PDA

View Full Version : Is this balanced?

WarKitty
2010-04-09, 04:12 PM
I'm shifting a game away from a homebrew system to a more 3.5 based system (the homebrew really isn't working, it's too imbalanced). I wanted to preserve the high-power feel of the campaign though. So here's the character classes:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?igqmx4jikew

Sorry about the download, but I'm having a lot of computer troubles on my end. Anyways could people tell me if they think this is balanced, and if not where it needs changing?

Gnaritas
2010-04-09, 04:19 PM
I only briefly looked at it, but it seems to me out of all the classes there, you improved the best class the most: the sorcerer

Faster spellprogression
More spells known
More spell slots

Sorcerer was tier 2 and becomes stronger, let's say a strong tier 1.5

The Rogue gets special abilities early, which is pretty nice. Was tier 4, now tier 3
The Barbarian gets a Fighter feat every even level, which does help a lot. Was tier 4, tier 3 now.
The Bard gets more spell slots and some healing abilities. Was tier 3, prolly still, but better.
The Ranger is forced into ranged combat, which generally is not good, weakest class. Was tier 4, still is.

WarKitty
2010-04-09, 04:27 PM
I only briefly looked at it, but it seems to me out of all the classes there, you improved the best class the most: the sorcerer

Faster spellprogression
More spells known
More spell slots

The Rogue got some special abilities of which you do not mention what they are.
The Barbarian gets a Fighter feat every even level, which does help a lot.
The Ranger is forced into ranged combat, which generally is not good.

Sorry about that...the special abilities can be found here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm#specialAbilities).

I may go ahead and nerf the sorcerer, although I'll have to work out how much.

Gnaritas
2010-04-09, 04:31 PM
Sorry about that...the special abilities can be found here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm#specialAbilities).

I may go ahead and nerf the sorcerer, although I'll have to work out how much.

How about keeping it the way it was? at the very least do not improve it.

I edited my previous post...

WarKitty
2010-04-09, 04:46 PM

Faster spellprogression
More spells known
More spell slots

Sorcerer was tier 2 and becomes stronger, let's say a strong tier 1.5

The Rogue gets special abilities early, which is pretty nice. Was tier 4, now tier 3
The Barbarian gets a Fighter feat every even level, which does help a lot. Was tier 4, tier 3 now.
The Bard gets more spell slots and some healing abilities. Was tier 3, prolly still, but better.
The Ranger is forced into ranged combat, which generally is not good, weakest class. Was tier 4, still is.

Ok...think I got this...

Sorcerer - use base D&D class instead of improved. Maybe add more slots for lower-level spells, since I tend to have lots of low-level stuff.

Rouge - good
Barbarian - good
Bard - we'll see. will probably die due to the player behind this one anyways

Ranger - needs melee abilities. (although my monsters do have a nasty habit of taking potshots and running). Will have to think about how to do this, as I would prefer an arcane archer flavor here.