PDA

View Full Version : Wand Levels

Loki Eremes
2010-04-07, 03:21 PM
Craft Wands has a spell lvl limit of 4

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#craftWand

Is there a way to craft a 5th lvl spell wand?

Volthawk
2010-04-07, 03:30 PM
Septers, in Lost Empires of Faerun. They do need a seperate feat, but are essentially wands that store higher level spells, although high level spells drain more charges.

JasonP
2010-04-07, 03:35 PM
Minor Schema from Magic of Eberron on page 122. Similar to wands but a slightly higher UMD check and can be up to 6th level spells.

Yucca
2010-04-07, 03:36 PM
Staffs or Runestaffs are supposed to be the thing to use for higher level spells.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-07, 03:46 PM
The Magic Item Creation rules guidelines (sorry Jack_Simth) on the SRD explain how to make custom items with 50 charges. Make it slotless (optional but expensive), call it a Wand and be done with it.

arguskos
2010-04-07, 03:48 PM
Septers, in Lost Empires of Faerun. They do need a seperate feat, but are essentially wands that store higher level spells, although high level spells drain more charges.
Dude, someone actually beat me to Scepters. Wow, that's a first. But yeah, you want Scepters.

ericgrau
2010-04-07, 04:52 PM
The Magic Item Creation rules guidelines (sorry Jack_Simth) on the SRD explain how to make custom items with 50 charges. Make it slotless (optional but expensive), call it a Wand and be done with it.

So they cost the same as a staff but don't let you apply your own caster level and save DC? Seems like a bad deal. OTOH if you have quick draw it could save a little money since staffs with more than 1 spell cost more. But only on certain spells without a save nor benefits from a high caster level.

Loki Eremes
2010-04-07, 10:26 PM

Where are those???

arguskos
2010-04-07, 10:43 PM
Where are those???
The quote tells you? Lost Empires of Faerun.

Irreverent Fool
2010-04-07, 10:54 PM

I have to admit, I was confused for a few seconds about what exactly a 'septer' was as well. :smallbiggrin:

obnoxious
sig

Loki Eremes
2010-04-08, 04:26 AM

i meant....which page..... :smallannoyed:

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-08, 04:28 AM
i meant....which page..... :smallannoyed:

153, though if you have the book couldn't you have just looked them up?
And if you don't, why do you need the page number? :smallconfused:

Loki Eremes
2010-04-08, 04:33 AM
153, though if you have the book couldn't you have just looked them up?
And if you don't, why do you need the page number? :smallconfused:

why so much questions?

i dont have the book, a friend of mine has it,
i said, "search for" and he said "your mom"

so if i dont tell him exactly where is it. he wont tell me xD

Happy? :smallredface:

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-08, 04:37 AM
why so much questions?

i dont have the book, a friend of mine has it,
i said, "search for" and he said "your mom"

so if i dont tell him exactly where is it. he wont tell me xD

Happy? :smallredface:

Fair enough. I keep forgetting people have this problem, because I have my totally legitimately purchased "bookshelf" :smallwink:

Loki Eremes
2010-04-08, 04:41 AM
Fair enough. I keep forgetting people have this problem, because I have my totally legitimately purchased "bookshelf" :smallwink:

who did you kill? xDDDD
well think this thread is over. Thanks folks