PDA

View Full Version : Human Bonus Feat.... without being Human [3.5]

TheYoungKing
2010-04-09, 05:35 PM
Anyone know of any good races that offer the Human Bonus feat but aren't the standard PHB Humans?

Eldariel
2010-04-09, 05:35 PM
Strongheart Halfling from Player's Guide to Faerun is the only other race with an open bonus feat like Human. They're very good too.

TheYoungKing
2010-04-09, 05:41 PM
There's also Silverbrow Humans.... darn, I thought there might be another somewhere... oh well....

Eldariel
2010-04-09, 05:42 PM
There's also Silverbrow Humans.... darn, I thought there might be another somewhere... oh well....

Human knockoffs like Silverbrow Humans, Azurin and company of course. I just file them under "Human" hence why I didn't list any.

Godskook
2010-04-09, 05:43 PM
I think there's one or two other human subraces that have bonus feats, but pretty much humans and halflings are the only ones that get them, so if you're looking for something more exotic race-wise, no dice.

tonberrian
2010-04-09, 05:44 PM
Azurins, I think, are another human subrace that gains a bonus feat. They also give up the extra skill points for a point of Essentia - a more than fair trade, IMO. The only problem is that they have a favored class, and it sucks.

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-09, 06:46 PM
Any race that can cast either polymorph or metamorphosis (or their stronger cousins) can become human to get a feat they can change each time.

So...yeah.

Darrin
2010-04-09, 07:07 PM
Hadozee (the gliding pirate monkeys) start with the Dodge feat. This is one of the most popular prereq feats, although you lose the option of getting something better like Expeditious Dodge or Midnight Dodge.

Desert Orcs (Unearthed Arcana) start with Endurance. Frostblood Orcs/Half-Orcs also start with Endurance, but they also have the an option if they gain endurance later from a class/PrC, they can swap it for any other bonus feat they qualify for. So if you *know* you're going to take three levels of Ranger, you can treat that as a bonus feat.

Godskook
2010-04-09, 07:20 PM
Desert Wind Dodge will actually let you substitute dodge out for a better feat.

Ryuuk
2010-04-09, 08:03 PM
There's also Karsites from the Tome of Magic, although they come with a +2 LA and can't cast arcane or divine spells. They do have some good abilities though (dispelling armor with a hit, Spell Resistance, healing when their resistance works, +2 Con and +2 Cha)