PDA

View Full Version : Going Crazy for Characters

SaltyEmperorX
2010-04-08, 09:19 PM
OK, so I am fairly new to DnD, but I am currently taking part in my second-ish campaign. The expert of sorts in out group is gone, and we are left with little remains. We have these character tokens in a style like that of OotS. They are just pieces of paper with the image taped to coins. Seeing as these are mostly proxy right now (as they were used for a previous campaign's characters), I was wondering if there was some sort of collection of these characters to choose from. I have been told that there is somewhere I can go to choose a token that represents my character. This collection is said to be quite vast, but I would be willing to search through it. The main problem is that I cannot find such a collection. I have spent a fair amount of time looking for something of the sort but to no avail. Does this even exist? Am I missing something blatantly out in the open? Am I going crazy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr? >>> Is there some collection of OotS-esque character figures somewhere that I can sift through to find one to use as a token for my character's campaign?

Dogmantra
2010-04-08, 09:39 PM
You can head on down to Request an OotS Style Avatar in Arts & Crafts, and get one tailor-made for you, if you'd like.

If you don't want to, you could look at avatars on the board and PM the artist if you see one you like, asking for permission (the artist's name will most likely be in their signature)

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-08, 09:47 PM
I believe that he is talking about tokens such that you would use in a D&D game. Working off of Dogmantra's idea, you could probably get a bunch of those avatars, then copy/paste them onto Word or whatnot. Then print them and attach them to cardboard stands.

SaltyEmperorX
2010-04-08, 10:15 PM
Do I just have to search through forums posts to find one? Or are the avatars conveniently collected somewhere?

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-08, 10:18 PM
I don't know about a collection of avatars, but as Dogmantra said, just go to the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread in the Arts&Crafts forum, and make requests for them. Somebody will make them for you.

Wind d8/d12
2010-04-08, 10:21 PM
Step one: Copy an avatar you have permission to use
Step two: Blow it up proportionally to how large you want it.
Step three: Get some shrinkydink paper and trace your avatar on both sides.
Finally: Shrink your shrinkydinks and affix them to the provided bases.

A friend of mine did this with Regdar and used it as his fighter miniature.

SaltyEmperorX
2010-04-08, 10:25 PM
Wow, thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate the help and the really fast responses. I am actually surprised at how quick it was. Thanks again.