Level: Clr 2, DrNec 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Touch
Target: 1 Willing Undead
Duration: Permanent (See text)
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: None

This spell generates flesh and innards for an Undead creature, such as it had in life that do not interfere with its Undead body (such as a Mohrg's tongue). The Undead creature regains the Constitution score it had in life and looks like it did when it was alive in all respects. It is impossible to tell that the creature is Undead and not its original race while the spell is in effect except through the use of Detect Undead as it retains its Undead type. The Undead creature will also gain weight equal to how much flesh it gained (a fair amount for a Skeleton, while not as much for a Zombie, Ghoul or Wight).

The Undead now has the option to eat, sleep and breathe again, though these are still not required. The Undead now heals usual amount per night as though it was still alive.

As the Undead now has a Constitution score, it is now subject to critical hits, death effects, Constitution damage and drain, coup de grace, massive damage and Negative Levels.

If an Undead is damaged below half its maximum Hp (taking into account its possibly higher Constitution score), gets Negative Levels equal to its HD or if its Constitution reaches 0, the spell ends and it is revealed as an Undead creature. Constitution reaching 0 and Negative Levels equalling HD does not destroy the Undead instantly.

---

Comments?

The spell is level 2 and had no material component because of the amount of weaknesses the Undead gains compared with the benefits (higher Fort save, more Hp). It really is just for diguise and actually cripples its combat potential in my opinion, but I thought that it's something that can be useful and actually could be used for plot reasons stealth.

I felt it should be Transmutation rather than Necromancy, but I can't explain why~ :smallbiggrin: Feel free to comment on this and I may change it if I feel it should be Necromancy after your arguements~

Ranger Mattos
2010-04-08, 10:11 PM
This should be in the Homebrew forum.

Rin_Hunter
2010-04-08, 10:12 PM
This should be in the Homebrew forum.

You're right. Is there a way to move it or should we wait for a mod?

Oops and sorry~

JeminiZero
2010-04-08, 10:13 PM
As mentioned this should be in the homebrew section.

There is also already a similiar spell called "Spark of Life" (Spell Compendium pg 196).

JoshuaZ
2010-04-08, 10:13 PM
What Mattos said. Also this seems a bit low level for what it does. Maybe a level 2 version that's tempoary and a level 4 or 5 version that takes xp that's permanent?

Rin_Hunter
2010-04-08, 10:19 PM
Spark of Life seems to be more combat oriented to me, as in "Use it on the undead and let's blast it!" kind of combat.

I suppose it is a bit low level, but this was designed with a high-undead setting in mind.

I guess I could add that it loses its immunity to Disease and Poison as well, actually... I forgot about those when writing it.

And I have no idea how to move this thread.