PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] Making Mummies

Rensvind
2010-04-07, 04:00 PM
Hi there!

I'm DMing a campaign which takes place in a sort of pseudo-egyptian country, and now my cleric player wants to know how to make mummies (only for defense, she promised me) and I don't really know were to start (I was thinking of just adding the template in Libris Mortis, that's the easiest way). Maybe something requiring Profession (Herbalist)? (I saw that Anubis in Dieties & Demigods had a lot of that skill, so maybe it's important in Mummy-making?)

Any one of you have any idea? XP cost should be part of it I guess, makes sense to me...

thanks for any advice!
/ Rensvind

PS. I just can't hold it in, one of my players learned how unpredictable the Reincarnate spell can be :smallbiggrin: After a little homebrewing of the spell (which all players agreed on) dices were rolled openly, and our overly aggressive Male Halfling Barbarian (think chibi-wolverine) was reborn as a Female Elf :smalltongue:
That'll teach him not to go toe-to-toe with the miniboss every single time :smallbiggrin: DS

Shiva asori
2010-04-07, 04:16 PM
a Core spell, Create Undead, works but you need caster level 15 at least.

They could buy a scroll of create undead at caster level 15 and then just cast the spell at night.

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-07, 08:20 PM
I think that it would be best to just research how they actually made a mummy in ancient Egypt, then base it off of that (if you want to be realistic). You should probably use several skill checks, then when it's done, add the template like you said.

herrhauptmann
2010-04-07, 09:18 PM
Make the cost of ingredients (unguents, salt, canopic jars etc) cost the same as a scroll of create undead from a 15th level cleric.
Throw in a few skill checks of Profession:Embalmer.
If the scroll is above her level in some way, she'd need a spellcraft check to cast. So something similar for a profession check. But since you're substituting a spellcraft check, witha profession:embalmer, you should probably make the check a little lower than the spell craft check would be, but have several of them.

Failure at different points uses up different amounts of the ingredients.