PDA

View Full Version : 'Statin out some Harpies

Pictogram
2010-04-08, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the racial abilities and statistics for Harpies as player characters. It only goes into a little about them in the MM, i wants more fluff, more stuff.

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-08, 06:07 PM
Ha ha, I came in here thinking you were stating out herpes as a disease for PC's. Try using search in Crystal Keep.

PersonMan
2010-04-08, 06:13 PM
Don't know about fluff, but their racial stat modifiers: Dex+4, Int-4, Wis +2, Cha +6. LA +3
+1 natural armor; claw (1d3)
Captivating Song(Su)
+4 racial bluff, listen
move: 20', fly 80'(average)
RHD: 7d8; +7 BAB, Fort+2, Ref/Will+5
Darkvision 60'
There.

cupkeyk
2010-04-08, 06:25 PM
and four racial hitdice. yuck.

reflavor the raptoran in races of the wild and give them captivating song and la +2 or +3.

Runestar
2010-04-09, 01:54 AM
Savage species has the harpy has a monster class. Note they are 7 racial HD, +3LA for a final ECL of 10.

Anyone know if they have been featured in a dragon ecology article?

krossbow
2010-04-09, 01:55 AM
Ha ha, I came in here thinking you were stating out herpes as a disease for PC's. Try using search in Crystal Keep.

forget herpes, give the monster aids!

absolmorph
2010-04-09, 02:00 AM
"My harpies!"
"You have herpes?"
"No, harpies!"
Poor Rex...

sonofzeal
2010-04-09, 02:06 AM
"My harpies!"
"You have herpes?"
"No, harpies!"
Poor Rex...
Google "My Girlfriend gave me Harpies", with quotes. Or not, if you'd rather avoid the mental image.

Grumman
2010-04-09, 04:17 AM
reflavor the raptoran in races of the wild and give them captivating song and la +2 or +3.
Even better: reflavour the raptoran and don't give them captivating song and a LA. If you need to do anything else, give them Bard as a favoured class.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-04-09, 04:54 AM
You take the base ability scores and subtract 10 from an even score or 11 from an odd score to get the racial stat bonuses and penalties, which comes to Dex +4, Int -4, Wis +2, Cha +6.

They have seven racial hit dice ("levels") of Monstrous Humanoid (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#monstrousHumanoidType), which grants d8 HP like Cleric, poor Fort and good Reflex and Will saves like Bard, and good BAB and two skill points/level like Fighter. The class skills for a Harpy's racial HD are whatever skills are listed in its stat block: Bluff, Intimidate, Listen, Perform, and Spot. It has a 20 ft. base land speed and 80 ft. fly speed, just like what's listed, as well as a +1 natural armor bonus. They get two claw attacks which can be used as secondary attacks (-5 to hit, 1/2 str bonus to damage) in addition to whatever other attacks they make during a full attack. They get Darkvision 60 ft. and the Captivating Song ability, which has a DC of 10 + 1/2 their total racial HD plus class levels + Cha bonus. They are racially proficient with light weapons, but not with any type of armor. They get feats as normal, as though their racial HD were levels in the Monstrous Humanoid class, and they would continue gaining feats and skill points for whatever class they take just as if they were multiclassing, though racial HD never count for a multiclass XP penalty.