PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Oh No It's The Juggernaut!!1!

Astroplaque
2010-04-10, 10:49 AM
Hey all! So this is my first time attempting to make a full 20 level base class, and I was wondering if I could get some help with balance. My friends and I have done some limited testing, and it seems to be working out all right, but more feedback is always better. Thanks in advance!

The skills need work in particular, and the damage increases might be out of whack, but I was trying to keep the damage comparable with wizards and fighters and their enchanted weapons. (As impossible as that might be:smallamused:)

Oh NO it’s the Juggernaut!!!1

Juggernaut
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Hit 'em Hard (d6)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|What Is This A MOOD RING?!?1?

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|I'll Break Ya In Half

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Hit 'em Harder (d8)

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Brace For Impact

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Throw Anything

7th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+3|Hit 'em Harder Still (d10+2)

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|I'm The Juggernaut!!

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Your Weapons Cannot Harm Me

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Let Me IN!! Hit 'em Really Hard (d12+3)

11th|
+11|
+7|
+3|
+3|Watch Me Power Up

12th|
+12|
+8|
+4|
+4|You Must Not Know Who I Am

13th|
+13|
+8|
+4|
+4|Hit 'em Like You Mean It (2d6+4)

14th|
+13|
+9|
+5|
+5|Chuck It Hard

15th|
+15|
+9|
+5|
+5|Let Me In Here Too!!!

16th|
+16|
+10|
+5|
+5|Hit 'em Like You Really Mean It (2d10+5)

17th|
+17|
+10|
+5|
+5|I Need This

18th|
+18|
+6|
+6|
+6|I Need These Too

19th|
+19|
+11|
+6|
+6|Hit 'em Like You're Serious (2d12+6)

20th|
+20|
+6|
+6|
+6|No One Else Was Large Enough To Accommodate The Power[/table]

Skills: Balance, Craft (Armor), Intimidate, Profession (Bully), Survival
Skill points: (2+ Int Mod)x4 @ 1st level
2+ Int Mod/ level

POWERS

Hit ‘em Hard
This is the Juggernaut’s ability to strike things while unarmed as though he were armed. This ability grants the Juggernaut Improved Unarmed Strike, even if he doesn’t qualify for it. The Juggernaut rolls 1d6 for damage of the fists.

What Is This A MOOD RING?!?!1?
Once the Juggernaut gains this ability he must either craft or find a ring worth at least 300gp. This ring will size to fit the Juggernaut, regardless of size changes, and can never be removed from the hand it is placed upon, even by the Juggernaut. Even posthumously. This ring becomes the focus for the Hit ‘em Hard bonuses, and Watch Me Power Up. The mood ring doesn’t count towards the maximum of two magical rings that a character may wear.

I’ll Break Ya in Half
This ability grants the Juggernaut a bonus in grappling equal to half of his Juggernaut levels.

Hit ‘em Harder
The Juggernaut’s hands have hardened and now deal 1d8 in damage instead of d6.

Brace For Impact
The Juggernaut now adds his strength modifier to his armor class. This ability only functions when the Juggernaut is wearing heavy armor.

Throw Anything
The Juggernaut receives the Throw Anything feat, even if he doesn’t meet the prerequisites.

Hit ‘em Harder Still
The Juggernauts fists have become even more powerful, and function as though they had a +2 enhancement bonus. This adds to both hit and damage.

I’m the Juggernaut!!
This ability grants the Juggernaut a bonus on his intimidate rolls equal to one half of his character level.

Your Weapons Cannot Harm Me
The Juggernaut’s skin and flesh has begun to take on the quality of his armor, becoming resistant to damage. This power grants damage reduction 2/-, which increases by one for every three Juggernaut levels the Juggernaut attains beyond 9th.

Let me IN!!
The Juggernaut may teleport a distance equal to five feet times half of his Juggernaut level once per day. I.e. a 10th level juggernaut may teleport up to 25 ft. The Juggernaut need not see the destination, and will always teleport into a clear area.

Hit ‘em Really Hard
The Juggernaut’s fists again toughen up, increasing the damage to 1d12. His affinity with the mood ring also increases, increasing the enhancement bonus of his fists to +3

Watch Me Power Up
This power allows the juggernaut to heal wounds on himself equal to 3 times his current Juggernaut level. This may be spread out over multiple uses.

You Must Not Know Who I Am
The Juggernaut may now craft custom armor. The process entails the Juggernaut designing the armor in his mind and forcing the armor he is wearing to take that shape. This process may only be done upon attaining this power, but it applies to every suit of armor the Juggernaut later dons. In addition to ascetic affects the Juggernaut may apply one of the following powers to the design.

+2 Enhancement to one ability +15 Hit Points +4 to damage
15 Spell Resistance +2 to hit Heal 2xJuggernaut level 2/day

Hit ‘em Like You Mean It
The Juggernaut has learned to hold less back in his punches, as well as to draw more from the mood ring. The Juggernaut’s fists now deal 2d6 and have an enhancement bonus of +4.

Chuck It Hard
The Juggernaut may now apply the enhancement bonus gained from his mood ring to anything that he throws.

Let Me In Here Too!!!
The Juggernaut gains a burrow speed of 5 ft/round for rounds equal to one half of his Juggernaut level. The Juggernaut may burrow through stone, and anything softer.

Hit ‘em Like You Really Mean It
The Juggernaut holds even less back from his punches, and draws upon the mood ring heavily for more power. The damage increases to 2d10 with an enhancement bonus of +5.

I Need This
The Juggernaut may tear boulders from the ground, regardless of the surface upon which he is standing. The boulder retrieved is medium sized for his size category. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

I Need These Too
The Juggernaut may now tear a large boulder from the ground, or tear two medium boulders, and then throw them. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Hit ‘em Like You’re Serious (2d12 +6)
The Juggernaut now knows the full might that is available to him, and punches accordingly. He deals 2d12 damage and draws fully on the mood ring, giving him a +6 enhancement bonus.

No One Else Was Large Enough To Accommodate The Power
The Juggernaut grows one size category larger, with all the bonuses and penalties that are associated with this change.

Dust
2010-04-10, 11:39 AM
Brace for Impact is easily breakable. This, more than anything else, needs to be re-thought.

The I Need This and the I Need This Too powers are silly, in that they don't actually have any real description. How much do Large and Medium boulders weigh, and thus how much damage to they do when thrown?

The whole entry reads like a joke class, but I get the feeling that you want it to be taken seriously when played. You'll want to think about revising things if you actually want it to be treated as anything other than a laughingstock of a class when in play. Sure, you might be a beast on the battlefield, but when your enemies realize that the character's unarmed power comes from that 300gp, easily-breakable-ring he's wearing around his finger, you seriously start to look like less of a threat and more of a saturday-morning-cartoon gone bad.

Realms of Chaos
2010-04-10, 07:28 PM
Okay, let's take a look at this...

Hey all! So this is my first time attempting to make a full 20 level base class, and I was wondering if I could get some help with balance. My friends and I have done some limited testing, and it seems to be working out all right, but more feedback is always better. Thanks in advance!

You're welcome in advance. :smallwink:

The skills need work in particular, and the damage increases might be out of whack, but I was trying to keep the damage comparable with wizards and fighters and their enchanted weapons. (As impossible as that might be:smallamused:)

Even though most fighters don't rely on magical weapons for their damage and most wizards don't rely on damage at all, I'll keep this in mind.

As a point of reference, the most damaging thing that a wizard gets (at least in core) would be a maximized Disintegrate spell (using a 9th level spell slot), dealing a whopping 240 damage. Let's see if this guy can reach this level of raw pain-inducement.

Oh NO it’s the Juggernaut!!!1

Juggernaut
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Hit 'em Hard (d6)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|What Is This A MOOD RING?!?1?

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|I'll Break Ya In Half

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Hit 'em Harder (d8)

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Brace For Impact

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Throw Anything

7th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+3|Hit 'em Harder Still (d10+2)

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|I'm The Juggernaut!!

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Your Weapons Cannot Harm Me

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Let Me IN!! Hit 'em Really Hard (d12+3)

11th|
+11|
+7|
+3|
+3|Watch Me Power Up

12th|
+12|
+8|
+4|
+4|You Must Not Know Who I Am

13th|
+13|
+8|
+4|
+4|Hit 'em Like You Mean It (2d6+4)

14th|
+13|
+9|
+5|
+5|Chuck It Hard

15th|
+15|
+9|
+5|
+5|Let Me In Here Too!!!

16th|
+16|
+10|
+5|
+5|Hit 'em Like You Really Mean It (2d10+5)

17th|
+17|
+10|
+5|
+5|I Need This

18th|
+18|
+6|
+6|
+6|I Need These Too

19th|
+19|
+11|
+6|
+6|Hit 'em Like You're Serious (2d12+6)

20th|
+20|
+6|
+6|
+6|No One Else Was Large Enough To Accommodate The Power[/table]

Honestly, the "Oh No It's The Juggernaut!!1!" thing works well as a title of the thread to attract views but I don't see why it is needed in the actual class. It comes across as being a bit more juvenile than amusing, I'm afraid.

On a far more constructive note, most people include iterative attacks in their table (so level 20's BAB would read "+20/+15/+10/+5") and your level 20 Fortitude should be +12 and not +6.

Also, you get points for not putting in dead levels.

Skills: Balance, Craft (Armor), Intimidate, Profession (Bully), Survival
Skill points: (2+ Int Mod)x4 @ 1st level
2+ Int Mod/ level

Okay, this is something that you wanted help with.
I realize just now that your lack of fluff means that I don't know if you are referring specifically to the X-men character or to a general character who is an unstoppable force (the definition of juggernaut).
First off, there is no reason to restrict crafting to just armor (I'm pretty sure that no other class does this). Even though the X-men juggernaut never uses weaponry, putting him into an RPG gives the players a say in the matter. Personally, the image of a juggernaut charging at me with a claymore gives my chills.
Secondly, profession (bully) isn't a skill. Profession is used to make money and bullying doesn't do that (unless you are literally stealing kids' lunch money). :smalltongue:
I'd suggest adding Jump (this guy is good at inertia), as well as listen and spot (which can be added to literally anything) as class skills.

Also, as a note for the future (in case you continue homebrewing), try listing skills in a format like the one below:

Class Skills: *insert class skills here*
Skill Points at 1st Level: (X+Int)x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: X+Int

I didn't copy it down perfectly but even that would be more familiar for most of us.

POWERS

Two things:
1. Most people (like WotC) use the term "Class Features". I get what you mean but it sounds like this thing is coming from Mutants and Masterminds or something rather than DnD (note: has never played M&M).
2. You forgot to include weapon and armor proficiences. Without them, the juggernaut cannot wear his famous armor (yes, I'm assuming that you refer to the X-men from now on) and takes a penalty when using his own fists.
As a special note, if you want this guy to fight unarmed, it's best if you give him proficiency with unarmed strikes (something that WotC forgot to do with the monk :smallsigh:)

Hit ‘em Hard
This is the Juggernaut’s ability to strike things while unarmed as though he were armed. This ability grants the Juggernaut Improved Unarmed Strike, even if he doesn’t qualify for it. The Juggernaut rolls 1d6 for damage of the fists.

Improved Unarmed Strike has no prerequisites so the part that I bolded above is entirely unecessary.
Also, this guy is surprisingly weak for a first level character. All that you get at 1st level is a mediocre weapon. I'd rather be a barbarian, a fighter, a soulknife, or even a warrior (an NPC class). A warrior with a greatsword is superior to a level 1 juggernaut. Please add something else at 1st level to rectify this.

What Is This A MOOD RING?!?!1?
Once the Juggernaut gains this ability he must either craft or find a ring worth at least 300gp. This ring will size to fit the Juggernaut, regardless of size changes, and can never be removed from the hand it is placed upon, even by the Juggernaut. Even posthumously. This ring becomes the focus for the Hit ‘em Hard bonuses, and Watch Me Power Up. The mood ring doesn’t count towards the maximum of two magical rings that a character may wear.

Let me say that I don't get these ability names. Are they comic book quotes/references? If so, you may want to name them something that more people are going to understand.
Secondly, who would choose to craft the ring when they could find it instead. Furthermore, if it is at least worth 300 gp, what stops them from finding a 10,000 gp ring and just selling it? It's an extreme example, sure, but it bids asking.
Third, I'm unsure what this is good for. You say the word "focus" but does that mean that you lose your powers if you remove the ring? If so, this is as much of a class feature as a wizard's spellbook (which, if you recall, is not on the wizard's class table).
In short, you get to level 2 and still have nothing to do but attack with a mediocre weapon. The warrior should not be better than your class at this point.

I’ll Break Ya in Half
This ability grants the Juggernaut a bonus in grappling equal to half of his Juggernaut levels.

For the record, most classes include what levels they gain each ability at in the description of thier abilities. In this way, we don't have to keep looking at the class table to see where things go. For exaple, you might put "Starting at 3rd level," at the start of this ability to let us know when we get it.
Secondly, gaining a +1 grapple bonus at 3rd level (everything rounds down in DnD unless stated otherwise) isn't that impressive, making the warrior a still-superior choice.
In the long run, however, this is a very impressive option and helps make grappling a decent option so I solute you. I do suggest lowering this ability to 2nd level as your mood ring provides you with no actual benefit.

Hit ‘em Harder
The Juggernaut’s hands have hardened and now deal 1d8 in damage instead of d6.

You finally deal more damage with your fists. Unfortunately, your average of 4.5 damage per attack is still lower than a warrior's average of 7 damage per attack with his greatsword. The grapple bonus increases again but I'd rather get +2.5 damage over +2 grapple.

Brace For Impact
The Juggernaut now adds his strength modifier to his armor class. This ability only functions when the Juggernaut is wearing heavy armor.

And at long last, at level 5, the Juggernaut becomes better than an NPC class. As mentioned before, this ability is easily broken. You are gaining an untyped bonus to your AC equal to your most important ability modifier that not only stacks with heavy armor (unlike the monk, ninja, and swordsage) but in fact requires heavy armor.
I'd make it a natural armor bonus (rather than untyped) and reduce it to half of your strength bonus (or half of your Constitution bonus, as that really makes more sense in this case).

Throw Anything
The Juggernaut receives the Throw Anything feat, even if he doesn’t meet the prerequisites.

okay, so by level 6 you have a decent weapon, +3 to grapple, a High AC, and a bonus feat. Pretty decent, all things considered.
There is, however, a very big problem with the feat. If you read the Throw Anything feat carefully, it only lets you throw weapons you are proficient with. As I mentioned earlier, you forgot to include any proficiencies so this is absolutely worthless.

Hit ‘em Harder Still
The Juggernauts fists have become even more powerful, and function as though they had a +2 enhancement bonus. This adds to both hit and damage.

Interesting. Level 7 is very late to have a magical weapon (most players can afford one by level 3) but at least they are +2 weapons (which most players can afford by level 5). On the other hand, you can't be disarmed or dispelled or sundered or anything so that's a big plus.
There are two notes worth making, though. First of all, I realize now that none of your abilities are listed as being (Ex) [extraordinary], (Su) [supernatural], or (Sp) [spell-like]. You might want to change that. Secondly, everyone knows what an enhancement bonus is, making the second sentance pointless.
Ah, one more thing. You forgot to mention that the damage increases to a d10. If you really want to keep the damage comparable with a fighter, however, I'd just skip right to 2d6.

I’m the Juggernaut!!
This ability grants the Juggernaut a bonus on his intimidate rolls equal to one half of his character level.

Well, it's safe to say that everyone knows this line, albeit with a curse added on to the end. Anyhow, It's nice to see an ability running on half of your level being given out at an even level. It's just so... aesthetic.
Unfortunately, this ability really isn't all that. A random skill bonus just isn't that impressive at level 8. I''d suggest combining this with "I'll Break Ya In Half" and making something else for level 8.

Your Weapons Cannot Harm Me
The Juggernaut’s skin and flesh has begun to take on the quality of his armor, becoming resistant to damage. This power grants damage reduction 2/-, which increases by one for every three Juggernaut levels the Juggernaut attains beyond 9th.

So you end up with DR 5/- like the barbarian. I'm sorry to say it but this was not one of the barbarian's stronger talents and it isn't that impressive here.

Let me IN!!
The Juggernaut may teleport a distance equal to five feet times half of his Juggernaut level once per day. I.e. a 10th level juggernaut may teleport up to 25 ft. The Juggernaut need not see the destination, and will always teleport into a clear area.

Okay, I don't get this. This seems as random as some of the monk abilities. I never knew that the Juggernaut could teleport and it just ends up looking out of place.

Hit ‘em Really Hard
The Juggernaut’s fists again toughen up, increasing the damage to 1d12. His affinity with the mood ring also increases, increasing the enhancement bonus of his fists to +3

The names of these abilities are starting to get really redundant. Hooray for a weapon that others might've had as early as 7th level... I guess. Well, at least you get it for free.
As I mentioned above, there is no reason to make the damage dice so big before you go into multiple dice (especially if you want to keep up with fighters and wizards). I'd increase the damage to 2d8.

Watch Me Power Up
This power allows the juggernaut to heal wounds on himself equal to 3 times his current Juggernaut level. This may be spread out over multiple uses.

Just like you took a barbarian's unimpressive damage reduction, you took the monk's unimpressive wholeness of body. Well, at least you improved it a bit. If you state that it is activated as a swift action, it might actually be half decent.

You Must Not Know Who I Am
The Juggernaut may now craft custom armor. The process entails the Juggernaut designing the armor in his mind and forcing the armor he is wearing to take that shape. This process may only be done upon attaining this power, but it applies to every suit of armor the Juggernaut later dons. In addition to ascetic affects the Juggernaut may apply one of the following powers to the design.

+2 Enhancement to one ability +15 Hit Points +4 to damage
15 Spell Resistance +2 to hit Heal 2xJuggernaut level 2/day

Ack, my eyes. Seriously, consider listing the possible benefits in a bullet point list as follows

+2 enhancement bonus to one ability score
+15 Hit Points
+4 bonus to damage rolls
Spell Resistance 15
+2 bonus to attack rolls
2/day: Heal hit points equal to twice your class level (what action does this require by the way?)

Let me point out that this ability really isn't that impressive. Some of the options are a bit tempting but they are all weak for level 12, none other than the healing one scales at all as you grow stronger, and Spell Resistance 15 is absolutely worthless.
Lastly, a couple questions go unanswered. How long does it take to change the armor (automatic, swift action, move action, full-round action, 24 hours, etc)? Also, does it remain changed when you remove it?

Hit ‘em Like You Mean It
The Juggernaut has learned to hold less back in his punches, as well as to draw more from the mood ring. The Juggernaut’s fists now deal 2d6 and have an enhancement bonus of +4.

Once again a bit late to get this an the base damage remains a bit weak (at least 3d6 is necessary by this point).

Chuck It Hard
The Juggernaut may now apply the enhancement bonus gained from his mood ring to anything that he throws.

I think that you intended this ability to read:
"Starting at 14th level, the Juggernaut applies the enhancement bonus gained from his mood ring on all attack rolls and damage rolls made with thrown weapons."

Let Me In Here Too!!!
The Juggernaut gains a burrow speed of 5 ft/round for rounds equal to one half of his Juggernaut level. The Juggernaut may burrow through stone, and anything softer.

Once again a very wierd ability. It's not too weak for level 15 but it just looks odd.

Hit ‘em Like You Really Mean It
The Juggernaut holds even less back from his punches, and draws upon the mood ring heavily for more power. The damage increases to 2d10 with an enhancement bonus of +5.

Still a bit late and the damage is too low (3d8 or 4d6 is really needed by now to even make a difference).

I Need This
The Juggernaut may tear boulders from the ground, regardless of the surface upon which he is standing. The boulder retrieved is medium sized for his size category. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Oh... now I get it. You thought that the throw anything feat literally lets you throw anything. No, that is not true. Sorry.
What you were looking for is the incredibly overpowered "Really Throw Anything" ability of the Hulking Hurler PrC (from Complete Warrior much like the feat).
I wouldn't suggest adding that to the class as it is one of the most broken abilities every created for a martial class... ever (other than questionable use of ironheart surge).

I Need These Too
The Juggernaut may now tear a large boulder from the ground, or tear two medium boulders, and then throw them. This is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Kind of wierd that you are empowering an ability gained at the previous level. It's also kind of strange that the previous ability didn't actually say you can throw them. In fact, everything about this is strange.
How much damage do large and medium boulders do? If you expect us to use the Complete Warrior guide for improvised weapon damage, we can't do that either. That guide relies on the weight of the weapon and you don't tell us how much the boulders weigh, either.
Shouldn't you be telling us the weight of boulder we can use rather than the size (as a medium boulder of limestone weighs far less and thus deals far less damage than a medium boulder of lead)?

Hit ‘em Like You’re Serious (2d12 +6)
The Juggernaut now knows the full might that is available to him, and punches accordingly. He deals 2d12 damage and draws fully on the mood ring, giving him a +6 enhancement bonus.

Wow. Short of epic levels, no weapon actually gains a numeric +6 enhancement bonus. Of course, by the time you get this, the numeric bonus doesn't count for anything. No, at this point, everyone is using their nice speed, brilliant energy, and/or vorpal weapons. Having an extra +1 bonus is utterly insignificant.
By now, the damage should be either 4d6, 4d8, or 5d6. Even then, the weapon isn't that amazing.

No One Else Was Large Enough To Accommodate The Power
The Juggernaut grows one size category larger, with all the bonuses and penalties that are associated with this change.

Well, this is the first ability that looks pretty awesome. Unfortunately, it just isn't good enough to be a real capstone. It would look nice at around level 12 or something but not this late. Sorry.

Final Note: You forgot to give this guy a Hit Dice. I assume that it uses a d12 like a barbarian but you really need to include this in (normally right above the skills section.

Final Analysis: Looking over this class, this doesn't really look like a juggernaut in any sense of the word. You could've had a class that is based around charging attacks, perhaps with abilites to improve charges and to bull rush and overrun enemies. You could've helped this guy break down walls instead of teleporting/burrowing through them. There was so much that could be done with this class and that still can be done if you reconsider your thought process.
It's current power level, if I had to guess, hovers around that of the monk and soulknife. It deals low damage, has low versatility, and its abilities often fail to synergize that well. All that it can truly say is that it has a truly rocking AC. Once again, all of this can be fixed with some fine-tuning.

I can't judge how true this is to the x-men character due to my lack of access to the comics but this class (at the moment) doesn't seem to feal like the unstoppable force that a juggernaut is (by definition).

Sorry if I came across as a bit harsh. It wasn't my intention.

Binary Stars
2010-04-12, 02:17 AM
Old meme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ

Astroplaque
2010-04-12, 09:52 AM
Binary Stars:
You caught me, my friends and I were obsessed with that for a while, and consequently made this class to incorporate it into our game, but I would like to see more general applications of it, and maybe put it in a campaign world I'm working on.

Realms of Chaos:
Thank you for that breakdown, it's exceptionally helpful. I'm glad that the class is slightly underpowered, it's a lot easier for me to add things than to take them away. I will start working on a class with several paths to take, the unarmed, charging, and an armed path. I will probably have to wait to post it sadly, my school is gearing up for finals and all of my professors just realized that they don't have enough grades for the semester, so I'm buried so deep in homework that I fear I may never see the light of day again.:smallfrown: But you have given me a lot to think about and incorporate. Thank you again.

On a different note is there a thread with how to format things on this forum? Like how to do those nifty quote things and the spoilers and the like? I'm haven't been posting a lot and I don't know those things just yet.

Anarril
2010-04-12, 11:55 AM
First of all: my compliments on receiving that (very constructive!) criticism so well. Hearing someone critique something you made can be hard and your reaction was as gracious as can be :smallsmile:.

If you ever find daylight and free time again, don't be afraid to up the power by quite a bit. At level 20 this class would really have to put in some effort to come close to the (utterly unoptimised) 240 damage Realms of Chaos listed. And doing straight damage is not even the thing that makes Wizards & co as powerful as they are (preparing for anything, controlling the battlefield, (de)buffing and disabling an opponent in different ways are their strong points).
Also: the tables you are looking for can be found in this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313) thread.

If you ever want to play something close to the Juggernaut without building a custom class, consider playing a Goliath Warblade or Crusader.
Goliaths (from Races of Stone) have a few attractive qualities (such as counting as one size category larger in many cases and throwing stones (with a feat)) without a large level adjustment (LA+1).
Warblades/Crusader (from Tome of Battle) get many abilities that fit the Juggernaut like a glove, including:
* excellent charge attacks
* counting as one size larger in different ways (reach, for grappling, etc)
* stomping over people like a freight train
* punching through damage reduction
* (if you get your dm to allow Setting Sun discipline for either of these) throwing people around :smallcool:
* all of this while armed or unarmed
* many more!
I know this kind of advice (want melee? play ToB) is given very often but I think that it is just very appropriate in this case. If you want more advice on this, don't hesitate to PM me or comment about it in this thread.

Good luck with your schoolwork and good gaming!

Nodwick22
2010-04-13, 09:20 AM
if you are trying to make the juggernaut from the comic books you might want to make this a prestige class. but be sure to put a size req. of large or bigger. Can you imagine a small or smaller juggernaut?

Binary Stars
2010-04-13, 11:42 PM
Imagine the PCs reactions when they run upon several fine creatures with levels in Juggernaut. D:

Melayl
2010-04-14, 04:22 AM
I think a halfling juggernaut would be an absolute riot to play. I will echo the congratulations on taking the wonderful constructive criticism so well. Much better than I did with my first brew.

Jack of Spades
2010-04-14, 06:18 PM
'I Need This' seems like it'd make for some odd fights between the DM and the Juggernaut:

DM: You wake up in a desert, fine sand stretching as far as the eye can see.
Jugs: I rip a boulder from the ground.
DM: You would, but there aren't any large rocks undergr--
J: I RIP A BOULDER OUT OF THE GROUND!

And so on. Other examples: the tarpaulin exterior of an airship; a monster's head; water, after the Water Walk spell is applied; a large pile of fallen enemies; a boat; inside of a tree; inside a compound with walls made of unobtainium; a cloud in heaven/the astral plane.

Also, to save costs, I'm pretty sure I'd buy all of my armor from 12th level on sized for Diminutive creatures, then will it up to my size category.

Surrealistik
2010-04-15, 12:25 AM
'I Need This' seems like it'd make for some odd fights between the DM and the Juggernaut:

DM: You wake up in a desert, fine sand stretching as far as the eye can see.
Jugs: I rip a boulder from the ground.
DM: You would, but there aren't any large rocks undergr--
J: I RIP A BOULDER OUT OF THE GROUND!

And so on. Other examples: the tarpaulin exterior of an airship; a monster's head; water, after the Water Walk spell is applied; a large pile of fallen enemies; a boat; inside of a tree; inside a compound with walls made of unobtainium; a cloud in heaven/the astral plane.

That's in part what makes this class so awesome.