PDA

View Full Version : Outside XIV: More animals than you can shake a stick at. Yes the PCs.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 09:17 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Castle Silhouette]
Genesis' base of operations.

[Club Banana]
Here be primates of all sorts and much silliness? An aircraft hanger turned into a club used exclusively by intelligent apes.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Special: Reinholdt will update the Outside threads and post new ones when it is time. Please don't post a new thread without his permission or he is away for an extended period of time.
Thank you.

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 09:19 PM
Mountain Cave East Dungeon, B4

She turns to face him. "Hm. I don't know," she answers, putting her fists on her hips.

"I haven't planned that far out yet. I'm thinking that, after I get out, I'm going to get married first after going to visit a lot of places. Then, I'm going to make some friends, and then...I don't know. Maybe I'll want to do something to the world after that. Like I said, I haven't planned that far out yet."

She shrugs, then turns back to face this floor of the dungeon.
Thanks, for giving me time to think. :smallsmile: Bye!
Aww... Reinholdt feels bad for her. Even if she was a little creepy. Not nearly as creepy as some of the other stuff though, so he'll probably try to help her out. Besides, he already let out one mass murderer ancient evil. What's the worse that could happen?

"So what's stopping you from leaving then? The Skeleton King?"

McBish
2010-04-07, 09:23 PM
[Island]

"So it seems, yes, on both counts." Val follows. "Things are quite different here than on my world, though. For one, magic is open here."

Yeah, it is a little hard to get used to the idea. I just like to think that some people just carry really advanced gizmos in their pockets that pull of fancy things sometimes. He pulls out a couple of hammocks and a large beach umbrella and there is a fire pit which he promptly lights up.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 09:31 PM

"Yes...that's part of it," she says to Reinholdt. "There's also some other parts to it, but it doesn't matter anyway, because there's no chance they're going to happen anyway."

Red turns around now, away from Reinholdt again, and cheerfully starts to walk into the room.

They're up on a catwalk right now, and it's a large room. Below, are all sorts of animals. Nonnatural ones. Even less natural than unicorns.
There's silverish rhinolike creatures with metal skin thicker than armor, black sabertooth tigerlike creatures, prowling below, and all sorts of uninmagineable beasts.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 09:36 PM
Yeah, it is a little hard to get used to the idea. I just like to think that some people just carry really advanced gizmos in their pockets that pull of fancy things sometimes. He pulls out a couple of hammocks and a large beach umbrella and there is a fire pit which he promptly lights up.

[Island]

"Yeah, I would, except I'm one of the people for whom Clarke's Third Law could be taken either as-is or as its corrollary."
Val chuckles and notices the hammocks and fire pit. "You own little hideaway, then? Nice place."

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 09:49 PM

"Well what if I could help?"

Reinholdt continues on. After a while he decides to stop looking down too. Those things are just freaky.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 09:49 PM
[Bal's Hidden Lair]

Bal and Angie appear in a jail cell. Bals steps back from her and melds out of the bars of her cell.

Now then Angie.

Bal laughs.

McBish
2010-04-07, 09:50 PM
[Island]

"Yeah, I would, except I'm one of the people for whom Clarke's Third Law could be taken either as-is or as its corrollary."
Val chuckles and notices the hammocks and fire pit. "You own little hideaway, then? Nice place."

Yeah I like it. Come around every now and then to just sit around and relax. So tell me about yourself. Why did you join the military.

[Bal's Lair]

Angie still wearing the bracelet that connects her to Ark thinks, "I need help."

She stares at him looking unimpressed.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 09:52 PM
((v.v
*glares at X* Don't hurt Angie. :smallannoyed::smallcool:))

"It is a nice place."
Val takes a seat on a log and thinks a bit as she relaxes.
"It seemed like a good idea at the time, I suppose. In my family, going back generations, there's a strong instinct to defend and protect those who can't defend or protect themselves."

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 09:53 PM

"Well, I don't think you can," says Jess, after a bit of thinking. "You might be able to, but I don't know."

She shrugs, and is still walking across the creaky and rusted catwalk.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 09:54 PM
Bal laughs all the harder. And I (XtheYeti) totally forgot about that bracelet...and it totally screws my own plot...which is so funny that I will just go ahead and destroy my own plot.

Ark taps Bal on his shoulder.

What the?

I took precautions idiot. Bracelet.

F(bad word)!!!!!!!

McBish
2010-04-07, 09:55 PM
Angie just shakes her head and will take a seat yawning a bit.

((Damn, I was hoping for a breaking of Angie.))

[Island]

Donald nods. I can understand that I suppose. I know when I joined up it was more to get my hands on the newest things they were flying around.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 09:58 PM
Angie just shakes her head and will take a seat yawning a bit.

((Damn, I was hoping for a breaking of Angie.))

It can still happen...like this!

Ark grins.

Looks like I'm just going to have to take Angie back to HALO then come back here and...

All of a sudden Ark is blasted from 8 directions by lightning traps.

You're an idiot brother. I trapped this place out the butt.

Bal turns back to Angie.

Anyone else you want to sacrifice to me?

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 10:00 PM

"Well... what needs to be done?"

Reinholdt takes note of the creaking and starts keeping an eye on where he's stepping so if it falls in or something he's ready to fly.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 10:01 PM
Well, Meidani looks out in interest. But there isn't much she can do until then.

{{Why what? :smallconfused:}}

A little kid appears to now be looking through, upside down.

((Why I knew that.))

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:04 PM
It can still happen...like this!

Ark grins.

Looks like I'm just going to have to take Angie back to HALO then come back here and...

All of a sudden Ark is blasted from 8 directions by lightning traps.

You're an idiot brother. I trapped this place out the butt.

Bal turns back to Angie.

Anyone else you want to sacrifice to me?

How about Ark again when he comes around? Angie says shrugging a bit. She figures if Bal comes back as long as Ark is alive the same is true the other way.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 10:06 PM
Meidani smiles at him, but otherwise doesn't do much. Except wonder when they'll come to check on her. :smalltongue:

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:06 PM

"Well, first, I would need to get something back that's mine. I think it's in the throne room. And, Emmaline would need to be taken care of, because there's something in the treasury that she's not allowed to have." The catwalk creaks once more - it's a big, long creak, but Red doesn't seem to mind.

Reinholdt may notice that, up ahead, part of the catwalk is very loose, and breaking a little. Some weight would bring the shear force too great so that it would tear. "And then, something would have to be done with these prisoners, though I don't know what." She continues walking.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 10:07 PM
Bal laughs.

You think I killed him? I'm not an idiot. Death is as little of a bother to him as it is to me. He's simply unconscious. And I have things to keep him that way.

Ark is picked up, put on a table, and four IV's are put in his arms.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 10:07 PM
[Island]

"That too," Val chuckles. "How many types have you flown?"

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:09 PM
[Island]

More then I can remember. I've flown pretty much any kind of commercial or military aircraft that I could get my hands on, and during my life that has been a lot. He says with a shrug.

[Bal's]

Angie just watches. So what now?

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 10:12 PM
Bal laughs.

So now I torture you until your mind snaps like a twig. Then I patch you mind back up and do it again. Then I get serious.

...He's not kidding...and he starts getting out the implements to do just that...

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 10:12 PM
Meidani smiles at him, but otherwise doesn't do much. Except wonder when they'll come to check on her. :smalltongue:

He darts away then. Probably some sort of evil magic smile.

For quite a while, no one comes.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 10:13 PM
Meidani sighs, and waits.

...she's starting to wonder why.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 10:17 PM
Eventually, the locks click open again, and someone knocks on the door.
"Meidani?"

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:18 PM
[Bal's]

Angie steels herself seeing the tools. She recognizes many of them and memories flash in her mind. She shows nothing though, an impassive look on her face.

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 10:18 PM

"Watch out for that part of the catwalk." Reinholdt starts floating instead of walking. The downside is it turns him pink. Like every part of him pink. Eyes, hair, skin.

"So you're in charge of the prisoners here then?" Sometimes voice too.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 10:21 PM
[Bal's]

Angie steels herself seeing the tools. She recognizes many of them and memories flash in her mind. She shows nothing though, an impassive look on her face.

[Bal's hidden place of torture and other very bad things]

Due to the graphical nature of what is about to take place, I suggest that there is a non-sexual curtain. Because unless Angie has a way to stop him, Bal is going to torture her until she goes nuts now....and that's pretty graphic...and I don't really feel like posting most of his actions...so...If it's ok with you...I'm not going to.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 10:23 PM
[Island]

"Same here. Spent a while going out of my way to fly oddballs." Val chuckles. "Including a jet biplane cropduster."

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:25 PM

"Watch out for that part of the catwalk." Reinholdt starts floating instead of walking. The downside is it turns him pink. Like every part of him pink. Eyes, hair, skin.

"So you're in charge of the prisoners here then?" Sometimes voice too.

Grumblegrumblenotlettingmekillheroffgrumble...

"Well, yes, I am. The entire dungeon, but I don't enter here very often. Only once every couple months, and I rarely go down the first stairs." She shrugs, not caring that he's turned pink, and stops in front of the broken catwalk.

She looks at it, then goes over to the far right side, where it's still fairly intact, and grabs onto the handrail. She slowly goes across, only slipping once, letting part of the grate fall forever and clatter on the ground.

Red reaches the other side with little more than a little cut on her leg.

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:30 PM
[Island]

A jet Biplane? That just seems unnecessary, though I grew up flying crop dusters.

And you worked with alien tech huh? So I assume you guys had been flying in space.

[Bal's]

That is fine. Though during the start Angie will just stare at him not showing any signs of pain, and even offering some advice on how to torturer better.

But after awhile her body is sweating and shaking, but her eyes seem calm and unaffected. And a few hours into it she releases a strong empathic scream of pain. She shows no sign of overwhelming pain or fear though her empathic shout might suggest otherwise, or maybe it is just a memory. But it will be sense able for a good number of miles. So depending on how far away they are it might hit the city.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 10:33 PM
[Bal's]

That is fine. Though during the start Angie will just stare at him not showing any signs of pain, and even offering some advice on how to torturer better.

But after awhile her body is sweating and shaking, but her eyes seem calm and unaffected. And a few hours into it she releases a strong empathic scream of pain. She shows no sign of overwhelming pain or fear though her empathic shout might suggest otherwise, or maybe it is just a memory. But it will be sense able for a good number of miles. So depending on how far away they are it might hit the city.

550 miles away from Inside. And Bal will torture her for as long as it takes to utterly shatter her mind. No rest, no stopping, just different types of pain in different places so that she can't just get used to it.

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 10:37 PM

If you really want to kill her off you can. :smalltongue:
Reinholdt will be sad though. All she seems to want is a normal life. Like he does on occasion.
He doesn't really ever get it though.

Reinholdt lands again, once safely on the other side, though still keeping an eye on the catwalk. "So... if you were able to leave, you could say return here once every few months just to check up on things then leave again, right? Or maybe even hire someone else to do it. And what is it that your sister can't have?"

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:38 PM
[Bal's]

Angie will take a long time to break. And even when she does it doesn't look like it. Just a blank look on her face. Though a good sign of it is when she shifts trying to cut open veins and kill herself while being tortured.

Well in that case no one will probably hear the empathic scream unless they are very sensitive, it covers about 50 miles of country side and will probably incapacitate most people for several seconds.

XtheYeti
2010-04-07, 10:41 PM
[Bal's Evile Place of Bad stuff]

after Angie is broken Bal will remover her desire to commit suicide with magic, then knock her unconscious, and teleport her and Ark back to HALO

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:43 PM

Red starts walking again, the basket somehow still in her hands, even though I keep on forgetting about it.

"Well, I guess I could do that," says Red. It sounds like a good plan. "There's something in a large chest that she can't have. I don't know what it is, but I know that she wants it, and that's why she can't have it. I even caught her sneaking over here a bunch of times."

The rest of the catwalk looks fine. Great, in fact, and it's in good condition. Good condition, all the way to the stairs that spiral down to the beasts below, then down to the next floor. "I told her that I would kill her if I caught her again. But she doesn't seem to listen to me."

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 10:46 PM
[Island]

It's a real plane, too...
"It was rather odd," Val states, chuckling. "And yeah, about twelve years ago they dug up a transportation device and since then we've explored the galaxy, brought down three alien empires doing so."

Reinholdt
2010-04-07, 10:47 PM

"Oh. I see."
Don't get curious. Don't get curious. Don't...
Gah!
Reinholdt simply must see what's in the chest now!

But he's not there. Probably a good thing.
"The thing you lost? It's your eye right? I saw at on my way here. I may be able to get it for you. And I'll most certainly be taking care of your sister." Must end world-enders.

((deadtime))

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:50 PM
[Island]

Donald nods. What kind of teleportation device? He asks curiously keeping the fire going strong so he can cook on it in a bit.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-07, 10:50 PM

They're nearing the stairs right now. "Really?" She brightens up again, and would hug Reinholdt once more if he wasn't hovering and if he was a little closer.

"I would love that," she says, smiling.

She begins to descend the stairs now, smiling, despite only having one eye.

((Bye!))

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 10:55 PM
"The race that built it called it [i]astria porta, but we call it a stargate," Val explains, "which is a translation of which a later race, the first empire we knocked over, called it. We used it for awhile before we were able to start building our own ships. I've only been in the program for the last four years though."

McBish
2010-04-07, 10:57 PM
[Island]

Donald nods. Huh, I think I actually saw a few of those. Never held a whole lot of interest for me.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 10:58 PM
Eventually, the locks click open again, and someone knocks on the door.
"Meidani?"

Meidani looks over. Come in.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 11:01 PM
[Island]

"...there's a Gate network in this reality?"
Val leans forwards, surprised, and curious.

McBish
2010-04-07, 11:04 PM
[Island]

Not anyone around here, but a couple of galaxies over I saw one or two in my travels.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:13 PM
Meidani looks over. Come in.

Censhuliel opens the door and climbs in.
"Good morning. Are you doing alright?"

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:14 PM
Yes, I am. Slept all right.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:15 PM
"Glad to hear it. Sorry it's taken me so long to let you out."

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:16 PM
It's all right.

Was there a reason why?

Meidani gets up, and walks to the door.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:18 PM
"I had some people to meet with from a village nearby, and it would have looked bad to go out of my way for your sake, after what all was discussed yesterday. Sorry."

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:20 PM
No, it's quite all right.

Meidani sits down on the edge of the wagon, then slips down to the ground. I wouldn't want you to go out of your way on my account anyway- you've got other duties here.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:22 PM
"Occasionally"
Censhu comes down after her.
"Mostly I just hunt and make things like everyone else."

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 11:23 PM
"...

You travel a lot, don't you then?"
Val shakes her head bemusedly.
"Parrarel timelines are weird."

((They were like the gates from [i]Universe, weren't they? :smallamused:))

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:24 PM
But you still have responsibilities here.

So, what would I do during the day? Just find somewhere to sit and keep out of the way?

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:26 PM
"Hmm, let's see, what was it...? Oh, you don't have to keep out of the way necessarily. Just don't interfere with anyone.
Don't try to leave.
Is there something you would like to do other?"

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:29 PM
Well, if there's anything I can help with while my arms are behind my back, sure. Other than that, though...

Meidani shrugs. Not being a typical prisoner, am I?

She chuckles a bit.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:30 PM
"You aren't really, no. We haven't had to imprison anyone else before. I suppose we should keep you locked up to think, should we not?"

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:32 PM
Meidani chuckles some more. Or chain me to a tree or something- that's what people normally do with prisoners. Then again, you aren't being typical jailers, either.

McBish
2010-04-07, 11:32 PM
"...

You travel a lot, don't you then?"
Val shakes her head bemusedly.
"Parrarel timelines are weird."

((They were like the gates from [i]Universe, weren't they? :smallamused:))

((Maybe...))

I've had a long life, and been many places. But for now, I enjoy sitting on this beach eating crabs. Speaking of which... He says standing up and taking of his sandals and shirt.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:35 PM
"The trees are so far away though. Maybe in the center of camp, so people can throw fruit at you?" Yet another joke, if Meidani can tell.

The Bushranger
2010-04-07, 11:36 PM
((^_^))

"Better eating crabs than having them eating you. You don't want to know what we found on M4D-823."

It was a Giant Enemy Crab!
...naturally, they attacked its weak point for massive damage.

"Need help catching crabs, or do you prefer to do it by hand?"

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:38 PM
Yes, but then you'd have to set up a post or something...

Meidani is chuckling as well. If there's nothing else I can do, you might as well just tie me to something. So you know where I am.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:39 PM
"Alright. Would you like a book? It might be hard to read, but it's something."

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:41 PM
Hmmm... what do you have? If I can figure out a way to turn pages with my feet, I might.

I might just sit somewhere and watch life go by, on the other hand.

Or I could see if I could get out of a locked chest. But that'd only be if I was really bored.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:42 PM
"A little bit. Come look."
Censhu goes over to the back of one wagon and opens a locked case, which has a small and random collection of books and scrolls.
Up to you if Meidani likes anything there.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:45 PM
Meidani has a look at the scrolls, seeing a few... Hmmm... not really. I'll just sit and watch life go by then, I suppose. Trying to escape from the chest is probably a bad idea. You'd have to empty one out.

She chuckles.

Or have a random kid approach her and find out she isn't so bad. Isn't that how these things work? :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:47 PM
That is how these things work. Censhuliel will lead Meidani over to a group of rocks and tie her to one. The kids who had been sitting on the other rocks, and the one older one watching them lazily draw away from the Exalted.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:49 PM
Meidani simply sits back and relaxes, watching life go by. If one of the kids wants to come over and talk to the chained and tied up woman... :smalltongue:

{{...how do you tie someone to a rock, anyway? :smallconfused:}}

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:52 PM
((With several loops of rope around the rock in various parts and directions.))

Not yet. They're just staring at the Solar for now, as Censhuliel has reluctantly walked away. Though eventually they surely will.

horngeek
2010-04-07, 11:54 PM
Meidani smiles at them, but isn't about to come over. :smalltongue:

{{It'd have to be a narrow rock...}}

McBish
2010-04-07, 11:56 PM
[Island]

Actually I have a trap set up not to far from here. Should only take a second. He says wading out into the water.

Recaiden
2010-04-07, 11:58 PM
((Or a long rope or oddly shaped rock))

"What is it, anathema? Why are you on our rock?"

The Bushranger
2010-04-08, 12:00 AM
[Island]

"Ah."
Val sets asides thoughts of zatting for crabs. :smalltongue:

((Also, I must be off, g'nite!))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:01 AM
{{Good point. I'd say oddly shaped rock}}

Well, I'm tied to it so that I don't wander off anywhere.

Meidani looks at him. Sorry. I didn't mean to take up your rock.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:04 AM
"Why not wander off?"
One of them takes a slight movement closer.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:06 AM
Well, some of the people here are worried about me, and I'm like this so they don't have to worry.

As long as they don't try to physically harm her, Meidani makes no attempt to stop them moving closer. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:11 AM
"Just some? Aren't the rest afraid of you too?"

:smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:15 AM
Meidani chuckles. All right, then. Most of them.

Have they told you why?

How much freedom of movement does Meidani have, anyway?

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:17 AM
"You're trying to control Miss Censhuliel, and then take over the world."

She can move about a foot from the rock, and her legs are free.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:20 AM
Meidani looks at him for a moment. ...no, I'm not trying to control her. Or take over the world.

She tries to figure out how exactly to explain it. This is going to be difficult...

how to explain the Solar Bond to a young boy? :smalltongue:

{{Wait, so there's a tether or something tying her to the rock, or is the same rope going around her and the rock? :smallconfused:

I'm just trying to figure out what she can do, here. :smalltongue:}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:25 AM
((It's a tether, around her hands/arms.))

"Uh-huh."
"What are you trying then?" asks a girl hiding behind him.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:27 AM
{{Ah. Got it- my initial image was the rope going around her, and the rock in the same loop}}

Meidani looks at her. To show everyone here that I'm not so bad, really.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:30 AM
"Why?" asks the first boy. "That would help you take over too, if you tricked us."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:33 AM
Why do your parents think I am trying to take over the world?

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:36 AM
"'Cause you are. You're a Solar, or something."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:39 AM
Meidani looks at them. So, they think all the Solars are bad people?

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:42 AM
"Well, they're trying to take over the world, aren't they?"
Are they just confused in saying 'they'?

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:45 AM
No. We try to change the world. Some Solars are bad people, and want to take over the world because they want to tell people what to do, but some just want to make peoples' lives better.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:46 AM
"Why don't you go do that then?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:50 AM
Meidani looks at them. Well, for one thing, I'm tied to a rock.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:52 AM
"Oh."
The girl steps out, and sneaks over to try to untie Meidani.
"We'll you go off and help the world, okay?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:55 AM
Meidani moves her wrists to avoid the girl trying to untie her. Don't do that! You'll get in really, really bad trouble from your parents if you do. REALLY bad.

She actually looks pretty scared right now.

{{How long do you have left on?}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 12:57 AM
"No; they're nice." she says, and tries to keep on with the untying. She's not tied to a rock, so maybe it'll work.
"What are you worried about?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 12:59 AM
Meidani keeps trying to move out of reach. There's a rule that says anyone who lets me go has to be killed. Them being nice has nothing to do with it, they'd have to do it.

She's looking even more worried now. Please, don't.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 01:01 AM
"That's silly. They wouldn't kill us." And she keeps after the ropes, probably getting hold of them, at least.
"I don't know..."
((Aren't punishments usually less severe for children? They could be right.))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 01:04 AM
Don't risk it. Please. Just stop.

She may get a hold of the ropes, but Meidani won't make it easy for her to untie her. She trying to keep any knots out of her hands.

{{Censhu didn't say it would be less severe for the kids. Therefore, Meidani assumes the worst.

This is exactly the sort of situation she wanted to avoid way back when she first learnt about that rule}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 01:07 AM
Meidani's probably strong enough to do so, and the girl sits on the same rock and pouts. :smallfrown:

((But it would be. Probably they wouldn't even kill adults. Wouldn't always be the maximum sentence.))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 01:10 AM
Listen, maybe they wouldn't kill you, but I don't want to risk it anyway. All right?

{{Answer to that right above.

Also, how long do you have left?}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 01:11 AM
"Awww."

((Yes, thank you. :smallsmile:))
((Actually, not long. 1 more post.))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 01:13 AM
And... it's difficult to help people when they don't trust you. So, if I show people they can trust me, then I can help them better if they need help. See?

{{When will you be back?}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 01:15 AM
"Okay.
Wait. Did she show us we can trust her?"
"Yes!"
"No!"
"It was just a trick, stupid!"
"No it wasn't, she just didn't do anything!"
Arguing continues.
"I see. But we still don't need help."
((Good bye.))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 01:16 AM
Well, not now. But if something happened?

Meidani looks at the arguing. ...oops. Do they normally argue like this?

{{cya whenever you're back on}}

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 02:10 AM
"What's going to happen?" she asks, looking up at Meidani with big black eyes.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:50 AM
I don't know that something's going to happen for certain. But I don't act as if nothing is, either.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 06:25 AM
"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."
"Okay. Where are you from?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 06:27 AM
Well, I was born in the West. I don't actually remember my birth parents, though- I was taken by slavers when I was really young. I was raised in the East.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 06:30 AM
"I thought there was an ocean in the west.
We're going there one day."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 06:31 AM
Yes, there is. But I don't actually remember it- as I said, I was taken from my parents when I was only about a year old.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 06:34 AM
"But why were your parents in the ocean? Are you a fish, like Censhuli's a bird?"
((deadtime))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 06:36 AM
Well, even though it's ocean, there are islands there as well. My parents probably lived on one of those islands. Either that, or they lived on a boat, but I don't think that's very likely.

Meidani chuckles a bit, and sits back against the rock.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:17 AM

They're nearing the stairs right now. "Really?" She brightens up again, and would hug Reinholdt once more if he wasn't hovering and if he was a little closer.

"I would love that," she says, smiling.

She begins to descend the stairs now, smiling, despite only having one eye.

((Bye!))

Reinholdt is no longer hovering nor keeping a safe distance from her, the trusting fool. He follows her down the stairs now too.

"I'll do what I can."

McBish
2010-04-08, 11:28 AM
[Island]

Donald wades out and dives underwater coming back up quickly enough with a couple of crabs in a wooden trap. He carries them over to the beach and pulls out a large pot and starts boiling some water.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 12:26 PM

Well, since he got close enough, Red tried to sneak in a hug again.

But, now, she goes down the stairs. It spirals down and down, letting you get closer to the beasts' gaping jaws and their sharp teeth. Fortunately, there's a little thin fencing between the stairs and the beasts outside, so they can go down safely.

Before they get to the next floor, Reinholdt could possibly hear some harsh, hushed whispers down below, and some footsteps.
Then again, it could just be his imagination, trying to interpret the odd roars and padding of footsteps the animals above are making.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 03:45 PM
"That's what we're going to do. But I've never seen a boat. What are they like?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 03:47 PM
Well, they rock around a lot... I've never been on a boat in the ocean, either. Just on a river.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 03:51 PM
"Okay. You can just swim in a river, you know. As long as it's little."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 03:54 PM
Nah, this was a big river. And we had to go a long way.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:00 PM
"Okay. Where were you going?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:00 PM
I was going to Lookshy, actually.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:02 PM
"Why did you need to look shy? That's silly."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:03 PM
No, it's the name of the place I was going to.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:09 PM
"Oh. That's a funny name. Oh! What's your name?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:09 PM
My name's Meidani. What's yours?

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:15 PM
"Aren't you going to steal my name if I tell you? And all my color with it?"

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:16 PM
No, I can't do that.

I'm a Solar, not a Raksha.

Meidani chuckles a bit.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:26 PM
"Okay. My name's Cadence." She shifts slightly, not liking the name much.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:27 PM
That's a nice name.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:27 PM
"Nuh-uh! Meidani's better."

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:30 PM
Thank you. But your name is still quite nice.

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:32 PM
"Okay." The girl smiles a little.

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:34 PM
How old are you, anyway?

Recaiden
2010-04-08, 04:35 PM
Always with the hard questions, ah?
"I think I'm 4."
In whose years?
((deadtime for now.))

horngeek
2010-04-08, 04:37 PM
{{Creation years :smalltongue:}}

Ah, okay.

She doesn't really have any other questions, now. They'll have to ask her some.

Earl of Purple
2010-04-08, 04:50 PM
Bronze Pyramid

"Would you like to look at the main hall of forest knowledge, or would you prefer to either remain in this foyer or move onto a different subject?"

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 10:17 PM

Well, since he got close enough, Red tried to sneak in a hug again.

But, now, she goes down the stairs. It spirals down and down, letting you get closer to the beasts' gaping jaws and their sharp teeth. Fortunately, there's a little thin fencing between the stairs and the beasts outside, so they can go down safely.

Before they get to the next floor, Reinholdt could possibly hear some harsh, hushed whispers down below, and some footsteps.
Then again, it could just be his imagination, trying to interpret the odd roars and padding of footsteps the animals above are making.

Grr... Reinholdt is hugged.

And since he doesn't know if he heard something or not, he does the sensible thing and ask Red!
"Did you hear that?" Way to be specific!

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 10:20 PM
She stops at the bottom of the stairs, and looks around, noting that all the lights have gone out on this floor. Oh, well. They only have to go to the third cell. "Hear what?" she asked, turning back towards him again.

"I didn't hear anything." The sounds have also stopped, in addition to it being dark.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 10:36 PM
Mountain Cave East Dungeon, B5

"Thought I heard somebody. Oh well. Considering how many prisoners you got, I suppose it's not unusual."

Reinholdt whips out his flashlight once more and turns it on.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 10:41 PM
Mountain Cave, East Dungeon, B5

If he points the light at the cells down here (which are similar to the ones on the first floor, except with stronger bars, more reinforced and thicker), then they'll be able to notice that they're all empty, with some shadows flitting around. In addition, many of the cells are unlocked.

"Huh...that's odd. I wonder where they went?" Red takes a couple steps into the room, looking around but not seeing anything.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 10:44 PM
Mountain Cave, East Dungeon, B5

"... I think we should stay here as little as possible. Let's get where we're going and get there now." Reinholdt moves. Because there's bad things in the dark. Scary things...

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 10:49 PM

"Well...we don't have to go far anyway," whispers Red. "Just the third cell...that one."

She points at one, not far, which is locked. Huh, that's odd, as well. "Hey, could you open it, please? I'll hold the flashlight," she says, after testing it several times to check.

It just rattles against itself, not opening.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 10:52 PM

"Here. Please don't drop it and make the lights go out just long enough for you to get ate while I work on it. It would make me very uncomfortable." As in he might need new pants.

Reinholdt hands over the flashlight and pulls out his lockpicks yet again and sets to work.
Handy little things aren't they?

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 10:55 PM

"Okay. I won't drop it," she says, holding onto the flashlight, and aiming the beam straight down the room, at any shadows that seem to be getting larger.

"Make sure you hurry, though."

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:08 PM

"Of course."
Fortunately he doesn't have to see too well to know what he's doing. Just grab the right tools and work them in.

Which he works on quickly but surely. Might make a mistake though, depending on how tough the lock is.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 11:12 PM

Actually, the lock's not very tricky at all to open. It's just that the bars are really thick, so they're hard to break out of without any tools.

"Are you done yet?" asks Red, a little frightened because the shadows have grown larger and larger, and don't seem to be shrinking.

"Because we really have to get in there right now."

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:24 PM

Well then. Reinholdt opens up the door. "Get in!" He says, practically grabbing at her to throw her in before whirling inside the cell himself and slamming the door shut. Only if she actually gets in though. He's not going to leave her out there alone.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 11:29 PM

"Aaah!"
Red screams, as she's brought into the cell, almost dropping the flashlight...but she caught it before it slipped completely out.

The door clicks locked as it's slammed. That's the good news.
The beam of light of the flashlight, however, barely leaves the cell, stopping in the darkness just out of there.

She might be hyperventilating right now, but the crushing darkness seems to cut off sound as well as light.

However, on the bright side, they're inside the cell, and there's a loose stone in the back which will lead out of the dungeon.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:38 PM

"Where's the entrance trigger?" Reinholdt isn't interesting in waiting to see if they can open the door or break through or squeeze through. He darts to the back of the cell and starts feeling around for something that will open a secret door.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 11:41 PM

"Just to the left...right...right there!" she says, guiding him to it.

Once it's pressed, the slab will turn slightly, so they can squeeze through. It's dark in there, as well, but it's a more gentle and calm dark than where they are currently.

Reinholdt
2010-04-08, 11:50 PM

Reinholdt will just have to summon a second flashlight then. One for him and one for her. After slipping inside the secret room/passage, he'll close the door behind him too. No need to give evil shadows an easy way in.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-08, 11:56 PM
Mountain Cave East, Tunnel

That's a good idea - two flashlights. It'll really help.

"That was...pretty close," says Red, who has gotten inside the tunnel.

Just then, she noticed that she had forgotten her basket out in there. "But...I might have to go back. I'll be right back, I hope." Red starts feeling for the lever that reopens the stone slab, to get back out.

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 12:01 AM

Reinholdt sighs. Typical really.

"I'll get it." Reinholdt summons a single grenade and pins it to his belt. Boy things sure were a bit easier away from that throne room.

"Just let me know when you get the door."

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 12:05 AM

Despite me not thinking straight at the moment, I think I understood you - Reinholdt's going to get the basket?

If so, then Red nods, and says, "Okay. Get back quickly."

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:10 AM
{{Creation years :smalltongue:}}

Ah, okay.

She doesn't really have any other questions, now. They'll have to ask her some.

"How old are you?"

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 12:10 AM

Yes. And with that, Reinholdt darts back out into the semi-safe cage, using his flashlight to search for the basket!

((deadtime))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:14 AM
"How old are you?"

I'm thirty.

Despite the fact that she looks in her early twenties. :smalltongue:

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 12:15 AM
Mountain Cave Dungeon, East, Cell 3

The basket is right up next to the cell bars, with the shadows prying at it to reach into it. The cloth is moving slightly and inexplicably, but it should be easy to get and run back.

And, again, you foil an attempt to kill Red. Maybe I should just keep her alive, after all.

((Bye!))

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:17 AM
"Oh. So you're still a little Solar, right?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:19 AM
Well, most of the Solars haven't been Solars for long at the moment. But yes.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:28 AM
"Okay. How much of it is Solaring?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:29 AM
Quite a lot. I get some time to non-Solaring, but not much, mostly.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:30 AM
"Okey. Maybe you should change jobs."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:32 AM
Can't. Once you're a Solar, you can't quit.

Of course, you can't turn it down, either.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:35 AM
"Awww. Well, I'll help you be a solar then. So you can rest." Cadence says, smiling.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:37 AM
Meidani looks at her. That's very kind of you to offer... but I don't think you'd be able to. It's really, really dangerous.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:40 AM
"I'm not scared of it!" She tries to look big and threatening.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:42 AM
That's brave of you...

Meidani smiles a bit. According to Long Tooth, she was like that once...

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:44 AM
"Thanks. What do I do first?"
Oh no! She's going to grow up and be like Meidani! :smalleek:

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:45 AM
Live your life. If you're going to become a Solar, it'll happen whether you want it to or not. Or any other kind of Exalted, for that matter.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:48 AM
"No, Exalted are bad to be. I just want to help."

Which isn't actually that bad a person to be like.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 12:50 AM
Not all of them are. Isn't Miss Censhuliel Exalted?

But... we do things that others can't survive. We were chosen to do those things.

Although those words could very easily be arrogant, from Meidani they aren't- she's stating fact. Nothing more.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 12:58 AM
She nods. "But that...um...."
She sits down, confused.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:01 AM
It's all right. I know you just want to help... but sometimes, you just can't do some stuff. Okay?

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:04 AM
"Why not? There shouldn't be things that need exalted to do them!"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:06 AM
Meidani leans back, and sighs. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be a need for Exalted. But there's stuff out there that mortals can't beat. So, we have to be around.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:08 AM
"Nuh-uh! We can do it ourselves."
She's just protesting so Meidani won't have the last word at this point.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:09 AM
Not at the moment. Maybe someday, you will be able to. But until then...

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:12 AM
"Hmm" Candace crosses her arms over her chest and turns away from the rock.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:13 AM
I'm sorry if you're disappointed...

{{How much longer are you on?}}

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:16 AM
No answer.

((A long while. Hour at least. You?))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:17 AM
{{10 minutes, then heading home, won't be back on until... in about 50 minutes from now}}

Meidani sighs, and sits back on the rock.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:20 AM
((I said at least an hour. Probably longer. I'll still be on when you get home. :smallsmile:))

The other kids leave. Now that no one is distracting Meidani, and she's not talking.

Cadence sits in front of the rock and ignores the Solar.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:21 AM
Meidani looks at her. You sulking?

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:21 AM
After a few moments, she nods very slightly. Might not even be noticed.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:23 AM
What, am I talking too much?

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:25 AM
What part of sulking does Meidani not get?

Cadence doesn't answer.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 01:26 AM
Meidani waits for her to stop sulking!

{{And I'm off}}

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 01:27 AM
Hours pass.... :smalltongue:
Actually, Censhuliel comes and offers Meidani a bowl of soup before that. For lunch, you see?
((See you later.))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:04 AM
Meidani nods. Thanks. I'll probably need some help to eat it, though.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:11 AM
"Right."
Censhuliel sits down next to the Solar and will try to assist her in eating the soup.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:14 AM
Meidani eats!

She's pretty good at eating without making a mess, even though she can't use her hands. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:16 AM
Please, Meidani. Have some dignity and just be fed the soup.

They should really at least have a cell, where she can eat food.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:18 AM
She is being fed the soup. :smalltongue:

She's just not spilling any. Unless Censhu is deliberately spilling it on her.

Once done: Thanks, Censhu.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:19 AM
:smalltongue:
She wouldn't do that.
"You're welcome. Can't have you starving."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:21 AM
No. That would be a bad idea, wouldn't it?

So, how's your morning been?

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:25 AM
"It's been okay. How about yours, being locked here?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:28 AM
All right. Bit difficult to keep balancing when I'm just sitting back against the rock, but that's a minor issue.

Had a bit of a scare with one of the kids, though...

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:30 AM
"Ah. Sorry about that. We'll get you a different rock next time."
She looks over at Cadence sitting a ways away.
"What do you mean?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:33 AM
Meidani chuckles. Or tie me tighter to this one, or to a chair or something. It's a minor thing, anyway.

She frowns, and leans in closer, lowering her voice. Well, I joked about not going anywhere because I was tied to the rock, and one of them tried to undo the ropes. I forget which one... but I tried to watch my words and it still almost happened. ...any ideas, other than just gagging me while I'm out? Actually, would the punishment be the same for every case? I'm not sure.

Cadence probably won't hear her.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:36 AM
"Of course not." Censhuliel sounds shocked at the idea.
"They would just be told off. I'd be killed. And varying degrees in between."
"But I don't know what else to be done there is. Gagging you shouldn't be necessary. And you don't look untied to me."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:38 AM
No, they didn't suceed. And... that's good to know. I know it was highly unlikely, but I don't like taking chances with lives.

I'll try to watch my words more in the future, I suppose. It is better than just being gagged. Unless I wanted to give the kids something to talk about.

Meidani chuckles a bit.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:41 AM
"Talk about you not being able to talk?"
((I don't get what she means there.))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:42 AM
Pretty much. Bad joke.

{{As she said. Bad joke. :smalltongue:}}

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:45 AM
"Well, your making jokes at all is a lot of progress." she teases.
"And if you couldn't talk, you couldn't joke."
((How long are you going to be here?))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:46 AM
{{All night. 4 hours minimum, probably closer to five, although there will be dinner as well.

You?}}

Meidani chuckles. I could just talk under the gag and you could try to tell what I was saying.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:48 AM
((Another hour to hour and a half, then off for about two hours, then on for a few minutes.))

"Yeah. But unless you want to be gagged, that's too much work for everyone."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:50 AM
Meidani shrugs.

At times, maybe. I don't mind being gagged if I'm not going to talk much anyway, actually.

But not all the time.

She chuckles a bit. I have to be the oddest prisoner ever.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 02:52 AM
"What have you done besides talk?"
Censhu nods.
"Close to it, I'm sure. but then, I just need you watched on."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 02:55 AM
Meidani chuckles. Just watch life go by?

Which is interesting in its own right. So, I might be gagged if I just want to do that, without being able to comment or anything.

Or if I'm just listening to someone else, I suppose...

She grins. Yeah. This entire situation is pretty odd, though.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:16 AM
"That's not enough. People should participate in life, as well they can."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 03:17 AM
Sometimes, I find more pleasure in watching life go by- an... observer, I suppose.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:20 AM
"Truly? That seems so sad."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 03:21 AM
I make up for it when I do decide to actually go in, believe me.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:24 AM
"And when is that? Just when you have to?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 03:26 AM
How I tend to work is... periods when I leave little time for rest, and times when I do little else- there are some periods when I do a mixture of the two, as well, but at the moment... my capacity to engage is severely limited anyway. And in any case, I generally apply what I learn when I'm just observing anyway, so even that has a purpose. Besides- if I just start talking without knowing the situation, I can mess it up. Spending time forced to not talk, just watch and listen, could actually help when I can talk.

Meidani shrugs.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:30 AM
"Well enough. I'll let you to listen then?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 03:32 AM
Yeah, that would probably be all right. Give me some time to just listen and watch what everyone's doing.

Meidani smiles.

{{Off for dinner. If you're not on when I'm back, when should you be?}}

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:36 AM
((I'll be on for a few minutes in 2 and a half hours, and maybe a little bit in 13 hours or so.))

Censhuliel frowns, nods, and walks away.

Cadence is still sitting facing away form the rock, not paying attention. The other kids are off playing some game with a ball.

There are some people around a cooking fire, cooking things, and another group of people it looks like building a new wagon further off.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 03:37 AM
Meidani simply sits back and watches, for now.

{{Okay. Now off, probably not for more than half an hour}}

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 03:45 AM
At the moment, no one further is coming to see her.
And nothing is changing in what people are doing.
((Because I'm leaving now. See you later.))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 04:05 AM
Well, she keeps watching. Maybe something interesting will happen. You never know. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 06:20 AM
No, I don't. But I have a pretty good idea.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 06:22 AM
So, does anything interesting happen? :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 06:25 AM
No! Which is my entire point. Nothing more interesting than what has happened.
Except Cadence gets up and goes to play with the other kids in a bit.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 06:27 AM
And Meidani watches!

So, Censhu comes back later in the day?

Or is it someone else? :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 06:29 AM
She does, after everyone else has gathered for an evening meal and then finished their work.
To give Meidani food again, is all.
((Bye.))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 06:32 AM
And Meidani is fed the food! Thanks.

Sorry for being a burden like this...

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 06:48 AM
"You're welcome. You're not much of a burden to watch over. Suspiciously cooperative, in fact."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 06:53 AM
Meidani shrugs. Trying to escape would do nothing but betray the trust that you've put in me by giving me the freedom to... well, to just come out of the wagon at all. Or even just walk around with only my hands bound, or talk to your children.

If I tried to escape, I wouldn't get far, and it'd mean that I'd probably lose the few freedoms I do have at the moment. I mean, I could try to make life difficult for you. But that would accomplish little for me, apart from probably just being left in the wagon all day, trussed up so I can't move at all.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:03 AM
"You came back here at all, when you almost certainly could have escaped at your father's manse."
Censhuliel smiles.
"See, you would have freedom to do all of that anyway, if we weren't keepnig you prisoner."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:09 AM
Meidani shrugs again. Maybe I could. Heck, with Long Tooth's help, I might have been able to turn the tables and capture you and hold you prisoner.

But if I had done that... I'd have proven I was just like a lot of Solars were. And I would have destroyed any chance of us becoming friends.

And now, if I do try to make life for you difficult... well. As I said, that can only end with me either tied up so I can't move at all and kept here for the entire day, or me tied up so I can't move at all, gagged all the time except when I eat, and just kept somewhere everyone can keep an eye on me.

Meidani chuckles a bit. So, I seem to be stuck here.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:12 AM
"Probably you could have. Why do you care to preserve possibilities of my having a positive opinion of Exalted and of our being friends?"
Because friends is a terrible word, and must be said so hatefully.
Censhuliel must be feeling like she did months ago.

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:14 AM
Meidani looks at her. Because we're bonded, for better or worse. And because you're a good person. Mostly the second reason, really.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:17 AM
"Worse, and don't forget it."
Censhu looks down at the rock.
"Nothing else against you. You seem to be a good person too, and thank you."

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:23 AM
Thank you, too.

...by the way, is the caravan going to be moving at any point? It seems to have been in the same place for quite a while.

And what are you going to do with me while you are moving? Tie me over a saddle?

Meidani chuckles a bit. That would be an... interesting way to travel.

But my question still stands. Where will I be while we're travelling?

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:28 AM
"We're staying around this town a while longer.
This place is ... special. A small physical area is much larger and more varied than anywhere else we've yet seen.
But we will be going."
Censhuliel laughs.
"Has someone taken all our wagon wheels? Were you not able to ride on the trip to the manse?"

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:32 AM
But that was with my hands free, remember. Riding's a lot harder when they're behind you, and I don't think I'll be able to have them free this time.

Besides, if I was tied over a saddle in front of someone, I could talk to them while the ride happened.

Meidani's grinning. Or you could just leave me in the wagon. That'd probably work as well. I'd need something to do while there, though.

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:34 AM
"So your hands could be freed slightly, or you tied. We'll see then.
Though I thought you'd rather observe than talk?"
Censhuliel is grinning as well. Oh no! :smalleek:

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:36 AM
Oh, I could just observe... what do you have planned?

Meidani is grinning a bit as well. :smalltongue::smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 07:38 AM
"I would just take you along riding with me when we move the caravan."
Didn't you just say that last post?
Anyway, they're grinning at the other.
((And I do have to go now.))

horngeek
2010-04-09, 07:40 AM
All right. So, what did you mean by that comment about 'observing rather than talking'? Do you have something for that as well, then?

{{Okay. cya tomorrow!}}

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 10:47 AM
Mountain Cave Dungeon, East, Cell 3

The basket is right up next to the cell bars, with the shadows prying at it to reach into it. The cloth is moving slightly and inexplicably, but it should be easy to get and run back.

And, again, you foil an attempt to kill Red. Maybe I should just keep her alive, after all.

((Bye!))
I'm mean like that. I've foiled more things unintentionally and intentionally than I care to count. There's a reason they scream at me with big old poster.

Anyways, Reinholdt pulls his grenade and tosses it at the shadows before covering his eyes. It's a good old flashbang. If it goes off, he'll wait one second before uncovering his eyes and trying to go for the basket and get back to the secret corridor.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 01:15 PM
Mountain Cave

The evil shadows shy away from the flash and the loud noise, then swiftly return back, swarming the light.

However, Reinholdt will be able to get the basket and get back into the tunnel before they return completely.

As soon as he gets back in, Red quickly slams the stone in the way. "Did you get it?" she asks him.

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 01:24 PM
Mountain Cave

"Sure did. Here you go." He hands her the basket.

"Let's get away from here sooner rather than later."

And deadtimes there for a bit.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 01:30 PM
Mountain Cave

Red grabs the basket, and holds onto it tightly.

"Okay. Well, it's a strait path from here to the treasury," she says, shrugging, "So it shouldn't be that hard."

She starts walking - it goes uphill a lot, twists and turns, but is indeed very narrow and strait, and has no possible detours - only forward, and backward.

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 03:14 PM
Mountain Cave

Reinholdt follows! Again!

And he's absolutely out of questions to ask to pass the time.

Oh well.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 03:19 PM
Mountain Cave

And, since Red can't think of anything to talk about at the moment, I guess they walk in silence.

Or, wait..."They're usually locked up. I don't know how they got out," she says to him, going up the thin tunnel. "I don't even know what they did to be put there, because they won't talk to me. I don't know why."

Eventually, though, the tunnel starts to widen, and some of the light from the Treasury can be seen spilling into the tunnel, between some of the gold that is blocking the way.

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 03:37 PM
Mountain Cave

She obviously can't stand much silence. :smalltongue:

"I believe you."

Yay! Treasure room!
Don't get greedy Reinholdt.
Don't get more greedy than you already are Reinholdt.

Je dit Viola
2010-04-09, 03:41 PM
Mountain Cave Treasury

As they enter, there's piles and piles of gold, silver, iron, steel, and every other sort of material. There's golden sarcofogi, scepters, crowns, necklaces and rings (many of which are likely enchanted)...tons of stuff.

There's also many locked chests, some are larger than others. The largest is likely the size of an elephant.

It's also a huge room. And the door which leads back to where Reinholdt met Red is...open, inexplicably. Only slightly open, though, opened a crack.

Red immediately goes over to a pile of gold, and takes the baby dragon skull out of her basket, to bury it.

Reinholdt
2010-04-09, 04:02 PM
Mountain Cave Treasury

Oh dear.
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
Reinholdt may have gone catatonic.
STUFF. GLORIOUS SHINY MAGICAL STUFF.
I think Reinholdt's drooling. Best find he's had since he got to ACRO.

He slips a random ring into his pocket as he climbs over to the very large treasure chest. "Is this the one with the thing your sister can't have?"

Recaiden
2010-04-09, 04:05 PM
All right. So, what did you mean by that comment about 'observing rather than talking'? Do you have something for that as well, then?

{{Okay. cya tomorrow!}}

"Something for you to observe? No."