PDA

View Full Version : Who can help the most?

Acero
2010-04-08, 01:06 PM
It seems unlikely, but if any other member of the order arrived to help fight the blue dragon dude, who would be the most help?

Roy: a fighter who has slated a dragon before, but it was a zombie one. He can also tank.

Durkon: healbot, which always helps. I think that thors lightening won't be as effective as hoped for though.

Bellar: has +5 plot armor until some major event. Killed the trigak, which technically is part dragon.

What do you think? Btw, if this is suppoessd to be in the 712 disscusion or something like that, my apologies

Debatra
2010-04-08, 01:27 PM
:durkon: Greater Restoration!

:vaarsuvius: Thank you, Durkon. Disintegrate!

denthor
2010-04-08, 01:39 PM
halfling jump of death attack. ranger with craft disturbing image feat and rage ability

So yes go big green Belkar

The reason it can not be Haley is that while this flies it is not a skanky chick in a short skirt.

Gandariel
2010-04-08, 01:46 PM
:durkon: Greater Restoration!

:vaarsuvius: Thank you, Durkon. Disintegrate!

Thank you, Durkon?!?
V would AT LEAST make a decent monologue about it xD.

:vaarsuvius: I appreciate your efforts, master Thundershield.
Now, i prepare to face this fierce beast, since obviously only my magical talents can defeat this enemy. now that you have protected and healed me, comrades, leave and let me, the magician Vaarsuvius, defeat him once and for all.

Blackwing: whisperwhisperwhisper

:vaarsuvius:hemm... i mean, Thank you, Durkon. Disintegrate!

OR s/he could go for a more sad rant :
:vaarsuvius: Thank you, Durkon. and here, once again my arcane power results useless in front of a dart and some poison. i need, once again, the protection and heal of my comrades. Now only i begin to understand my place in this metaphorical chessboard.....

licoot
2010-04-08, 01:47 PM
Either Durkon or Belkar.
Durkon because he can just heal them, its simple.
And Belkar because he always does awsome things just because of his character.
But roy wouldn't be much help ontop of V, haley and elan who are already a great team.

Ferrous
2010-04-08, 01:54 PM
Durkon.

If it was Belkar or Roy, the match would still be 3 vs. 1. If Durkon came and was able to restore V, then it would be 4 vs. 1 at the cost of casting a spell to heal V, with still someone capable of performing a melee role.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-08, 02:00 PM
Bellar: has +5 plot armor until some major event. Killed the trigak, which technically is part dragon.

Which would be a problem if this turns out way more important than we think and this is the major event meant to kill him.

derfenrirwolv
2010-04-08, 02:12 PM
Durkon. Getting V up on his feet to suggest the large dragon and disintigrate the rougey one would be the fastest route to victory.

Starscream
2010-04-08, 03:13 PM
Right now? Durkon.

Five minutes ago? An NPC holding a sign that says "Protection from Arrows has a 1 hour/level duration, genius."

DeltaEmil
2010-04-08, 03:53 PM
Countered by another NPC holding a sign that says "Protection from Arrows won't protect you against magical projectiles, though".

Neopolis
2010-04-08, 03:55 PM
NPC's holding signs trying to one-up eachother? Sounds like your average day in GitP forums... :smallbiggrin:

ThePhantasm
2010-04-08, 04:13 PM
Obviously Durkon, so for suspense purposes he won't show up right away. I bet Belkar will be first to show up.

Starscream
2010-04-08, 04:49 PM
Countered by another NPC holding a sign that says "Protection from Arrows won't protect you against magical projectiles, though".

Oh right, magical bolts. Hmmm.

In that case, I vote for Roy's butt. It has served this purpose before.

Also, I'm almost positive I'm the first person to type the phrase "I vote for Roy's butt." in the history of the universe.

Edit:
And hey, if it works V could research some new spells to take advantage of its effectiveness. "Summon Roy's Butt" is obvious, but at higher levels you could also have "Roy's Interposing Butt" and the ever popular "Wall of Roy's Butt".

Snake-Aes
2010-04-08, 04:59 PM
Durkon. Roy and Belkar can only add damage output and (mostly Roy) Protection for the other Stickers.
Durkon can do those things at reasonable levels(he has the highest ac and hp of the crew), and he can re-enable V within one round of going into the fray.

apenpaap
2010-04-08, 05:54 PM
Also, I'm almost positive I'm the first person to type the phrase "I vote for Roy's butt." in the history of the universe.

Google says you are! (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=%22I+vote+for+Roy%27s+butt%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=a2bb30ecf4f91972) You win one internets.

Debatra
2010-04-08, 06:16 PM
Then again, Durkon wasn't ready last time someone(Roy) was poisoned...

:smalleek:

Saph
2010-04-08, 06:22 PM
Nah, all Durkon would need to do is cast a Heal (which we know he prepares regularly). Greater Restoration would not be a good choice - check the casting time.

Since this would solve the problem immediately, I'm going to side with the people saying that it won't happen. :smallbiggrin: If anyone shows up it'll probably be Belkar, for maximum hilarity value. (It'd also let him enter with some line about how his "investigations" went at the brothel.)

Kish
2010-04-08, 07:00 PM
Then again, Durkon wasn't ready last time someone(Roy) was poisoned...

:smalleek:
He was half the level he is now then.

Black
2010-04-08, 07:04 PM
Roy

Because this guy is obviously linked to Girard. Roy will attempt diplomacy instead of merely attack.

Pyron
2010-04-08, 08:03 PM
I know (SoD)...

Redcloak's long lost niece will save them all!

Debatra
2010-04-08, 08:05 PM
He was half the level he is now then.

So? The day after Roy was poisoned, Durkon got the Spells from Thor. That means he could have used them if they were ready that day, and they weren't.

Kish
2010-04-08, 08:16 PM
So?
So he had a lot fewer spell slots then.

(And if you reply to that with "So?" again, I'm going to let you figure out the answer on your own.)

Optimystik
2010-04-08, 08:20 PM

(And if you reply to that with "So?" again, I'm going to let you figure out the answer on your own.)

"Sew buttons" is equally acceptable :smalltongue:

denthor
2010-04-08, 10:56 PM

His manners need to smacked up side the head. But other than that what is your beef with

doe a deer a female deer

ray a drop of golden sun

Me a name I call me self

fa a long long way to run

so a needle pulling thread

la a note follow so

te a drink with jam and bread

which brings us back to doe,

<Homer voice>
doe doe doe
<end Homer voice>

Dr.Epic
2010-04-08, 11:14 PM
:durkon: THOR'S MIGHT!

Dragon: Poopie! :smalleek:

Herald Alberich
2010-04-09, 12:15 AM
Don't forget that Durkon learned his lesson, too. He Neutralized Elan's poison in the inn as soon as Roy handed him over.

And yes, it's highly likely he prepares a few Heal spells every day now, which would be perfect here.

Dr.Epic
2010-04-09, 03:47 AM
Don't forget that Durkon learned his lesson, too. He Neutralized Elan's poison in the inn as soon as Roy handed him over.

And yes, it's highly likely he prepares a few Heal spells every day now, which would be perfect here.

Elan already neutralized the poison V took. At this point V needs to recover hirs strength to get back on hirs feet.

npc revolution
2010-04-09, 06:30 AM
Is it possible that this is where Belkar dies? I mean, the dragon-man looks like an important recurring villain.

Gandariel
2010-04-09, 06:41 AM
OR, if durkon hasn't the right spell, he can just cast Bull's Strenght on V.

Procyonpi
2010-04-11, 05:10 AM
Is it possible that this is where Belkar dies? I mean, the dragon-man looks like an important recurring villain.

I have to disagree with you there. The Dragon mad doesn't look like a serious villain, period. He's too stupid.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-11, 09:42 AM
:durkon: THOR'S MIGHT!

Dragon: Poopie! :smalleek:

Tee hee...dragon poopie :smallcool:

Roy smacks him to pieces so Elan can be rescued by Haley, Durkon heals V who lays the smackdown. Belkar steals lizardman's corpse to turn it into a leather jacket.

Then Girard reveals that the entire town is an illusion and they're actually just wandering around the desert while he tested them.

Shale
2010-04-11, 09:57 AM
I have to disagree with you there. The Dragon mad doesn't look like a serious villain, period. He's too stupid.

He's a more dangerous, less funny Thog. I could buy Thog killing somebody (other than not-Nale).