PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Hunter(D20/3.X) help

Warpwolf16
2010-04-09, 10:50 AM
well, it seems my friends gonna run a Ravenloft campaign, maybe EtCR.
The party so far is a shifter druid(me), a human rogue, a cleric of the Morninglord, and one or two other people. One of them asked about a vampire Hunter, and what books would be useful. I suggested a Ranger or cleric. I pulled out the Ravenloft's Players Handbook, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, and Players Handbook.

He then asked if he could see any books with steamtech, he wanted to run a steampunk styled vampire hunter.Does anyone have any idea's of what books to throw in the stack?Im open to ideas and if you suggest a book link me to it.

Thanks guys.:smallbiggrin:

Moriato
2010-04-09, 11:12 AM
I understand that the Iron Kingdoms setting has a lot of steampunk elements, but I haven't looked at it, myself. Might be worth checking out.

LichPrinceAlim
2010-04-09, 11:36 AM
well, it seems my friends gonna run a Ravenloft campaign, maybe EtCR.
The party so far is a shifter druid(me), a human rogue, a cleric of the Morninglord, and one or two other people. One of them asked about a vampire Hunter, and what books would be useful. I suggested a Ranger or cleric. I pulled out the Ravenloft's Players Handbook, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior, and Players Handbook.

He then asked if he could see any books with steamtech, he wanted to run a steampunk styled vampire hunter.Does anyone have any idea's of what books to throw in the stack?Im open to ideas and if you suggest a book link me to it.

Thanks guys.:smallbiggrin:

I can one-up simple books: I have just the build.

Race: Warforged (Living Construct vs Undead. Living Construct wins every time)

Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Re-Horthanky

Class: Cloistered Lightbringer Cleric 6/Radiant Servant of Re-Horthanky 10/Contemplative 1/Divine Oracle 1/Sacred Exorcist 2

Good Feats (minus required): Exalted Turning, Quicken Turning, Light of Aurifar, Dragontouched, Dragonfire Channeling, Faith in the Frost

Idea: Since y'all are fighting undead, he can deal INSANE damage vs them with his Greater Destroy Undead Ability (Lightbringer Variant)

Warpwolf16
2010-04-09, 03:43 PM
I understand that the Iron Kingdoms setting has a lot of steampunk elements, but I haven't looked at it, myself. Might be worth checking out.

very steampy but not really helpful for a gothic horror campaign..IK is more adventure and mechanika, and mechanika is a complex paper work due to the factr Libe Mechanika is needed.