PDA

View Full Version : Improved Overrun?

gallagher
2010-04-08, 05:49 PM
i am planning on taking improved overrun at my next level. i was wondering, before i make this final, are there ways to exploit this feat to make it better later on through other feats? for instance, someone who takes improved sunder can later take combat brute.

i plan on using this feat as a way to make charging more fun. one thing that i find gets in the way of charging at the guy who you want to be hitting is by putting mooks in the way.

gallagher
2010-04-08, 06:07 PM
btw, i plan on using this without being mounted

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-08, 06:16 PM
Dude, edit button. Learn it, love it.

That said, a search on Crystal Keep lists the following feats as having Improved Overrun as a prereq:

Raging Overrun (extra +4 while raging)

and.... that's it. So yeah, doesn't look like it's expanded upon much.

Runestar
2010-04-09, 01:52 AM
You can't combine charging with overrun (not sure if you meant that, but your post was a little unclear for me).

I personally don't have a very good impression of overrun, finding it too specialized and limited in its use. Maybe in the infrequent scenario where you want to run right past a mook to strike at the BBEG behind, but you are better off relying on teleportation effects for that.

Harperfan7
2010-04-09, 01:11 PM
Talk to your DM, try to get him to make it you so you can run over multiple opponents in a charge (maybe with each counting as two squares or something). That's what I do with it as a DM, so its at least useful.

Darrin
2010-04-09, 07:17 PM
i am planning on taking improved overrun at my next level. i was wondering, before i make this final, are there ways to exploit this feat to make it better later on through other feats? for instance, someone who takes improved sunder can later take combat brute.

i plan on using this feat as a way to make charging more fun. one thing that i find gets in the way of charging at the guy who you want to be hitting is by putting mooks in the way.

I'm not sure Overrun is compatible with a charge. Even with Improved Overrun, doesn't it take a standard action to knock an opponent prone? It says you can continue your movement after that, but at that point, I don't think you can continue charging.

Tavar
2010-04-09, 07:20 PM
I think there's a tactical feat in the Complete Warrior that improves upon the overrun action, but if I remember correctly it's for mounted characters.