PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Campaign Help

jdfollett
2010-04-10, 01:51 PM
I have a game running in Eberron currently and I'm at an impasse. My style of DMing is to present the group with an outline of whats happening in the world around them and then react to their actions. The have gotten themselves involved in a conflict between two rival factions out of the mournland. THey have managed to seriously damage the interests of one of
the groups and have been seemingly helping the other faction. However they planned on doublecrossing both of them. The trouble I am having is that i havent planned for beyond the destruction of the first faction. And now time is short for the next session so any help would be appreciated. If you want to help please post questions about particulars you might have and Ill supply the info, thanks alot.

AslanCross
2010-04-10, 05:15 PM
Might help more if you tell us who these two groups are and how they've been affected. Please use the spoiler tags if you don't want your players or random people to see.

Prime32
2010-04-10, 05:29 PM
Might help more if you tell us who these two groups are and how they've been affected. Please use the spoiler tags if you don't want your players or random people to see.There aren't many factions in the Mournland, so odds are high that they're the followers of The Lord of Blades and The Becoming God.

Well, at least one of them is probably a warforged faction.

AslanCross
2010-04-10, 05:36 PM
There aren't many factions in the Mournland, so odds are high that they're the followers of The Lord of Blades and The Becoming God.

Well, at least one of them is probably a warforged faction.

Hmm. My brain seems to filter out proper nouns that aren't capitalized. I didn't see that.

Anyway, a general rule would be something like "nothing ever goes as planned." There's a reason these guys are power groups in the post-apocalyptic wasteland. They're tough, they're survivors, and they can show others who's boss. A group of PCs shouldn't have such an easy time bringing both down. Even if they do, there should be far-reaching consequences. The Lords of Dust or the Chamber could be secretly sponsoring either or both of the groups, or whatever. That's the nice thing about Eberron, anyway. You never know where the buck never stops, and there's always opportunity for danger and serious repercussions (read: more adventure).

lightningcat
2010-04-10, 07:42 PM
If you have to you can always throw a "random" combat encounter at them where the opponent's use a unusual battle cry and let them go off and get distracted from your main storyline for a while.
The tactic has worked for me in the past.