PDA

View Full Version : The March Across Maltak Revistied [Onidomo]

Kyeudo
2010-04-08, 11:00 AM
Becoming a general's aide was surprisingly easy. All it took was introducing the previous man to one of your cultists in a back alley and natural selection ensured the position would suddenly be open. A letter of recomendation from an ambitious lietenent and the position was yours.

Pretending to be just a lowly clerk, however, was frustrating. All your power, and yet nothing to do but file papers all day, just waiting for the right moment to make your move. It makes your fingers itch with the repressed urge to just kill someone. Still, all the waiting may have finally paid off.

Another aide arrives in General Drystan's office, carrying a stack of papers."Sir, the reports from the frontier just came in. There have been several more raids and Captain Sigfried hasn't yet found where they are basing their raids from."

"Damn piggarts! How do they keep managing this?"

"I don't know sir."

"It's that orc chief, the one they call Stonewater. Without him, the savages would have been ours months ago. What I wouldn't give for his head on a plate."

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-09, 12:58 AM
Onidomo

It was galling, playing at being a servant to this weak, mewling little flesh-sack of a mortal. Ah, but that was the trick, wasn't it? For all their puny, worthless frailty, they had something he wanted, something he needed - their free will, their worship, the fuel that drove the wheels of Hell ever onward.

But even his limited patience had finally paid off. When he heard those words, Onidomo smiled. He turned to the general, and there was something deeply unsettling, something fundamentally wrong in his even, white-toothed smile.

"You know, General... I know someone who might be able to arrange that for you. Someone who specializes in removing difficult problems. He does, however, require certain... unusual fees."

Kyeudo
2010-04-10, 11:00 AM
The general looks somewhat taken aback by your offer. "Really now? You just happen to know someone who can get rid of an orc chieftain that the Royal Knights haven't been able to find?" He says, incredulous.

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-15, 12:05 PM
Onidomo

The demon in man-skin smiled, and something darksome gleamed in his eyes. "I am well connected... take this as a sign of Heaven's favor for your endeavor, general, that such a coincidence could happen. But not too fortuitous, perhaps... as I said, the method I have in mind is somewhat expensive."

Kyeudo
2010-04-16, 01:15 AM
"How expensive? If you want money, don't expect anything up front. I'm not about to fall for a scam."

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-18, 09:16 PM
Onidomo

Onidomo continued to grin - entirely too relaxed for an inferior officer in such a situation. "No, no... the source I have in mind has little use for money. He'll want... assistance in return. Political support, small personal favors. Perhaps making sure certain talented and worthy individuals are recognized for their ability. That sort of thing."

Kyeudo
2010-04-20, 11:15 AM
"If you can bring me proof that Stonewater is dead, then I'll promote whoever you want, but not before."

WhiteKnight777
2010-04-23, 01:20 AM
Onidomo

Onidomo gave a wicked little grin "Naturally. Your proposal is... acceptable." He said, bowing out of the room.

Just as planned.

Kyeudo
2010-04-27, 12:58 AM
Free now of the general's office and now with a goal, you contemplate the challenge now ahead of you. The orc chief must be found and killed, of course, but first one must actually travel to Maltak, unless you want to leave it to your cultist followers. Preparations must be made, lest your cult fall apart without you.