PDA

View Full Version : On The Plus Side (Broken, feel free to laugh)

gooddragon1
2010-04-10, 02:42 AM
I made a dreadnought class a while back for a character that was pretty much not inclined for adventuring due to lack of need. So I made a secondary one. Her most broken ability is called On the Plus Side. I am posting it for "reviews" but more for laughs and because I'm not sure exactly what forum to post it in (though it is a homebrew creation of my own I guess...)

Here is the character: Thissa (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=36510)

and here is the ability...

On the Plus Side (Su)

All decreases (except to things like hit points from damage and power points from manifesting a power) and penalties Thissa would suffer are instead treated as increases and bonuses (that stack with everything). If Thissa would suffer a decrease or penalty but somehow negates it, she instead gains double the decrease as an increase or double the penalty as a bonus. The functioning of this ability can never be impaired by any means.

Examples of how this works:

Thissa is currently wearing a half-plate and tower shield. These give -17 penalties. Because she is proficient with them, she adds 34 instead of 17 on all attack rolls and things she would take penalties in from non-proficiency. Swim suffers from a -34 penalty which turns into a +34 bonus, but also is a STR related skill and thus gets the +34 from non proficiency for a +68 bonus total. Max dex bonus of +0 would reduce dex bonus to AC from the +10 that it is to +0. Thus instead it grants the exact AC bonus from dex as +10 for a total of +20. Heavy armor reduces speed by 10 and multipliers for running by 1. Instead it increases speed by 10 and multipliers by 1. The quick trait increases base movement speed by 10 but reduces hit points gained per level by 1, instead hit points gained per level increase by 1. The slow trait and 2 instances of the slow flaw reduce base movement speed by half. Base Movement speed of 40 * 2 = 80 * 2 = 160 * 2 = 320 + 10 for armor + 10 for speed of thought = 340 with an x6 multiplier when running. If she stepped on a caltrop this would become 680 until the damage was healed. If she became fatigued, she wouldn't be able to run or charge (those aren't decreases or penalties) but would gain +2 str and dex. Iterative attacks at a +5 bonus for each extra attack. Etc...

Just hilarious how it works. (Effects of this ability make so much sense my eyes are bleeding)

EDIT: Could don hastily for more effect... but meh

EDIT2: May have messed up on some logic and will have to fix some numbers... still hilarious.

Temotei
2010-04-10, 02:47 AM
Negative levels would be delicious.

gooddragon1
2010-04-10, 02:49 AM
Negative levels would be delicious.

Until they get removed (if they get removed)... but yes.

Temotei
2010-04-10, 02:50 AM
Until they get removed (if they get removed)... but yes.

Have the wizard do the whole broken enervation with metamagic combo (I think it involved maximize, empower, and split ray), then have him/her extend it if possible. :smallcool: Feel the power!

gooddragon1
2010-04-10, 02:53 AM
Have the wizard do the whole broken enervation with metamagic combo (I think it involved maximize, empower, and split ray), then have him/her extend it if possible. :smallcool: Feel the power!

Body Fuel (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#bodyFuel)

Body Fuel [Psionic]

You can expand your power point total at the expense of your health.
Benefit

You can recover 2 power points by taking 1 point of ability burn damage to each of your three ability scores: Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution.

You can recover additional power points for a proportional cost to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution. These recovered points are added to your power point reserve as if you had gained them by resting overnight.

Special

Only living creatures can use this feat. You can take advantage of this feat only while in your own body.

Much faster, though not exactly level up...

draco_nite
2010-04-10, 03:23 AM
I actually had thought of a spell called "Jinx" that did something similar to this. It caused morale bonuses and penalties to be reversed on a target. (i.e. A barbarian's rage would cause him to LOSE Str and Con instead of gain it.) I never made it, though, since I have no idea what level this spell would be.

gooddragon1
2010-04-10, 03:36 PM
I actually had thought of a spell called "Jinx" that did something similar to this. It caused morale bonuses and penalties to be reversed on a target. (i.e. A barbarian's rage would cause him to LOSE Str and Con instead of gain it.) I never made it, though, since I have no idea what level this spell would be.

If it's just morale bonuses and penalties I'd make it a 3rd level luck domain and 4th level cleric/wizard spell. Just my opinion.

Temotei
2010-04-10, 03:39 PM

Only morale bonuses? Those are really rare. Would the target know the bonuses and penalties switched?

draco_nite
2010-04-10, 03:56 PM
Only morale bonuses? Those are really rare. Would the target know the bonuses and penalties switched?

No, they wouldn't be aware. The idea is that they'd jinx themselves by thinking they could do something.

If it's just morale bonuses and penalties I'd make it a 3rd level luck domain and 4th level cleric/wizard spell. Just my opinion.
Luck domain sounds nice. I was also thinking it'd fit into a bard's theme quite nicely.

Temotei
2010-04-10, 03:59 PM
No, they wouldn't be aware. The idea is that they'd jinx themselves by thinking they could do something.

Luck domain sounds nice. I was also thinking it'd fit into a bard's theme quite nicely.

Hexblade too.