PDA

View Full Version : Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XIII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

dextercorvia
2010-06-25, 10:13 PM
Q 535

I a cleric has the feats Improved Turning and Heighten Turning, would he be able to add to his Turning Check a number up to his usual Cleric level, or effective Cleric Level from Improved Turning?

Q 536

Can Heighten Turning be used in conjunction with a Turn Check for Divine Spell Power?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-25, 11:08 PM
A 535

Improved Turning boosts your turn/rebuke check. It has nothing to do with your actual Cleric level or the number of times you may make those checks daily, so you'll be limited to your actual Cleric level for Heighten Turning.

A 536 Yes.

Divine Spell Power uses a turning check, and Heighten Turning modifies that turning check.

dextercorvia
2010-06-25, 11:11 PM
C 535 That's not quite what I asked. Heighten Turning allows a Cleric to add a number (up to his Cleric level) to his Turn Check, and subtract the same number from his Turning Damage roll. Imp. Turning lets him treat his Cleric level as 1 higher when making the Turn rolls. So can he reduce his turn damage by his usual Cleric level +1 and boost his Turn check by the same amount?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-25, 11:24 PM
Imp. Turning lets him treat his Cleric level as 1 higher when making the Turn rolls.
No, that's not quite right. Firstly, turn rolls are based on your Charisma and your Cleric level isn't a factor there.
Benefit: You turn or rebuke creatures as if you were one level higher than you are in the class that grants you the ability. Secondly, Improved Turning doesn't actually change your Cleric level; it just sometimes increments you to the next level in the table of the most powerful undead affected.
Benefit: When you turn or rebuke undead, you may choose a number no higher than your cleric level: Only your actual Cleric level is referenced by Heighten Turning.

Hadessniper
2010-06-26, 11:59 AM
Q357
Does any book contain specific stats for a half-drow, or would they just be the same as a half elf?

Sliver
2010-06-26, 12:03 PM
A357
The best I know of is the lesser drow (PGF p191)

Curmudgeon
2010-06-26, 12:04 PM
A 357

There are two books that contain the answer. The first part is in Races of Faerûn on pages 62-63. The second part is in Drow of the Underdark on page 220, which adds an erratum: half-drow, like half-elves, have low-light vision rather than darkvision.

Edit [correction]: Lesser drow and half-drow are different races with different characteristics. Lesser drow do not have human blood, but half-drow qualify for the Human Heritage feat (Races of Destiny).

Stompy
2010-06-26, 05:25 PM
Q 358

Can I wear two (or more) suits of armor at one time? (I know that armor bonuses do not stack, but I would like one for AC and one for fortification.)

See also, how many shields can I wear at one time? Does that number go up if I get more arms? :smallbiggrin:

PId6
2010-06-26, 05:30 PM
A 358

You may wear as many suits of armor as you like, as long as you only wear one magical suit of armor. Only one magic item can be worn in each slot (in this case body), but you can wear as many nonmagical items as you can carry. However, the armor AC bonuses do not stack for multiple armors, while the armor check penalties do.

You may carry a single shield in each arm, regardless of whether it's magical or not. Likewise however, the shield AC bonuses do not stack, while the armor check penalties do.

Wonton
2010-06-26, 07:09 PM
Q 359

When you add half your level to something, does the general rule for rounding down apply? Meaning a first level character would add 0?

PId6
2010-06-26, 07:14 PM
A 359

In general, if you wind up with a fraction, round down, even if the fraction is one-half or larger.
Source (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#roundingFractions)

Always round down unless something specifies otherwise. That Knight can use it 3 times per day.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-26, 09:10 PM
A 358 additional info

If you're looking to separate Fortification from armor, you likely want a Gemstone of Fortification (Draconomicon, page 83). If you're not a true dragon you'll also need to get a spellcaster to supply a Limited Wish spell to affix the Gemstone in your body. You don't need armor to get Fortification any more than you need Fortification to get an armor bonus. But if you did want to separate non-AC magical armor enhancements from armor bonuses you could wear armor with Bracers of Armor. The necessary minimum +1 armor bonus on your Bracers wouldn't stack with actual armor, but other bonuses would (up to a total +13 enhancement cost). See the rules in Arms and Equipment Guide on page 130.

Critical
2010-06-27, 04:43 PM
Q 360
Can a spellcaster create a mirror via Silent Image and see the reflection in it?

PId6
2010-06-27, 04:48 PM
A 360

No, a figment cannot create a real object. The spellcaster can purposefully make the image of the mirror look like it has a reflection on it, but he has to know what the reflection would be.

Koury
2010-06-27, 10:54 PM
Q361
Does Lay On Hands provoke an AoO when used for healing an ally? It doesn't when used to attack undead, but it says nothing about when healing an ally.

PId6
2010-06-27, 10:59 PM
A 361

No. Since it's a Supernatural ability, if it doesn't specifically say that it provokes AoOs, then it does not.

Noodles2375
2010-06-28, 12:22 AM
Q362

If a druid has cast an entangle spell on an area, then casts a 2nd entangle spell on the same area, do the spells stack? That is, will any unentangled creatures have to face 2 reflex saves each round to avoid being entangled? Moreover, does it mean that movement through the area is halved twice?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-28, 02:39 AM
A 362 No, and no.

The entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled) condition has specific, defined effects. Additionally, the basic stacking (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#stacking) rule prohibits two castings of the same spell from doing anything other than overlapping.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-28, 02:33 PM
Q363

If a Healer (Miniatures Handbook) takes Brews a Potion of Cure Light Wounds, does their Healing Hands ((Ex), gained Lvl 1, +Cha to Healing Spells) ability affect the healing granted by the Potion?

Edit: Q364

Can you Take 10/20 on a Perform Check?

dextercorvia
2010-06-28, 03:58 PM
A 364 You may take 10 on any check that doesn't specify otherwise so long as you aren't threatened or distracted.

Taking 10

When your character is not being threatened or distracted, you may choose to take 10. Instead of rolling 1d20 for the skill check, calculate your result as if you had rolled a 10. For many routine tasks, taking 10 makes them automatically successful. Distractions or threats (such as combat) make it impossible for a character to take 10. In most cases, taking 10 is purely a safety measure —you know (or expect) that an average roll will succeed but fear that a poor roll might fail, so you elect to settle for the average roll (a 10). Taking 10 is especially useful in situations where a particularly high roll wouldn’t help.

You may not take 20 on any skill check that has a penalty for failure. (Unless you are willing to take the consequences for such failure.)

Taking 20

When you have plenty of time (generally 2 minutes for a skill that can normally be checked in 1 round, one full-round action, or one standard action), you are faced with no threats or distractions, and the skill being attempted carries no penalties for failure, you can take 20. In other words, eventually you will get a 20 on 1d20 if you roll enough times. Instead of rolling 1d20 for the skill check, just calculate your result as if you had rolled a 20.

Taking 20 means you are trying until you get it right, and it assumes that you fail many times before succeeding. Taking 20 takes twenty times as long as making a single check would take.

Since taking 20 assumes that the character will fail many times before succeeding, if you did attempt to take 20 on a skill that carries penalties for failure, your character would automatically incur those penalties before he or she could complete the task. Common “take 20” skills include Escape Artist, Open Lock, and Search.

It would depend on the use of the Perform check.

Rasman
2010-06-28, 04:54 PM
Q365 Call me crazy, but I seem to recall in the Tome of Battle that every 2 Fighter levels stack with Warblade levels in order to determine maneauvers and stances known, anyone know exactly where it states that or if I'm slowly losing my mind?

Scratch that, instead, searching "Figher" in a PDF makes you feel dumb, if I had 6 levels of fighter, and one level of Warblade, that means I qualify for 5 Maneauvers Known, 4 Maneauvers Readied and 2 Stances known?

ericgrau
2010-06-28, 05:00 PM
A364
Taking a 20 is roughly the same as rolling 20 times and a perform check is typically rolled once per performance. Unless your action is something like "I spend the month doing performances until I get noticed", usually no you can't take a 20. When in doubt on taking 20, think of what would happen if you rolled over and over again.

PId6
2010-06-28, 05:06 PM
A 365

You may be confusing two different rules. Your initiator level is equal to your martial adept level (in this case Warblade) + 1/2 your levels in other classes. This is true of all three ToB classes, and since you pick maneuvers/stances based on your initiator level, having levels in Fighter (or any other class) can allow you to gain higher level maneuvers. However, the number of maneuvers/stances known are based solely on your actual Warblade level; initiator level only determines what maneuvers you're allowed to pick.

The other rule is Warblade-specific, which is their Weapon Aptitude ability. This allows Warblades to pick Fighter-only feats using their Warblade level - 2 to determine Fighter level, and this stacks with actual Fighter levels. This ability only affects the selection of Fighter-only feats (like Weapon Specialization), and has nothing to do with maneuvers/stances.

To the edit:

A Fighter 6/Warblade 1 still only has 3 maneuvers known, 3 readied, and 1 stance, since the number of maneuvers/stances are based on Warblade level only. However, his initiator level is equal to 4 (1/2 * 6 + 1 = 4), so he may select 2nd level maneuvers. This does not require the Fighter class; any other class can substitute.

KillianHawkeye
2010-06-28, 05:13 PM
A 365 additional

See the information about Initiator Level and Multiclass Characters on page 39 for the rule about adding half your levels in other classes to your IL.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-28, 08:13 PM
A 363 No.
Healing Hands (Ex): Whenever a healer casts a spell that cures hit point damage, she adds her Charisma modifier to the amount of damage healed.
The drinker of a potion is both the effective target and the caster of the effect (though the potion indicates the caster level, the drinker still controls the effect). Healing Hands requires the Healer to cast a spell. A person imbibing a potion is the effective caster of the contained spell, so no benefit of Healing Hands can be transmitted via a potion.

Raptor2213
2010-06-28, 08:59 PM
Q366
Aside from Insectile and Psionics, are there any LA 0-2 templates or classes that get Tremorsense, Blindsight, or other ways to see without the use of eyes?

Addendum: Templates are preferable. Class features and spells should be lower level and be sustainable for a large portion of the day (4-hours+)

Douglas
2010-06-28, 09:02 PM
A366

Clerics and Druids get a spell named Blindsight that grants the ability of the same name for a while. There are a number of other spells that grant similar abilities.

PId6
2010-06-28, 09:06 PM
A 366 Additional Info

Anthropomorphic Bat (SS) deserves a mention as an LA +0 race with Blindsense 20 ft. There's also this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#blindsight5FtRadius) feat.

See List of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff) for more.

Ajadea
2010-06-28, 09:50 PM
Q367: If I have a duskblade who can cast in medium armor without penalty, could she cast in mithral full plate without any arcane spell failure chance?

PId6
2010-06-28, 09:54 PM
A 367

Yes. Since Mithril Full Plate is treated as medium armor, you would indeed ignore its ASF while wearing it.

BobVosh
2010-06-29, 06:50 AM
Q368
As a monk in Pathfinder, can I use Form of the Dragon III (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/formOfTheDragon.html#form-of-the-dragon-iii)'s natural attacks as secondaries? Basically full attack(flurry of blows) with my unarmed strike, then declare all the natural attacks of FOTDIII as my secondary natural attacks.

Re: To below me

Opps, I thought PF went in here too since it was so similar. My bad.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-29, 07:50 AM
Re: Q 368

This thread is specific to D&D 3.5. There's a thread you can use for Pathfinder queries here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123432).

guardinal
2010-06-29, 11:34 AM
Q369:
Can a creature using the project image spell (or more specifically, a marilith using her project image spell-like ability) use the image as the origin for other spell-like abilities?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-29, 11:46 AM
A 369 No.
If you desire, any spell you cast whose range is touch or greater can originate from the projected image instead of from you. The projected image can’t cast any spells on itself except for illusion spells. The spells affect other targets normally, despite originating from the projected image. This effect of Project Image is specifically for spells, and not spell-like abilities.

Jastermereel
2010-06-29, 08:09 PM
Q 370

If a Diopsid player wields two heavy crossbows, what, if any, penalties apply? What about if they're light crossbows?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-29, 09:00 PM
A 370

The normal penalties for fighting with two weapons are -6 (main set of hands) and -10 (off set of hands). This requires each weapon to be carried by both a primary and secondary arm. If the Diopsid has the Multiweapon Fighting feat the penalties are reduced to -4 for each set of hands.

Missile weapons, regardless of names, are not in the melee weapon categories of {light, one-handed, two-handed}, and thus no further reduction in penalties attend from using lighter versions of such weapons.

SethFahad
2010-06-30, 02:03 AM
Q 371

Can I use metamagic feats when creating scrolls, potions, or other magic items, in order to enhance the spell thats been used in the creation process?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 03:35 AM
A 371 Yes.

Do note that the metamagic-boosted spell levels must still fit within the limits for potions (3rd level maximum) and wands (4th level maximum), and that use of metamagic cost reducers do not reduce the market value (and thus crafting costs in gp and XP) of the created items.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-30, 04:43 AM
Q371b

Based on the crafting of Metamagicked items being possible, can you Craft a Quickened Item eg. a Wand of Quickened Prestidigitation, or a Scroll of Quickened Fireball? Or does the Standard Action to activate items still stand?

Runestar
2010-06-30, 05:34 AM
Q371b

Based on the crafting of Metamagicked items being possible, can you Craft a Quickened Item eg. a Wand of Quickened Prestidigitation, or a Scroll of Quickened Fireball? Or does the Standard Action to activate items still stand?

Rules compendium clarifies that the activation time of an item is equal to the casting time of the spell involved.

So if you somehow accessed say, a scroll of quickened magic missile, yes, using it would be a swift action. Same for a wand of say, wraithstrike or a quickened cantrip. :smallsmile:

PanNarrans
2010-06-30, 03:48 PM
Q 372

When a portable hole is placed inside a bag of holding, a gate to the astral plane is opened and creatures within 10ft are drawn to that plane. Does a Dimensional Lock or Dimensional Anchor prevent a creature from being sucked in?

Critical
2010-06-30, 03:54 PM
Q 373

Lets say, there's a room, and a torch is a single light source in that room. What if a caster places an illusion to cover the flame - would the room be pitch black?

Sc00by
2010-06-30, 03:57 PM
Q 374
If I give a War Troll (12 RHD) a level of Crusader do his RHD count towards his initiator level as they would if they were, say, Fighter levels?

I'm suspecting that they don't as I can't find any evidence that they do, but I thought I'd ask.

[edit to change question number]

LordShotGun
2010-06-30, 04:17 PM
Q375

Is there a simple eberon history in cronological form? While maybe not exactly a timeline (although that would be nice) some basic general history that most characters would know.

I do not own the basic eberon book so any websources would be nice.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 04:45 PM
A 373 No.

Based on the Invisibility illusion spell, it's not possible to eliminate any light source with an illusion.
Light, however, never becomes invisible, although a source of light can become so (thus, the effect is that of a light with no visible source).

Runestar
2010-06-30, 04:50 PM
Q 374
If I give a War Troll (12 RHD) a level of Crusader do his RHD count towards his initiator level as they would if they were, say, Fighter levels?

I'm suspecting that they don't as I can't find any evidence that they do, but I thought I'd ask.

[edit to change question number]

ToB references character lv contributing towards half IL, which is defined as racial HD+non-martial adept class lvs. I agree the rules are somewhat silent in this area, but I would allow racial HD to count towards the crusader's IL.

However, in the essence of evil adventure module (a free dungeon article from the wotc website), one of the npcs is a ken-sun (MM5) swordsage which has selected entirely low lv maneuvers. So the designer either did not count racial HD towards IL, or opted not to so he could stat the npc more easily. :smallconfused:

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 04:55 PM
A 372

This one's a DM's call.
Forms of movement barred by a dimensional anchor include astral projection, blink, dimension door, ethereal jaunt, etherealness, gate, maze, plane shift, shadow walk, teleport, and similar spell-like or psionic abilities.
Forms of movement barred include astral projection, blink, dimension door, ethereal jaunt, etherealness, gate, maze, plane shift, shadow walk, teleport, and similar spell-like or psionic abilities. Being sucked into the astral plane isn't on that list, and each spell has limitations such as not preventing summoned creatures from disappearing at the end of a summoning spell.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 05:05 PM
A 375

This isn't exactly a rules question, but there's a fan-generated document called "The Grand History of Eberron", available here (http://www.scribd.com/doc/7469132/The-Grand-History-of-Eberron). Downloading it requires creating an account.

Sliver
2010-06-30, 05:08 PM
A 375
Said book is also available here (http://www.4shared.com/document/2HBVaNLS/The_Grand_History_of_Eberron.htm), without need to create an account.

(I'll remove if it breaks forum rules. As it's fan based, I assume it doesn't)

daxstyles
2010-06-30, 06:35 PM
Q376

I hope that this hasn't been covered. I am returning to D&D after nearly a 15 year hiatus, and we are using 3.5e rules. I play an Artificer and do not understand how magic items are used. If I have:

Crown of Blasting, Minor
Aura: Faint evocation
Level: 6th
Slot: Head
On command, this simple golden crown projects a blast of searing light (3d8 points of damage) once per day.

Requirements: Craft Wondrous Item, searing light

When I use this, do I make a Use Magic Device check, then make a check for the spell effect to hit and do damage (ranged touch attack in this case), or just a UMD check followed by damage if successful?

I have read and reread the sections in the DMG and apparently just do not grasp the mechanics. Can someone please simplify this for me?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 06:50 PM
A 376

I'm not familiar with Crown of Blasting, Minor as a D&D 3.5 item, and Pathfinder uses somewhat different rules.
Command Word

If no activation method is suggested either in the magic item description or by the nature of the item, assume that a command word is needed to activate it. Command word activation means that a character speaks the word and the item activates. No other special knowledge is needed. Generally, no Use Magic Device check is required; simply speak the command word (usually a standard action for the required nonsensical word like "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"). That's it.

Renaissance Man
2010-06-30, 07:47 PM
Q: 377
If I get darkness as an invocation from the dragonfire adept class instead of from being a warlock, can I still qualify for the warlock's Shadowmaster [Epic] feat?
The prerequisites for Shadowmaster are Spellcraft 24 ranks, beshadowed blast, dark discorporation, darkness, and enervating shadow.
Thanks

Curmudgeon
2010-06-30, 07:57 PM
A 377

The Shadowmaster [Epic] (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a) feat doesn't specify what form of darkness is required for the class. So spells, invocations, and both spell-like and supernatural abilities with that name would meet that prerequisite.

SethFahad
2010-07-01, 01:02 AM
Q 378

Metamagic Magic Items.

To extend one previous question (371), what if the creator is a Sorcerer? The metamagic level rule doesn't aply right? Only spell level rule aply. Am I right?

And what about, a divine spellcaster with the "Divine Metamagic" feat? Can he use this feat to create, for example, a level 3 spell potion with extend, or even use {gough} persistend???

jpreem
2010-07-01, 04:53 AM
Do artificer infusions suffer arcane spell failure for armor.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-01, 04:57 AM
A 378 No.

The limits for spells always apply, regardless of the class of the item creator, whether the metamagic is applied in prepared spells or spontaneously, and without regard to metamagic cost reducers. While the level may be reduced for the item creator, that has no effect on the item itself.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-01, 05:01 AM
A 379 No.

Infusions are neither arcane nor divine, so arcane spell failure does not apply.

Critical
2010-07-01, 05:53 AM
Q 380

What mechanical effect do manacles and masterwork manacles have on the bound creature?

Ditto
2010-07-01, 09:50 AM
Q381

If you roll a 20 to score a crit threat, and roll a 20 on the confirmation roll, does anything further happen? Do you crit confirm again for additional damage, or does the second roll just happen to be a 20 with no strings attached to it?

powerdemon
2010-07-01, 09:59 AM
Q381

If you roll a 20 to score a crit threat, and roll a 20 on the confirmation roll, does anything further happen? Do you crit confirm again for additional damage, or does the second roll just happen to be a 20 with no strings attached to it?

A 381
There is an optional rule that if you roll 3 20's in a row for attack rolls that you auto-kill the target. I believe it's in a sidebar of the PHB next to criticals in the combat chapter.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-01, 12:17 PM
A 381 [correction] No.

A natural 20 is always a hit, and on a critical confirmation roll it is thus an automatic confirmation of the critical hit. Nothing further happens.

There is no "optional rule" in the Player's Handbook regarding 3 consecutive natural 20s.

Seth1221
2010-07-01, 12:33 PM
Q382

Can a spellthief steal a spell from an unconcious ally or enemy? Either sleeping or below 0 HP one?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-01, 12:40 PM
A 380
Manacles can bind a Medium creature. A manacled creature can use the Escape Artist skill to slip free (DC 30, or DC 35 for masterwork manacles). Breaking the manacles requires a Strength check (DC 26, or DC 28 for masterwork manacles). Manacles have hardness 10 and 10 hit points. A bound creature cannot wield weapons or weaponlike objects in their hands; cannot cast spells with material, somatic, or focus components; cannot play an instrument; and cannot manipulate items as move actions (open a door, retrieve a stored item, & c.). Most checks for skills requiring use of the hands (Craft, Climb, Disable Device, Disguise, Forgery, Handle Animal, Heal, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Sleight of Hand, Survival, Use Magic Device, Use Rope) would fall into the "Nearly Impossible" category (minimum DC 40). Your DM will have to decide just how much longer it takes to manipulate things (retrieve a stored item, & c.), and may impose further restrictions at their discretion.

powerdemon
2010-07-01, 12:45 PM
A 381 [correction] No.

A natural 20 is always a hit, and on a critical confirmation roll it is thus an automatic confirmation of the critical hit. Nothing further happens.

There is no "optional rule" in the Player's Handbook regarding 3 consecutive natural 20s.

Well it was in an official book, but I can't remember which one. If I find it I'll post it.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-01, 12:45 PM
A 382 Yes.

An unconscious character is automatically considered willing, and thus a spellthief can steal a spell from them with a touch as a standard action.

AtwasAwamps
2010-07-01, 02:53 PM
Q 382

Does the feat Craft Magic Arms and Armor have any relationship whatsoever to the craft skills, or is it purely independant of such a thing? IE, would I have to have any skill points at all in crafting arms and armor to effectively enchant them?

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-01, 03:04 PM
A382

No you do not. The Craft Skills let you make the sword, you only need the Feat and the assorted pre-requisites to enchant it.

katans
2010-07-02, 02:58 AM
Q383

Does the Spellblade weapon enhancement (PGtF) absorb spell-like abilities that mimic the spell in question? If my weapon is Spellblade (Disintegrate), would it protect me from a Beholder's Disintegrate ray?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-02, 03:25 AM
A 383 Yes.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)

Usually, a spell-like ability works just like the spell of that name. A spellblade set to absorb Disintegrate will absorb a targeted spell-like Disintegrate as well as the spell.

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-02, 03:43 PM
C 383

Curmudgeon's answer is correct, but might give the wrong impression on one thing: your example. A Spellblade weapon will provide you no protection from a Beholder's eye rays, because they are not spells or spell-like abilities, but rather supernatural abilities that in some respects mimic spells.

Gnaritas
2010-07-02, 03:48 PM
Q384

Questions about Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, cause i do not seem to understand it.

1. If I first casts Globe, then Bless, would the Bless work inside the Globe? Would Bless work outside the Globe?
2. If i cast Globe, and my opponent casts Hold Person or so on me, would Globe block that?
3. If i cast Globe, and my opponent casts Fireball on me, would it hit me?
4. If i cast Globe, and my opponent comes towards me with his sword enchanted with Greater Magic Weapon, does that spell still work? does it matter if the GMW was cast before or after Globe?

uhm, i guess that would clear a lot up for me, any other examples with answers are appreciated as well :smalleek:

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-02, 03:53 PM
Q385

My character has a primary Bite Attack, plus several secondary attacks (2 Claws, 2 Wings & a Tail).

How much Str bonus does he add to each of these (full, 1/2, none)?

He has Multi Attack and Improved Multiattack if that matters.

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-02, 03:54 PM
A 384

1. The Bless Spell would be suppressed in the Globe's area, but would work outside it.

2. The Globe would block the Hold Person spell.

3. The Fireball spell would not exist in the Globe's area. You would be protected from it.

4. This depends on the relative ages of the effects. If the GMW was cast before the Globe, the Globe can not suppress it. If you cast the Globe, and then an enemy Cleric casts Greater Magic weapon on your opponent's sword, it would be suppressed as soon as it entered the Globe's area.

Gnaritas
2010-07-02, 03:57 PM
A385

I know a true dragon has this:

Bite: 1x str
claw: 1/2 x str
wing: 1/2 x str
tail: (1+1/2) x str

sofawall
2010-07-02, 04:07 PM
A385: Unless it is a true dragon, you're hitting at *1 for the primary (usually a bite) and 0.5* for the rest.

Escheton
2010-07-02, 06:15 PM
Q 386

Can maneuvers that require a melee attack be activated with a melee touch attack such as that from Charnel Touch?

Runestar
2010-07-02, 06:26 PM
Q 386

Can maneuvers that require a melee attack be activated with a melee touch attack such as that from Charnel Touch?

Strike maneuvers are typically standard actions which let you make a melee attack. Thus, they have their own activation time, and cannot be combined with charnel touch, which is its own standard action as well.

Same for other abilities such as duskblade's arcane channeling.

Escheton
2010-07-02, 06:36 PM
Q386B

How about Martial stance?

Runestar
2010-07-02, 06:51 PM
Q386B

How about Martial stance?

Stances would work, since they typically provide a constant benefit. Say you charnel touch someone while in martial spirit stance, you would heal 2hp when you hit.

Gnaritas
2010-07-03, 09:06 AM
A 384

1. The Bless Spell would be suppressed in the Globe's area, but would work outside it.

2. The Globe would block the Hold Person spell.

3. The Fireball spell would not exist in the Globe's area. You would be protected from it.

4. This depends on the relative ages of the effects. If the GMW was cast before the Globe, the Globe can not suppress it. If you cast the Globe, and then an enemy Cleric casts Greater Magic weapon on your opponent's sword, it would be suppressed as soon as it entered the Globe's area.

on 1: even if the Bless was cast inside the Globe?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-03, 10:21 AM
on 1: even if the Bless was cast inside the Globe?
Yes.
The area or effect of any such spells does not include the area of the lesser globe of invulnerability. ... However, any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe. The Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser has only a 10' radius, but Bless affects a 50' burst.

Escheton
2010-07-03, 12:47 PM
Q387

Is normal equipment made for small characters such as thieftools and rope also half-weight or is that just armor?

Critical
2010-07-03, 01:10 PM
Q 388
Lets say, someone got a template that belonged to a certain creature type and then somehow changed his creature type, does he lose the benefits of the template?

Gnaritas
2010-07-03, 04:54 PM
Q384

Questions about Lesser Globe of Invulnerability, cause i do not seem to understand it.

1. If I first casts Globe, then Bless, would the Bless work inside the Globe? Would Bless work outside the Globe?
2. If i cast Globe, and my opponent casts Hold Person or so on me, would Globe block that?
3. If i cast Globe, and my opponent casts Fireball on me, would it hit me?
4. If i cast Globe, and my opponent comes towards me with his sword enchanted with Greater Magic Weapon, does that spell still work? does it matter if the GMW was cast before or after Globe?

uhm, i guess that would clear a lot up for me, any other examples with answers are appreciated as well :smalleek:

One more addition:
If 2 persons are within the Globe. Would one be able to heal the other with a CLW or target him with a Hold Person?

Derjuin
2010-07-03, 04:58 PM
Q 389

Is it possible for a paladin/druid multiclass character (or gestalt) to use their animal companion as their paladin mount, or vice versa? If so, does the animal improve via both classes, being that it is both the animal companion and mount?

Defiant
2010-07-03, 05:14 PM
Q. 390

Does a factotum have any spell list whatsoever? Would a factotum be required to Use Magic Device on any wands or scrolls containing sorcerer/wizard arcane spells?

Raiki
2010-07-03, 05:17 PM
Q. 391

A fellow gamer and I are having a slight disagreement regarding force spells and their interaction with a line of effect. I'm AFB and can't seem to find any enlightenment in the SRD.

So, can anyone tell me (preferably with references from a rulebook) whether or not force spells (such as Wall of Force or Resiliant/Telekinetic Sphere) block line of effect.

Critical
2010-07-03, 05:40 PM
A 389
I believe, there is alignment contradiction, since the paladins need to be of extreme alignment, but druids must remain neutral at some point.

A 390
He can use spells as spell-like's from Sor/Wiz, and Factotum needs to UMD as normal.

A 391

A wall of force spell creates an invisible wall
of force.
I believe, that should suffice.

Runestar
2010-07-03, 07:12 PM
Q. 391

A fellow gamer and I are having a slight disagreement regarding force spells and their interaction with a line of effect. I'm AFB and can't seem to find any enlightenment in the SRD.

So, can anyone tell me (preferably with references from a rulebook) whether or not force spells (such as Wall of Force or Resiliant/Telekinetic Sphere) block line of effect.

It would block line of effect, but not line of sight.

Douglas
2010-07-03, 07:29 PM
A391 reference

A line of effect is canceled by a solid barrier. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#lineofEffect)

Resilient Sphere:
Nothing can pass through the sphere, inside or out (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resilientSphere.htm)

Certainly sounds like a barrier to me.

Wall of Force:
spells cannot pass through the wall in either direction (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wallOfForce.htm)

That's pretty cut and dry right there. If the whole, you know, wall thing that nothing can move through weren't enough.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-03, 08:13 PM
A 387

Tools have the weights listed unless the description for one specifies a different weight based on the user's size. (Basically, thieves' tools are sized for locks, door jambs, and the like; the user's size doesn't enter into it.)

Curmudgeon
2010-07-03, 08:17 PM
A 390 additional info

No, a Factotum has no spell list of any sort. The factotum has no spells, but only a few spell-like abilities.

Defiant
2010-07-03, 09:49 PM
A 390 additional info

No, a Factotum has no spell list of any sort. The factotum has no spells, but only a few spell-like abilities.

Specifically, by "only a few spell-like abilities", you mean "every sorcerer/wizard spell ever as a spell-like ability, usable a few times per day total"?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-03, 10:38 PM
Specifically, by "only a few spell-like abilities", you mean "every sorcerer/wizard spell ever as a spell-like ability, usable a few times per day total"?
No, I certainly don't mean that at all. I mean no more than 8 spell-like abilities in any one day (at level 20), no more than one use of each, never 8th or 9th level, and no more than one at the maximum level. A 1st-level Sorcerer with a 12 Charisma gets more daily spells than a 20th-level Factotum gets daily spell-like abilities.

Defiant
2010-07-03, 11:08 PM
I don't mean to nitpick on your wording, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right.

You stated Factotums only have a few spell-like abilities.

Yet, when you think about it, the Factotum has every sorcerer/wizard spell that exists as a spell-like ability. It's just that he's limited in the amount he can cast.

Basically 8 slots of spell-like abilities, which could be filled with just about anything.

Yes?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-03, 11:18 PM
Yes?
This has gone beyond the "Simple Q&A" thread's scope. If you want to discuss the freedom vs. limits of the Factotum's spell-like abilities, a new thread specific to the purpose would be appropriate.

Defiant
2010-07-03, 11:28 PM
This has gone beyond the "Simple Q&A" thread's scope. If you want to discuss the freedom vs. limits of the Factotum's spell-like abilities, a new thread specific to the purpose would be appropriate.

Actually, I want to make sure I understand how the class works.

PId6
2010-07-04, 12:16 AM
Actually, I want to make sure I understand how the class works.
Here:

Every day, you get X spell-like abilities of your choice, where X is based on your level. (An 8th level factotum has 3 spell-like abilities that may each be used once per day.)
Every morning, the factotum selects what those spell-like abilities will be, from the entire sor/wiz spell list.
One of those spell-like abilities can be any sor/wiz spell up to the maximum spell level allowed for that class level. (An 8th level factotum can select up to 3rd level sor/wiz spells for one of those SLAs.)
The remaining spell-like abilities can be any sor/wiz spells up to one less than the maximum spell level allowed for that class level. (An 8th-level factotum has two other spell-like abilities that can be sor/wiz spells of up to 2nd level.)

At any one time, he has a select number of spell-like abilities (3 SLAs per day for 8th level factotums). He just gets to choose what those SLAs are each morning.

Does this clarify things?

Defiant
2010-07-04, 12:45 AM
Yes, thank you.

jpreem
2010-07-04, 12:32 PM
How would chill/heat metal rounds look like if i extend spell.
( usual damage is spread around in 7 rounds middle ones doing highest damage)

Curmudgeon
2010-07-04, 09:43 PM
A 392

Applying Extend Spell to Heat Metal/Chill Metal causes a disagreement between the tables and text descriptions for the heat up-cool down (or cool down-warm up) cycles of these spells. In such cases you always follow the text.
Duration: 7 rounds

On the first round of the spell, the metal becomes warm and uncomfortable to touch but deals no damage. The same effect also occurs on the last round of the spell’s duration. During the second (and also the next-to-last) round, intense heat causes pain and damage. In the third, fourth, and fifth rounds, the metal is searing hot, causing more damage, as shown on the table below. If you extend the spell the duration becomes 14 rounds. The first and last rounds (1 & 14) cause uncomfortable warmth. The second and next-to-last rounds (2 & 13) cause painful heat and damage. Rounds 3, 4, and 5 cause searing heat. Because the heat up-cool down cycles are symmetric, rounds 10-12 also cause searing heat. And because there's no more than one cycle in the spell description the searing heat persists through rounds 6-9 as well.

Chen
2010-07-05, 11:18 AM
A 392

Applying Extend Spell to Heat Metal/Chill Metal causes a disagreement between the tables and text descriptions for the heat up-cool down (or cool down-warm up) cycles of these spells. In such cases you always follow the text. If you extend the spell the duration becomes 14 rounds. The first and last rounds (1 & 14) cause uncomfortable warmth. The second and next-to-last rounds (2 & 13) cause painful heat and damage. Rounds 3, 4, and 5 cause searing heat. Because the heat up-cool down cycles are symmetric, rounds 10-12 also cause searing heat. And because there's no more than one cycle in the spell description the searing heat persists through rounds 6-9 as well.

By RAW wouldn't the spell do NOTHING during rounds 6-12? The text says what it does during the first and last rounds (1, 14), the second and second to last rounds (2, 13) and what happens in rounds 3-5. It doesn't say what happens in any intermediate rounds. I mean I'd rule it the same way you did, but seems like that would be RAI if anything.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-05, 12:25 PM
By RAW wouldn't the spell do NOTHING during rounds 6-12?
No. That wouldn't be an extended spell; rather, it would be an interrupted spell. The D&D rules sometimes only provide answers if you understand the terminology.
An extended spell lasts twice as long as normal. A spell with a duration of concentration, instantaneous, or permanent is not affected by this feat.
du·ra·tion -noun

the length of time something continues or exists The effect of Heat Metal "continues or exists" (rather than stops) during the extended rounds provided by Extend Spell. The text specifies the level of effect that's in existence (searing heat) at the beginning of the period that's extended by Extend Spell, and the spell description provides only one cycle from ambient to hot and back.

Zaq
2010-07-05, 02:07 PM
Q 393

I have a distinct memory of hearing that UMD can be used to "emulate a specific individual." However, when I tried to find the source for it, I came up empty-handed. Is this an actual function of UMD, and if so, where can I find a reference for it?

DonEsteban
2010-07-05, 04:39 PM
Q 394
Does a fiendish monstrous centipede speak or understand any languages?

evil-frosty
2010-07-05, 05:04 PM
Q395

When I read the font of inspiration feat in the special section of the feat description it said you gain 2 inspiration points for when you take the feat the second time, so for the third time you would gain 3 points? So you would have gained 1 from the first time taking the feat, 2 the second and then 3 for the third for a total of 6? That doesn't seem right to me.

Runestar
2010-07-05, 05:24 PM
Q 394
Does a fiendish monstrous centipede speak or understand any languages?

One language of your choice, given its 3int.

PId6
2010-07-05, 05:45 PM
Q395

When I read the font of inspiration feat in the special section of the feat description it said you gain 2 inspiration points for when you take the feat the second time, so for the third time you would gain 3 points? So you would have gained 1 from the first time taking the feat, 2 the second and then 3 for the third for a total of 6? That doesn't seem right to me.
A 395

That's exactly how it works. "You can take this multiple times. Each time you take this feat after the first time, the number of inspiration points you gain increases by 1." First time you take it, you gain 1. Second time, you gain 2, for a total of 3. It's often houseruled that Factotums can't use Cunning Surge more than once per round, or else this makes it too ridiculous.

SethFahad
2010-07-06, 02:01 AM
Q 396

Is there a Level Adjustment for the Curst template (MoF 87)?
Please answer including reference.

PId6
2010-07-06, 02:09 AM
A 396

LA +3. Source (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20040313a).

Curmudgeon
2010-07-06, 03:15 AM
A 393

This new use for Use Magic Device is actually in a couple of places in Dragon magazines. (You know, that thing that said "100% Official D&D® Content" on the front cover.) One instance is in an article regarding Pazuzu (Demon Prince of the Lower Aerial Kingdoms) and his Blinding Claw throne (major artifact). You can emulate being Pazuzu for purposes of activating the Blinding Claw with a DC 40 Use Magic Device check; see Dragon # 329, page 67. (There's also a reference in an adventure in either Dragon or Dungeon, but I've lost that second citation to a hard disk crash.)

JaronK
2010-07-06, 03:31 AM
No, I certainly don't mean that at all. I mean no more than 8 spell-like abilities in any one day (at level 20), no more than one use of each, never 8th or 9th level, and no more than one at the maximum level. A 1st-level Sorcerer with a 12 Charisma gets more daily spells than a 20th-level Factotum gets daily spell-like abilities.

Since a 19th level Factotum can duplicate a 19th level Sorcerer's casting entirely via Cunning Brilliance, I don't think that's quite accurate! Remember, as per Monster Manual V, spell casting is an Ex Special Attack...

JaronK

Curmudgeon
2010-07-06, 04:07 AM
Since a 19th level Factotum can duplicate a 19th level Sorcerer's casting entirely via Cunning Brilliance, I don't think that's quite accurate! Remember, as per Monster Manual V, spell casting is an Ex Special Attack...
I think you're misreading that, and also trying to apply it outside the context allowed by the Primary Sources Errata Rule. The Sorcerer class does not specify its spellcasting abilities as Extraordinary, and the basic rule from Player's Handbook page 180 applies:
Natural abilities are those not otherwise designated as extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like. Spellcasting, if not labeled otherwise, is a natural class ability.

Sliver
2010-07-06, 08:03 AM
Q 397
Is the only restriction on using swift actions is that they have to be on your turn? If I'm using a Blessed weapon (as the MiC weapon enchantment), am I allowed to use it's ability to confirm a critical threat on an attack I already rolled for, but not yet rolled to confirm?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-06, 08:24 AM
A 397

You're pretty much right.
You can perform one swift action per turn without affecting your ability to perform other actions. ... You can take a swift action any time you would normally be allowed to take a free action. Since free actions can be performed in conjunction with actions of other types, the only limitation is DM judgment.
You may also perform one or more free actions along with any other action, as your DM allows. The duration of the Blessed effect is for the rest of your turn, so there is no rules issue with activating it between the attack roll and the critical confirmation roll.

Laharal
2010-07-06, 05:46 PM
Q 398

From Complete Champion p.62 :

TOUCH OF HEALING [RESERVE]
You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 2nd-level spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast

If I can convert spells to cure spells, does that mean that I can use this feat as long as I have any spell of 2nd level or higher since I can convert any non-domain spells to cure spells?

Many thanks

Kobold-Bard
2010-07-06, 06:18 PM
A398

Yes, according to your highlighted portion.

Ajadea
2010-07-07, 08:29 PM
Q399 Do Illumians pick up an extra sigil every time they reach 2nd level in any class? For example, could a fighter/wizard/cleric/rogue Illumian pick four sigils?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-07, 10:43 PM
A 399 No.
On attaining 2nd level in any class, an illumian gains a second different power sigil, and the bonus granted by each power sigil increases to +2. While the Illumian can attain second level in any class multiple times, there's only one time when they can attain "a second different power sigil". You're asking about receiving a third and fourth different power sigil, and the answer to that is no.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-07-08, 12:41 AM
Q 400

Can clerics trade out both domains for devotion feats?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-08, 01:33 AM
A 400 Yes.

While the phrasing in Complete Champion is a little convoluted, the rules are the following:

The normal limit for domain feats is 2.
Clerics (and other characters with domains) can trade a domain for the corresponding feat, always at a ratio of one feat for a sacrificed domain (including planar domains, which normally "cost" as much as 2 domains).
The limit for Clerics is 3 domain feats.
Thus a Cleric can have up to 3 domain feats, with 1-3 of them from giving up domains.

Rasman
2010-07-08, 01:49 AM
Q. 401

Does using Alter Self to turn into something with Darkvision, like a Dwarf, grant Darkvision or just the Skill and Feat bonuses?

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 01:55 AM
A 401: No, Alter Self does not grant special qualities like darkvision.

Alter Self

[...]

You acquire the physical qualities of the new form while retaining your own mind. Physical qualities include natural size, mundane movement capabilities (such as burrowing, climbing, walking, swimming, and flight with wings, to a maximum speed of 120 feet for flying or 60 feet for nonflying movement), natural armor bonus, natural weapons (such as claws, bite, and so on), racial skill bonuses, racial bonus feats, and any gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth). A body with extra limbs does not allow you to make more attacks (or more advantageous two-weapon attacks) than normal.

You do not gain any extraordinary special attacks or special qualities not noted above under physical qualities, such as darkvision, low-light vision, blindsense, blindsight, fast healing, regeneration, scent, and so forth.

There is a short list of things you can acquire; everything else is off-limits.

Rasman
2010-07-08, 02:10 AM
A 401: No, Alter Self does not grant special qualities like darkvision.

There is a short list of things you can acquire; everything else is off-limits.

ah...didn't see that part...shows how well my brain is working...next question

Q. 402 Are there any forms other than Avarial that grant Fly?

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 02:14 AM
A 402: Yes.

There are probably many races with various LA, RHD and so on that grant flight, but the one that comes to mind is Raptoran. Average maneuverability, 40' fly speed. At level 1, they glide. Starting at level 5, they fly for a number of rounds equal to their CON modifier (at least 1; can fly 2x as long, but fatigued afterwards). At level 10, they get full flight. Races of the Wild, ch. 3.

Air Mephlings have a 10' flight speed with perfect maneuverability, among other things, for +1 LA. Planar Handbook, p. 10.

Dragonkin have a 40' flight speed, good maneuverability, +2 LA. Draconomicon, p. 151.

Dragonwrought Kobold sorcerers can take the Draconic Flight feat from Races of the Dragon (p. 102).

There are a few others. An index of races is here. (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Races.pdf)

Escheton
2010-07-08, 11:48 AM
Q 403

Charnel touch(dread necro)+chill touch(lvl1 arcane spell)+lightning gauntlets(incarnate meldshape)+halo of fire(vestige aym)=1d8+1d6+1d6+1d6 touch attack?

Zen Master
2010-07-08, 12:25 PM
Q. 404

Ok, I've never played a ranger in 3.5. I just want to make sure I've got the many shot thing right.

Up to level 5, I've got 2 shots at -2 with rapid shot. Now, at level 6, I get ... 2 shots at -4? But as a standard action?

So ... On a full attack, I get 3 shots, at ... what? Two at -4, and one at -5?

Or how did they want this to work?

Escheton
2010-07-08, 12:33 PM
A404

yes

3 attacks at -2, -2, -7 or a move and 2 attacks against the same opponent within 30 feet at -4. Precisiondmg and crits apply only once
at bab 11 this becomes -2, -2, -7, -12 or move and 3 attacks against the same opponent within 30 feet at -6. Precisiondmg and crits apply only once.
at bab 16 this becomes -2, -2, -7, -12, -17 or move and 4 attacks against the same opponent within 30 feet at -8. Precisiondmg and crits apply only once.

edited

Yora
2010-07-08, 12:35 PM
A404

yes

3 attacks at -2, -2, -7 or a move and 2 attack at -4, -4
Correction: A move action and a single attack at -4, which deals damage twice. Either all or none hit.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-08, 12:37 PM
A 403 No.

A Dread Necromancer/incarnate with Lightning Gauntlets soulmeld/Binder with Aym vestige could cast Chill Touch and deal the following damage with a successful standard action melee touch attack:

1d8 negative energy damage from the Dread Necromancer Charnel Touch ability
1d6 negative energy damage from Chill Touch spell
plus one of the following:

1d6 electricity damage from Lightning Gauntlets soulmeld
1d6 fire damage from Halo of Fire granted by Aym vestige

The choice between Lightning Gauntlets and Halo of Fire is because each independently requires a standard action to use.
While wearing lightning gauntlets, you can deal 1d6 points of electricity damage with a successful melee touch attack (a standard action).

All powers granted by vestiges are supernatural in origin, even if they replicate spells or abilities that are not normally considered magical.
Using a supernatural ability is a standard action unless otherwise noted.
If you skip both Lightning Gauntlets and Halo of Fire you can use Charnel Touch and Chill Touch together in the round in which you cast the spell.

Escheton
2010-07-08, 12:47 PM
the vestige aym states that you simply add 1d6 fire dmg with each melee touch attack you make.
Activating the halo would be a standard action though.

thanks, max is 1d8+2d6 with this then.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-08, 12:56 PM
A 404

Rapid Shot requires a full attack action to use and will allow one extra ranged attack, but all attacks take a -2 penalty. With BAB of +6 (at Ranger level 6) your full attack will be: +4, +4, -1. For each target within 30' the attack will be +1 higher from Point Blank Shot. Roll attack and damage three times.

Manyshot requires a standard action attack to use, and will allow you to shoot two arrows at a single opponent within 30'. Your single standard action attack at Ranger level 6 will be at +3:

+6 (BAB) -4 (Manyshot penalty) +1 (Point Blank Shot bonus)
If your attack hits both arrows will deal damage to the opponent, so roll the damage twice. Because this attack uses a standard action you will also have a move action available in the round.

Escheton
2010-07-08, 02:12 PM
A 403 No.
If you skip both Lightning Gauntlets and Halo of Fire you can use Charnel Touch and Chill Touch together in the round in which you cast the spell.

how would that work with casting chill touch being a standard action and activating charnel touch being one as well?

Rasman
2010-07-08, 03:25 PM
Q. 405 Can "hand" crossbows be duel wielded and if so, can they both be reloaded as a free action with the Rapid Reload feat?

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 03:37 PM
A 405: Yes, hand crossbows can be dual-wielded, and Rapid Reload allows you to reload a hand crossbow as a free action. However, the Rapid Reload feat does not allow you to reload a crossbow with one hand.

Hand Crossbow
[...]
You can shoot, but not load, a hand crossbow with one hand at no penalty. You can shoot a hand crossbow with each hand, but you take a penalty on attack rolls as if attacking with two light weapons (see Table 8–10: Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties, page 160).

Rapid Reload
[...]
Benefit: The time required for you to reload your chosen type of crossbow is reduced to a free action (for a hand or light crossbow) or a move action (for a heavy crossbow). Reloading a crossbow still provokes an attack of opportunity. If you have selected this feat for hand crossbow or light crossbow, you may fire that weapon as many times in a full attack action as you could attack if you were using a bow.

What this means mechanically is that you can hold, and fire, two crossbows at -4 and -8 penalties, respectively. But you can't reload one crossbow while holding the other, even with Rapid Reload. However, on a full attack action, you could fire a shot with each crossbow, drop the offhand one (free action), reload the other (free action with RR), and continue with any iterative attacks you may have.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-08, 04:11 PM
how would that work with casting chill touch being a standard action and activating charnel touch being one as well?
That's because Charnel Touch doesn't take a standard action. The default for Supernatural abilities is that they take a standard action, but Charnel Touch is instead a melee touch attack (just with a limit on use).
At will, but no more than once per round, she can make a melee touch attack against a living foe that deals 1d8 points of damage, +1 per four class levels. Casting a touch attack spell allows an attack that can deliver that spell in the same round.

Escheton
2010-07-08, 05:51 PM
Q406

Can dungeoncrasher be used with the Minotaur charge maneuver?
I'm thinking yes, and it has probably been asked before, but I wanna be sure.

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 06:01 PM
A 406: Yes. Dungeoncrasher applies on any Bull Rush, including the one involved in the Charging Minotaur maneuver.

Alternative Class Feature: Dungeoncrasher
[...]
In addition, you gain a special benefit when making a bull rush.

Charging Minotaur
[...]
As part of this maneuver, you make a bull rush attack (PH 154) as part of a charge.

Defiant
2010-07-08, 06:08 PM
Q. 407 (corollary of Q. 405)

Does there exist a feat that allows reloading hand crossbows with one hand (i.e. while holding two hand crossbows)?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-08, 06:17 PM
A 407 No.

The combination of quick loading (Magic Item Compendium; +1 enhancement cost) and self-loading (Arms and Equipment Guide; +10,000 gp enhancement cost) will allow semi-automatic operation of a crossbow. The first enhancement sets the bolt in place, and the second draws the string back.

Defiant
2010-07-08, 06:20 PM

So the only way to dual wield full-attack with hand crossbows in each hand is to have both of these weapon enhancements on both crossbows? (irrelevant of rapid reload?)

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 06:22 PM
A 407: No. There are no feats that do exactly what you're asking. However, there are a number of ways to bypass the problems involved, including Gloves of Storing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicitems/wondrousitems.htm#gloveofStoring), the Quick Draw (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#quickDraw) feat (bring lots of crossbows), the Quick Loading weapon ability (MIC p. 41), the Ghostly Reload spell (Races of the Dragon p. 113), and possibly others. For general reference, you should study the crossbow section (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.msg15068#msg15068) of the Archery Handbook.

Kyuu Himura
2010-07-08, 10:31 PM
Q 408
If I use Insightful Strike (Diamond Mind 3) and Burning Blade (Desert Wind 1), does the bonus damage from Burning Blade applies (this has probably been answered before, but since IS doesn't mention maneouvers..)??

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 10:48 PM
A 408: No.

Insightful Strike
[...]
As part of this maneuver, make a melee attack. If this attack hits, you do not deal normal damage. Instead, you make a Concentration check and deal damage equal to the check result. Your Strength modifier, your weapon's magical properties (if any), and any other extra damage you normally deal do not modify this check (including extra damage from class abilities, feats, or spells).

Burning Blade
[...]
For the rest of your turn, your melee attacks deal an extra 1d6 points of fire damage +1 point per initiator level.

So Burning Blade qualifies as dealing "extra damage" for the purposes of being ignored by Insightful Strike. In general, just assume nothing modifies the Concentration check except your Concentration modifier...even critical hits, which are part of 'normal damage'.

IdleMuse
2010-07-08, 11:05 PM
Q409

Can you fulfill the prereq "Spells: Ability to cast summon monster IV" by having a wand of it? An eternal wand? What about if you can cast it as an SLA?

Coidzor
2010-07-08, 11:15 PM
Q410: Does an individual Crusader only get access to the maneuvers and stances of a single discipline? I'm reading through and it goes on at length about what discipline a crusader chooses to follow but haven't found anything limiting them to just one discipline's maneuvers.

Have I missed it in the text or is the fluff just going with the assumption that crusaders won't have the stats for more than a single discipline's maneuvers?

Defiant
2010-07-08, 11:38 PM
Q. 411

This has been bugging me for quite a while.

Consider a wizard. He goes into the wizard class for 3 levels, then takes 3 levels of a prestige class that grants spellcasting progression (like Master Specialist for example).

Would the wizard's spellcasting progression continue as normal if he takes another level of wizard?

Or would he only be granted [(spells per day from Wizard 4) minus (spells per day from Wizard 3)] number of spells?

Douglas
2010-07-08, 11:38 PM
A410

A Crusader can learn maneuvers and stances from all three Crusader disciplines with no restriction. Any reference to "choosing a discipline" in the fluff might be a reference to the low number of maneuvers a Crusader learns, which makes it much easier to specialize in one or two disciplines than to generalize with all three, but it is no more than that.

A411

A Wizard 3/Master Specialist 3 who takes another level of Wizard would have the spellcasting ability of a Wizard 7.

Math_Mage
2010-07-08, 11:45 PM
A 409: No, having a wand of Summon Monster IV does not confer the 'ability to cast Summon Monster IV.' Yes, a character with Summon Monster IV as a spell-like ability has the 'ability to cast Summon Monster IV'.

The ability to use a magic item is not equivalent to the ability to cast a spell. Notably, a wand can be used automatically by a character that cannot actually cast spells, such as a low-level paladin (or a rogue with a +19 modifier to Use Magic Device). However, spell-like abilities qualify as abilities for the purpose of prestige class qualification.

Defiant
2010-07-09, 12:05 AM
A411

A Wizard 3/Master Specialist 3 who takes another level of Wizard would have the spellcasting ability of a Wizard 7.

Is this because there's nothing to the contrary? I looked at the RAW, and it just says "his base daily allotment is listed on the table". Not very enlightening towards either side of this issue.

Math_Mage
2010-07-09, 12:11 AM
Is this because there's nothing to the contrary? I looked at the RAW, and it just says "his base daily allotment is listed on the table". Not very enlightening towards either side of this issue.

There is no difference between taking Wizard 4/Master Specialist 3 and taking Wizard 3/Master Specialist 3/Wizard +1. For that matter, there's no difference between taking Wizard 4/Fighter 3 and Wizard 3/Fighter 3/Wizard +1. You have 4 Wizard class levels and 3 levels in another class. In the case of master specialist, those 3 levels are treated as Wizard levels for the purpose of advancing casting, so you cast as a Wizard 7 in either case.

EDIT: I feel I may need to clarify--a Wizard 7 prepares 4 0th-level spells, 4 1st-level spells, 3 2nd-level spells, 2 3rd-level spells, and 1 4th-level spell. He may prepare some additional spells based on his Int score. The same is true of a Wizard 4/Master Specialist 3, or a Wizard 3/Master Specialist 3/Wizard +1.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-09, 12:26 AM
Is this because there's nothing to the contrary? I looked at the RAW, and it just says "his base daily allotment is listed on the table".
A Wizard of level n always has the capabilities listed on the Wizard class table, regardless of any gaps in acquiring those levels. In your example the Wizard would have achieved the spellcasting capabilities of a Wizard of level 3 by straightforward class progression.
Spellcasting: At each level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in the wizard class. Then the character would have advanced their spellcasting (only) three times as if they had achieved Wizard level 6, and other capabilities as specified on the Master Specialist class table. Finally, the character would advance their spellcasting a further level as if they had achieved Wizard level 7, but other capabilities would reflect only the difference between Wizard 3 and Wizard 4.

Defiant
2010-07-09, 12:29 AM
So if you're a Wiz3/MS3, it's as if you're a Wiz6 (in regards to spells). When you take another level of wizard, since you're regarded as level 6 in regards to spells, you would then be regarded as level 7.

Thank you.

Roc Ness
2010-07-09, 03:45 AM
Q 412
Does a Knight's Armor Mastery ability allow for the character in question to fly nonmagically while wearing medium/heavy armor?

Q 413
Is it possible to apply Weapon Finesse to the Eldritch Glaive invocation?

Math_Mage
2010-07-09, 04:19 AM
A 412: No. A character's ability to fly is not dependent on what armor he is wearing, but on what load he is carrying. Medium or heavy armor might not constitute a medium load, but if it does, Armor Mastery does not help, because it only negates the speed penalties imposed by medium and heavy armor.

A 413: No. Nowhere in the Eldritch Glaive spell description does it say that it is a light weapon, natural weapon, or specifically usable with Weapon Finesse; therefore it is not. For what it's worth, a regular glaive isn't either.

Roc Ness
2010-07-09, 07:08 AM
A 412: No. A character's ability to fly is not dependent on what armor he is wearing, but on what load he is carrying. Medium or heavy armor might not constitute a medium load, but if it does, Armor Mastery does not help, because it only negates the speed penalties imposed by medium and heavy armor.

Okay.

A 413: No. Nowhere in the Eldritch Glaive spell description does it say that it is a light weapon, natural weapon, or specifically usable with Weapon Finesse; therefore it is not. For what it's worth, a regular glaive isn't either.

Are you sure? I'm confused because Eldritch Glaive is a touch attack (thus qualifying for WF), but on the other hand it's a glaive (Thus not).

Curmudgeon
2010-07-09, 09:20 AM
Are you sure? I'm confused because Eldritch Glaive is a touch attack (thus qualifying for WF)
Unarmed strikes are considered light weapons. Natural attacks are considered light weapons. But touch attacks? You'll need to point out the rule which qualifies them as light weapons, or otherwise usable with Weapon Finesse.

Sliver
2010-07-09, 09:28 AM
Well, there is this part, no?

Weapon Finesse: You can treat touch spells as light weapons and use your Dexterity modifier (instead of your Strength modifier) on your touch attack rolls with such spells.

While one could argue that it's only for spells, it's not really. It's for weaponlike spells... And:

Weaponlike Spell Feats: A character who uses invocations or spell-like abilities might be able to take advantage of feats such as Weapon Focus or Precise Shot, as described under Feats and Weaponlike Spells, below. (The warlock’s eldritch blast is weaponlike.)

okpokalypse
2010-07-09, 10:19 AM
Q414 - Is there a way to make an X/Day SLA become an "At Will" SLA? (Psion has Time Regression 2/Day & Time Hop 2/Day. Wants to make them "At Will")

Coplantor
2010-07-09, 10:48 AM
Q415
I always forget the STR mod for damage and power attack bonus depending on the situation.

Off hand weapon/secondary natural attack is 0.5
One handed weapon is 1
Two handed weapon/primary natural attack is 1.5

But I cant remember the PA bonuses for each situation, also, how does charge, and leap attack afect these?

Thanks

SillySymphonies
2010-07-09, 10:49 AM
Q 415 Upcoming Eberron skypirate campaign. I will be playing the ship's medical officer/first mate (Lyrandar half-elf druid) and need a believable masterwork tool for profession (sailor). Thanks.:smallsmile:

PId6
2010-07-09, 11:25 AM
Q415

But I cant remember the PA bonuses for each situation, also, how does charge, and leap attack afect these?
A 415

PA bonuses:

Light weapon: No damage bonus (still suffer attack penalty though).
One-handed weapon: +1 damage per -1 attack.
Natural weapon or unarmed strike: +1 damage per -1 attack.
Two-handed weapon: +2 damage per -1 attack.

Charge does not affect this except with feats that explicitly require charging, such as Shock Trooper or Leap Attack. Off-hand does not affect the damage bonus (though since you tend to use light weapons in off-hand, two-weapon fighting doesn't work very well with PA).

Leap Attack adds +100% to the damage dealt by PA. This would become +2 damage per -1 attack for one handed/natural/unarmed attacks, and +4 damage per -1 attack for two-handed weapons. Other multipliers (like criticals) stack with this as per PHB multiplying rules (each x2 equals +100%).

Q 415 Upcoming Eberron skypirate campaign. I will be playing the ship's medical officer/first mate (Lyrandar half-elf druid) and need a believable masterwork tool for profession (sailor). Thanks.:smallsmile:
Other A 415

Sextant?

Defiant
2010-07-09, 12:04 PM
Q. 416

Can a Sorcerer 5 with the feats Extend Spell and Versatile Spellcaster qualify for a class (Incantatrix) with a requirement of being able to cast level 3 spells?

Versatile Spellcaster states that you can combine two to cast one at a higher level that you know. But if you have 2nd-level spells, could you, by RAW, say that you know a 2nd-level extended spell - i.e. a third-level spell?

(And thus be able to cast it using Versatile Spellcaster, making you able to cast a level 3 spell)

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-09, 12:18 PM
A 416

No. An extended 2nd level spell is still a 2nd level spell. It just uses up a 3rd level slot.

In all ways, a metamagic spell operates at its original spell level, even though it is prepared and cast as a higher-level spell.

You could qualify for 3rd level casting if you used Heighten Spell, as that actually affects the level of the spell.

Defiant
2010-07-09, 01:38 PM
So it's possible to become a Mystic Theurge with Extend Spell, Versatile Spellcaster, and just Cleric1/Wizard2?

Sliver
2010-07-09, 01:40 PM
As said, no. Extend uses a higher level slot, but you still cast a lower level one. If you want to qualify early like that, Heighten Spell could work.

Defiant
2010-07-09, 01:47 PM
As said, no. Extend uses a higher level slot, but you still cast a lower level one. If you want to qualify early like that, Heighten Spell could work.

Oops, sorry, I meant Heighten. :smallredface:

Thank you.

Harris the Ford
2010-07-09, 03:17 PM
Q 417

hey, I have a character that is going Doomlord prestige (planar handbook) and he gets disintigrate once/day as a spell like ability. Seeing as this is my favorite spell in the entire game I was wondering what feats there are to boost the number of times per day I can use it. I'm pretty sure there is a feat called extra Spell-Like Ability but for the life of me cant find it. If you could help me out and tell me what book its in (I dont use homebrew or web enhancements) I would love you and maybe give out a few brownie points as well.

Coidzor
2010-07-09, 06:48 PM
Q418: What book does the Warbeast Template come from?

AngelisBlack
2010-07-09, 06:52 PM
Q 419

Would PCs be able to advance or level up with racial hit die? For example, can a half dragon [dragon type] be able to take a level in "dragon" so to speak and gain a racial hit dice as opposed to advancing a level? He wants to use some options in Draconomicon that need racial HD.

Runestar
2010-07-09, 07:00 PM
Q418: What book does the Warbeast Template come from?

Monster Manual 2

Q 419

Would PCs be able to advance or level up with racial hit die? For example, can a half dragon [dragon type] be able to take a level in "dragon" so to speak and gain a racial hit dice as opposed to advancing a level? He wants to use some options in Draconomicon that need racial HD.

Not unless your original race allows you to take racial HD. Nor would being a half-dragon let you take dragon HD. Though I admit the rules are silent on this, I don't think an ogre can opt to take more giant HD because this option is lacking in its advancement entry.

There are however, indirect ways to add racial HD. For example, the multi-headed template adds 2 racial HD (so it is possible to have a human with 2 humanoid HD).

Which options in draconomicon are you talking about? Let's see if we can find a way to accommodate or go around that.:smallsmile:

AngelisBlack
2010-07-09, 07:10 PM
Monster Manual 2

Not unless your original race allows you to take racial HD. Nor would being a half-dragon let you take dragon HD. Though I admit the rules are silent on this, I don't think an ogre can opt to take more giant HD because this option is lacking in its advancement entry.

There are however, indirect ways to add racial HD. For example, the multi-headed template adds 2 racial HD (so it is possible to have a human with 2 humanoid HD).

Which options in draconomicon are you talking about? Let's see if we can find a way to accommodate or go around that.:smallsmile:

Well, he wants to use Awaken Spell Resistance or maybe Awaken Frightful Presence. He's also wanting to increase the save DC of his breath weapon, as its a cone of energy drain and save negates.

Runestar
2010-07-09, 07:25 PM
Well, he wants to use Awaken Spell Resistance or maybe Awaken Frightful Presence. He's also wanting to increase the save DC of his breath weapon, as its a cone of energy drain and save negates.

Well, sr would be worthless in his case since your racial HD can never be greater than that of your foe's caster lv. The breath weapon is quite poorly designed, IMO. See if your DM can agree to have its DC scale with class lvs as well. I think there might be one or 2 feats which can grant a form of frightful presence (one regional feat in player's guide to faerun, some houseruling may be required).

Racial HD isn't too good (even dragon HD) as they won't grant class abilities, and you can only go so far with good bab and saves.

Math_Mage
2010-07-09, 08:12 PM
Q 417

hey, I have a character that is going Doomlord prestige (planar handbook) and he gets disintigrate once/day as a spell like ability. Seeing as this is my favorite spell in the entire game I was wondering what feats there are to boost the number of times per day I can use it. I'm pretty sure there is a feat called extra Spell-Like Ability but for the life of me cant find it. If you could help me out and tell me what book its in (I dont use homebrew or web enhancements) I would love you and maybe give out a few brownie points as well.

A 417: To the best of my knowledge, no such feat exists. There are feats like Quicken and Empower Spell-Like Ability, to be sure. There are also feats like Magic in the Blood, a regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun, which allows certain kinds of dwarves, gnomes, planetouched, and spirit folk to use their racial 1/day SLAs 3 times a day. Due to such precedents, and the wide variance in SLA effectiveness and recharge times, I find it unlikely that there is a general variant applicable to all spell-like abilities. If it did, it would be a staple of any optimized Archmage build, since getting extra 9th-level spells is generally regarded as a good thing.

The Dreadful Wrath regional feat, from Player's Guide to Faerun, activates Frightful Presence on a charge, full attack, or spell cast targeting an enemy (or an area containing an enemy). The Intimidating Strike feat from Player's Handbook II allows you to demoralize a foe for the duration of an encounter with a successful melee attack and an Intimidate check, which can be combined with the Never Outnumbered skill trick to create a Frightful Presence-like effect out to 10'. The Draconic Presence feat from Races of the Dragon creates a Frightful Presence effect out to 10' whenever you cast an arcane spell. These are some options for getting Frightful Presence without RHD.

The Ability Focus feat would do for increasing the save DC of his breath weapon. If that is insufficient, further discussion lies between you and your DM. Consider that, for example, the Druid can choose to replace his wildshape class feature with Aspect of the Dragon (Dragon Magic), which (among other things) includes a 30' cone of fire with a 1d4 rounds recharge rate, whose save DC (Reflex half) scales as half his Druid level.

Runestar
2010-07-09, 09:25 PM
The Ability Focus feat would do for increasing the save DC of his breath weapon.

The breath weapon from half-dragon template is a flat 10+con mod in his case. I doubt even the +2 from ability focus will suffice in raising it to a reasonable DC, so my advice would be to just forget about it.

Alternative, go dragonborn, which has a scaling DC.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-09, 10:24 PM
Re: A 413

While one could argue that it's only for spells, it's not really. It's for weaponlike spells... And:
Weaponlike Spell Feats: A character who uses invocations or spell-like abilities might be able to take advantage of feats such as Weapon Focus or Precise Shot

As a full-round action, you can make a single melee touch attack as if wielding a reach weapon.
The qualifier might, coupled with the fact that the invocation simulates wielding a reach weapon ─ none of which are light ─ means, to me, that you would need a specific statement either that

All touch attacks (not just touch spells) are treated as light weapons; or
A glaive (or Eldritch Glaive) qualifies for Weapon Finesse.

IdleMuse
2010-07-10, 12:58 AM
Q420

Can a Bard X/War Chanter 5/Seeker of the Song 2 sing three songs at once, or still only two?

Tanis HalfElven
2010-07-10, 01:10 AM
Q421

Does the Healthful Rest spell double the amount of ability burn naturally healed, or just ability damage?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 01:16 AM
A 421

Healthful Rest doubles only hit points and ability damage recovery.

Math_Mage
2010-07-10, 01:24 AM
Huh, I would've thought doubling your natural healing rate was sufficiently indirect to bypass the magical healing restriction.

A 420

Still only two; the two instances of Combine Song don't stack.

You know what, that's...ambiguous enough that I'm going to shut up now.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 01:32 AM
Huh, I would've thought doubling your natural healing rate was sufficiently indirect to bypass the magical healing restriction.
Since Healthful Rest immediately follows its "Healthful rest doubles the subjects’ natural healing rate" statement with an explanation of specifically what is doubled (hit points and ability damage recovery), there's no exception for the standard Ability Burn limit:

Ability Burn

This is a special form of ability damage that cannot be magically or psionically healed.

Tanis HalfElven
2010-07-10, 01:41 AM
That's why I thought it would work, it's not magically healing it, it's magically increasing how much you [B]naturally[B] heal.

The reason I figured it didn't mention it, is that it doesn't mention psionics in the description of any other spell, and they simply forgot to state it.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 01:52 AM
A 420
Stacking

In most cases, modifiers to a given check or roll stack (combine for a cumulative effect) if they come from different sources and have different types (or no type at all), but do not stack if they have the same type or come from the same source (such as the same spell cast twice in succession).
You are not able to benefit from multiple sources that have the same name more then once. You can combine multiple types of music (bardic, war chanter, or seeker) if you are a Bard with both War Chanter and Seeker of the Song Combine Songs. However, if both of these provide a modifier to a specific check or roll they will not stack. For instance, the War Chanter Inspire Recklessness cannot be combined with the Seeker of the Song Rapture of the Song, because both provide a modifier to armor class.

Math_Mage
2010-07-10, 02:06 AM
A 420 You can combine multiple types of music (bardic, war chanter, or seeker) if you are a Bard with both War Chanter and Seeker of the Song Combine Songs. However, if both of these provide a modifier to a specific check or roll they will not stack. For instance, the War Chanter Inspire Recklessness cannot be combined with the Seeker of the Song Rapture of the Song, because both provide a modifier to armor class.

What IdleMuse was asking is whether the (Su) ability Combine Songs from War Chanter, and the (Ex) ability Combine Songs from Seeker of the Song, allow the character to combine three songs or only two. I'm 95% sure that they don't; the only way they could is if a pair of music abilities combined through the War Chanter's ability counts as one music ability for the Seeker's combine ability, which was the point of ambiguity I recused myself for.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 03:35 AM
What IdleMuse was asking is whether the (Su) ability Combine Songs from War Chanter, and the (Ex) ability Combine Songs from Seeker of the Song, allow the character to combine three songs or only two. I'm 95% sure that they don't; the only way they could is if a pair of music abilities combined through the War Chanter's ability counts as one music ability for the Seeker's combine ability, which was the point of ambiguity I recused myself for. Well, the plain answer to the question is no, but only because it's asking the wrong thing: there's never more than one song; both versions of Combine Songs are clear that the songs are combined, not sung independently. So a War Chanter Combine Songs can combine two types of Bardic music, or Bardic music + War Chanter music. With that result, a Seeker of the Song Combine Songs could combine it with either more Bardic music or Seeker music.

I guess the only other limitation is that you can't combine two instances of Seeker music (which yields only Seeker music), or two instances of War Chanter music (which yields only War Chanter music), and then hope to further combine the song, because Bardic music is the only common requirement for using both versions of Combine Songs.

Yora
2010-07-10, 09:00 AM
Q422 You can benefit from Combat Expertise and Power Attack only if you have a BAB of +1 or higher, but it is not a prerequsite to have a BAB +1.
So you can learn a feat, which you can not use. Is there any errata or other clarification regarding this? Looks a lot like someone made an oversight to me.

Runestar
2010-07-10, 09:18 AM
Q422 You can benefit from Combat Expertise and Power Attack only if you have a BAB of +1 or higher, but it is not a prerequsite to have a BAB +1.
So you can learn a feat, which you can not use. Is there any errata or other clarification regarding this? Looks a lot like someone made an oversight to me.

It would allow a monk to take cleave, or a rogue get improved trip/disarm at 1st lv. Alternatively, a 3/4 bab class can take it at 1st lv and use it at 2nd lv, rather than having to wait till 3rd lv.

Seems to me the real oversight was having weapon finesse require +1bab...:smallfrown:

Rin_Hunter
2010-07-10, 09:21 AM
Q423 This has had me wondering for a while. Are you able to make a full attack with a bow?

Runestar
2010-07-10, 09:25 AM
Q423 This has had me wondering for a while. Are you able to make a full attack with a bow?

Yes, since you draw your arrows as free actions (or non-actions, treated as part of firing).

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 09:34 AM
Yes, since you draw your arrows as free actions (or non-actions, treated as part of firing). It's always good to have the right answer rather than raise another question.

When using a bow, a character can draw ammunition as a free action; crossbows and slings require an action for reloading.

WarKitty
2010-07-10, 10:23 AM
q424

What book is dragonwrought in?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-10, 10:50 AM
A 424

It's in Races of the Dragon on page 100. The WotC online feat index (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats) is quite helpful.

powerdemon
2010-07-10, 10:51 AM
A 381
There is an optional rule that if you roll 3 20's in a row for attack rolls that you auto-kill the target. I believe it's in a sidebar of the PHB next to criticals in the combat chapter.

A 381 [correction] No.

I knew I'd find it eventually! Dungeon Master's Guide page 28, the sidebar at the bottom of the page labeled Variant: Instant Kill. Three 20's in a row is an instant kill using that variant.

PId6
2010-07-11, 01:32 PM
Q 425

I've heard that psionic powers are technically considered SLAs and thus feats like Quicken SLA apply to them, but I can't find a line that confirms this. Can someone give me the source for this? Or, if it's not true, is it some vestige of 3.0 psionics or something like that?

Claudius Maximus
2010-07-11, 02:09 PM
A 425

Psi-Like Abilities (Ps)

The manifestation of powers by a psionic character is considered a psi-like ability, as is the manifestation of powers by creatures without a psionic class (creatures with the psionic subtype, also simply called psionic creatures).

Emphasis mine.

Psi-Like Abilities And Feats

Creatures with access to psi-like abilities can use the feats Empower Spell-Like Ability and Quicken Spell-Like Ability.

These feats can be used only on psi-like abilities that do not have increased effects due to augmentation. Furthermore, the creature can empower only a psi-like ability with a level less than or equal to half its manifester level (round down) minus 2, and can quicken only a psi-like ability with a level less than or equal to half its manifester level (round down) minus 4.

It looks like you can apply Empower Spell-Like Ability and Quicken Spell-Like Ability to qualifying powers, but not other similar feats, since psionics-magic transparency does not normally apply to feats.

KillianHawkeye
2010-07-11, 06:27 PM
A 425 correction

Psi-like abilities are not the same as psionic powers. Psionic powers are similar to spells and are not considered SLAs (or PLAs) at all, and have their own metapsionic feats used to modify them.

However, certain monsters that have the Psionics ability but don't use the rules for psionic powers usually have a list of spell-like abilities.

StreetPizza
2010-07-11, 10:02 PM
Q 426

Does mithral heavy armor, treated as medium, gain benefits from Heavy Armor Optimization from Races of Stone?

Of course, I think this is somewhat unbalanced and munchkin-esque (both Heavy Armor Optimization feats combined with mithral reduce the ACP to 0 on fullplate), but the entry on mithral in the SRD states "Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations."

"For purposes of movement and other limitations." - does this imply that for all other purposes, the armor is still heavy and thus gains benefits from Heavy Armor Optimization?

Thurbane
2010-07-11, 10:40 PM
Q 427

Regarding Green Slime: is there a listed DC to spot it on a ceiling; and when it drops onto a victim, does it need to make an attack roll, or is the victim allowed a Reflex save to avoid it? The SRD entry seems lacking in information...does the DMG go into more detail?

dextercorvia
2010-07-12, 12:12 AM
Q 428 If a 7th level Telepath with the Practiced Manifester feat manifests Schism, would the second mind benefit from the Practiced Manifester feat ie. have a ML of 5 instead of 1?

Sliver
2010-07-12, 12:21 AM
Q 426

Does mithral heavy armor, treated as medium, gain benefits from Heavy Armor Optimization from Races of Stone?

Of course, I think this is somewhat unbalanced and munchkin-esque (both Heavy Armor Optimization feats combined with mithral reduce the ACP to 0 on fullplate), but the entry on mithral in the SRD states "Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations."

"For purposes of movement and other limitations." - does this imply that for all other purposes, the armor is still heavy and thus gains benefits from Heavy Armor Optimization?

Up to the DM. Either he counts mithral as being a lighter category for feats such as proficiency or he doesn't. But it's possible that he allows for it both, like Powerful Build.

Q 427

Regarding Green Slime: is there a listed DC to spot it on a ceiling; and when it drops onto a victim, does it need to make an attack roll, or is the victim allowed a Reflex save to avoid it? The SRD entry seems lacking in information...does the DMG go into more detail?

No, the DMG doesn't have more detail about it. Up to the DM.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-12, 01:39 AM
A 426 Yes.
Most mithral armors are one category lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Feat prerequisites and benefits are not included in the category of "movement and other limitations".
Prerequisites

Some feats have prerequisites. Your character must have the indicated ability score, class feature, feat, skill, base attack bonus, or other quality designated in order to select or use that feat. A character can gain a feat at the same level at which he or she gains the prerequisite.

A character can’t use a feat if he or she has lost a prerequisite.

Prerequisite: A minimum ability score, another feat or feats, a minimum base attack bonus, a minimum number of ranks in one or more skills, or a class level that a character must have in order to acquire this feat. This entry is absent if a feat has no prerequisite. A feat may have more than one prerequisite.

PId6
2010-07-12, 10:17 AM
Q 428 If a 7th level Telepath with the Practiced Manifester feat manifests Schism, would the second mind benefit from the Practiced Manifester feat ie. have a ML of 5 instead of 1?
Yes. You apply bonuses in the most beneficial order, so you apply the penalty from Schism before applying the bonus from Practiced Manifester, the total of which does not exceed your HD.

Ditto
2010-07-13, 09:30 AM
Q429

Do multiple entangle effects stack? (Halved movement --> 1/4 movement) or just the longest duration remains in effect?

If they stack, does this only affect movement or are the Dex and Attack penalties increased as well?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-13, 09:31 AM
A 429 No.

This seems to be a popular question, since it's already been asked twice this thread. The answer is still no. Entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled) is a defined condition, and it always has exactly the properties described ─ not more, and not less.

Leewei
2010-07-13, 09:46 AM
Knowing that I'm the one affected by this question, here's some input:

Entangled: The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

In general, a character either has a condition or does not. The same document has more explicit text about fear and fatigue:

Becoming Even More Fearful: Fear effects are cumulative. A shaken character who is made shaken again becomes frightened, and a shaken character who is made frightened becomes panicked instead. A frightened character who is made shaken or frightened becomes panicked instead.

Fatigued: A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.

The question in particular involves the use of Entangling Exhalation (or perhaps a similar special attack). Specifically, will multiple attacks which entangle a target accumulate? Clearly, I don't believe they will, but I've got something riding on the outcome. :smallwink:

EDIT: aaaand, ninja'd by someone with far more conciseness. :smallbiggrin:

Ditto
2010-07-13, 09:48 AM
I trust Curmudgeon, we're good. Now to avoid an AoO...

IdleMuse
2010-07-13, 10:11 AM
Q430 Is there a PrC (or more unlikely, a feat) which grants you a size increase permanent enough to qualify for "Special: Must be Large or larger" prereqs?

Ditto
2010-07-13, 10:48 AM
A430

Getting a Permanency'd Enlarge Person on a medium creature should do the trick.

Q429b
Does being entangled prevent 5 ft steps? The condition halves all movement, so I don't see how you'd be able to make a 2.5 ft. step for free and get 5 ft of movement out of that.

Keld Denar
2010-07-13, 10:51 AM
A 429b

You can not take a 5' step if your movement is hindered or impared, such as through difficult terrain. Its in the text for 5' steps.

Defiant
2010-07-13, 10:53 AM
A. 429b

You can only take a 5-foot step if your movement isn’t hampered by difficult terrain or darkness.

Entanglement, I would say qualifies as difficult terrain.

PId6
2010-07-13, 12:03 PM
A. 429b

Entanglement, I would say qualifies as difficult terrain.
A 429b Correction

It does not. Difficult terrain refers only to the terrain being of a specific nature; just having slower movement does not qualify. An entangled creature can still 5 ft step, as long as its movement speed is greater than 5 ft.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-13, 01:00 PM
Re: A 429b Correction

An entangled creature can still 5 ft step, as long as its movement speed is greater than 5 ft. From Rules Compendium, page 90:

5-Foot Step

As long as your movement isn’t hampered or prohibited, you can move 5 feet during a turn when you don’t take any other kind of movement.
This is a change from the Player's Handbook 5' step restrictions, which included only difficult terrain or darkness.
Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. Entangled meets the definition of hampered movement.

PId6
2010-07-13, 01:19 PM
Ah, Rules Compendium to the errata "clarification" once again!

GeminiVeil
2010-07-13, 04:33 PM
Q431
I don't know if this has been asked before, but can the feat Practiced Spellcaster (Comp Arcane, pg 82) be used to raise your caster level back up from something else that lowers it? Specifically, I was wondering if I would get my full caster lvl if I took the PrC Wild Mage (Same book pg 68-70), which lessens your caster lvl by 3, but gives you 1D6 of caster lvls each time you cast a spell. If my 10 Wizard/10 Wild mage cast a spell, would it still be 17th lvl caster+1D6 caster lvls, or would it be 20th lvl+1D6 caster lvls?

(apologies if I rambled some)

PId6
2010-07-13, 04:41 PM
A 431

Yes. You apply bonuses in the most beneficial order, so you'd end up with a caster level of 20 + 1d6 when you cast a spell. However, this might get some books thrown at you for cheese (though this is relatively innocuous as far as caster cheese goes).

EvilJoe15
2010-07-14, 12:15 PM
[b]Q432[b]

Can you apply Practiced Manifester to the ML granted by Hidden Talent?

Yora
2010-07-14, 12:41 PM
A432
Hidden Talent says "you are considered a 1st level manifester when manifesting this power."
Which I read as "and only for this situation".

Practiced Manifester says "Your manifester level for the chosen manifesting class increases by four." But you don't have a manifester class, so the answer would be no.

dextercorvia
2010-07-14, 03:22 PM
432 Clarification

The full quote contains "If you have psionic class levels, you can manifest the power at the highest manifester level you have attained." So if you have taken Hidden Talent, but also have levels in a Psionic class Practiced Manifester would apply normally to that class (Bonus of 4 to your manifester level up to HD).

Yora
2010-07-14, 03:30 PM
432 Clarification

The full quote contains "If you have psionic class levels, you can manifest the power at the highest manifester level you have attained." So if you have taken Hidden Talent, but also have levels in a Psionic class Practiced Manifester would apply normally to that class (Bonus of 4 to your manifester level up to HD).
Right before that the sentence starts with something like "If you don't have levels in a spellcasting class and the Hidden Talent feat..."
So you can have the feat and no spellcasting class. So it'd be still no.

dextercorvia
2010-07-14, 04:21 PM
Right before that the sentence starts with something like "If you don't have levels in a spellcasting class and the Hidden Talent feat..."
So you can have the feat and no spellcasting class. So it'd be still no.

I wasn't arguing against that.

Rasman
2010-07-14, 04:45 PM
Q433 Can a Monk Power Attack and Flurry of Blows at the same time?

Sliver
2010-07-14, 04:46 PM
I wasn't arguing against that.

What were you arguing against? The question was about ML granted by the feat. If you have a psionic class and take the feat, the feat doesn't grant you ML, so it is not relevant to the question.

dextercorvia
2010-07-14, 04:51 PM
What were you arguing against? The question was about ML granted by the feat. If you have a psionic class and take the feat, the feat doesn't grant you ML, so it is not relevant to the question.

True. I misread that portion of the question as asking if Practiced Manifester could be used with Hidden Talent period, and thought the answer given was incomplete. I have retracted my statement.

PId6
2010-07-14, 04:51 PM
Q433 Can a Monk Power Attack and Flurry of Blows at the same time?
A 433

Yes you can.

Coidzor
2010-07-14, 08:15 PM
Q434: What is the source of aurorum?

Consider making some +1 spell-storing aurorum dye arrows (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/ammunition/ammunition-bow-arrow-dye) with a least energy crystal attached to your bow.

PId6
2010-07-14, 08:17 PM
Q434: What is the source of aurorum?
A 434

Book of Exalted Deeds.

Thurbane
2010-07-14, 10:00 PM
A 433

Yes you can.
Q 433b

Is there any way to get an unarmed strike to count as two handed for purposes of PA, and still be usable in a flurry? From memory, there is a feat that does part of this, but uses an attack action and therefore cannot be flurried?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-14, 11:42 PM
A 433b

I don't think so. The feat you're thinking of is Hammer Fist from Races of Faerûn:
Benefit: You may make a single unarmed attack with both hands to add 1-1/2 your Strength bonus on the damage roll. This extra damage does not apply if you make a flurry of blows attack or you are holding anything in either hand.

OracleofWuffing
2010-07-14, 11:56 PM
Q 435 Is an intelligent item capable of gaining class levels?

Curmudgeon
2010-07-15, 12:17 AM
A 435
Magic items sometimes have intelligence of their own. Magically imbued with sentience, these items think and feel the same way characters do and should be treated as NPCs. NPCs attaining class levels is always at the individual DM's discretion, and the fact that an intelligent magic item accompanies a particular PC does not change that.

pluizig
2010-07-15, 10:08 AM
Q 436

What are the penalties/consequences for not sleeping a full night's rest (say, 5 or 6 hours) or sleeping in unfavorable circumstances (e.g. on the ground, or in a noisy environment)?

Yora
2010-07-15, 10:21 AM
A 436 The rules say nothing on this. It's entirely up the the DM.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-15, 10:21 AM
A 436

This is largely undefined. While most characters need to sleep or trance to not get fatigued, the standard rules don't specify how that happens except in specific circumstances.
Hustle

A character can hustle for 1 hour without a problem. Hustling for a second hour in between sleep cycles deals 1 point of nonlethal damage, and each additional hour deals twice the damage taken during the previous hour of hustling. A character who takes any nonlethal damage from hustling becomes fatigued. Note that moving your speed is always hustling.
A character moving his or her speed twice in a single round, or moving that speed in the same round that he or she performs a standard action or another move action is hustling when he or she moves.
Sleeping in Armor

A character who sleeps in medium or heavy armor is automatically fatigued the next day. He or she takes a -2 penalty on Strength and Dexterity and can’t charge or run. Sleeping in light armor does not cause fatigue.
Natural Healing

With a full night’s rest (8 hours of sleep or more), you recover 1 hit point per character level. Any significant interruption during your rest prevents you from healing that night.
Fatigued

A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.
Rest

To prepare her daily spells, a wizard must first sleep for 8 hours. ... If the character does not need to sleep for some reason, she still must have 8 hours of restful calm before preparing any spells.
The nightmare prevents restful sleep and causes 1d10 points of damage. The nightmare leaves the subject fatigued and unable to regain arcane spells for the next 24 hours.
Enough hustling or running without sleep will cause you fatigue, but exactly when fatigue sets in due solely to lack of sleep/trance isn't defined.

ka_bna
2010-07-15, 11:04 AM
Is it legal to enchant natural weapons (like claws or gore attacks) like manufactured weapons (like swords)? (The result would be for example a +1 flaming claw)
If so, what is the source?

PId6
2010-07-15, 12:20 PM
Is it legal to enchant natural weapons (like claws or gore attacks) like manufactured weapons (like swords)? (The result would be for example a +1 flaming claw)
If so, what is the source?
A 437

No, it is not. You would need either the Amulet of Natural Attacks (Savage Species) or Kensai levels (Complete Warrior) in order to do that.

Bushidough
2010-07-15, 05:29 PM
Q 438
How does the Rapid Creation ability of the ectopic adept (CP, p27) work?

By which I mean does it only ever produce a lvl 1 construct or can you augment it, and does that augmentation cost PP? (note that it's an EX ability)

Thieves
2010-07-15, 05:53 PM
Q 439: Do levels from different invocation-using classes stack for the purposes of determining what highest level of invocations I can choose to learn? (Dragonfire Adept + Warlock for instance.)

Watchers
2010-07-15, 05:54 PM
A439: No, they do not.

PId6
2010-07-15, 11:53 PM
Q 438
How does the Rapid Creation ability of the ectopic adept (CP, p27) work?

By which I mean does it only ever produce a lvl 1 construct or can you augment it, and does that augmentation cost PP? (note that it's an EX ability)
A 438

The ability allows you to manifest Astral Construct faster than usual a certain number of times per day. It doesn't matter how you manifest Astral Construct (whether you augment it, add Metapsionics, whatever), as long as you're manifesting that power. The ability itself does not allow you to manifest Astral Construct; it simply applies a benefit (reduce manifesting time) when you manifest that power.

abadguy
2010-07-16, 12:12 AM
Trying to bring in Magic of Incarnum into my next campaign. Did a search on this thread but can't quite find the answer to this question. I read up on the article on Rules of the Game regarding unarmed attacks part 3 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20070410a) but it all starts to get confusing when I try to bring in Totemist chakra binds and two weapon fighting

Q440: As a full attack action, do PCs get all their iterative attacks in addition to all their natural attacks? (albiet as secondary attacks)

Scenario 1: Does a dragon with 8 monk levels do two unarmed strikes at +6/+1 (full str) and follow that up with 1 claw, 2 wings, tail and bite as secondaries? (-5 to attack, 1/2 str) Referencing this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20070403a), its seems that the dragon in question loses 1 claw attack as it is being used for the unarmed strikes.

which links to:

Scenario 2: Does a human with 2 dragon disciple levels (which grant 2 claws and bite) make his usual iterative attacks with a one handed weapon (full str) and follow up with 1 claw and a bite? (-5 attack, 1/2 str)

and finally:

Scenario 3: Does a human with 2 dragon disciple levels (which grant 2 claws and bite) doing 2 weapon fighting make all his iterative attacks and follows up with a bite? (-5 attack, 1/2 str) I am assuming 2-weapon fighting penalties shouldn't apply to bite attacks.

Here's the tricky one ... to me at least:

Scenario 4: Does a totemist/monk with Threefold Mask of the Chimera, Girallion arms and Dragon Tail attack like the dragon in Scenario 1? i.e Unarmed iterative attacks + 2 bites/1 gore/4 claws/1 tail

Sorry for the length, thanks in advance for reading this.

PId6
2010-07-16, 12:47 AM
A 440

As a full attack action, do PCs get all their iterative attacks in addition to all their natural attacks? (albiet as secondary attacks)
Yes. If a 6th level Fighter with Improved Unarmed Strike and claw/claw/bite makes an attack, he attacks at +6 unarmed strike/+1 unarmed strike/+1 claw/+1 claw/+1 bite. Multiattack improves that to +6 UAS/+1 UAS/+4 claw/+4 claw/+4 bite.

Scenario 1: Does a dragon with 8 monk levels do two unarmed strikes at +6/+1 (full str) and follow that up with 1 claw, 2 wings, tail and bite as secondaries? (-5 to attack, 1/2 str) Referencing this article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20070403a), its seems that the dragon in question loses 1 claw attack as it is being used for the unarmed strikes.
No, he should get all natural attacks. Unarmed strikes are made using every part of your body, not just your fists. The dragon can make an unarmed strike with a kick, a body slam, a headbutt, or whatever else; he need not use a claw to perform it.

If the creature is wielding a weapon rather than using unarmed strikes, however, he would lose the claw attack from the hand(s) that wield the weapon.

Also note that since the dragon is a monk, he is allowed to use Flurry of Blows with his unarmed strikes, then apply his natural attacks after that as secondaries.

Scenario 2: Does a human with 2 dragon disciple levels (which grant 2 claws and bite) make his usual iterative attacks with a one handed weapon (full str) and follow up with 1 claw and a bite? (-5 attack, 1/2 str)
Assuming he's wielding the one-handed weapon in one of the claws, yes, that's exactly what happens.

Scenario 3: Does a human with 2 dragon disciple levels (which grant 2 claws and bite) doing 2 weapon fighting make all his iterative attacks and follows up with a bite? (-5 attack, 1/2 str) I am assuming 2-weapon fighting penalties shouldn't apply to bite attacks.
That is indeed what happens. You get your normal TWF attacks with the two weapons and the appropriate penalties, and then the secondary bite (which does not suffer the TWF penalties).

Scenario 4: Does a totemist/monk with Threefold Mask of the Chimera, Girallion arms and Dragon Tail attack like the dragon in Scenario 1? i.e Unarmed iterative attacks + 2 bites/1 gore/4 claws/1 tail
Threefold Mask of the Chimera does not allow you to gain all three natural attacks as secondary attacks; only one of them may be used as a secondary attack in a full attack. Also know that you're allowed to use Flurry of Blows with unarmed strikes in the same round that you use secondary natural weapons.

So, assuming you Flurry (at -2 penalty) and your base attack bonus is +6, your attack sequence would look like this: +4 unarmed strike/+4 unarmed strike/-1 unarmed strike/+1 bite or gore (from Threefold Mask)/+1 claw/+1 claw/+1 claw/+1 claw/+1 tail.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-07-16, 01:02 AM
Q 441

Suppose I have a spell of instantaneous duration that has an effect with a duration listed in rounds (or minutes, etc). Is there any way to extend the duration of that effect? If a specific example helps, is there any way to extend the daze effect on Orb of Fire? (Repeat spell doesn't count for the purposes of this inquiry.)

Archdeacon GX
2010-07-16, 02:42 AM
Q 442
In regards to the Hulking Hurler Prestige Class's Two-Handed Hurl Trick (Complete Warrior Page 41), which are all Full-Round Actions as noted in the feature description: Would two such tricks, for example Meteor Strike and Overburdened Heave, stack? Or would they each require their own separate Full Round Action? IE; Could I perform a Meteor Strike in the same action as an Overburdened Heave, and have the effects stack, or would I have to do them one round at a time?

SethFahad
2010-07-16, 04:52 AM
Q 443

Please help me increase by one die type the following:

1d3(old damage)...........3d6... and then???

1d6(old damage)...........3d8... and then???

Curmudgeon
2010-07-16, 04:53 AM
A 442 Yes.

As long as you fulfill the requirements for the Two-Handed Hurl Trick class feature, all compatible tricks may be used together.

Curmudgeon
2010-07-16, 04:59 AM
A 443

Weapon "die type" isn't the right term here; it's "size category". All weapon damage size increases (Dungeon Master's Guide, page 28) follow the same progression. So if you find any instance of 3d6 in the table, one step to the right of that value represents the next size increase: in this case, to 4d6. Similarly, 3d8 increases to 4d8.

Edit: I'm not sure how you're getting from 1d6 to 3d8, though.

pluizig
2010-07-16, 05:44 AM
Q 444

Can you use Cleave after you drop an enemy with an Attack of Opportunity?

Math_Mage
2010-07-16, 06:04 AM
A 444

Provided you haven't used it yet during the round, yes. You can trigger Cleave any time you deal enough damage to a creature to make it drop, including on an Attack of Opportunity.

SethFahad
2010-07-16, 06:05 AM
A 443
Edit: I'm not sure how you're getting from 1d6 to 3d8, though.

I've PMed you.

StreetPizza
2010-07-16, 01:50 PM
Q 445

Does a magical enhancement bonus on armor (i.e., +5 full plate) lessen Armor Check Penalty?