PDA

View Full Version : A New Trait

UndeadCleric
2010-04-07, 12:53 PM
What do you think about this trait:
You get DR A/- where 2A is the amount of weakness you have to manufactured weapons.

Yora
2010-04-07, 12:55 PM
Depends:

Under which conditions can you get that trait?
What is weakness to manufactured weapons?

UndeadCleric
2010-04-07, 01:03 PM
Depends:

Under which conditions can you get that trait?
What is weakness to manufactured weapons?

Weakness means you take that much damage when you are hit with a manufactured weapon. You would probably need to have fought a lot of animals/ be a recluse from society to get this trait.

Yora
2010-04-07, 01:08 PM
How much damage you take from a weapon depends on the attackers damage roll. And I know of no creature that takes additional damage if it is attacked by manufactured weapons.

Do you mean that a creature with this trait takes only half damage when attacked with manufactures weapons, but full damage when attacked with natural weapons?
That probably would work, but usually Damage Reduction does not work that way. You could probably give it to a creature, but I'd stick with normal DR rules.

UndeadCleric
2010-04-07, 01:29 PM
How much damage you take from a weapon depends on the attackers damage roll. And I know of no creature that takes additional damage if it is attacked by manufactured weapons.

Do you mean that a creature with this trait takes only half damage when attacked with manufactures weapons, but full damage when attacked with natural weapons?
That probably would work, but usually Damage Reduction does not work that way. You could probably give it to a creature, but I'd stick with normal DR rules.

No. I mean that if you got hit by a natural weapon the damage would be reduced by _ and if you got hit by a manufactured weapon the damage would have _ added to it, providing both _'s are the same.

olelia
2010-04-07, 05:29 PM
So..hypothetically...if you somehow had DR 5/Natural you would have DR 10/manufactured?

Xan_Kriegor
2010-04-07, 07:51 PM
(I'll use 'Man' to abbreviate 'manufactured' and 'Nman' to abbreviate 'non-manufactured.')

I think what UndeadCleric means by weakness is a sort of negative DR, if you will. If Steve the Hermit has this trait, and he has DR 2/Nman, then he also has DR -4/Man. This will reduce damage from non-manufactured weapons (i.e. panther claws) by 2, but increase damage from manufactured weapons by 4 (i.e. marauding adventurers with swords). At least that's how I understand it.

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-07, 09:25 PM
So, basically like the metal allergy flaw combined with a feat that grants DR.