoros "yeah, 1 man on a horse will evade the soldiers easier, but what if he encounter a band of thieves, they would kill him in an instant, but when you're six they might not even touch you..." The count gets interrupted by Barral.

"What town... town town town... That would be.." He holds a break, " Kresea.." The count answers,
He looks at Gaston who just laughed out load and said some stuff, "I hope that you can leave by tomorrow morning, for the time being you can stay here and rest, if you need anything just ask anyone that you might meet in the halls, you can go where ever you want to, but do not go down into the cellar."

If you beat a Geography or Wis DC 12 check, you know that the road he told you would lead you to Kresea, but it's a way different road than people normally uses.

Kaulesh
2010-04-13, 02:18 PM
"Kresea... I haven't been there since..." Gimble sniffs and lets his thought trail off.

"I'll do it."

Leinad
2010-04-13, 02:56 PM
Knowing exactly to what Gimble is referring to begins to boil inside. It is not hard to see his demeanor turn hard at the recall of events that transpired. He then rather shortly states, "We depart in the morning, I trust you lot will be ready to go before daybreak." He then turns in the direction that would likely become their guest quarters for the night.

VinGoodman
2010-04-13, 07:44 PM
Kresea! "I'll go." He seems to have lost interest in any further information about the task, as he sits back with the wine in hand. He looks at the wine dourly, and inquires if there is something stronger.

Devmaar
2010-04-14, 05:32 AM
Marlonian speaks up: I could use the money- I'm in.

Bluff check to hide his Rusasik accent:
[roll0]

Tusalu
2010-04-14, 06:08 AM
As the Count mentions Kresea a grimace passes Torlin's face.
He waits until the count has finished, before speaking up. "Well, I'm in! Hope you folks can fight if we have to."

VinGoodman
2010-04-14, 08:09 AM
Kildred... Barral downs the wine and refills it from the caraf on the table.

Zazori
2010-04-16, 03:46 AM
"You can stay here for the day and night and then leave by tomorrow morning, I'll be leaving you now, you are free to explore the house, just dont go down into the cellar, if you ever need anything just ask anyone you meet." The count says with a lower voice.

VinGoodman
2010-04-16, 04:23 AM
Barral nods solemnly, still without a word. He waits for ale, and continues to drink the wine from the carafe. Eventually, as the night falls, he stumbles his way to a bed and collapses into sleep, and waits for morning.

Devmaar
2010-04-16, 08:21 AM
Marlonian stands, leaves the room and asks the first servant he comes across: Could you direct me to the Count's daughter's chambers please?

Kaulesh
2010-04-16, 09:14 AM
Gimble stands and walks until he finds a servant. "There wouldn't happen to be a library on the premises or in town, would there?"

If affirmative, he will go there and read to pass the time and come back at around ten or so to sleep. If negative, he will head straight to his room to prepare for the next day.

Leinad
2010-04-16, 10:19 AM
Thoros headed to his room and tried to get some sleep, but he couldn't. Instead he walked the halls and found a veranda that looked toward Kresea and further still to what used to be known as the village of Liukin. He stood there gazing for many hours eventually falling asleep in the open air of the Veranda.

Zazori
2010-04-20, 03:55 PM
Marlonian, You meet a lady who's busy cleaning the hall way, when you ask her for the directions to the counts daughters room, she tells you " I can show you where it is, just follow me," she then leads you through the house and up to a door, its decorated with lots of flowers and pieces of clothes,
when/if you open the door,
You see the counts daughter sitting at her desk, writing something, she sits with her back against you, it doesn't look like she heard you.

Gimble, you meet the butler in the hall way, after you asked him, he answers, "Oh the count have the biggest library i've ever seen, I can show you the way," he shows you the way to the library, it's Huuuuuugeee, you haven't ever seen anything like it.
( it fills half of the 2nd floor )

Thoros, you fall asleep on the Veranda, you dream that your fingers slip across the mark on the back of the statue, your eyes flashes, you now stand behind the statue, watching your own fingers slip across a red tear in a circle, your eyes flashes again, everything is black, you hear your own heart racing and your breath is quick and panicked, it feels like your lying in a pool of warm thick water.
Your eyes open, and you get blinded by a torch hanging above you, after regaining your sight you stand up, realizing that you was lying in a pool of blood, your soaking wet, in front of you, you see the center of the fountain, blood is running from the neck of a beautiful girl, a male stand in front of her, hes mouth is wipe open, he have two long teeth.
Your heart starts racing faster and faster, while your hand moves closer to the male statue, at the very moment you touch hes arm, hes head turns and screams right into your face.
You wake up, the moon is lighting the Veranda up, your bathed in sweat.

Barral, dreams about hes past, the dream ends with everything being black, and he hears a thousand voices around him saying "Kresea have been assaulted, none lived" they're repeating themselves over and over, Barral's father shows up in front of him, and says "There is no need to be afraid, we are.." he stops talking, a sword slashes through him, from behind, Barral wakes up.

Dont mind spelling errors and stuff, i just began on my new job and i'm so tired at the moment d:

Leinad
2010-04-20, 04:16 PM
Once awake again Thoros rushes back to the dining hall where the statue was with intentions of bashing it until it is destroyed.

and he'll beat on it using whatever he can until it is destroyed

Kaulesh
2010-04-20, 04:44 PM
Having not had the opportunity to indulge himself like this in a while. Gimble reads through whatever he can get his hands on. He eventually lowers his head to the current book he is reading and passes into sleep.

When he awakes, he prepares his spells, replaces the books, and walks to the dining hall where he can hopefully get some breakfast before leaving.

VinGoodman
2010-04-20, 04:54 PM
Barral sits up in cold sweat. As he closes his eyes, the image of his father and the sword flashes in his mind a second time. He opens up his eyes and lets out a sigh, and ponders if it was a vision or simply a nightmare.

If it were a vision, I must not let it go in vain! He focuses his attention on the image, trying to recollect every last detail of the last scene. Soon, the attempt itself fades into memory, and he falls back asleep.

Lycan 01
2010-04-20, 07:15 PM
Gaston decides to go back and see if he can make a better impression on the girl who was running the shop. As he leaves the manor, he plucks some roses from a random vase, then heads back into town. He finds the general store he visited earlier, and tries the door. If its open, he wants to walk in and see if the girl is still working there. If she is, he will pull the flowers from behind his back and say with a charismatic grin: "Hi, I thought I'd swing by and give you these. I just wanted to make sure there were no hard feelings about earlier today. Plus, you gave me a pretty fair deal, unlike most stores I've been to. So, I thought I'd say sorry and thanks, and get some pretty flowers for a pretty girl..."

However, if the door is locked, or the girl is not working there, then he'll just head back to the manor and go to bed.

Devmaar
2010-04-21, 10:04 AM
Marlonian calls softly to the girl Excuse me, before beginning a conversation with the aim of discovering the information her father seemed to be withholding, specifically anything he kept back about the house and a reason for not entering the cellar

Gather information check [roll0]

After this he attempts to seduce the girl

Diplomacy check [roll1]

If successful he spends the night with her and in the morning leaves a note on her desk to the effect of 'I didn't want to wake you but I must leave, I'll see you when I return with your father's statue' before going for breakfast.

If unsuccessful he goes to his quarters for the night before meeting the group for breakfast.

Zazori
2010-04-27, 03:57 PM
She turns around and looks at Marlonian "Oh, hi I didn't hear you, do you need anything?" she answers.

You didn't really give me any idea about in what way you wanted to get the information, so i'm going to let you answer :3
For the part of you seducing her, it fails, you should atleast have gotten a 100 and a really really really awesome roleplay d:

You make your way to the store, but you do not find the lady, you instead find an old man.

Spot
[roll0]

"Are those flowers for me?" he says with a fancy smile on.

Thoros, you're standing in front of the statue, having the choice of beating it with a chair or your hands.

Leinad
2010-04-27, 04:12 PM
Chair works

Tusalu
2010-04-28, 09:07 AM
While the other group members are exploring, Torlin quietly retreats to his chambers, as he has no wish to socialize at the moment. He sits down on his bed, and mumbles to himself. "Kresea? ... Hope he's dead..."
After a while, he decides to visit a local smithy to buy himself a whetstone. If he's able to, he spends the rest of the day furiously sharpening his waraxe.

Leinad
2010-04-30, 02:43 AM
Thoros grabs a chair and beats on the statue over and over hoping to break the thing into tiny bits. "This thing is evil, this thing is evil..."

How's 20?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Zazori
2010-04-30, 11:53 AM
Thoros, you break both the statue and the chairs, after your rage you head to bed.

-- Okaii guys, Assuming that everyone is done for the night, I'm speeding things up a bit d: --

It's morning, Dinner is served in the room with the statue.
The counts daughter is already eating when you get there.

Thoros is the last one to come to the room.

VinGoodman
2010-04-30, 12:42 PM
As the morning light penetrates his room, Barral sits back up and rubs his bloodshot eyes. Those dreams, are they visions or merely nightmares? He shivers as he recalls the details he strove to memorize just hours ago.

Clearing his mind, Barral devotes a bit of time meditating on Pelor and his ways before joining the group for breakfast.

Barral greets each person as his eyes meet theirs, before finding a spot at the table for himself.

Devmaar
2010-04-30, 01:01 PM
Marlonian is the last but one to arrive at breakfast and deliberately seats himself as far from the count's daughter as possible, he makes polite small talk with his neighbours.

Kaulesh
2010-04-30, 01:37 PM
Gimble arrives, his spells fresh in his mind. "Good morning." *sniff* "Smells delicious." He seems startled at the sight of the shattered statue, but decides to sit and eat breakfast. If the Count's daughter isn't distressed, he sees no reason to be.

Lycan 01
2010-04-30, 07:54 PM
After a dissappointing evening, Gaston returns back to the manor and manages to get a good evening of sleep. When he awakens, he heads to the dinning room and takes a seat opposite the Count's daughter, more-so out of simplicity than an attempt at flirtation. "Well, this certainly looks lovely..." Gaston grins widely, his teeth sparkling from the reflection of the morning sun through the windows. "Could someone please pass the pancakes?"

For sheer kicks and giggles, lets see if I can impress the Count's daughter with my smile...

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

Not bad, not bad. Maybe she'll at least pass me some pancakes... :smallbiggrin:

Leinad
2010-04-30, 11:38 PM
Thoros makes his way into the room and shudders briefly at the broken statue from last night, he had thought the whole thing might have been some crazy dream. He then proceeds to get some breakfast and asks one of the nearby servants if it wouldn't be too much trouble to get the breakfast packed up so he could get on with the traveling.

"Get your fill gentlemen, but let's not dally all day I want to get on our way as soon as possible," with that he leaves his seat and heads toward the kitchen to grab the extra bit of food before heading to the manor gate with his gear ready to get going.

VinGoodman
2010-05-01, 02:18 AM
Barrals, just as eager to move on to Kresea, stands and thanks the daughter and the count for the hospitality, before heading out and joining Thoros with his gear in tow.

Kaulesh
2010-05-01, 03:11 AM
Reluctantly and not without a few backward glances at the table of food, Gimble shoulders his pack and follows Thoros and Barral out of the room. "So much good food and I can only eat what I can carry with me." *sigh* "What a waste."

Tusalu
2010-05-02, 10:10 AM
After eating, Torlin gets his gear at his room, and joins the others.

Devmaar
2010-05-02, 11:08 AM
Marlonian is reluctant to leave his breakfast but as his last companion leaves he hurriedly gathers his gear and joins the others at the gate.

Zazori
2010-05-04, 04:41 AM
Gaston, after you asked for the pancakes a servant passes them over to you, after that a moment of silence occurs, and the counts daughter stands up and leaves the room.

"ofcourse you can have the breakfast packed, whats left of it, that is."
One of the servants answer you, after everyone is done eating the breakfast is packed down, and given to thoros.

The food is good for 30 rations, but they will turn bad in 2 days

I assume everyone is outside the counts house, correct me if I'm wrong

You are standing outside the counts house, with the count himself, you know that you have to head west to find his old house in kresea.

VinGoodman
2010-05-04, 04:43 AM
Barral bids the count and the daughter good day, and heads west toward Kresea.

Leinad
2010-05-04, 04:50 AM
Thoros presses onwards.

Kaulesh
2010-05-04, 09:11 AM
Gimble has some last words for the count before leaving. "Thank you for the food and for allowing me to make use of your ample library. My stay here has been nothing but pleasant. I apologize for some of my companions. It would appear that they were less so." He then begins walking toward his old childhood home of Kresea.

Devmaar
2010-05-04, 12:58 PM
Marlonian tries his best to stay in the middle of the group as it moves off

Tusalu
2010-05-05, 09:40 AM
Torlin is eager to go. He tries to make make farewells as short as possible. "We'll be on our way!" he says to the Count. If the others seem to linger, he says "Come on, let's get moving!"

Lycan 01
2010-05-05, 08:49 PM
"We'll be back before you know it!" Gaston proclaims proudly, pumping his fist into the air before taking the lead in the marching order. "You can count on us, sir! If anyone can do this, its Gaston! Hah hah hah!" he throws his head back and laughs heartily, heading off to glory and fame.

Zazori
2010-05-06, 12:35 AM
You follow the road for hours, watching the terrain change from city to fields and on to just grass, the sky is clear and the sun is shining bright.
The day passes and you set up a camp for the night.

Assuming that one of you stay on guard at all times.
You do not need to use a ration, you have the breakfast from the count.

In the morning, It's a bit foggy and cold but you head on towards kresea, after a few hours the fog disappears and the sun begins to shine, the temperature raises a bit again.
Around midday you begin to see a forest up ahead, when you get closer you can see that there is a road split one road goes through the forest and one road turns left and follows the forest around, the road that went into the forest turns right inside the forest.

Lycan 01
2010-05-06, 01:00 AM
"Alright, team..." Gaston turns back to the rest of the party, his expression one of intensity and confidence. "He said we go right once we go through the forest, so lets stay on the road into the woods. Be prepared for anything, though. There's no telling what might be waiting for us up ahead, let alone at that house..." he then turns back to the forest, looking and listening for any signs of danger or threats, or anything else worth notice.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

VinGoodman
2010-05-06, 01:09 AM
Barral follows Gaston's lead and keeps his eyes and ears open. It has been a rather quiet trip so far, which suited Barral just fine. He is quite eager to get to Kresea, to see for himself what it is like now.

OOC Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Leinad
2010-05-06, 08:45 AM
Thoros allowed the loud man, Gaston, to lead the others forward into the forest while he slipped away silently a good distance ahead of the group. After all, the forest was his terrain of choice.

Maintaining about 80ft ahead of the rest of the group. Move silently and hide taking 10's (seems a routine task for a Ranger) Hide-16s, Move Silently- 15s.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kaulesh
2010-05-06, 09:20 AM
Keeping near the rear of the group, Gimble allows the more physically capable members lead the way.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Devmaar
2010-05-06, 11:02 AM
Marlonian keeps to the middle of the group as it moves along, looking around nervously and clutching his spear.

spot: [roll0]
listen: [roll1]

Tusalu
2010-05-06, 01:57 PM
Torlin walks silently with the others, axe and shield in hand. He looks round warily. His armor and shield may cause him to move rather more noisely (total armor check penalty: -6)

Listen: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-05-08, 02:55 AM
The group continues thus, heading into the forest and taking the right turn along the road.

Zazori
2010-05-08, 08:08 AM
Thoros, at the same moment you steps into the forest everything behind you disappear and you are now standing in the middle of a forest next to the road.

For the others it just looks like he's walking through the forest.
As you walk in the forest you also gets trapped in the middle of a forest.

You all now stand in the middle of a forest, with a road that heads in 2 directions, the one in front of you that turns right, or one behind you that turns left.

Marlonian spots something different about the woods after he stepped in, but he can't place what it is, first at the moment where he looks back and watch the forest behind him for atleast 10 seconds he realize that the forest changed.

Leinad
2010-05-08, 09:24 AM
Thoros proceeds to take the road that turns right. Keeping a wary eye on what lies ahead.

When we took this path originally it looked like it turned right? or is this a right turn from that right turn?
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

VinGoodman
2010-05-08, 09:25 AM
Barral looks about with a slightly puzzled look, and he unstraps his morningstar and carries it in hand as he proceeds with the right turn on the road.

Kaulesh
2010-05-08, 11:24 AM
Gimble studies the forest behind them quickly before turning to follow the others with his crossbow loaded and ready.

Can he tell if some illusion or teleportation magic is at work?
Int [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-05-08, 12:53 PM
Gaston narrows his eyes. "Some sort of trickery is afoot. No matter... I'm sure we can handle it. The Count seemed to think we at least stood a chance of retrieving the statue. Lets see... I believe he said right once we go through the forest, and even though we're still in the woods, I suppose you could logic out that we went through the forest to get into another forest, or something like that. So right it is!" he proclaims with a grin. He also unstraps and draws his Greatsword from behind his back. He then casually rests the blade on his shoulder, holding the handle with his right hand in a loose grip.

Listen: [roll1]

Tusalu
2010-05-09, 08:34 AM
"Now this is a bad sign, if I've ever seen one! Did the Count on purpose send us right into this sorcery you think?" shouts Torlin, while looking around him for some sign of a way out. "I'm gonna have a word with him when we get back! IF WE GET BACK!" He follows the group onwards, hoping for the forest to send some more material enemy, he can take his anger out on. His face is clearly distorted with rage :smallfurious:, and his grip on his axe very tight.

Devmaar
2010-05-09, 08:54 AM
Increasingly nervous, Marlonian steps away from the angry Dwarf and says "I agree with Gaston, I'm sure this is nothing the six of us can't handle"

Zazori
2010-05-15, 01:17 AM
ûber none spoiling roll :3
[roll0]

Zazori
2010-05-15, 01:23 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Blah i hate when it fails to make ur rolls and you have to post again and even further that it says my message is too short lol...

This should prolly have been in the OOC thread :3

Zazori
2010-05-15, 01:38 AM
I'm assuming that Gaston, Torlin and Marlonian still are standing at the point where they were teleported to and that the other 3 have moved on down the road.

Gaston hears something move in the bushes behind him, as he's about to turn around and see what it is Marlonian and Torlin yells "MOOVE!!",
Gaston quickly steps forward, away from the bushes and then turns around, he sees 4 creatures, they look like ants, just bigger, much bigger.

The 3 who moved around hears that Torlin and Marlonian yells and turns around, they see that their 3 friends have encountered monsters.

Initiative
Ant1 - [roll0]
Ant2 - [roll1]
Ant3 - [roll2]
Ant4 - [roll3]
4 = Torlin - [roll4]
5 = Gaston - [roll5]
6 = Marlonian - [roll6]
1 = Barral - [roll7]
2 = Thoros - [roll8]
3 = Gimble - [roll9]

Marlonian and Gaston got the same Initiative.
So I'm moving Marlonian from 17 to 18 in Initiative.

Trying to do a wannabe drawing d:

4 A
5 A A
6 A

The 3 at top is those who move down the road.
The 3 to the left is Gaston, Torlin and Marlonian.
And the A's is the Ants.

From Gaston to the Ant on the same line as him there is 5ft.
From Torlin and Marlonian, there is 10ft to the Ants on their lines.
There is 20ft from the others down to the Ants.

You do not need to post in the Initiative order, just post ahead, and then I'll take them in Initiative order when i have all posts.

VinGoodman
2010-05-15, 01:46 AM
Barral sees the ants pop up in a threatening manner, and charges to batter them down.

OOC charge attack
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

AC 14 until next turn

Leinad
2010-05-15, 01:52 AM
Thoros turns to see the hulking ants and immediately draws his longbow to fire upon them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tusalu
2010-05-15, 06:50 AM
"Yaaaarrrgh!" Torlin swings his axe fiercely at the giant ants.

Power Attack 1
[roll0]
[roll0]

Tusalu
2010-05-15, 06:51 AM
Seems to be an error in my rolls, so I'll just redo them:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Devmaar
2010-05-15, 02:27 PM
Marlonian takes a step back, throws his spear at the ants and draws his crossbow.
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Kaulesh
2010-05-15, 11:23 PM
Gimble readies his crossbow and fires it at the ants, assuming it is loaded. If not, he loads it.

Attack one that isn't adjacent to someone. I forgot to subtract 4 for firing into melee. I'll miss either way, though.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Lycan 01
2010-05-15, 11:31 PM
"Heh, this should be fun..." Gaston muses, hefting his greatsword over his shoulder. He grips with both hands, raises it over his head, and then slams it down with ferocious strength on the nearest ant. "No one exterminates like Gaston!" he snarls with a grin.

Power Attack: -2 from atk/+4 to damage

VinGoodman
2010-05-16, 03:59 PM
OOC Just a reminder that Power Attack is capped by the BAB. At level 1 this usually means the most we can do with -1 for +2.

Zazori
2010-05-17, 05:43 AM
Torlin hits the ant and cuts its head off, the body falls to the ground.

Thoros hits another ant, but it doesnt seem to have hurt it much.

Ant attaaaack!!
Bite:[roll0]
Gaston is hit and now stands at 4 hit points.

Bite:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Marlonian is hit and falls to the ground with -5 hit points.

Bite:[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Torlin dodges the incoming bite.

Leinad
2010-05-17, 05:49 AM
Thoros quickly readies another arrow and aims for the ant once more. "Nice job, Torlin!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

VinGoodman
2010-05-17, 09:41 AM
Seeing one of the comrades go down, Barral redoubles his efforts in an attempt to bring the fight to an end so that he could check on his comrade.

Attack
Damage [roll}1d8+1

AC back to 16

VinGoodman
2010-05-17, 09:43 AM
I doubt it hit, but here's the damage reroll anyway:

[roll0]

Devmaar
2010-05-17, 09:58 AM
Marlonian lies bleeding on the ground

roll to stabilise: [roll0]

Tusalu
2010-05-17, 10:16 AM
(When it's my turn again):
Torlin roars at the ant he just dodged, and chops at it with his axe.

This time without Power Attack.
[roll0] to hit.
[roll1] damage.

Lycan 01
2010-05-17, 11:43 AM
"Oh snap!" Gaston yelps as the ant's mandibles lock around his shin. Swaying from side to side in attempt to keep his balance, the fighter quickly grips his greatsword and winds back to the left for a might swing. "No one can cleave like Gaston!" he boasts, unleashing a furious swing from left to right, hoping to cut through his ant and then strike the one adjacent to it.

Cleave: [roll0]

Somebody heal Gaston, please. Show him some love! :smalleek:

Kaulesh
2010-05-17, 12:47 PM
Gimble summons a celestial giant fire beetle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/giantFireBeetle.htm) next to the ant that attacked Gaston.

OOC
I know it only lasts for one round, but I'm sure it will do more damage than I. Such is the life of an illusionist.

Zazori
2010-05-18, 04:31 AM
Torlin has kills one more ant.
Thoros kills one too.
Gaston, with his powerfull slash, did not kill the last ant, but its close to death.

Zazori
2010-05-18, 04:44 AM
Ant attack on gaston :3
[roll0]
[roll1]

Leinad
2010-05-18, 04:52 AM
Thoros leaves the last ant to be dealt with by the others and their swords making a rush to Marlonian's side in order to patch him up the best he can.

[roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-05-18, 10:02 AM
Seeing Thoros helping Marlonian, Barral refocuses his attention on the last remaining foe and strikes with his morningstar.

OOC Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Zazori
2010-05-18, 12:57 PM
Taken that Barral got turn before the ant he kills it without anyone else taking harm.
--

The ants have died and Marlonian lies on the ground, his bleedings have stopped thanks to Thoros, but he is still in danger if you are attacked again.

Experience

Torlin
Experience from monsters: 450
Experience from roleplaying: 33
Experience gained in total: 483

Marlonian
Experience from roleplaying: 20
Experience gained in total: 470

Thoros
Experience from roleplaying: 34
Experience gained in total: 484

Barral
Experience from roleplaying: 34
Experience gained in total: 484

Gaston
Experience from roleplaying: 48
Experience gained in total: 498

Gimble
Experience from roleplaying: 32
Experience gained in total: 482

VinGoodman
2010-05-18, 01:17 PM
With the ants dispatched, Barral hurries to Marlonian's side and casts cure light wounds on him, hoping the healing will be in time and sufficient.

OOC CLW on Marlonian [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-05-18, 01:21 PM
Barral curses as he sees Marlonian remaining unconscious, and repeats his call for healing.

OOC CLW on Marlonian for a second time [roll0]

Devmaar
2010-05-18, 02:00 PM
Marlonian climbs unsteadily to his feet and says to Barral, Thank you for that, I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help to this point.

VinGoodman
2010-05-18, 02:15 PM
Barral gives Marlonian a slap on the back as he tries to put the poor man at ease. "Don't worry about it. We're in this together."

Kaulesh
2010-05-18, 09:38 PM
Gimble draws back the string of his crossbow, preparing it for quick use.

Seeing Marlonian rising to his feet, he calls over. "Nice to see that you're still in the realm of the living. It might be a good idea to stay back from the frontlines in the future."

VinGoodman
2010-05-18, 09:48 PM
Exhausted after the exertion, Barral looks up and attempts to see past the forest canopy above. "I have exhausted much of the favor Pelor bestowed upon me this day. I want to reach Kresea quickly, but it does me no good if I die before I get there. Let's avoid too many more confrontations today, until we have had a chance for rest this night and I can receive Pelor's blessings with the rising sun."

Devmaar
2010-05-19, 11:21 AM
Barral is right says Marlonian It would be reckless to continue with no sure way of repairing ourselves. Then to Gimble I did try and keep away from the front lines but those blasted ants came from behind

Lycan 01
2010-05-19, 12:18 PM
Ralix stabs his greatsword's blade into the ground, and leans on it lazily to recapture his breath. "Whooo... That could have gone a bit better. But its good to see you alive, comrade, and not a meal for an insectoid matriarch... Now then, since we've wrapped up this little spat, shall we move on?"

He then looks down and notices the trickle of blood running from his shin. "Hm. Just a flesh wound. Still, if anybody has the time or means to patch me up, it'd be appreciated..."

Tusalu
2010-05-19, 12:48 PM
Torlin, still seething with rage, raises his battleaxe in a threatening gesture towards a nearby tree. "Hah! You might use sorcery, and send your filthy monsters, but YOU CAN'T KILL US!" He chops it with the axe, before turning back to the group. "I think we should get out of this damned forest as fast as possible! We can't stop now, there'll just be more monsters or magic.". To Marlonian he adds "You'll just have to pull yourself together, and try to keep up."

VinGoodman
2010-05-19, 12:52 PM
"I'd be fine with that, but best you all be careful. Pelor's likely taking any that should fall from here on out." Barral tightens his grip on the morningstar and braces his mind for the deadliness of any more clashes that may come their way as he begins moving again through the forest. Kresea.

Devmaar
2010-05-19, 01:17 PM
Very well, but don't blame me if one you doesn't survive this day. Marlonian picks up his spear from where he dropped when he went down and prepares to move on.

Zazori
2010-05-21, 06:04 PM
I guess you're moving on :D

You move up to the point where the road turns, obviously you follow the road in the turn.
Right as you turn around you see, that the road heads on for something that looks like eternity.
Far away you can see a clearing in the forest.

I don't know if it's named a lighting d: Thanks to devmaar :D
An area in the forest with no tree's where you can see the sky.

Kaulesh
2010-05-21, 09:01 PM
Gimble gazes down what appears to be a tunnel of trees toward a bright spot that could be a clearing. "I don't like it. First we get teleported in here through some means. Then we run into those giant ant things. Are they even native to the area? Now, our wish has come true - a clearing to take a short rest in. Be on guard."

Lycan 01
2010-05-22, 12:12 AM
Sword still resting on his shoulder, Gaston leans from side to side, trying his still-injured leg. "Hmph..." he grunts, refocusing his weight to his good leg. "I say we carry on. As long as we're smart, keep our eyes open, and don't let our guard down, we should be okay. We just need to watch each other's backs. No one splits off from the group. If we get into another fight, keep an eye out for each other, with the wounded and less-resilient of us to the rear of the group, or center of the group if we're surrounded. Now then, lets press on..." the Fighter gestures with a jab of his sword's hilt.

Still at 8 HP to my knowledge. Any way I can fix that myself? :smallconfused:

VinGoodman
2010-05-22, 09:59 AM
With as quick a stride as the dwarf can manage, Barral nods curtly in agreement at Ralix as he continues the march.

Tusalu
2010-05-22, 10:08 AM
Torlin nods at Gimble's comment, "Yeah, the little guy's right. This forest is trying to kill us. We have to get out!"

Devmaar
2010-05-22, 12:01 PM
I don't like this either. This could all too easily be another trick. agrees Marlonian

Zazori
2010-05-22, 12:19 PM
You move on for hours..

By the time you reach the clearing it's evening..

The clearing is a complete circle, with soft grass.
In the middle of the clearing there is a cake. ( like a birthday cake, and yes I've just made it up cuz it's my birthday d: )

The cake smells delicious, actually it smells so good, that if you do not wish to eat it you have to make a Will save.. :D
( The cake have been cut into 5 piece of the same size )

Devmaar
2010-05-22, 12:35 PM
This is clearly a trap. We should leave.

Will Save:
[roll0]

Tusalu
2010-05-22, 01:17 PM
Torlin looks suspicious. "A... a cake?"

Will save: [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-05-22, 01:58 PM
Gimble looks at the cake. "Yes, it must be a trap."

Will: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-05-23, 09:05 PM
OOC Will Save [roll0]

Barral continues with his march, taking him right by the cake. He instinctively grabs a slice and downs it in mere bites.

"A trap, are you sure?" Barral looks at the cake, and wonders if he should take another.

Lycan 01
2010-05-23, 09:53 PM
Will Save: [roll0]

Gaston grins, and begins to stagger towards the cake, his leg still bleeded from the ant bite. "Aha! Just what I need! Magical cake! Surely it must serve some purpose being out here without explaination, and poison is just TOO obvious. So it must have healing properties, or at least taste good..."

Zazori
2010-05-29, 02:32 PM
DM

[roll0]

Seem like someone failed their saves... *Evil laughter*

Zazori
2010-05-29, 02:44 PM
Marlonian
Eats a whole piece of cake.. It tastes like strawberry.
Heals - [roll0]

Torlin
Eats a whole piece of cake.. It tastes like banana.
Heals - [roll1]

Gimble
Does not have to eat anything.

Barral
Eats a whole piece of cake..
Takes nonlethal damage - [roll2].. It tastes like rotten fish, and makes you nauseous.

Gaston
Eats a whole piece of cake.. It tastes like mint.
Heals - [roll3]

Tusalu
2010-05-29, 05:34 PM
"Well... it would be a good idea to get something to eat... " Torlin reaches out for a slice of cake. Holding it in his hand he studies it carefully. "I really... we should..." In a few bites he devours all of it. He adopts a distant expression of pleasure. "It's quite good... After a moment he's back to himself "Oh damn, shouldn't have eaten that! We already know nothing here can be trusted. What was I thinking? It's this forest, sorcery everywhere. It is trying to lure us. We need to get out!".

Lycan 01
2010-05-29, 05:44 PM
"Speak for yourself..." Gaston mutters through a mouthful of cake. "This stuff is delicious. Tastes minty fresh... And my leg doesn't hurt as much as did earlier, either!" he grins, his cheeks puffed out by the baked goods stuffed between them.

VinGoodman
2010-05-29, 08:26 PM
Barral appears ready for another slice, when he doubles over with his arms over his stomach. "Gaaahhhhh. What was that...." Unable to fight off the sensation, he falls to the floor rolling in profuse sweat and pain.

Devmaar
2010-05-31, 10:32 AM
Wow, I'm sorry, I think I lost control a moment there. Actually though, that was quite good. Very good indeed actually.

VinGoodman
2010-06-05, 03:49 PM
As Barral's hacks and coughs subside, he manages to get himself back up on his feet. As he steadies himself, he looks at his fellow travelers in disbelief that they could stomach what he endured. With a frown and clear annoyance exerting itself on his facial features, he snapped, "Come on. We best continue moving while there is still light above us."

Tusalu
2010-06-08, 04:09 AM
Torlin looks suspiciously at Barral. "That can't be good! We've been poisoned!" He begins to follow Barral onwards. "We really, REALLY need to get out of this damned place!"

Devmaar
2010-06-08, 05:29 AM
Barral may have been poisoned but I'm fine Marlonian says to Torlin And you and Gaston don't seem any worse off either. Still, I agree we need to find a way out, and soon.
He joins the two Dwarves marching onwards, keeping between them and a few steps behind.

Zazori
2010-06-08, 06:43 AM
Just to remind you guys, there is still 1 piece of cake left :D

Kaulesh
2010-06-08, 10:08 AM
The rest of the party (besides Barral) seemed to generally be okay after eating the cake. "What the heck, you only live once!" Gimble grabs the last piece and wolfs it down.

VinGoodman
2010-06-08, 11:37 AM
Barral shakes his head. "Why would you do that to yourselves..." He straightens his gears, disheveled after that bit of rolling on the ground, and continues on beyond the clearing and back into the woods.

Zazori
2010-06-08, 12:06 PM
Gimble

Takes nonlethal damage - [roll0].. It tastes like a rat that have been dead for the last 3 years..

Zazori
2010-06-11, 02:24 AM
Okay guys, you move on from the clearing..
As you make your way it's getting darker and darker since the trees are covering for the light..

Someone have to light a torch or use something else to get light.

DM

Barral
[roll0]

Gaston
[roll2]

Torlin
[roll3]

Gimble:
[roll4]

Marlonian
[roll5]

After about 1 hour and 30 minutes of walking, Barral and Torlin falls into a trap!

Make a Reflex save d:

It says rolls doesn't match because I deleted a roll that shouldn't be there, you can reroll if you wish.

Zazori
2010-06-11, 02:25 AM
DM

[roll0]

Tusalu
2010-06-11, 08:42 AM
Reflex Save:
[roll0]

With fast reflexes surprising even himself Torlin tries to leap backwards, as he feels something move under his feet.

Kaulesh
2010-06-11, 10:46 AM
Assuming you guys wait around for an hour while I regain my consciousness, I fill a lantern with oil and light it.

"Traps in the middle of the forest? Who would do such a thing? Unless... I bet there are kobolds lurking just out of sight."

I can only take a single move or standard action for another half-hour.

Actually, I'm back to normal. Wait one hour and I regain consciousness. Travel for at least an hour and my nonlethal damage is less than my hit point total.

VinGoodman
2010-06-11, 10:23 PM
OOC REF save: [roll0]

I think I failed the save. So, what happens to me (I have non-lethal damage already from that stupid cake)?

Zazori
2010-06-12, 02:07 AM
A net that was hidden in the ground flies up Torlin jumps out of the way, but Barral gets caught.

Barral is now in a net above ground, 15ft up in the air.
To see if you can reach him take your range + height if that doesn't give 15ft you cant reach him.

After a while you begin to hear drums far away..

Lycan 01
2010-06-12, 03:23 AM
"Somebody cut him down, quick," Gaston growls, drawing his greatsword. "I think we've got company on the way."

Devmaar
2010-06-12, 10:13 AM
Barral! Hold still. calls Marlonian. He digs through his pack for his scroll of Enlarge Person and casts it on Barral.

VinGoodman
2010-06-12, 10:43 AM
As the folks below attempt to free him from the outside, Barral reaches for his dagger, hoping he can find a way to free himself from within.

Tusalu
2010-06-13, 04:11 AM
"Do you think you can get down on your own?" Torlin shouts to Barral, while readying a throwing axe, in case he can't.

Zazori
2010-06-13, 04:51 AM
As Marlonian uses his scroll, you can hear the drums coming closer, much closer and moving closer very fast..

Barral grows in size and the net lowers down to just 11ft height..

Barral finds his dagger..

The dagger is one size larger

Tusalu
2010-06-13, 10:17 AM
"Bloody war drums!", Torlin puts his throwing axe away, and draws his waraxe, looking frantically around after signs of enemies.

Devmaar
2010-06-13, 10:18 AM
Having done what he can for Barral Marlonian readies his spear and prepares to face whatever's coming.

Kaulesh
2010-06-13, 10:43 AM
Gimble draws his crossbow and loads a bolt.

VinGoodman
2010-06-13, 02:41 PM
Barral puts all the force he can into the dagger as he attempts to slice through the net.

OOC What do I need to roll? One size larger means the dagger does 1d6 now instead of 1d4. I think I get +2 STR, so I have +2 damage. Hmm, 1d6+2...it doesn't sound too promising.

Lycan 01
2010-06-14, 04:33 AM
"Looks like we're gonna have a real fight on our hands..." Gaston growls, flourishing his greatsword from side to side to stretch out his muscles and prepare himself for the coming conflict. "But it shouldn't be too much of a problem for us. After all, no one fights like Gaston!" the warrior grins proudly, performing one last showy flourish before assuming a blocking stance with the greatsword held out in front of his body. However, his stance was still somewhat off-balance - his leg was still sore, and his boot was now clearly slick with blood. "Although, with my leg like this, I'm not sure I'll be able to show off my best fighting skills. Anybody got a way to help me out here before we run out of time?" he frowns.

Seriously, one of the Tanks is at 6 HP. Anybody else see a problem with that? :smalleek:

Zazori
2010-06-16, 02:49 PM
Barral

[roll0]
At this speed you will fall out in 2 more rounds.

As everyone readies to fight.
The drums stop moving closer, but they are really loud now..
They seem to come from everywhere, just 10ft out into the forest..

VinGoodman
2010-06-16, 11:07 PM
"Gah!" Barral grunts as he continues to saw away at the net. Sweat gathers at his brows and about his beard from his exertion, and his brows furrow as he realizes there's a real chance he may not make it down in time.

Tusalu
2010-06-17, 10:09 AM
Torlin shouts a fierce battle cry towards the unseen attackers, and waits for whatever might come, with axe and shield ready.

Devmaar
2010-06-17, 10:14 AM
Marlonian casts Mage Armour on himself and looks around nervously for attackers

Lycan 01
2010-06-17, 05:40 PM
Gaston plants his feet firmly, tightly grips his weapon, and prepares himself for action. "Hold, my comrades. Hold..." the Fighter growls. "Be prepared for anything..."

Total Defense for this round...

Zazori
2010-06-17, 11:41 PM
As you all stands ready and expects something to come charging out from the woods..
The drums stop..
Everything quiets down, and a deep silence comes, you can hear yourselves breathe and the sound of a dagger quickly cutting through rope..

further ahead you see that the road turns, a turn that wasn't there before..

VinGoodman
2010-06-17, 11:48 PM
Barral continues working at the net, vaguely aware of the silence that now surrounds them but oblivious of the change in scenery.

Tusalu
2010-06-19, 11:14 AM
"What? I don't like this at all. The forest.. it's like it's alive. And clearly it wants us to go down that road." Torlin has lowered his weapons, and now he looks around the group. He sighs angrily. "Damn. It seems we have no choice!"

Devmaar
2010-06-19, 11:54 AM
We should move as quickly as possible once Barral frees himself. My enchantment of him is temporary and it can only be of help in a fight.

VinGoodman
2010-06-19, 11:56 AM
"I'm getting there. Grr..." Barral continues his work, and ponders angrily about the likely culprits to have caused such inconvenience to him.

Zazori
2010-06-19, 01:01 PM
"I'm getting there. Grr..." Barral continues his work, and ponders angrily about the likely culprits to have caused such inconvenience to him.

You fall out, towards the ground..

Make a tumble check.

VinGoodman
2010-06-19, 02:10 PM
ooc Tumble?! Dwarves don't tumble...but we'll roll for it anyway :smallbiggrin:

Untrained Tumble check: [roll0]

"Almost...ther...AAAAHHHHHH..."

Barral falls...and lands on his feet? Surprised, he scratches his beard as he looks up at the net and then back down at the ground, wondering how he managed to land on his feet. "Pelor's hand be with me! This will be a good day!"

Lycan 01
2010-06-19, 08:35 PM
Gaston stays hunkered down behind his Greatsword. "Hold, fellows. Hold. Something is amiss here. Nobody move 'til we know what's going on..."

Total defense.

Tusalu
2010-06-22, 04:00 AM
Torlin sighs "We really ought to be going! The faster we're out of this terrible place the better!". He looks around to see if the others are inclined to follow him.

VinGoodman
2010-06-22, 04:47 AM
"Hmph! Let's move them." Still miffed at the trap, Barral urges the group to move on as well. He begins marching down the opened path.

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 10:07 AM
Gimble keeps his crossbow in hand, but will follow the others if they decide to continue walking.

Zazori
2010-06-22, 01:21 PM
*assuming that you are moving on*

The road turns and you find yourselves at a dead end, in front of you there is a little house, it seems empty.

Devmaar
2010-06-22, 06:09 PM
Marlonian casts Detect Magic

VinGoodman
2010-06-22, 06:58 PM
ooc What time of the day is it?
Barrel marches up to the house and takes a quick look around the outside to see if it looks abandoned.

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 11:36 PM
Speaking under his breath, Gimble examines the surroundings. "There must be a powerful mage or group of mages here to do something so intricate. Be careful, Barral. Don't get caught in another trap."

Gimble cautiously approaches a window, if there is one, and peers inside.

Lycan 01
2010-06-23, 08:41 PM
"You guys stay here, and try to stay out of sight. I'm going to go check to see if anyone's home, and pose as a lost traveller. If things get ugly, stick together and watch each other's backs..." Gaston instructs as he sheathes his Greatsword and approaches the front door.

*Knock knock knock.*

"Hello? Anybody home?" Gaston asks in a loud but calm tone.

Lets see if I can get some results. :smallamused:

Tusalu
2010-06-24, 02:09 AM
"With all the strange things we've seen in this forest, I don't think there is something good in that house", Torlin has drawn his axe, and is ready for whatever might happen.

VinGoodman
2010-06-24, 04:33 AM
Barral reacts likewise and has his morningstar at the ready.

Zazori
2010-06-24, 08:31 AM
As Marlonian casts Detect magic, he falls unconscious.

[roll0] rounds.

The house seems abandoned, when Barral looks around.
Gimble tries to look inside through a window, but they are too dark and blurred so he can't see anything, except there is no light inside the house.

Gaston knocks on the door, and speaks his words but nothing happens.

Everyone, except Marlonian.

Make a spot check.

ooc

It's about nighttime.

Kaulesh
2010-06-24, 09:06 AM
"Not good... Not good..."

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-06-24, 05:30 PM
"Well, that's different..." Gaston muses.

VinGoodman
2010-06-24, 09:21 PM
OOC Spot [roll0]

As he continues searching about, he notices Marlonian attempt a casting of some sort and falling from the effort. "Wha..." Barral heads over to Marlonian to see what ails him, doing his best to keep his wits about him as he moves. "I don't like this one bit..." This has truly not been a good day for Barral.

Tusalu
2010-06-25, 07:59 AM
Spot check: [roll0]

Zazori
2010-06-27, 02:29 PM
As barral reaches Marlonian and tries to see what happened, Marlonian wakes up..

Gaston notices that the road that they came from is slowly filled with trees, they grow from nothing to big trees in a matter of seconds, the road is already a dead end..

Devmaar
2010-06-27, 04:57 PM
"Wha, what happened? (looking back) Never thought I'd say this but I really hope I'm hallucinating

VinGoodman
2010-06-28, 09:11 PM
As annoyed as he was by Marlonian wasting his time fainting as he did, Barrow nonetheless helps Marlonian to his feet. "What happened?" He gives Marlonian the briefest of time to explain his fainting before returning his attention to the house.

Kaulesh
2010-06-28, 09:20 PM
Gimble backs away from the black window as if he thinks something will spring out at him and speaks over his shoulder. "Perhaps we should move on? Before... something worse happens?"

Devmaar
2010-06-29, 07:13 AM
I was looking for magical auras and, well, I don't know exactly what happened but it can't be good.

Tusalu
2010-06-29, 06:44 PM
Torlin charges the newly appeared trees with his waraxe. "Gaaarhh!!"

Power Attack: 1

VinGoodman
2010-06-30, 11:18 PM
Barral looks at Torlin with sympathetic understanding in his eyes. That is one angry dwarf...

He looks about to see if there are any other changes in the environment around him, and then strolls in the opposite direction of Torlin, towards the door. As he approaches, he pulls out his morningstar, and contemplates opening the door with it.

Lycan 01
2010-06-30, 11:50 PM
Gaston sighs and readies his greatsword. It seems things are going to get out of hand soon, one way or another...

Total Defense

No real idea what to do here... :smallsigh:

Kaulesh
2010-06-30, 11:55 PM
Gimble checks his crossbow out of habit to ensure that it's loaded, quite nervous at current events.

Tusalu
2010-07-01, 02:49 AM
Torlin furiously hacks away at a tree for some time. Then he begins to calm down a bit, and returns to the group, stil out of breath from his fight with the sinister phantom tree.
"I... we should... let's look in that house!" He scowls viciously at the trees, while putting his axe back in his belt.

Zazori
2010-07-01, 05:18 AM
At the moment you are standing with no chance of moving on or moving back, without going into the forest ( off road ).

The trees that Torlin chopped down in his rage slowly reasembles themselves, after a while the trees stand tall again.

As you move into the house you see that it looks alot like something that have been abandoned for years.
From the outside the house seems small, with about 3 rooms at max, but you quickly discover that the room holds much more than just 3 rooms.
You are standing in a hall way, with the door behind you leading out into the forest again and door after door on each wall down the hall.

A little sign is hanging on the wall.

"You who enters the House of Erutrot,
will find yourselves a treasure that is,
you shall never work again if you want this treasure, a
treasure so big some call it a burden,
who will get the treasure, maybe you?
Now decide you shall,
if you want the treasure or not,
if you do not want the treasure you have to evade
entering this house."

Devmaar
2010-07-01, 08:08 PM
Well I don't see any way to 'evade' the house so we may as well get some treasure grins Marlonian

VinGoodman
2010-07-02, 10:22 AM
"Let's move on then." Barral said gruffly, frustration dripping from every word. He keeps the morningstar at the ready, and is clearly eager to swing it at something. Anything. "To the left?" Barral points to the door on the left wall as he confirms with the group.

Lycan 01
2010-07-06, 07:50 PM
"Riiiiight..." Gaston scratches his head, resting his blade over his right shoulder. "I have no idea what to do here. Ummmm..."

The fighter then approaches the nearest door on the right, studies it for a second... and then tries to kick it in. "No one door breaches like Gaston!" he exclaims as his boot strikes the wooden structure.

Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to what we need to do here. :smallconfused:

So, can't hurt to try something random! :smallbiggrin:

STR test: [roll0] +3, I think...

Kaulesh
2010-07-06, 08:15 PM
Gimble nervously fiddles with his crossbow. "It would probably be best if we stick together."

Zazori
2010-07-06, 08:33 PM
At first Gaston thinks that he kicked his foot right through the door, but after a second or two he realizes that the door absorbed his foot and that he is now stuck..

VinGoodman
2010-07-06, 10:23 PM
Barral hears the noise and turns in a huff as he snaps, "I said, to the left!" However, his frown is quickly turned jolly as he lets out a riproaring laugh at the comical sight of Gaston and the door.

"Hey, help me with this." He calls to the others as he gets a grip on Gaston and pulls.

ooc Classic! Barral pulls:

STR check [roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-07-06, 10:27 PM
Gaston wobbles from side to side, trying to keep his balance on one leg. "Well, this is different..." he mutters, leaning to and fro. As he manages to find a good stance, he grins and exclaims: "No one balances like Gaston!"

Kaulesh
2010-07-06, 11:18 PM
"I'm not sure I can do much, but I'll help." Gimble approaches and tries to aid Barral in yanking Gaston out of the door.

[roll0]
If the result is >= 10, Barral gets a +2 bonus.

Oh, wow. The frailest PC gets a pretty good roll on a strength check.

Zazori
2010-07-08, 03:31 AM
You slowly but surely get him pulled out of the door..
You notice that the door that you came from is missing and that the sign have changed.

---

You who enters the House of Erutrot,
Now decide you shall,
entering this house.

What spells the letters Erutrot if you tweak and read?
What reads the sign if you're not to read the first you see?

---

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 10:13 AM
"Riddles... Truly devious... The first one is easy. Erutrot is torture backwards.

If you're not to read the first you see? Perhaps we simply leave off the first word... Who enters the house of torture?" Gimble shakes his head, not believing he's going to do something so strange. "Bear with me. I've got an idea.

I, Gimble Garrick, enter this house of torture!" He then waits to see if his idea was correct.

Zazori
2010-07-08, 11:31 AM
Gimble Garrick... A deep dark voice says..
After a few seconds it continues You will find a door, the door you will recognize by the mark of yours, the mark may not be true to the eye, the voice stop talking, the sign have changed.

---

You who enters the House of Erutrot,
Now decide you shall,
entering this house.

What spells the letters Erutrot if you tweak and read?
What reads the sign if you're not to read the first you see?

Kiss and blood, hunger and death, you who find yourself with this shall never leave from here, sleep and darkness, poison and hands.
The key to your life, lies beyond the Erutrot.

---

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 01:56 PM
Gimble examines the doors in the hallway, checking to see if any of them have markings that the others do not.

Zazori
2010-07-08, 02:13 PM
Nothing..

but doors d:

Lycan 01
2010-07-08, 07:06 PM
"No one gets eaten by doors like Gaston!" the fighter exclaims with a lop-sided grin, still tugging on his leg to wrench it free. "No but seriously, somebody help me here..."

Strength check? :smalleek:

[roll0] +3, I think?

Well, Gaston's dead... :smalltongue:

VinGoodman
2010-07-08, 08:09 PM
ooc for Gaston
You slowly but surely get him pulled out of the door.

As Gaston continues his struggles, Barral taps him on the shoulder and directs his attention to his feet...he's free!

With a hrmph, Barral returns his attention to Gimble, who seems to be doing something a bit more useful at the moment.

Lycan 01
2010-07-08, 08:19 PM
Gaston coughs, and slicks back his hair. "Well... I sure showed that door who was boss."

I misread it as saying I was being pulled further into the door...

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 08:24 PM
"Perhaps the door isn't locked?"

Assuming there is a door knob, Gimble tries to open the door.

Zazori
2010-07-08, 10:11 PM
The door where Gaston was stuck in? d:

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 10:15 PM
Correct. You only live once.

VinGoodman
2010-07-08, 10:18 PM
Barral watches Gimble, confusion written all over his face. He stares at the door Gimble tries, and wonders if it would help if he adds his own morningstar to the effort.

Zazori
2010-07-08, 10:43 PM
The door opens into a new hallway, it very very long but there is only one door and thats down at the very end.

VinGoodman
2010-07-08, 10:51 PM
"That's all it took?" Barral looks at Gimble, and then at Gaston. Truth be told, he had planned on using Gaston's method of door opening, albeit much more smartly, like with a morningstar, rather than with a foot. There seems to be a lesson to be learned here, but it fails to register in Barral's mind. "Let's go." With the morningstar in hand, Barral heads down the corridor.

Kaulesh
2010-07-08, 10:58 PM
Gimble taps a finger to his temple. "That's what they pay me for," he says with a grin, glad that his ideas so far turned out much less stupid than they seemed.

Lycan 01
2010-07-08, 11:24 PM
"Guess I'll just let you guys handle it for the time being," Gaston shrugs, leaning against the hallway wall. "Lemme know if you need something dead."

Zazori
2010-07-09, 08:26 AM
Everyone

I'd like you to make a reflex save (:
Tell me if I can make your reflex saves to make the game progress faster.

Torlin
Reflex: [roll0]

VinGoodman
2010-07-09, 09:02 AM
ooc You can roll 'em for me whenever you like :smallbiggrin:

REF [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-07-09, 11:37 AM
You can roll mine too, if you wish.

[roll0]

Lycan 01
2010-07-09, 05:48 PM
Reflex save: [roll0]

Bye Gaston... :smalleek:

Zazori
2010-07-09, 08:40 PM
As you move down the hall way, arrows shoot from the walls..

Gaston

Gimble
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Barral
Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Kaulesh
2010-07-09, 09:12 PM
Gimble falls noiselessly to the ground, pincushioned with arrows.

Lycan 01
2010-07-09, 09:22 PM
"Hurk!" Gaston grunts, staggering forward as an arrow shoots directly into his back from the wall he'd been leaning against. "I think that's my kidney! Ah! Gimble's down!" he gasps, staggering towards his fallen comrade as he coughs up a mouthful of blood.

Still got 1 HP, baby. :smallcool:

VinGoodman
2010-07-10, 02:56 AM
ooc Is that attack against our AC or against our REF save?

Zazori
2010-07-10, 06:08 AM
VinGoodman

Ac (;

VinGoodman
2010-07-11, 12:00 PM
The arrows clang harmlessly off Barral's armor. He quickly looks about to check on his comrades. "Gimble!" he cries out, and helps Gaston with Gimble's body. "Let's get back out the door. We need to rest first before proceeding. This is too dangerous, and I am lacking in healing powers right now!"

Once they make it out the door, Barral patches up Gimble with a touch of divine healing. Then he sits on the floor and grunts as he thinks on how badly this day has gone for him.

ooc Cure minor wounds for 1 HP on Gimble, stabilizing him in the process. I can do that 2 more times before I'm out. We can use them up (2 more HP for anyone who wants them) and rest here for me to regain the spells. Hope that will work.

Kaulesh
2010-07-11, 12:16 PM
Gimble slowly regains consciousness. Seeing the arrows lying around him and his new scars, it all comes back to him. He begins speaking, weakly. "Thanks. I didn't think I would survive." He shakes his head. "I'm not made for this... I suppose that's what I get for showing off."

ooc:

I'm disabled now - 0 HP exactly. I think that means I can wake up.

VinGoodman
2010-07-19, 12:05 PM
"We definitely need to rest. Let's us recover, and see what we've gotten ourselves into afterwards." Barral calls forth a bit of divine energy for Gimble, and settles down in the first room to rest.

ooc Back from traveling now. Cure minor wounds x2 (2 HP total) for Gimble, and then sleep.

Zazori
2010-07-19, 12:55 PM
Ooc

Anyone taking guard turns or do you all sleep at once?

VinGoodman
2010-07-19, 12:59 PM
Barral takes first watch, pointing out that he can then rest later into the next day fo recover spells if necessary if the first watch proves too taxing for rest.

Devmaar
2010-07-20, 04:29 AM
Marlonian offers to take the last watch.

OOC
This is assuming that would still give him his 8 hours, also this would include the time Barral and Gimble need to prepare their spells as he can do his during his watch.

Kaulesh
2010-07-20, 11:31 AM
Gimble takes second, if that still allows him to prepare spells (barring strenuous activity such as fighting, of course).

Lycan 01
2010-07-20, 02:51 PM
"I could take watch at some point, if need be," Gaston offers, trying to hide the pain of his injuries. A nap would be pretty good right about now, though...

Does resting recover HP? :smallconfused:

VinGoodman
2010-07-20, 03:04 PM
ooc A little bit (like 1 hp). Barral will have new healing spells to work with to heal everyone, too.