PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Alternate Demensions <3.5>

LichPrinceAlim
2010-04-08, 01:33 PM
Okay, I realize Portable hole and Bag of holding don't mix. Ever. but here are some things that make me wonder...

1. Can you "behead" somebody with a portable hole/bag of holding

2. If you throw an axe into a portable hole, then reopen it, will the axe fly at the opponent. and if so, can a spell be caught in the same way?

3. Would the old combo of a portable hole, rope trick, and a bag of holding make a good booby trap?

strider24seven
2010-04-08, 01:38 PM
1) No, their head is in an alternate dimension, technically stil connected to their body.
2) No, the axe will embed itself into the floor of the Portable Hole, doing nothing when you reopen it.
3) Yes, and fantastically so. If you can set up a remote trigger, you can hold an entire city hostage. The ability to create a point singularity in a major metropolitan area can make you some serious dough.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-04-08, 01:42 PM
1) No, their head is in an alternate dimension, technically stil connected to their body.
2) No, the axe will embed itself into the floor of the Portable Hole, doing nothing when you reopen it.
3) Yes, and fantastically so. If you can set up a remote trigger, you can hold an entire city hostage. The ability to create a point singularity in a major metropolitan area can make you some serious dough.

1. so the target won't die if you remove the bag of holding or Portable hole?

2. I thought it'd fly infinitely in a loop

3. I meant for the BBEG

Claudius Maximus
2010-04-08, 01:55 PM
1: No, they'd be fine. Imagine how scary it would be to reach into a Bag of Holding if you could somehow lose your hand.

2: If you threw an axe into a Bag of Holding, it would probably rupture the other side and ruin the bag. I'm not sure how delicate a Portable Hole is, but there certainly wouldn't be any sort of conservation of momentum in there. It's pretty much a pit with an unusual opening.

3: If you're willing to spend thousands of GP, yes, you could send a 10-foot radius full of creatures into the Astral plane with a bag and hole trap.