PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Enchanting Items

Duskranger
2010-04-11, 09:48 AM
Does anybody here know what it costs to get a multienchanted item, in short terms like a cloak of charisma combined with a cloak of resistance.

I would like to know if it's possible and how it would be reached.

Prime32
2010-04-11, 09:54 AM
Does anybody here know what it costs to get a multienchanted item, in short terms like a cloak of charisma combined with a cloak of resistance.

I would like to know if it's possible and how it would be reached.There are already rules for this in Core and the SRD - start with the cost of the most expensive item, then add 1.5x the cost of the others.

Magic Item Compendium, however, changed these rules so that there is no extra cost for adding "basic" effects like ability bonuses (just add the prices of the two items).

Duskranger
2010-04-11, 09:57 AM
Maybe a stupid question in that case but according to the magic item compendium you can put all abilitybonuses in one item? like a belt of giant strength/charisma/dexterity/constitution/intelligence/wisdom +6 (for all off course)

Prime32
2010-04-11, 09:58 AM
Maybe a stupid question in that case but according to the magic item compendium you can put all abilitybonuses in one item? like a belt of giant strength/charisma/dexterity/constitution/intelligence/wisdom +6 (for all off course)There's an item that does that called a belt of magnificence - it's cheaper than six seperate items. (IIRC the +6 version is 200,000gp compared to 216,000gp)

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-11, 09:59 AM
Maybe a stupid question in that case but according to the magic item compendium you can put all abilitybonuses in one item? like a belt of giant strength/charisma/dexterity/constitution/intelligence/wisdom +6 (for all off course)

Yes, but the Miniatures Handbook already has the 'Belt of Magnificence' which does that for less cost.

Duskranger
It's more I have 760K to spend on items, but I only may have one magic item with a worth of more than 10k

Yora
Which some of us refer to as "broken"?

Escheton
2010-04-11, 10:13 AM
with 1 failed save against the wrong spell it would be yeah...
and though the chances of getting it uberdispelled or sundered are maybe low it would ruin all stats, not just 1 per itemslot with extra effect
making it somewhat less unbalanced

Duskranger
2010-04-11, 10:19 AM
He just ruled that a combined item couldn't cost more than 100k. Sigh. Still fighting to get the belt of magnificence.

Escheton
2010-04-11, 10:23 AM
thats a special item, not a compound item, it should work

its true though, just like a archmage robe or whatever isnt a compound item even though it has many different abilitys.
It's a special item that uses special costrules because you might not need all that or whatever.

Duskranger
2010-04-11, 10:26 AM
thats a special item, not a compound item, it should work

I hate that word :smallbiggrin:

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-11, 10:34 AM
He just ruled that a combined item couldn't cost more than 100k. Sigh. Still fighting to get the belt of magnificence.If you're a spellcaster (or manifester) with the stat-enhancing spells (or animal affinity), you can make it yourself for 100,000 gp and 8,000 xp.

Of course, if you take the Apprentice (Craftsman) feat, as well as Legendary Artisan and Extraordinary Artisan (Eberron Campaign Setting), you can make it for 65,000 gp and 5,200 xp (much cheaper).

There are other ways to mitigate costs as well. Such as getting that feat that lets you sacrifice wealth directly to an item (don't remember what it was, sorry) and using flesh to salt (or wall of iron) to sacrifice to it and make it for the cost of a belt of giant's strength +2. And a thought bottle to knock your XP cost down to a measly 500 xp.

elonin
2010-04-11, 10:36 AM
That item should cost more still. The slot-less or wrong slot cost should be applied to some of those abilities. Isn't the mini's hand book 3.0? If not definitely before MiC.

Douglas
2010-04-11, 10:49 AM
It's more I have 760K to spend on items, but I only may have one magic item with a worth of more than 10k

He just ruled that a combined item couldn't cost more than 100k. Sigh. Still fighting to get the belt of magnificence.
He's forcing you to divide your wealth among over 60 magic items? Have you pointed this number out to him and how ridiculously high it is? Counting a weapon and shield, there are only 14 magic item slots available. That restriction would force you to have about 70% of your gear in backup items, situational items, slotless items, and expendables, which is utterly absurd.

Sliver
2010-04-11, 10:59 AM
That item should cost more still. The slot-less or wrong slot cost should be applied to some of those abilities. Isn't the mini's hand book 3.0? If not definitely before MiC.

It's cheaper because most classes don't get that much from +6 to all stats, and those that do, really need that discount to keep up.

Curmudgeon
2010-04-11, 06:41 PM
It's cheaper because most classes don't get that much from +6 to all stats, and those that do, really need that discount to keep up.
That's only a 7.4% discount. With sufficient skill in Diplomacy you can Haggle the price down an additional 10%.

Prime32
2010-04-11, 06:50 PM
That's only a 7.4% discount. With sufficient skill in Diplomacy you can Haggle the price down an additional 10%.I think you are missing the important part. It may be only a 7.4% cost discount, but it's an 83% body-slot discount.

Curmudgeon
2010-04-11, 08:12 PM
I think you are missing the important part. It may be only a 7.4% cost discount, but it's an 83% body-slot discount.
That's not important at all, after Magic Item Compendium made it possible to easily add ability boosts without price premiums. Every such boost can be added in multiple body slots without incurring any price multiplier. Packaging all six boosts in one item is purely a matter of convenience over alternatives like

Head: existing magic property + Charisma + Intelligence + Wisdom
Arms/Hands: existing magic property + Dexterity + Strength
Throat/Torso/Waist: existing magic property + Constitution
... and of course the 7.4% price discount.