PDA

View Full Version : Classes or Races with access to Telekinesis?

Panigg
2010-04-10, 05:24 PM
Anyone can help me make a list of those?

The Glyphstone
2010-04-10, 05:27 PM
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard.

Templates: Ghost.

Flickerdart
2010-04-10, 05:29 PM
Races: Sorcerer, Wizard.
Those are classes.

Innis Cabal
2010-04-10, 05:30 PM
Those are classes.

Good thing the title asks for those.

The Glyphstone
2010-04-10, 05:35 PM
Who, what, where?:smalleek: That post always said Classes, stop deliberately misquoting me to discredit my awesomeness!!!!:smallfrown::smallfrown:

Thanks for the catch.

AslanCross
2010-04-10, 05:38 PM
The Psion has Telekinetic abilities as well. Not sure I know of any races, though.

Tokiko Mima
2010-04-10, 05:47 PM
Lots of demons can access telekinesis at will, and even more have it available a fixed number of times a day. My favorite as a sneaky DM is the Bar-Lgura, because they can also have a unique ability to greater teleport people against their will. There's also the Bulezau, Chasme, Guecubu, and Molydeus in Fiendish Codex I.

Optimystik
2010-04-10, 05:49 PM
Good thing the title asks for those.

He had mistakenly labeled them as races I think.

The Psion has Telekinetic abilities as well. Not sure I know of any races, though.

Rage-inducingly, psionics doesn't actually get telekinesis. It's been broken into 3 separate powers, each with reduced functionality compared to the spell. :smallmad:

AslanCross
2010-04-10, 05:53 PM
Rage-inducingly, psionics doesn't actually get telekinesis. It's been broken into 3 separate powers, each with reduced functionality compared to the spell. :smallmad:

Unfortunately, that is true. ):

Just checked the SRD. The following demons get Telekinesis at will:
-Vrock
-Marilith
-Balor

HunterOfJello
2010-04-10, 06:00 PM
Hand of the Mage is your best bet

900gp amulet that lets you use mage hand at will

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-10, 06:03 PM
Take two levels of the ghost savage progression:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

Yes, you can multiclass freely out if it; the web progressions are called out as being different things than the monster classes in savage species, and explicitly state that you can multiclass.

Lost Wanderer
2010-04-10, 06:11 PM
How has no one mentioned the githyanki? Three times a day as a racial ability at 9th level. It's one of their things, after all.

sofawall
2010-04-10, 06:20 PM
I'm pretty sure somebody is making a Master of the Unseen Hand. Am I right?

Salt_Crow
2010-04-10, 07:07 PM
Unbodied (XPH) has a telekinesis-lite at will too. But it's psionic-based, so it's more like half a telekinesis, unable to fully utilise the PrC RAW.

nargbop
2010-04-10, 07:20 PM
MoTUH = Trap! Trap Trappity Trap Trap!
Slaad is another race with access.
The Extra Spell feat allows you to learn a single spell from any list.
Expanded Knowledge from the Recaster PrC or similar class abilities allow you to take Telekinesis when you normally couldn't. Remember - TK is a Transmutation spell, so neither Beguiler nor Warmage's class abilities let you take it.
Some DM's allow you to take PrCs with a "can cast x spell" requirement if you have an item that can cast that spell. In this case, a Ring of Telekinesis is what you want. If you DM allows this, the general rule is also that you have to keep the item on hand or you temporarily lose the benefits of the PrC.

Optimystik
2010-04-10, 07:21 PM
MoTUH = Trap! Trap Trappity Trap Trap!

It actually has potential, so long as you're not trying to be a caster. There are worse PrCs in CW.

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-10, 07:27 PM
Ghost (la+0 base race) monk 5/MotUS5/wildcard, for wrestling people to death with your mind. Pump Cha for maximum modifiers, have fun.

Thurbane
2010-04-10, 08:20 PM
A Binder with the vestige Ronove (1st level) gets a limited form of telekinesis (Far Hand).

The Extra Spell feat allows you to learn a single spell from any list.

That's debatable - I think WotC "official" word on it is that it does not allow access to spells from other classes lists.

PinkysBrain
2010-04-11, 02:30 AM
Of course that does mean you get earlier access to the painfully broken violent thrust in psionics.