PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Rogue/Fighter

bartman
2010-04-09, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know of a way to stack Rogue and Fighter Levels for Sneak Attack damage? something like the feat Daring Outlaw for Rogue/Swashbuckler, or the Ascetic feats for Monk/X?

herrhauptmann
2010-04-09, 02:35 PM
If it's not in complete scoundrel or adventurer, I'm gonna go on a limb and say it doesn't exist.
Have you tried checking Crystal Keep's pdfs?

Hunter Noventa
2010-04-09, 02:43 PM
The closest you might get is the Thug (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/unearthedCoreClass.html#thug) variant in the SRD, but that just trades the Fighter's Bonus Feats for Sneak Attack, and I assume you want the fighter bonus feats.

Other than that, ask your DM if he'd let you take a custom feat to do so, as I assume you plan to take mostly fighter levels for the feats? Something like...

Brutal Thug[General]
Prerequisites: 2 Fighter Bonus Feats, Sneak Attack 2d6
Benefit: Your Fighter and Rogue Levels stack for purposes of determining your Sneak Attack Damage, and the level of Rogue required to flank the character.

jiriku
2010-04-09, 03:05 PM
Or better still,

Brutal Thug[General]
Benefit: Your Fighter and Rogue Levels stack for purposes of determining your Sneak Attack Damage, the level of Rogue required to flank the character, and your fighter bonus feat progression.

Now that would be a kickin' 2-level dip for the rogue. Suddenly opens up a lot of room for a number of very feat-intensive TWF and thrower rogue builds.

Mauther
2010-04-09, 03:10 PM
The closest you might get is the Thug (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/unearthedCoreClass.html#thug) variant in the SRD, but that just trades the Fighter's Bonus Feats for Sneak Attack, and I assume you want the fighter bonus feats.

Other than that, ask your DM if he'd let you take a custom feat to do so, as I assume you plan to take mostly fighter levels for the feats? Something like...

Brutal Thug[General]
Benefit: Your Fighter and Rogue Levels stack for purposes of determining your Sneak Attack Damage, and the level of Rogue required to flank the character.

To prevent the inevitable dip, I'd probably replace the two bonus feat requirement with "Weapon Specialization".

Draz74
2010-04-09, 03:50 PM
Meh, Weapon Specialization aside, 4-level dips would be popular because they mean you'd end up with 16 BAB.

Or 6-level dips with Dungeoncrasher.

QuantumSteve
2010-04-09, 03:55 PM
To prevent the inevitable dip, I'd probably replace the two bonus feat requirement with "Weapon Specialization".

Or Fighter level 4.

Zeta Kai
2010-04-09, 04:00 PM
Meh, Weapon Specialization aside, 4-level dips would be popular because they mean you'd end up with 16 BAB.

Uh, that's only +1BAB over a straight Rogue 20, for the record.

Curmudgeon
2010-04-09, 04:06 PM
The important consideration is that it affords a 4th iterative attack. Epic levels don't increase your number of attacks, so what you get at level 20 is what you're stuck with forever.

Telonius
2010-04-09, 04:07 PM

It would give four attacks, which is what the Rogue's really after.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-09, 04:20 PM
It would give four attacks, which is what the Rogue's really after.

Don't forget, many rogues go TWF route, plus with 4 fighter level you get three feats

bartman
2010-04-10, 11:25 AM
I'm looking at going with a melee nightcrawler build, so the standard
2 Rogue/6 Warlock/4-6 Teflammar Shadowlord/6-8 X
with X being either a fighter (feats, BAB), Swashbuckler (free weapon finesse, daring outlaw), or back into Rogue (imp evasion as my special ability)

what do you all think about this, any suggestions? I do not play casters as a general rule(warlock being the exception), and ToB/ToM/MoI are generally out as well

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-10, 12:48 PM
You need 3 levels of rogue to qualify for telflamar shadow lord (2d6 SA) and I suggest you go Swashbuckler for daring outlaw and more bab, though if you can convince your DM for brutal thug feat, then by all means go fighter.

bartman
2010-04-10, 02:37 PM
This is all conceptual at this point, and while I do have a campaign he could feature in, my current character would have to die twice in order for me to bring him in. (DM wants us to Res at least once)

Good catch on the 3 rogue levels, i missed that entirely. going to have to go over the other builds I have seen to see how they did it, or if they messed up as well.