PDA

View Full Version : Dark 6

Geiger Counter
2010-04-08, 10:47 PM
How acceptable is it to worship the dark 6 in certain parts of eberron?
blood of vol is devoted to undead and they are the most popular religion in the north east.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-04-08, 10:51 PM
blood of vol is devoted to undead and they are the most popular religion in the north east.

I would assume that worship of the Traveler would not attract much negative attention. Not so sure on the others, though.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-08, 10:58 PM
mmm I guess it is the same as in standard setting, in evil aligned communities I believe it won't matter, but in good or neutral aligned communities... it will matter.

And IIRC the saguanin (sp? the fish people that are the first enemies in DDO) worship the devourer, so in saguanin community you are expected to worship him.

Inhuman Bot
2010-04-08, 11:41 PM

Most people don't know that Vol is evil, though.

AslanCross
2010-04-09, 12:04 AM
Faiths of Eberron says that most people pay homage to the Dark Six, while not outright worshiping them. A blacksmith who otherwise worships the Sovereign Host might dedicate a sword he crafts to the Fury. Sometimes, feasts are held in honor of the Dark Six even in regular society; the Eberron adventure Chimes at Midnight (Dungeon 133) begins on Wildnight, the feast of the Fury. It's kind of like Mardi Gras gone horribly wrong.

Actual cults of the Dark Six are usually isolated and secret, though.

The Blood of Vol is not a religion that worships Lady Vol. It's more of a self-actualization movement. They worship the "divinity within," symbolized by their blood. Only the highest members of the clergy know that the cult is actually being used by Vol for her personal gain and dabble in necromantic research.

Outright Dark Six worship is found in the following cultures:
1. The Drow worship Vulkoor, the scorpion god who is actually the Mockery.
2. The Sahuagin worship Shargon, who is actually the Devourer.
3. Dark Six worship is popular in Darguun, although the official religion is the Sovereign Host.

cupkeyk
2010-04-09, 02:35 AM
one of the hypotheses surrounding the day of mourning was because house cannith enclaves secretly worshipped the traveller

Otogi
2010-04-09, 04:44 AM
the Eberron adventure Chimes at Midnight (Dungeon 133) begins on Wildnight, the feast of the Fury. It's kind of like Mardi Gras gone horribly wrong.

So just Mardi Gras?

AslanCross
2010-04-09, 08:03 AM
So just Mardi Gras?

Well, in Chimes at Midnight it started with a train wreck. A literal train wreck. :P

Anyway I found an interesting variant of the Sovereign Host faith discussed in City of Stormreach: The Three Faces of War. It's a primarily militaristic faith that worships Dol Arrah, Dol Dorn, and Dol Azur (aka The Mockery) together, since it's by wisdom, valor and treachery that war can be won.

AbyssKnight
2010-04-09, 08:12 AM
Seems I recall that worship of the Dark Six is not illegal in most places, it is societally frowned on. An open worshipper of the Dark Six would probably suffer some unwanted attention from law enforcement/local clergy (except in Darguun, Droaam, and parts of large cities like Sharn).